ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Bashes DeSantis: Banning Abortions on Babies With Beating Hearts is “Too Harsh”

kjfreeze

Gator Great
Jan 17, 2005
COME ON MAN!!

I guess something is better than nothing, but to me, you're either pro-life or you're not. There is no in-between. Life is precious and we are the ones dropping the ball when we do not have in place intentional education on the subject. People have been brainwashed in this area. I understand many hard situations arise from unwanted pregnancies, but that's where God and His mercy comes in. Our problem in the nation (and the world) is that we've dissed our Lord for the lord of the underworld. And the lord of the underworld HATES ALL HUMANS. Jesus say's to let the little children come to Him, so Satan and his family of evil people do the exact opposite.

https://www.lifenews.com/2023/05/15...s-on-babies-with-beating-hearts-is-too-harsh/

Any abortion is too harsh. Period. The ONLY time an abortion is recommended is for the life of the mother. I've said all along that abortion is my number one topic. If little Bob the Builder is running for President and has no way at all of winning, but is 100% pro-life, he gets my vote, but only after I've considered the opposition to Trump. If there are no differences between Trump's policy here and any other R or D running for President, then little Bob gets my vote. Otherwise, I will have to insure at least a compromised vote for Trump would suffice and pray he changes his mind for 100% as well.

Abortion will be legal just need to have limits and rules on when it’s allowable and when it’s not. The nut jobs on both sides make a lot of noise but are meaningless idiots

COME ON MAN!!

I guess something is better than nothing, but to me, you're either pro-life or you're not. There is no in-between. Life is precious and we are the ones dropping the ball when we do not have in place intentional education on the subject. People have been brainwashed in this area. I understand many hard situations arise from unwanted pregnancies, but that's where God and His mercy comes in. Our problem in the nation (and the world) is that we've dissed our Lord for the lord of the underworld. And the lord of the underworld HATES ALL HUMANS. Jesus say's to let the little children come to Him, so Satan and his family of evil people do the exact opposite.

https://www.lifenews.com/2023/05/15...s-on-babies-with-beating-hearts-is-too-harsh/

Any abortion is too harsh. Period. The ONLY time an abortion is recommended is for the life of the mother. I've said all along that abortion is my number one topic. If little Bob the Builder is running for President and has no way at all of winning, but is 100% pro-life, he gets my vote, but only after I've considered the opposition to Trump. If there are no differences between Trump's policy here and any other R or D running for President, then little Bob gets my vote. Otherwise, I will have to insure at least a compromised vote for Trump would suffice and pray he changes his mind for 100% as well.

Trump has just conceded the conservative right to DeSantis…while lurching left. DeSantis is killing it with conservative legislative wins daily. Not a smart move by Trump IMO.

COME ON MAN!!

Bad move by Trump, I think he sees blood in the water and is attacking DeSantis on all fronts to try to get him to back out of the race. I wouldn't be surprised to see him ease off these comments once DeSantis announces he's either not running or out of the race.

Reactions: gatordad3
Trump has just conceded the conservative right to DeSantis…while lurching left. DeSantis is killing it with conservative legislative wins daily. Not a smart move by Trump IMO.

Yeah...No. Trump already wins the right...and it is not even close. Trump needs moderates, which is what he is after here. This is a WIN. Most of us on the right abortion is WAY down the list of importance. Inflation, military, open borders, economy, supply chain....MANY things that Trump is incredible with are just more important. This to me shows he does not fear DeSantis in the primary anymore

Yeah...No. Trump already wins the right...and it is not even close. Trump needs moderates, which is what he is after here. This is a WIN. Most of us on the right abortion is WAY down the list of importance. Inflation, military, open borders, economy, supply chain....MANY things that Trump is incredible with are just more important. This to me shows he does not fear DeSantis in the primary anymore
Abortion is way down the list, huh? Baby killing is less important than supply chains? Wrong!!! If I cant trust you on killing babies, then I cant trust you on anything else.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Abortion is way down the list, huh? Baby killing is less important than supply chains? Wrong!!! If I cant trust you on killing babies, then I cant trust you on anything else.
To me it is. We disagree here. Personally, I could never do an abortion. Where I lose some importance is forcing others to fell that way also. So to me..it is murder. To others, not even close to that. Lastly...I am 61 yrs old. Abortion will never be an issue to me. I hate any that are paid for with taxes. I believe after a certain time...it is NO DOUBT murder. I just do not believe everyone else has to feel the same about it as I do. (I never had children, and never was a part of an abortion)

To me it is. We disagree here. Personally, I could never do an abortion. Where I lose some importance is forcing others to fell that way also. So to me..it is murder. To others, not even close to that. Lastly...I am 61 yrs old. Abortion will never be an issue to me. I hate any that are paid for with taxes. I believe after a certain time...it is NO DOUBT murder. I just do not believe everyone else has to feel the same about it as I do. (I never had children, and never was a part of an abortion)
You and I agree that it is murder. How can it not be an issue to everyone that children are being murder in a systematic way? A culture that does not place the murder of God's most innocent at the top of the priority list deserves no freedom, no liberty and no prosperity.

Cap,

Respectfully disagree. Pro-life side is a significant component of any conservative coalition.

The ONLY argument a pro-life candidate could make against the Florida bill is "6 weeks is more difficult to defend than 15 weeks, which is what most in the pro life movement believe should be the limit if abortion is to be allowed at all. I favor limits, just think we have to be tactical about it."

In skimming the article, I didn't see that Trump made a "15 weeks, not 6" argument - he just criticized DeSantis.

Quoting from the article:

After the dustup, Trump renewed his pro-life commitments in a video to a Christian group in Iowa.

“I will stand proudly in defense of innocent life just as I did for 4 very powerful strong years because every child, born and unborn, is a sacred gift from God,” Trump said in a video address to a pro-family group in Iowa.

If he actually believes that, what makes a 6 week limit "too harsh?" If every child is a sacred gift from God, then anything more than "zero weeks" is harsh (to the unborn child).

Trump's attacking from the left here (which isn't the first time he's done that in criticizing DeSantis).

Reactions: nail1988
Trump is responsible for R vs W being overturned...which I agree with. The ruling was a bad ruling, and now follows our Constitution. And BradDad...I do not belong to any coalition....I just know what is important to me. At this time, our Constitution lets states decide. I 100% agree with this. Make no mistake...just because a state allows it does not mean I would ever support it. But it is the law. I am pretty close to what one would call a "Constitutionalist" If they ever include ending a life in a moms womb, murder...I will gladly support all laws to make it illegal. Just not a top situation for America in my book. My book is authored only by me.

Trump is responsible for R vs W being overturned...which I agree with. The ruling was a bad ruling, and now follows our Constitution. And BradDad...I do not belong to any coalition....I just know what is important to me. At this time, our Constitution lets states decide. I 100% agree with this. Make no mistake...just because a state allows it does not mean I would ever support it. But it is the law. I am pretty close to what one would call a "Constitutionalist" If they ever include ending a life in a moms womb, murder...I will gladly support all laws to make it illegal. Just not a top situation for America in my book. My book is authored only by me.
I can appreciate your point of view and won't argue with you about it.

What I am saying is "What Trump says he believes (about the life of unborn children being a sacred gift of God) is inconsistent with criticizing a law restricting abortion as "too harsh." Which is my opinion.

Trump did many good things as President. He's also his own worst enemy, absolutely undisciplined in his public persona.

Casey Stengel said "The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds." Trump has no appreciation for this maxim.

Reactions: nail1988
I can appreciate your point of view and won't argue with you about it.

What I am saying is "What Trump says he believes (about the life of unborn children being a sacred gift of God) is inconsistent with criticizing a law restricting abortion as "too harsh." Which is my opinion.

Trump did many good things as President. He's also his own worst enemy, absolutely undisciplined in his public persona.

Casey Stengel said "The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds." Trump has no appreciation for this maxim.
I do not disagree with anything you say here. So I do not know what we would argue about.

Reactions: BradDad57
The ultra right wants to take it too far. Eliminating morning after pills, etc. is way too strident and it will cause some women to leave.

The ultra right wants to take it too far. Eliminating morning after pills, etc. is way too strident and it will cause some women to leave.
I can understand people who think life is life, whether it's 15 weeks old or 6 hours old, having an issue with it.

In terms of the politics of it, the whole purpose of returning the issue to the people is to allow that debate, where before it was ruled "out of bounds."

The leftists who think infanticide - allowing aborted babies who are born alive (notwithstanding the best effort of the abortionist) to die by denying them care - are way too extreme & strident too.

I can understand people who think life is life, whether it's 15 weeks old or 6 hours old, having an issue with it.

In terms of the politics of it, the whole purpose of returning the issue to the people is to allow that debate, where before it was ruled "out of bounds."

The leftists who think infanticide - allowing aborted babies who are born alive (notwithstanding the best effort of the abortionist) to die by denying them care - are way too extreme & strident too.
Agree. But a pill the morning after is
NOT infanticide by any stretch of the imagination.

We just need to meet somewhere between these two places, and WAY closer to the pill, with ZERO tax payer money spent on this subject
I think it’s acceptable to distribute birth control pills to young women at publicly funded health care facilities. Heck of a lot cheaper than funding a kid for 18 years.

I think it’s acceptable to distribute birth control pills to young women at publicly funded health care facilities. Heck of a lot cheaper than funding a kid for 18 years.
Not a fan of tax payer birth control. Not my job to pay for that..it is the persons. Moe a fan of parental intervention and teaching their children.

One way or the other you're paying for it. I'd rather pay for a pill or sterilization than 18 years child support for a kid who has a 50 percent chance of becoming a criminal.
I get the argument. But there are people who pay taxes that are morally against this. (I am not one of those people) I understand both sides, I just do not think gubment assistance is the best, or only answer. I also do not believe it should just be ignored.

One way or the other you're paying for it. I'd rather pay for a pill or sterilization than 18 years child support for a kid who has a 50 percent chance of becoming a criminal.

And that 50% number is probably optimistic.

Wouldn't want to see government get into the "sterilization" business.

What begins as voluntary becomes encouraged, then mandatory.

Margaret Sanger was in favor of compelled sterilization. Eugenics has no place as public policy.

Margaret Sanger was in favor of compelled sterilization. Eugenics has no place as public policy.
WTF dude.

Right now the state won't pay for tubal ligation and there's a wait list for vasectomies.

Kindly explain to me the logical leap you made from people going in to get snipped on the government dime to mandatory sterilization.

Reactions: goldmom
WTF dude.

Right now the state won't pay for tubal ligation and there's a wait list for vasectomies.

Kindly explain to me the logical leap you made from people going in to get snipped on the government dime to mandatory sterilization.
It's not that hard to follow if you actually make the attempt.

People with power seek to expand it. Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, advocated for exactly what you "WTF" about. Nazi Germany compelled it.

The Germans were human beings, just like you & me. There's nothing about us which makes us incapable of engaging in atrocities. It's the height of arrogance to think otherwise.

It's not that hard to follow if you actually make the attempt.

People with power seek to expand it. Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, advocated for exactly what you "WTF" about. Nazi Germany compelled it.

The Germans were human beings, just like you & me. There's nothing about us which makes us incapable of engaging in atrocities. It's the height of arrogance to think otherwise.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

So the only reason the government hasn't frog marched me off to get a vasectomy is because they don't have the facilities?

If we get to the point where the government can MAKE me go thru an invasive surgical procedure may I submit something far more sinister has already happened.

This is why y'all lose on the abortion issue. That's not a slippery slope, thats jumping off a cliff.

Reactions: goldmom

Parts of this I agree with. Look at the vaccine mandate that started as a suggestion.

LOLOLOL NO WAY..you mean the RELIGIOUS conservative right. Well he will pick up 10 times more with independants. Trump is not stupid. I really think conservatives need to listen to what Nikki said about abortion during the debate. You may disagree with it..but it IS where most of the Country stands. Abortion will NEVER, EVER be illegal federally. It is a poor pipe dream to think it will be. And abortion will NEVER be federally allowed up until birth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT