ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so now that the nonsense sports are out of the way, let's focus on the SEC East...

They did blow out a top 15 Northwestern team in their bowl game.
You mean a meaningless bowl game against a traditional Big 10 cupcake? Congrats on their win over a powerhouse Northwestern program.

Again their coach is on the hot seat for a reason.

Reactions: instaGATOR
That "Big 10 cupcake" beat the PAC 12 Champ.
So if UT is so good or was so "good" last year then why is their coach on the hot seat? It's because they were an average team that didn't meet expectations.

Congrats to UT for beating Northwestern. That was a great big win for Butch Jones! LOL!

every time i saw northwestern they were getting blown out but somehow kept being ranked..

Tell me who they beat last year? We beat Ole Miss. What was UTs best win last year? UGA was probably their best win. Well we beat UGA worse than they did and we also beat UT.

Who cares about how close they were to winning games? That means nothing. They lost those games. Your talking moral victories for UT. Their coach is on the hot seat for a reason.

no more treon to deal with

So if UT is so good or was so "good" last year then why is their coach on the hot seat? It's because they were an average team that didn't meet expectations.

Congrats to UT for beating Northwestern. That was a great big win for Butch Jones! LOL!

Because they have expectations, and they aren't going to sit on a coach who is not getting the job done. You get 2 or 3 years to get settled then win or GTFO. Sometimes I wish we had more of that mentality, we prefer excuses lately.

Would you prefer getting pummeled by an average Michigan team? that was such an impressive game it launched our worst 'bump' class in recent decades. If UT beats us I think they win the SECe.

Because they have expectations, and they aren't going to sit on a coach who is not getting the job done. You get 2 or 3 years to get settled then win or GTFO. Sometimes I wish we had more of that mentality, we prefer excuses lately.
Which Florida coaches are being excused?

No, but I think there are issues with him to this point that he needs to get cleaned . No one said he should be fired, but there is grounds between fired and everything he does is perfect and is immune from criticism, is there not?
I think it is fine to be critical of him. I would be a hypocrite to say otherwise, given I have had some.

I just think you and some others go over the top a bit.

I think it is fine to be critical of him. I would be a hypocrite to say otherwise, given I have had some.

I just think you and some others go over the top a bit.

I don't dislike him that much, he did a nice job last year until the F$U game but I blame those losses on an incompetent OC more than I do the HBC. I alslo think he needs to step up his recruiting of the top 25 in Fla, BIG-TIME. And I am very interested to see our offense this year. I still think ultimately we will end up under center with double TEs trying to out Bama, Bama.

I don't dislike him that much, he did a nice job last year until the F$U game but I blame those losses on an incompetent OC more than I do the HBC. I alslo think he needs to step up his recruiting of the top 25 in Fla, BIG-TIME. And I am very interested to see our offense this year. I still think ultimately we will end up under center with double TEs trying to out Bama, Bama.
How many times did we line up under center last year? I would guess less than 10%,which is why I sometimes wonder if you even watch the games.

You put it on Nuss. I put it on Grier 'Screwing the Pooch' and then TH being way out of his league as an SEC QB in the Mc-Nuss offense. The final 3 game collapse was mostly on the musclecramp's recruits.They seemed to be satisfied with the SECe title.
JMOHO's of course... ;)

How many times did we line up under center last year? I would guess less than 10%,which is why I sometimes wonder if you even watch the games.

Both of last years QBs were athletic dual-threat-ish. I suspect whole sale changes on O this year, resembling what Mac and the clown ran at Bama

There's a clown around here somewhere, but it's not Nuss.
UF was predicted to win 7 games at best, but they won 10.
BTW, Nuss has a NC Ring as an OC,,, do you? o_O

And should Bama have fired Saban for initially hiring Nuss as QB coach, and then making him the OC when McElwain moved on to ColoSt? :rolleyes:

"He is a bright coach who works hard and brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm to work each and every day. Our production and balance the last two years has been very good and he also brought a lot to the table in terms of coaching the quarterbacks. AJ McCarron had one of the best seasons and careers of any quarterback here, and that says a lot when you look at the history and tradition of that position at Alabama. We wish Doug and his family the best and appreciate all they did to help us be successful with the program at Alabama." -- Nick Saban

Sense, or senseless,,, you make the call... :cool:

Last edited:

I couldn't care less about Butch Jones' job security. You asked who Tennessee's best win was last season and I answered your question. You then mocked Northwestern in typical SEC mouth breather fashion. I just pointed out that they beat 12-2, PAC 12, and Rose Bowl Champion Stanford.

With that said, your arrogance and criticism of Butch Jones and UT does beg an interesting question. What happens if UF gets worked 35-17 in September? How could they lose to such a joke of a coach? Are you going to critical of McElwain, Collins, and Company? Of course not. We all saw this with the FSU and Michigan games last year. In October, UF was going to throttle FSU. Your defense was going to eat FSU's offense alive. It was going to be glorious. A 27-2 loss later and it's "Well, Treon" and "Our defense just got tired". Before the Michigan game UF was the more talented team and even though they were on a 2 game skid they should be ready to play with 30 days to prep. The narrative was that even if you lost it wouldn't be a big deal as long as they played well and looked competent. A 34 point loss later and suddenly all that goes out of the window.

Feel free to clown on Butch Jones and UT, but if he sucks so bad McElwain should have no problem going into Knoxville and winning. Be sure to be consistent if your guy loses to that bum. After all, he's on the hot seat for a reason.

I

Feel free to clown on Butch Jones and UT, but if he sucks so bad McElwain should have no problem going into Knoxville and winning. Be sure to be consistent if your guy loses to that bum. After all, he's on the hot seat for a reason.

Is Jimbo a better coach than Paul Johnson? Did FSU have more talent than Georgia Tech?

I expect no lucid discussion of this point.

Yes. Attempting to suggest that I'm saying that if McElwain loses to Jones then Jones is better and then asking if Paul Johnson is a better coach than Fisher, that demonstration of absurdity, is exactly Paco's problem. I'm not saying I agree that McElwain sucks if he loses to Tennessee or gets upset @Arkansas. It's one game in a 2 team sport where one team has to win and one team has to lose. Paco likes to talk trash about guys like Jones, Fisher, and Richt. My point is that all of the criticisms that he makes of those guys can easily be turned around on McElwain. I'm not saying that I agree with those criticisms. I'm just saying that the same standards apply to everyone.

McElwain was SEC Coach of the Year. How has Butch Jones done in the SEC so far?

All Butch Jones has shown at UT so far is he's blown a bunch of games and hasn't really even competed for the SEC East yet.

Back to Tennessee. It's about matchups.

We have a really good secondary, and they have a QB with issues throwing the ball. Therefore they will likely do what they did last year, which was play it close to the vest and try to win with the QB running a lot. Last year's game shouldn't have been close, but they took advantage of the newness of our staff and the learning curve of the team with the new schemes. Realizing that we were still running a lot of base and working to install the defense, they ran some trick plays which gained them big plays and big yards. With a year to get over the hump, I expect the defense to be more cohesive and react better as a group to unexpected situations, i.e., defend trick plays better.

I see the defense lining up in a lot of man and putting 8 in the box. If we can keep our discipline on the d line we can minimize the QB scramble. I really feel like we have the defense to match up and stop their O. The offense should be a push, we might not be better than last year's game, but we shouldn't be worse, so we should be able to score some. If nothing else, we can now kick field goals.

No, I feel pretty good about UT. I think we get a solid, workmanlike victory.

McElwain was SEC Coach of the Year. How has Butch Jones done in the SEC so far?

Yes and then he got throttled by an ACC and Big 10 "cupcake". McElwain has a 32-20 (.615) career record. Jones has a 71-44 (.617) career record. Spin it however you like, but there's just not much difference between the two of them at this stage of the game.

Yes and then he got throttled by an ACC and Big 10 "cupcake". McElwain has a 32-20 (.615) career record. Jones has a 71-44 (.617) career record. Spin it however you like, but there's just not much difference between the two of them at this stage of the game.
Didnt Butch Jones get to follow Brian Kelly in 2 of his other head coaching jobs? Didnt Kelly leave those programs in really good shape for Butch Jones to take over? McElwain took over one of the worst program in the country when he got the Colorado St job. Not exactly and apples to apples comparison.

That goes without saying McElwain won the SEC coach of the yesr and an SEC east already. Butch has done neither.

Both of last years QBs were athletic dual-threat-ish. I suspect whole sale changes on O this year, resembling what Mac and the clown ran at Bama
Did you watch the spring game? I'm guessing you didn't.

McElwain didn't have a dual threat QB at Colorado St either. You have no basis for your claim other than a few years at Bama as an OC, which was quite awhile ago now. As a head coach his offenses have been predominantly shotgun with 1 back.

Last edited:
Didnt Butch Jones get to follow Brian Kelly in 2 of his other head coaching jobs? Didnt Kelly leave those programs in really good shape for Butch Jones to take over? McElwain took over one of the worst program in the country when he got the Colorado St job. Not exactly and apples to apples comparison.

That goes without saying McElwain won the SEC coach of the yesr and an SEC east already. Butch has done neither.

SEC COY, BABY!!! WOO HOO. Hammer time.

Winning the East gives you street cred. It is the only objective measure we have. Hence Mac > Butch.

That said, they had us down by 13 at home with just over 4 mins. left to play last year. Anybody who thinks game 4 is in the bag, might want to re-watch the first 56 mins of last year's game before they get too confident.

Winning the East gives you street cred. It is the only objective measure we have. Hence Mac > Butch.

That said, they had us down by 13 at home with just over 4 mins. left to play last year. Anybody who thinks game 4 is in the bag, might want to re-watch the first 56 mins of last year's game before they get too confident.

If Butch wins the East this year does he get street cred?

I love your passion for bashing on Mac. I agree with you that he is a dud of a recruiter and probably is going to be dealt a lessor hand in the talent world, bc he can't put down his peanut butter sandwiches long enough to actually pick up a telephone and actually try to convince a top recruit to go to UF. But, having read up on and studied his background, it seems the only place he ran the Bama offense was at Bama. What makes you think that is what he does at UF when that has not been his history?

Because of the trash OC he picked

Butch Jones is a fraud who can recruit. He has been handed a porshe everywhere he went because Brian Kelly built those programs and Butch was gone before "his" players took over. Brian Kelly did the same thing at D2 GVSU where Chuck Martin was handed a dynasty.

Then he goes out and fires a DC who had improved ppg and ypg each year he was there. Butch is a fraud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT