ADVERTISEMENT

....and this is where Trump falls off....

My contention is that moderates are now on the left (see Elons diagram). And appeasement (making folks feel comfortable) of moderates, is a massive part of the reason we are where we are. It has to stop.

This is vert similar to addiction and alcoholism. You don’t make them feel comfortable so they can get on board and get better. Quite the opposite, you make them uncomfortable, it’s their only shot.

Similarly, appeasement of that group now won’t fix anything. It may provide a temporary band aid, but then we will be doing this same crap again shortly after. Maybe this country does need 4 more years of Joe, so they can feel the pain enough for real change.

This country isn’t getting fixed until we fix our morality issues. And for some, those issue are driven by societal acceptance instead of where morality actually comes from.
I agree with the Overton Window and Elon's diagram.

I was a center right/center left (depending on issue) 10-15 years ago. Some would say I am MAGA right now with the exception of Abortion (no need to go into it here) and perhaps LGBTQ+ decisions for adults. (for Parents, I am nearly in line with DeSantis and the right). Trump today and Obama on the stump in 2008 are not that far apart.

I also have come to agree on appeasement, although that may mean, given on the issue, different things. I think - and this is your alcholism point, the "appeasement" even on the left around, "meth clinics, stealing lower amounts, no cash bail, etc. has led us to this point."

I find no reason to be proactively mean spirited, unempathetic, etc. I try to find the inner dignity of people until they consistently show me otherwise. Trump often does it as a defensive mechanism, but like in football, the refs catch the second punch not the first one.

To your last point, you have to stop the influx and demographic/cultural change, get to a rebaseline and then through carrot and stick, highlight the value of hard work, family, entrepeneurship, etc. Like Vivek or hate him, that is what he did and has been successful. It is why Asians and Jews are very successful here. Yes, there is an IQ component, but there is also just hard work.

I agree with the Overton Window and Elon's diagram.

I was a center right/center left (depending on issue) 10-15 years ago. Some would say I am MAGA right now with the exception of Abortion (no need to go into it here) and perhaps LGBTQ+ decisions for adults. (for Parents, I am nearly in line with DeSantis and the right). Trump today and Obama on the stump in 2008 are not that far apart.

I also have come to agree on appeasement, although that may mean, given on the issue, different things. I think - and this is your alcholism point, the "appeasement" even on the left around, "meth clinics, stealing lower amounts, no cash bail, etc. has led us to this point."

I find no reason to be proactively mean spirited, unempathetic, etc. I try to find the inner dignity of people until they consistently show me otherwise. Trump often does it as a defensive mechanism, but like in football, the refs catch the second punch not the first one.

To your last point, you have to stop the influx and demographic/cultural change, get to a rebaseline and then through carrot and stick, highlight the value of hard work, family, entrepeneurship, etc. Like Vivek or hate him, that is what he did and has been successful. It is why Asians and Jews are very successful here. Yes, there is an IQ component, but there is also just hard work.

It’s not about being mean spirited. It’s about dealing with evil the ONLY way it can be dealt with effectively. sometimes you have to overturn the tables and chase people out of the sanctuary with whips. WWJD.

When things and people are corrupt, there is not a way to be nice about taking them out of the sanctuary. What we have to reflect on, is when there is evil, it must be dealt with harshly. You don’t pet a rabid dog, and treat it nicely. You take it out. Simple as that.

We are in a spiritual battle. Whether you accept that or not, isn’t relevant. It is what it is.

It’s not about being mean spirited. It’s about dealing with evil the ONLY way it can be dealt with effectively. sometimes you have to overturn the tables and chase people out of the sanctuary with whips. WWJD.

When things and people are corrupt, there is not a way to be nice about taking them out of the sanctuary. What we have to reflect on, is when there is evil, it must be dealt with harshly. You don’t pet a rabid dog, and treat it nicely. You take it out. Simple as that.

We are in a spiritual battle. Whether you accept that or not, isn’t relevant. It is what it is.
To many voters, a lot of is is about being mean spirited. That should be obvious. You're just willing to overlook it because Trump is your candidate.

To many voters, a lot of is is about being mean spirited. That should be obvious. You're just willing to overlook it because Trump is your candidate.

You can be emotional if you want. Your choice. I am not overlooking anything. Quite the opposite actually. I am looking at it directly, and approving of how evil is being dealt with. Don’t get it twisted, I am not unapologetic, I am in agreement with it.

• Wow
Reactions: fatman76
Politics are harsh, I'm not sure you're cut out for it.

The dems cast milquetoast Romney as an animal abusive, male chauvinist (remember the "binders full of women"?) cutthroat investment capitalist who ruined lives. Likened him to a villian in a Batman movie...and the guy isn't even a Conservative. And you know what? It worked, Romney got killed.

I don't think Trump has said anything as mean or untrue as that about his opponents.

Reactions: RussellCasse
Politics are harsh, I'm not sure you're cut out for it.

The dems cast milquetoast Romney as an animal abusive, male chauvinist (remember the "binders full of women"?) cutthroat investment capitalist who ruined lives. Likened him to a villian in a Batman movie...and the guy isn't even a Conservative. And you know what? It worked, Romney got killed.

I don't think Trump has said anything as mean or untrue as that about his opponents.
I know you don't.

It happened during Romney's campaign, which I made pretty clear in post #127.
In my opinion there was no dirty campaign trick lower than the false Russian dossier created by Hilliary on Trump. These Dems have always felt like and acted like they are above the law.

Reactions: gatordad3
Got it!

Dems are shitheads. That doesn't mean it's OK for my candidate to be a shithead.
It's politics. Things get nasty.

I think much nastier things happen all of the time than calling someone a modified version of "nimrod".

Here's what has you so upset:

“Anyone listening to Nikki ‘Nimrada’ Haley’s wacked out speech last night, would think that she won the Iowa Primary. She didn’t, and she couldn’t even beat a very flawed Ron DeSanctimonious, who’s out of money, and out of hope,” Trump posted on Truth Social.

1) Calls here a modified version of Nimrod
2) Said her speech was "wacked out" because she acted like she was second ("it's now a two man race")
3) Takes a shot at DeSantis' fundraising efforts

I'm failing to see how this is so mean and terrible. I guess his tone is abrasive and harsh?

In my opinion there was no dirty campaign trick lower than the false Russian dossier created by Hilliary on Trump. These Dems have always felt like and acted like they are above the law.
Reid lying about Romney's taxes was also a low blow, but you're making a good point...they throw precedence out the window when Trump is involved.

Then he calls someone a name and the snowflake crowd melts...

It may not have to be that way, but it is that way. I play the cards that are dealt, not the hand I wish I had. Moderates need to get over it and toughen up.
They basically are saying they may choose the guy that opened the borders, has 9% inflation, let’s Iran push us around, surrendered Afghanistan and left billions in weapons and is DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the death of 13 of our brave military, using the DOJ for election interference, etc because Trumps a meanie. What little wimps.

That was a statement about how bad our coaching staff is.
I get it...however unless these people are making HUGE money coaching somewhere because of their talent coaching big boy football...., I do not put any stock in to their opinion. I listen to people like KC, Heisman, BBlake and SGUN. They are VERY close to the program, and do this for a living. Now I am NOT saying he will work out, because EVERYONE has o have doubts...I just think it is quite unproductive to post things on the boards about how our staff sucks...for the recruits and their parents to read. In other words...I choose not to be part of the prob,em.

I get it...however unless these people are making HUGE money coaching somewhere because of their talent coaching big boy football...., I do not put any stock in to their opinion. I listen to people like KC, Heisman, BBlake and SGUN. They are VERY close to the program, and do this for a living. Now I am NOT saying he will work out, because EVERYONE has o have doubts...I just think it is quite unproductive to post things on the boards about how our staff sucks...for the recruits and their parents to read. In other words...I choose not to be part of the prob,em.
Allegedly he tried to hire Charlie Cheeseburger's kid as an OC, so maybe he's not as dumb as he looks.

We'll see. Frankly, Id be happy to coach us to a losing record for half what he makes.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Who’s frightened of her?
No Trumper, at all, is frightened of her. My original point is that was that he has this in the bag. Punching down, makes little sense.

If DeSantis had a clue of sanity, he would get out of the race, let Trump win by 60 points in Halley's own state, and then focus on the ground game and getting out the vote, especially in Swing States.
Got it!

Dems are shitheads. That doesn't mean it's OK for my candidate to be a shithead.
Theo - you are making difference points, but the nuance is important.

The board is right in that Trump's aggressive "posture" is what makes him one of the best politicians that we have seen. He is very different from Reagan, but similar in that way. Tell him to "moderate it" and you lose what is special about him. It is a bit like (as this is a football board), "the prevent defense only prevents you from winning".

My point is that Trump's only issue is when he is undisciplined. On Nikki, he is going to trounce her even in NH. Even if he didn't, who cares. Trump does not need NH. It went +7 Biden. It has 4 electoral votes.

Now, people, to a fault defend his lack of discipline at points, but that is a COMPLETELY difference discussion from taking an aggressive posture.

The football analogy is that blitzing and putting pressure on is being "aggressive". Good. Marco Wilson through the shoe in 2020 against LSU - undisciplined. The play was done. Here, Nikki is done. Move on.

Why won't I vote for Nikki? Similar to the issue on SS above, will she change her mind on shutting down the border when her donors want cheap labor or nannies to care for their kids when they go to Soul Cycle? I have seen no demonstrated ability from her to stay consistent and principled.

As everyone knows, it ALL starts on the border for me. Fail that and you are done. Lose trust and you are done.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
No Trumper, at all, is frightened of her. My original point is that was that he has this in the bag. Punching down, makes little sense.

If DeSantis had a clue of sanity, he would get out of the race, let Trump win by 60 points in Halley's own state, and then focus on the ground game and getting out the vote, especially in Swing States.

Theo - you are making difference points, but the nuance is important.

The board is right in that Trump's aggressive "posture" is what makes him one of the best politicians that we have seen. He is very different from Reagan, but similar in that way. Tell him to "moderate it" and you lose what is special about him. It is a bit like (as this is a football board), "the prevent defense only prevents you from winning".

My point is that Trump's only issue is when he is undisciplined. On Nikki, he is going to trounce her even in NH. Even if he didn't, who cares. Trump does not need NH. It went +7 Biden. It has 4 electoral votes.

Now, people, to a fault defend his lack of discipline at points, but that is a COMPLETELY difference discussion from taking an aggressive posture.

The football analogy is that blitzing and putting pressure on is being "aggressive". Good. Marco Wilson through the shoe in 2020 against LSU - undisciplined. The play was done. Here, Nikki is done. Move on.

Why won't I vote for Nikki? Similar to the issue on SS above, will she change her mind on shutting down the border when her donors want cheap labor or nannies to care for their kids when they go to Soul Cycle? I have seen no demonstrated ability from her to stay consistent and principled.

As everyone knows, it ALL starts on the border for me. Fail that and you are done. Lose trust and you are done.
You can be an aggressive leader without calling your opponents names.

Yes, Trumpers eat it up but it repels people who aren't Trumpers. Trump is going to get the Trumper vote. He needs other votes too.

Yes, Trumpers eat it up but it repels people who aren't Trumpers. Trump is going to get the Trumper vote. He needs other votes too.

There’s zero evidence of that, especially in this cycle

Reactions: RussellCasse

To an extent, that is true. Suburban women are the key demographic where they should vote for him but don’t.

Abortion has as much do (if not far more) with that as does his style.

To an extent, that is true. Suburban women are the key demographic where they should vote for him but don’t.

Abortion has as much do (if not far more) with that as does his style.
Your belief is that suburban women aren't all that put off by Trump's behavior?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT