ADVERTISEMENT

Per Trump, He got another indictment coming.

No it doesn’t.

Jack Smith gets to pick exactly what the Grand Jury sees. Only one side gets to present their argument, and that includes them withholding exculpatory evidence (exculpatory means evidence that would contradict conviction):

So that means grand jury indictments are pretty worthless, hence the term “you could indict a ham sandwich”.

And BSC didn’t point that out. And no one thinks that Smith “randomly” did anything. This is a hit job, and the goal is keeping Trump from running and winning in 2024.

But you already knew that.
Is a grand jury job to convict?

Have you ever sat on a Grand Jury? The DA tells you a brief summary of what they want to charge. Then explains the elements of the crime. The witnesses, usually police, tell you the evidence that fits into the elements and that is it. Then you vote. 99.9% of the time the GJ votes to indict. Conviction rates % do not reach near that high.
Correct. I never said that means he guilty. Fatman is making it seem like grand jury is a trial. I also never said that means that he will be convicted. People saw the elements of the crime and recommended charges. Bringing up Trump side has no relevance to a grand jury. That will come when the trial starts.

Is a grand jury job to convict?
No. The Grand Jury's job is to hear the evidence presented. If they believe the evidence as presented would result in a guilty decision in court, then they issue the indictment. If they don't, then they don't.

As @fatman76 and @BCSpell have tried to tell you, that's why the conviction rate is so high. The information presented to the jury is cherry-picked and the defense has no say.

This is why you guys keep getting your hopes up, only to get let down when the case moves past the GJ. I think it's comical to watch Lucy pull the football back.

Every. Single. Time.

Correct. I never said that means he guilty. Fatman is making it seem like grand jury is a trial. I also never said that means that he will be convicted. People saw the elements of the crime and recommended charges. Bringing up Trump side has no relevance to a grand jury. That will come when the trial starts.
Cite where I said that.

I've literally been saying the opposite.

The one he shoved into a crowded dept store dressing room, silently raped, and then left with no witnesses (as a celebrity in a city he's famous in)?

You'll believe anything if it's bad for Trump. Even the hyper partisan jury didn't believe he did it. There's not one shred of evidence and Bragg had to create a special rule to lift the statute of limitations for this one case...and there's no proof he ever even met the woman.

And why did she wait this long? What's the significance of the timing?

You do know he just countersued I hope...

Where in the statement below do I state that Grand Jury indictments are like a trial? I'm saying the exact opposite - you get to hear both sides in a trial.

And I guess your extensive vocabulary doesn't include "witch hunt". Your reading comprehension here is about at a 6th grade level, I honestly feel sorry for you if you're being serious.

In current language, "witch-hunt" metaphorically means an investigation that is usually conducted with much publicity, supposedly to uncover subversive activity, disloyalty, and so on, but with the real purpose of harming opponents.[2]

My post:
"Are you smart enough to know that grand juries only hear one side of the issue? The defense doesn't get to present their case at all. They don't mean what you think they mean.

Which makes them PERFECT for political witch hunts..."

Who tried to make them the same?

My point is BSC is all horny over these indictments and arrests and it’s less than half the story.

I’m actually making the opposite point. Talk to BSC about how you can “indict a ham sandwich”.
its usually the innocent people that are being arrested and charged, lets unite and demand a defunding of the police.

SHEEP

On this indictment, is the government really going to arrest him and put him in jail nearly three years later?
Not your best reply or rush to defend. Grand juries are not determining guilt. They are just determining if there is enough to recommend charges. They apparently saw enough to recommend charges.
With that said, how is it in their interest, especially if in a blue state, to not recommend charges?

Who is a jury of Trump's peers? 12 average voters?

When it comes to January 6th, and perhaps there is some damning evidence that I have not seen, but while one can blame Trump for not being faster to say something, there was nothing (even after a whole J6 commission) to say, "yes - he led an insurrection".

Now, places like Georgia when you are explicitly asking for 13,000 votes - that is potentially a different story.

On this indictment, is the government really going to arrest him and put him in jail nearly three years later?

With that said, how is it in their interest, especially if in a blue state, to not recommend charges?

Who is a jury of Trump's peers? 12 average voters?

When it comes to January 6th, and perhaps there is some damning evidence that I have not seen, but while one can blame Trump for not being faster to say something, there was nothing (even after a whole J6 commission) to say, "yes - he led an insurrection".

Now, places like Georgia when you are explicitly asking for 13,000 votes - that is potentially a different story.
FL is a red state and recommended charges, people still got excuses. It's so annoying with this state stuff.

There are Trump supporters in every state and let Trump tell it, he really won NY.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Respectfully, why not? They blindly follow, that’s what sheep do.
No - they do not blindly follow, at all, but they do reflexively look the other way, dismiss or obliquely justify the unnecessary behavior as they view this country at an existential inflection point due to (mostly) demographic changes and the increasingly permeability of post-marxist thinking into every element of our life (as an example, I finished a 4 mile run at the southern part of central park, and a group of people were yelling around the removal of a statue at the base of the park. the one of columbus)

It is also not every comment, that is made. Some - sure, fair point. Not all.

No - they do not blindly follow, at all, but they do reflexively look the other way, dismiss or obliquely justify the unnecessary behavior as they view this country at an existential inflection point due to (mostly) demographic changes and the increasingly permeability of post-marxist thinking into every element of our life (as an example, I finished a 4 mile run at the southern part of central park, and a group of people were yelling around the removal of a statue at the base of the park. the one of columbus)

We strongly disagree, they follow and are the most sheepish people I have interacted with.

They definitely blindly follow the man.

Every one has heard that call. Asking to find 13k votes means either find votes uncounted or find fraudulent votes. Most of know some extremely weird things happened in Fulton County, based on video evidence alone. In addition, why were the tabulators in the vote counting places putting cardboard up so that the election watchers were blocked from viewing the counting?

Every one has heard that call. Asking to find 13k votes means either find votes uncounted or find fraudulent votes. Most of know some extremely weird things happened in Fulton County, based on video evidence alone. In addition, why were the tabulators in the vote counting places putting cardboard up so that the election watchers were blocked from viewing the counting?
That is still illegal. You didn't help Trump with this reply 😂

But it was okay that they found multiple suitcases full of votes under the table, after the Repubs where told to leave and go home for the night???????? Oh, my bad, that was PA. Carry on.

But it was okay that they found multiple suitcases full of votes under the table, after the Repubs where told to leave and go home for the night???????? Oh, my bad, that was PA. Carry on.
They pulled out the suitcases in GA. After they made the watchers leave and after they said counting was done for the day.

It was PA where the USPS truck driver from NY was told at 10pm on election night to immediately drive a full truck of votes down to Philadelphia, which arrived at 3am and was immediately 'counted'.

But yeah, most secure election ever.

They pulled out the suitcases in GA. After they made the watchers leave and after they said counting was done for the day.

It was PA where the USPS truck driver from NY was told at 10pm on election night to immediately drive a full truck of votes down to Philadelphia, which arrived at 3am and was immediately 'counted'.

But yeah, most secure election ever.
OH, MY BAD. So much cheating was going on that its hard for me to keep it all straight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT