ADVERTISEMENT

Official Next University of Florida Head Coach Thread

Where is this "Norvell has recruited well coming from?" Looking at his commitments Memphis doesn't have any top ranked recruits which is probably standard for them. Nonetheless, there is nothing to indicate his recruiting has taken off. UCF (Frost) crushed Memphis earlier and will do so again when they meet in AAC championship game.

Don't be such a dick.

As other have mentioned- at Memphis, he increased the level of recruiting. Period.

And when does cherry picking one game make an argument? Are we in high school again? Seriously? There are many reasons to seek many possible coaches. Crap about being a poor recruiter at Memphis or losing ONE game the entire season when the team played terribly are hardly on that list.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Dawgs have 20 womens team titles and 9 mens ncaa team titles. You have 4 mens and 8 womens titles not recognized by ncaa. We have won 9 mens titles since your last mens title. How many sec all sports titles does florida have? Directors cup standings? Your athletic program is miss st with a pulse. So again, come back when your relevant again and leave your bs at home with your cousin
This is called getting punk slapped. Or maybe, given it was administered to a butt sniffer, it is the equivalent of a smacking a rolled up newspaper across his nose.

Reactions: GatorNation79
If you can't get a really big name (Stoops, Carroll, Kelly), then you are better off with Randy Shannon than hiring another G5 head coach or "hot" coordinator. I would stick with Randy until a big fish is ready to jump on board rather than attempt another 3-4 year experiment.

BTW, James Franklin(proven SEC coach with disadvantaged program) was the coach to grab instead of giving Muschamp a 4th year.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
If you can't get a really big name (Stoops, Carroll, Kelly), then you are better off with Randy Shannon than hiring another G5 head coach or "hot" coordinator. I would stick with Randy until a big fish is ready to jump on board rather than attempt another 3-4 year experiment.

BTW, James Franklin(proven SEC coach with disadvantaged program) was the coach to grab instead of giving Muschamp a 4th year.

The year we fired Muschamp, we should have jumped on Fuente. Now look at how well the former hot coordinator turned G5 coach is doing.

Memphis actually narrowed it down to McElwain and Fuente and went with Fuente. Couple of years later it was down to Barry Odom and Mike Norvell. They went with Norvell.

Memphis making better choices compared to SEC schools.

Wished we would have went with Fuente over McElwain.

It's harder for the Frost/Norvell types of the world to recruit complete defenses. They way they are able to sign the good recruits they do is by selling them that they can play offense. Many would be DB's/LB's in the SEC, Big 10, and upper ACC schools. The good defensive players go to those P5 schools and the G6 get what they can get to field a defense.

Frost ain’t happening. Kiss that big fish goodbye.

Frost was a top DC before going offense.

Guy who tweeted this morning we were working with Mac's reps on the buyout, so take it with a grain of salt:

Darren Heitner ✔ @DarrenHeitner
Many rumors about who next UF coach will be but I’m told it’s pretty clear Mike Norvell is lead candidate
6:44 PM - Oct 28, 2017 · Davie, FL
Why not go after Gundy? Great off coach and a big personality. Seems like a good fit for Fla..

Its going to be Mullen IMO.

Coaches at a major school, history with UF and Gainesville culture and expectations.

I'd be shocked if they take someone from a smaller school.

Mullen's wife doesn't want to come back to Gainesville.

Frost also played safety in the NFL so he knows both sides of the ball well. My guess is this is Frost last year at UCF. He's going to end up at a bigger program than UCFbone way or another.

UCF has a very good team but their attendance is terrible playing in that dump they built out of tin.

Reactions: rdgtr
Personally, I don't want Chip Kelly. Would prefer Dan Mullen over him, although Mullen is down a ways on my wish list.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Do you guys get this excited every 3 years when you replace a coach? Seems like a pattern here. I could pull up all positive threads for great hires Muschamp and Butterteeth were if you'd like.

Do you guys get this excited every 3 years when you replace a coach? Seems like a pattern here. I could pull up all positive threads for great hires Muschamp and Butterteeth were if you'd like.
Says the guy whose school had a 10 year run with Ray Goof and Jim Donnan

The way it is going I find it highly doubtful Frost will be at UCF next year. If he was to get an offer from UF and Nebraska there is no way he turns down both those jobs to stay at UCF.

I don't believe Kelly nor Mullen are being considered at this time. They are further down the pecking order.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Some places are also saying that Kelly and Mullen are not under consideration.
Or Frost. Good luck, yall will find a coach but your program is a dumpster fire. IF you make a good hire it will be years before uf matters again.

The way it is going I find it highly doubtful Frost will be at UCF next year. If he was to get an offer from UF and Nebraska there is no way he turns down both those jobs to stay at UCF.

I don't believe Kelly nor Mullen are being considered at this time. They are further down the pecking order.
Although Frost is doing well at UCF I would be hesitant to take him with only one year of HC experience. It would be a gamble.

Mullen is the better choice imo. He has done more with less than any coach except maybe the guy at Duke.

What about Jeff Brohm? He has an offensive mind. Worked under Petrino. Had success at WKU and is doing better than expected at Purdue. 3-5 with some tough losses.

Or Frost. Good luck, yall will find a coach but your program is a dumpster fire. IF you make a good hire it will be years before uf matters again.

The clueless leghumper fans have always known about great coaching.
facebook-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif

And that's why they've been OWNED by the Gators since aw-shucks sand-baggin' Vince departed....

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

So Gator fans will always have the same opinions when it comes to what spews outta the nuttlickers mouths...

puke-smiley-emoticon.gif

PS

You do know that what you call the Gator's 'dumpster fire,' has run your constantly over-rated mutts back under the porch in 2 of the last 3 years don't you??? :rolleyes:

You either have it or you don't. Urban only had 3.5 years of experience when he got here. 2 years for Frost isn't a concern because he rebuilt a program. It would be more concerning if he inherited a good program and maintained the status quo because then you wouldn't be able to tell what if any effect he was having on the program. UCF was 0-12 and had both their offense AND defense ranked worse than 100th in the country. That's a crazy turnaround.

You either have it or you don't. Urban only had 3.5 years of experience when he got here. 2 years for Frost isn't a concern because he rebuilt a program. It would be more concerning if he inherited a good program and maintained the status quo because then you wouldn't be able to tell what if any effect he was having on the program. UCF was 0-12 and had both their offense AND defense ranked worse than 100th in the country. That's a crazy turnaround.
He's crazy good too.

Nearly all big programs replacing fired coaches are a "dumpster fire".

Penn State when both of the last two were hired
USC after Kiff and Sark
Miami before Richt
Ohio State after Sweater Vests scandal
Auburn after Chizik
Texas every time.
Hell Bama after Shula

So on and so fourth.

Just sell your lizard souls and hire Petrino already.

You want to win don't you?

He'd never 'fit in' at UF, that's just how it is.

Besides, we wouldn't want to hire away the next solid criminole, that might be Jimblows replacement in tallycrappy... o_O

If we're 2-5 by this time next year, we'll take him. We'll even start a GoFundMe to pay for condo for his girlfriends. Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven.

tumblr_mo26htKU8K1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

Of course, that won't happen because we don't have $35-40 million to pay Jimbo's ransom. We are so broke that we cannot afford to even sell our souls.

After research for the past week I will say Scott Frost is the guy Florida needs to go after because he builds programs and everything he does makes sense!!!! If Florida wants a long term Coach then Frost is my choice…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT