ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so now that the nonsense sports are out of the way, let's focus on the SEC East...

Mark Twain — ‘Never argue with a fool (crininole), onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.’

George Carlin — ‘Never argue with an idiot (criminole).
They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. ... chomp
chomp

So are you saying that you've never called Fisher an average coach or are you saying that McElwain is a below average to average coach?
Yes I've said that Fisher is an average GAME DAY coach. However I've never compared McElwain to Richt or to Fisher or to anybody else. You were just making stuff up to try and support some kind of whack argument your trying to make and IMO it's a bunch of crap that your saying things that nobody said.

it means that mac has at the very least 2 or 3 non rock skippers on his roster now.. and del rio will be better than grier and has more experience being a college QB under his belt. No rock skips, no more skipped rock games from Florida and no more winning for FSU by gaining 72 yards of offense.

Yes I've said that Fisher is an average GAME DAY coach. However I've never compared McElwain to Richt or to Fisher or to anybody else. You were just making stuff up to try and support some kind of whack argument your trying to make and IMO it's a bunch of crap that your saying things that nobody said.

Nah. You're couching it now.

So who do you think is a better coach: Fisher or McElwain?

Nobody can argue that Mac isn't infinitely better as a coach than Mustard. From that angle, every gator should wake up every morning and thank the creator that the dark times are behind us.

That being said, the end of last season was a little cause for concern.

However, sadgator agrees with numbers that Treon was probably the worst gator player he has seen in like the last 28 years or so.

If the QB and offensive troubles continue this year, then sadgator might begin to worry. But if Mac could figure out how to get us to Atlanta in year one, sadgator is pretty confident that he will figure out how to get the offense rolling too.

Even though our record may not be as good and we may not make Atlanta, sadgator is more excited about seeing the gators this fall than he has been in years.

Nobody can argue that Mac isn't infinitely better as a coach than Mustard. From that angle, every gator should wake up every morning and thank the creator that the dark times are behind us.

That being said, the end of last season was a little cause for concern.

However, sadgator agrees with numbers that Treon was probably the worst gator player he has seen in like the last 28 years or so.

If the QB and offensive troubles continue this year, then sadgator might begin to worry. But if Mac could figure out how to get us to Atlanta in year one, sadgator is pretty confident that he will figure out how to get the offense rolling too.

Even though our record may not be as good and we may not make Atlanta, sadgator is more excited about seeing the gators this fall than he has been in years.

UF's offensive ranking should improve dramatically this year. UF was #100 in scoring offense last year at 23.2 PPG. Improving that to averaging in the high 20s or low 30s would likely have them ranked in the 40s or 50s in scoring offense. A jump of ~50 spots isn't the least bit unrealistic.

So Paco has never posted outside of this thread regarding Fisher or Richt?

Did I write that he did, or that he did not? This thread was about the SEC East. And Tennessee. If you want to bring in things he wrote outside this thread, then by all means,

Also, you seem to contradict yourself in the very next post.

You really, really need some remedial reading comprehension lessons.

Go back and read what I wrote in "the very next post."

This thread was about the SEC East. And Tennessee. If you want to bring in things he wrote outside this thread, then by all means

Correct, and that was what we were all discussing like adults prior to Paco being a snarky ingrate to someone answering a question that he posed. 'Haha. LOL. Northwestern. LOL. Ha. Congrats on beating a super power there, bud.'

The guy acts like he's in the 7th grade.

Anybody who thinks Tennessee isn't going to be good is nuts.

That being said, they have to get over the mental hump of not being able to beat us. If they can finally accomplish that at home this year, Katy bar the door.

I think that QB is the equalizer as he is just not a good passer. With us ready for him possibly running the ball that much this time I think that will be enough to beat them again.

I think that QB is the equalizer as he is just not a good passer. With us ready for him possibly running the ball that much this time I think that will be enough to beat them again.

Agree that Dobbs isn't a very good passer. One thing about UT that I think people are shortchanging heading into the season though is their defense. If you go back and look at their '14 and '15 classes, they signed some absolute monsters along the DL. They'll likely have the 2nd best defense in the SEC behind Bama. It just seems like when people discuss them they usually talk about their offense.

Define Butch Jonesesque because UT had 3 straight losing seasons before he took over and they've improved their record every year that he's been there. I doubt McElwain gets canned if UF improves over the next 2 years.
3 years and no titles.....in this day of college football, as has been proven countless times, it is possible to win big quickly...sure, he's improved, but if UT doesn't at least win the east this season, they should look elsewhere. Hell, I can't remember in the past 15 years the east teams being this weak as they have over the past 3 seasons, and yet he has failed...thus far...

Del Rio won't be better than Grier, he doesn't have half the talent. Just no. At the time Grier went out he was fairly average performance wise, but he had 1st round NFL talent type potential after a few more years of work. Del Rio doesn't. And Del Rio doesn't have the experience edge either, he's never started a game anywhere.

I said he's been around college longer and went against Bama's defense in practice at least... he's basically a 4th year sophomore with some experience. He can play and will be worlds better than treon and will have weapons around him to throw too all over the field with a nice backfield with an older OL to give him a shot to be better than Grier.

I said he's been around college longer and went against Bama's defense in practice at least... he's basically a 4th year sophomore with some experience. He can play and will be worlds better than treon and will have weapons around him to throw too all over the field with a nice backfield with an older OL to give him a shot to be better than Grier.

Was it hard to type that with your fingers crossed like that? Just kidding. It could come together that way.

The ceiling for Del Rio is McElroy...and that's really optimistic. And that's assuming the oline comes together and we find a receiver opposite of Calloway to step up. If those things don't happen we won't have enough to support him. I think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed considering the expectations being put on him. Best case scenario he's an efficient game manager. But we need a lot more talent for one of those types to succeed.

3 years and no titles.....in this day of college football, as has been proven countless times, it is possible to win big quickly...sure, he's improved, but if UT doesn't at least win the east this season, they should look elsewhere. Hell, I can't remember in the past 15 years the east teams being this weak as they have over the past 3 seasons, and yet he has failed...thus far...

The only thing I will say is Butch has made this a VERY attractive roster to lure a big-time hire once he is fired after this year.

The ceiling for Del Rio is McElroy...and that's really optimistic. And that's assuming the oline comes together and we find a receiver opposite of Calloway to step up. If those things don't happen we won't have enough to support him. I think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed considering the expectations being put on him. Best case scenario he's an efficient game manager. But we need a lot more talent for one of those types to succeed.

This is my worry. Mac will not win at UF with a game manager unless his D recruiting goes on steroids between now and January. We aren't built to win that way, we need to make plays. Mac is either going to be Spurrier and have a chance of winning at UF or he is going to be stubborn and replaced in 2 more years. None of us knows, but he is fighting a talent gap that is growing, and that usually means a Briles or Spurrier or Chip Kelly type attack to see success, but certainly not a game managed offense.

I certainly expect the offense to have more than Calloway to throw the ball to. I also don't expect del rio to be as bad as some here seem to expect. I've heard good things about him around Bama, I also remember people talking about him that saw our practices last year.. If he's not better than mcelroy then i'd be absolutely pissed

I don't think he'll be bad, I was actually pleasantly surprised by him in the spring game. I have some hope but I didn't see a guy that can carry an offense.

it's either that or he thinks he's Lombardi, there are no mediums in nole ville

It sounds like Appleby thinks he's gonna get the starting job from what ive seen

A back up with a lot of experience is better than the starter that we had last year with treon.. all of our back up options are still better at that position going in this year. Any guy with that much experience and snaps, film room hours etc.. is good to have around the program, especially for the offense and at the Quarterback position.

A back up with a lot of experience is better than the starter that we had last year with treon.. all of our back up options are still better at that position going in this year. Any guy with that much experience and snaps, film room hours etc.. is good to have around the program, especially for the offense and at the Quarterback position.

Having him around is great, but I am thinking starting him might not be the answer, but then again Harbaugh did alright using experienced reject last year

I don't know anything about him starting, i've just heard he's confident in himself and has been saying he's gonna be that guy. I got no problem with that, and if he is so be it. We need more of that at UF anyway with the way it's gone at QB for us. Either way we got at the very LEAST some serviceable guys and even though everyone thinks Franks is already a bust because of his first action in a spring game.. He's a good talent on the roster as well for the future, just let him develop.

My main optimism springs from the help around that position, the biggest jump in talent can come in year 2 especially with all those young guns we had up front...While I expect one or two to struggle early and vice versa... They actually didn't do terrible with 3 and sometimes 5 freshmen playing rotating. You got good backs, you got some young talent at WR and TE... our offense will be better. My concern is what happens to our defense this year on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT