ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so now that the nonsense sports are out of the way, let's focus on the SEC East...

I don't know anything about him starting, i've just heard he's confident in himself and has been saying he's gonna be that guy. I got no problem with that, and if he is so be it. We need more of that at UF anyway with the way it's gone at QB for us. Either way we got at the very LEAST some serviceable guys and even though everyone thinks Franks is already a bust because of his first action in a spring game.. He's a good talent on the roster as well for the future, just let him develop.

My main optimism springs from the help around that position, the biggest jump in talent can come in year 2 especially with all those young guns we had up front...While I expect one or two to struggle early and vice versa... They actually didn't do terrible with 3 and sometimes 5 freshmen playing rotating. You got good backs, you got some young talent at WR and TE... our offense will be better. My concern is what happens to our defense this year on the field.

I think there is still enough D talent left over from Chump to field a very competitive D this year, I worry about the 2017 D though

D will be as good or better.

O will be a quantum leap better.

Coaching staff is slightly better, and has a year with this team under their belts.

Schedule might actually be a little bit better for them.

Many different items that are not under the above 4 headings can turn a season one way or another. (injuries, funky ball bounces, crappy officials, etc.)

The media-moron know-it-all's said 7 wins at best last season.
Most of them are saying 7-8 wins and 2-3 in the SECe for 2016.
I think that they are just as FoS as they usually are.... o_O

GOOOooooooooGATORS! :cool:

D will be as good or better.

O will be a quantum leap better.

Coaching staff is slightly better, and has a year with this team under their belts.

Schedule might actually be a little bit better for them.

Many different items that are not under the above 4 headings can turn a season one way or another. (injuries, funky ball bounces, crappy officials, etc.)

The media-moron know-it-all's said 7 wins at best last season.
Most of them are saying 7-8 wins and 2-3 in the SECe for 2016.
I think that they are just as FoS as they usually are.... o_O

GOOOooooooooGATORS! :cool:

We should have 7 wins in the books by opponents we out talent.

UGa and Arky seem like even teams, both are beatable if we put a high powered offense on the field.

UT, LSU and F$U on paper have more talent. None of them have exceptional coaches, this is where Mac can prove his coaching is superior. I think F$U is a longshot though

We should have 7 wins in the books by opponents we out talent.

UGa and Arky seem like even teams, both are beatable if we put a high powered offense on the field.

UT, LSU and F$U on paper have more talent. None of them have exceptional coaches, this is where Mac can prove his coaching is superior. I think F$U is a longshot though
You should win eight games easy. You should beat Arky. Toss-up with UGa and UT. I don't see you beating LSU or us.

sadgator would not be surprised to see Miami give FSU a pretty good game this year. With Richt there, that series should take on more life, and that game is in Joe Robbie this year.

And with the new roof, that place is going to be pretty loud...it will really hold in the rap music.

FSU will lose one early in the year IMO especially if they start the RS-FR Francois. Ole Miss, @Louisville, UNC, and @Miami are all potential losses. The key will be rebounding and winning out. The schedule is plenty good enough this year to make the playoff with a loss (provided that loss isn't to Clemson).

FSU will lose one early in the year IMO especially if they start the RS-FR Francois. Ole Miss, @Louisville, UNC, and @Miami are all potential losses. The key will be rebounding and winning out. The schedule is plenty good enough this year to make the playoff with a loss (provided that loss isn't to Clemson).

WOW, this has to be the toughest schedule you have faced in years. You name four decent opponents olus Clemson and UF.

WOW, this has to be the toughest schedule you have faced in years. You name four decent opponents olus Clemson and UF.
Yep. This might be one of the rare years that a one loss FSU team might make it to the playoffs. Clemson might be the only other ACC team in the same situation.

I was looking at Phil Steele's magazine the other night and we face 7 of his top 38 during the regular season. Going undefeated this year is a pipe dream IMO. I don't think we'll have to though. Just can't lose to Clemson.

This could also be a year were we could lose to Tennessee and still go to the SECCG.

Tennessee plays @UGA, @TAM and at home against Bama in back to back to back weeks.

I was looking at Phil Steele's magazine the other night and we face 7 of his top 38 during the regular season. Going undefeated this year is a pipe dream IMO. I don't think we'll have to though. Just can't lose to Clemson.

Clemson, Ole Piss, UNC, Miami, Louisville, UF are all well coached too. This is odd for you.

Even with TH, UF only lost to LSU by a late 'trick-play' TD in Death Valley last year. o_O

That leads me to believe that the Gators can beat them in the SWAMP this season. :cool:

Even with TH, UF only lost to LSU by a late 'trick-play' TD in Death Valley last year. o_O

That leads me to believe that the Gators can beat them in the SWAMP this season. :cool:

It would be a failure by LSU's staff if they don't make the playoff this year. They have 8 players that are being projected to go in the first 2 rounds of the 2017 draft. They're as loaded as loaded gets. They'll probably screw it up though.

Correct, and that was what we were all discussing like adults prior to Paco being a snarky ingrate to someone answering a question that he posed. 'Haha. LOL. Northwestern. LOL. Ha. Congrats on beating a super power there, bud.'

The guy acts like he's in the 7th grade.

Hey, congrats on losing to Houston.

I don't know anything about him starting, i've just heard he's confident in himself and has been saying he's gonna be that guy. I got no problem with that, and if he is so be it. We need more of that at UF anyway with the way it's gone at QB for us. Either way we got at the very LEAST some serviceable guys and even though everyone thinks Franks is already a bust because of his first action in a spring game.. He's a good talent on the roster as well for the future, just let him develop.

My main optimism springs from the help around that position, the biggest jump in talent can come in year 2 especially with all those young guns we had up front...While I expect one or two to struggle early and vice versa... They actually didn't do terrible with 3 and sometimes 5 freshmen playing rotating. You got good backs, you got some young talent at WR and TE... our offense will be better. My concern is what happens to our defense this year on the field.

There is no such thing as a true freshman bust in a Spring training game (not saying you feel that way, but you did say there was that talk out there). The aren't even supposed to be in the Spring game, they are supposed to be completing high school.

If he has that Spring game again in '18, then yeah.

There is no such thing as a true freshman bust in a Spring training game (not saying you feel that way, but you did say there was that talk out there). The aren't even supposed to be in the Spring game, they are supposed to be completing high school.

This

It would be a failure by LSU's staff if they don't make the playoff this year. They have 8 players that are being projected to go in the first 2 rounds of the 2017 draft. They're as loaded as loaded gets. They'll probably screw it up though.

They have no QB and you need one to win those 1-2 tight games a year that put you over the top. They'll finish 10-2 and send a stacked team to the draft like they always do.

I've seen massive amounts of fans saying he will never play here because of that alone

They have no QB and you need one to win those 1-2 tight games a year that put you over the top. They'll finish 10-2 and send a stacked team to the draft like they always do.

Probably so. They're the most talented team in the country heading into the year IMO, but they've become hard to trust. Since beating UGA in the 2011 SECCG they're 37-15 (.711). Relative to how they recruit, that just isn't very good.

Phil has his opinion, but that's all it is, he's certainly not an oracle...

Here is part of Phil's Top 40 for 2015. (Gator opponents)

L -- 4) Bama (SEC-C) UF 15 - 29 UA (Bama also won the NC, not 1-2-3)
W - 6) UGA (neutral site) --- UF 27 - 3 UGA
L -- 8) FSUcks --- UF 2 - 27 FSUcks (after WG was out)
L -- 10) @ LSU --- UF 28 - 35 LSU (after WG was out)
-------------------

W - 20) Miss --- UF 38 - 10 Miss -------- (replace them in 16 @ Ark)
W - 24) @ Mizzou --- UF 21 - 3 Miz
W - 25) tennis-sea --- UF 28 - 27 UT

UF played 4 Top 10's, and 7 teams in Phil's Top 25.
UF played 5 teams with 10+ wins, plus a 9 win team.

No getting around their last 3 game QB/Offense melt-down, (only scored 2 TD's) but that's now over (thank-gawd) and history.

SECe-C 10-4 Florida didn't even make it into Phil's 2015 preseason Top 40.
(are they in his Top 40 this year?)

Without the starting QB, UF lost to teams that were 9-3, 10-3, 10-3, and 14-1.
~ But they didn't lose to a 3-9 team.... (3-9) GaT 21 - 27 Va (4-8)

It's like the SEC Media-Daze. They have only correctly picked the SEC-C 5 times in the last 20 years. :confused: ---- Amusing to talk about, but it's no-big-deal imo.

IMOHO, UA is the only team where it might take a slight miracle for the Gators to get the win. All the rest of the games are winnable on any given Saturday. :cool:
(and we're not scared of Ron Zook Field) :D

Lesson learned.

Phil Steele and insta have the same clout.

Though one is a professional who gets paid, and I assume, only because...he's not insta?

Lesson learned.

Phil Steele and insta have the same clout.

Though one is a professional who gets paid, and I assume, only because...he's not insta?

Phil Steele, Athelon, Rivals, Scout, 247.....they all are opiniated sports hacks

Only Insta"SpaceAliensAteMyDingo" has a grip on UF football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT