ADVERTISEMENT

Pentagon Leaker and Trump Are a Test of "Two-Tiered" Justice System

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
If donald trump is found guilty...

Why shouldn't he receive a similar sentence as everyone else convicted of this crime?

https://time.com/6288982/pentagon-leaker-and-trump-are-a-test-of-two-tiered-justice-system/
Pentagon Leaker and Trump Are a Test of "Two-Tiered" Justice System

Teixeira-trump-espionage.jpg

hile Donald Trump’s allies have been condemning a “two-tiered system of justice,” alleging that his indictment for mishandling classified documents is the result of political targeting, a better test case has been playing out in a federal courthouse in Worcester, Massachusetts.

On Wednesday, 21-year-old Massachusetts Air National Guard member Jack Teixeira was arraigned after being charged with breaking the same law as the former President a week earlier. Both men are charged with willful retention of national defense information, among other charges. Both men have pleaded not guilty.

The parallel, high-profile court cases are putting a spotlight on the differing applications of the Espionage Act, a century-old law intended to prosecute individuals who jeopardize national security. The law has been used to prosecute whistleblowers including Edward Snowden and Reality Winner. With Trump facing many of the same charges as Teixeira and several other lower-level individuals whose cases are being considered by the Justice Department, there will be pressure to demonstrate equality under the law given the serious risk to national security, legal experts say.

Evidence presented by federal prosecutors in both cases revealed that the two men were showing off their access to classified intelligence in part to brag about it: Trump to friends and visitors, Teixeira to members of a Discord group largely composed of teenagers. In both cases, prosecutors have presented evidence that the defendants knew what they were doing was illegal. And prosecutors say that both Trump and Teixeira attempted to cover their tracks.

Legal experts also point to the similarities with the recent case of Robert Birchum. The 55-year-old former U.S. Air Force intelligence officer was sentenced earlier this month to three years in federal prison for keeping classified documents at “his home, his overseas officer’s quarters and a storage pod in his driveway,” according to federal prosecutors. Unlike Trump and Teixeira, he pled guilty to the charges and according to his lawyers expressed “true remorse.”

Lol.. This whole thing is a "lawfare" setup that will not result in any conviction. The POTUS determines the status of documents when he wants and pulling some joke scheme to try to stop Trump doesnt change that.

Lol.. This whole thing is a "lawfare" setup that will not result in any conviction. The POTUS determines the status of documents when he wants and pulling some joke scheme to try to stop Trump doesnt change that.

Wrong. But I hear trump is hiring new attorneys...you should give him a ring 🤣

Lol.. This whole thing is a "lawfare" setup that will not result in any conviction.
That's disappointing. Was hoping they nail Trump and force him to go to jail after the crackhead First Son got a pass AND after hillary got a pass cause 'no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case' against her.

We need to get this show on the road. We've got a country to save.

That's disappointing. Was hoping they nail Trump and force him to go to jail after the crackhead First Son got a pass AND after hillary got a pass cause 'no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case' against her.

We need to get this show on the road. We've got a country to save.

LOL

So now after spending years saying that trump shouldn't be indicted for anything reality is punching malone in the face he wants to act like trump's current situation is something he's wanted 🤣

LOL

So now after spending years saying that trump shouldn't be indicted for anything reality is punching malone in the face he wants to act like trump's current situation is something he's wanted 🤣

GhostOfMatchesMalone has always been an agent of chaos and strife. It’s no surprise that he has accelerationist Electric Boogaloo sympathies.

He is
IMG-0598.jpg

I've said all along, I don't waste my time trying to convince the sheep of what's coming. It will arrive whether they believe in it or not.

The sooner Trump is arrested and in jail to keep him from running, the sooner we can save this country.

Been telling you goobs this ever since I saw them steal the 2020 election. It's not my fault you guys don't listen. Another reason why I don't waste my time arguing with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT