ADVERTISEMENT

FSU should have WAY less focus on the lawsuits part and WAY more focus on the football part

Notice that the assholecriminole is on this Gator board to do all of his 'but it's not fair' whinning... šŸ˜„

šŸ˜…

Not my fault you don't have friends outside of your immediate trailer park. Again sounds more like a you problem than a me problem.
From long experience, I'm familiar with criminoles hearing what they want to hear while using their infamous 'selective hearing' for reality.... šŸ˜›

Itā€™s SOOOOO stupid that these guys want to sue the ACC to get outā€¦

Now you see what is waiting for FSU on the other sideā€¦

sadgator understands that FSU as an institution is very very butt hurt over the whole ā€œplayoff exclusion thing,ā€ but lookā€¦

When the playoffs go to 12 NEXT YEAR, youā€™ll be inā€¦literally every freaking yearā€¦

In fact, youā€™ll have a much better chance of getting in every year moving forward than you will in a good conference like the SEC, B1G, or Big 12ā€¦

This feels EXACTLY like Miami voluntarily giving up their automatic free pass to the NY6 games every year when they inexplicably and foolishly left the Big East several years agoā€¦howā€™d that work out?!?!?!?

Letā€™s be honest, FSU leadership voluntarily chose the pussy path approximately 30 years ago. Although it burned them this year, it has been very good to them otherwiseā€¦it is the reason they obtained 3 titlesā€¦why backtrack now when the path is about to open up again?!?!?!?!?

The tv money wonā€™t matterā€¦your free pass awaitsā€¦

This lawsuit is such a waste of money and effortā€¦theyā€™ll wind up paying millions in a negotiated exit fee (that they wonā€™t be able to offset by revenue from a new conference) just to get their asses kicked like tonight and NOT make the playoffsā€¦how sillyā€¦

But then again, FSU leadership ainā€™t all that brightā€¦

Give up the ridiculous lawsuits, focus on ball, and wait ā€˜til next yearā€¦
FSU administration bilking Florida taxpayers once again with legal fees money like they did putting in those joke "classrooms" inside Doak to get that stadium money. That's the benefits of a school being in a state's capital with all the politicians and law school alumni close by pulling the state's purse strings.

FSU administration bilking Florida taxpayers once again with legal fees money like they did putting in those joke "classrooms" inside Doak to get that stadium money. That's the benefits of a school being in a state's capital with all the politicians and law school alumni close by pulling the state's purse strings.
You should probably talk to your Gator alumni, Ashley Moody, who's also spending your money by going after the committee.

Reactions: goldmom
All it takes to schmooze $$$ in Tallahassee is to buy drinks and bring ladies to the four Tallahassee rooftop bars. You can net some politicos there

Iā€™d recommend Eve on Adamā€™s, Charlie Park, or Level 8ā€¦..

Youā€™re welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: alaskanseminole
b7cdc7d4ceeb8f99ce73c73bfc08bf37.jpg

Go Canes!

Lol we pounded that SEC ass this yr. Our margin of victory is bigger against SEC teams than ACC teams. The SEC got got a taste of big boy football when they went 4 and 6 against the ACC.

SEC was probably the worst p5 conf this yr. Not a single objective measure suggest the sec was even remotely decent this yr.
You sound like an fsu fan. You said you hate fsu fans. Itā€™s all making sense now.

So what was the Holes excuse again?

FSU was down 29 scholarship players due to injuries and opt out/transfer portal, I mean that is a signficant number, until you realize that UGA was down 27 players in the game due to the same reasons.

FSU was down 29 scholarship players due to injuries and opt out/transfer portal, I mean that is a signficant number, until you realize that UGA was down 27 players in the game due to the same reasons.
Several ways to skin this cat.

1st - Just look at Kirby's post game comments and you already know the answer--it's not apples to apples on who was out.

2nd - Listen to the in-game commentary. UGA has their guys, it's just their culture vs FSU who's out all their key players.

3rd - My thoughts on the whole thing:

In my TL;DR opinion, Mike Norvell's push for a championship with the 2023 team in hindsight may have been a bit premature, but given the current demand for quick results from fans, it's understandable. And realistically, I think every coach's mindset is to push for a championship each and every year, so my thoughts are most certainly in hindsight.

Norvell strategically utilized the transfer portal to bring in experienced Junior/Senior players to complement Verse and Travis, and initially, it worked well. However, the team faced the unexpected when J-Trav got injured and was eventually excluded from the College Football Invitational. (Most just bolted)

The Orange Bowl performance highlighted a crucial issue ā€“ the lack of depth behind the seasoned veterans. Unlike Norvell, Kirby Smart has been steadily developing his roster through high school recruits, creating depth across positions. This approach, reminiscent of Bobby's old teams, allows for a seamless reload even when missing key players. While I believe our starters could compete with Georgia, the disparity in depth became evident, and our backups struggled against their well-rounded and very talented roster.

Norvell is still in the process of building the program, having been at the helm for realistically only three seasons (2020 is a wash IMO). Breaking into the top-10 in recruiting this year is a positive step, but developing depth takes time. The reliance on transfer portal additions backfired when those players opted out, leaving the team with inexperienced freshmen who lacked playing time and physical development.

Comparatively, coaches like Nick Saban and Kirby Smart have established sustainable programs, similar to Bobby in the '90s. Norvell attempted to compete at that level with a carefully crafted team, but when the transfer portal players departed for the NFL, it exposed the lack of depth and experience in the roster. The Orange Bowl emphasized the importance of building a team culture through high school recruits (maybe this is what Dabo is talking about since he avoids excessive reliance on the transfer portal).

Maybe there's a valuable lesson for Norvell ā€“ the need to build a lasting foundation through the high school ranks and selectively use the portal to address specific gaps, rather than constructing an entire roster from it.

Thereā€™s really only a few programs who are above the transfer craziness. Theyā€™re the ones who compete for the playoff every year and get everyone drafted.

I donā€™t like Norvell but have to give him credit for what heā€™s done at FSU.

Thereā€™s really only a few programs who are above the transfer craziness. Theyā€™re the ones who compete for the playoff every year and get everyone drafted.
Yup. It's going to keep getting crazier too.
I donā€™t like Norvell but have to give him credit for what heā€™s done at FSU.
Interesting. That's one I honestly don't hear often. He's very likeable (unlike Jimbolt) The only UF coach I couldn't/can't stand was Urban. Hell, I pulled for Shiny Pants at USCjr. I haven't disliked any recent UM coaches until Coach Manboobs.

Yup. It's going to keep getting crazier too.

Interesting. That's one I honestly don't hear often. He's very likeable (unlike Jimbolt) The only UF coach I couldn't/can't stand was Urban. Hell, I pulled for Shiny Pants at USCjr. I haven't disliked any recent UM coaches until Coach Manboobs.
Not so much I donā€™t like him as I think/thought heā€™s overrated. But credit where itā€™s due.

Reactions: alaskanseminole

They were not down starters Dad.

How does a team move up in anyone's opinion after losing by sixty?
Depends on the metrics being used. Because it's a moving target. Are the rankings based on final record? Final game? Do we consider opt outs (does Mizzou beat OSU w/ it's QB and top receiver?) I went with final records of top 10.

Moving target. Christ Fowler 3 years ago vs what he said this year:

12218562.jpeg

Nah bro, FSU loses to every single one of these teams.
You don't know that. You think that. I was starting to dislike the No Fun League; however, the only thing that matters is what happens on the field, not what we think will happen on the field. We've all seen teams that shouldn't have won, win.

Everyone thought Bama and Texas would be playing Monday night.

You don't know that. You think that. I was starting to dislike the No Fun League; however, the only thing that matters is what happens on the field, not what we think will happen on the field. We've all seen teams that shouldn't have won, win.

Everyone thought Bama and Texas would be playing Monday night.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Honestly Bama lived a charmed life this year. They escaped defeat on multiple occasions. The game in auburn could qualify as a miracle. (Emphasis added).
Well, the result of that game basically kept both FSU and UGA out of the playoffs, so it was basically a miracle for the entire countryā€¦although we didnā€™t realize it at the timeā€¦

Several ways to skin this cat.

1st - Just look at Kirby's post game comments and you already know the answer--it's not apples to apples on who was out.

2nd - Listen to the in-game commentary. UGA has their guys, it's just their culture vs FSU who's out all their key players.

3rd - My thoughts on the whole thing:

In my TL;DR opinion, Mike Norvell's push for a championship with the 2023 team in hindsight may have been a bit premature, but given the current demand for quick results from fans, it's understandable. And realistically, I think every coach's mindset is to push for a championship each and every year, so my thoughts are most certainly in hindsight.

Norvell strategically utilized the transfer portal to bring in experienced Junior/Senior players to complement Verse and Travis, and initially, it worked well. However, the team faced the unexpected when J-Trav got injured and was eventually excluded from the College Football Invitational. (Most just bolted)

The Orange Bowl performance highlighted a crucial issue ā€“ the lack of depth behind the seasoned veterans. Unlike Norvell, Kirby Smart has been steadily developing his roster through high school recruits, creating depth across positions. This approach, reminiscent of Bobby's old teams, allows for a seamless reload even when missing key players. While I believe our starters could compete with Georgia, the disparity in depth became evident, and our backups struggled against their well-rounded and very talented roster.

Norvell is still in the process of building the program, having been at the helm for realistically only three seasons (2020 is a wash IMO). Breaking into the top-10 in recruiting this year is a positive step, but developing depth takes time. The reliance on transfer portal additions backfired when those players opted out, leaving the team with inexperienced freshmen who lacked playing time and physical development.

Comparatively, coaches like Nick Saban and Kirby Smart have established sustainable programs, similar to Bobby in the '90s. Norvell attempted to compete at that level with a carefully crafted team, but when the transfer portal players departed for the NFL, it exposed the lack of depth and experience in the roster. The Orange Bowl emphasized the importance of building a team culture through high school recruits (maybe this is what Dabo is talking about since he avoids excessive reliance on the transfer portal).

Maybe there's a valuable lesson for Norvell ā€“ the need to build a lasting foundation through the high school ranks and selectively use the portal to address specific gaps, rather than constructing an entire roster from it.
Was it 60 pointā€™s worth? That the only question. Should you have ever been beaten that badly by anyone being the supposed #5 team?

Reactions: mcanes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT