ADVERTISEMENT

Official Next University of Florida Head Coach Thread

Funny you say Austin Peay, I just read an article saying that their coach Will Healy may be the brightest young coaching star out there that nobody knows about, only like 32 years old, but has worked miracles so far with POS Austin Peay program. So, don't let this concern you about Frost as much as you first thought.
If I were looking, he would be my first hire. His team last night played like their hair was on fire.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
He may not want to go to UF...but he ain't staying at CF forever...just wait and see.

You will figure it out why one day.
He will not be a Bobby Bowden. 2-3 years I think. He will see his first class graduate would be my guess, but only two people know. Good luck to him, he is a class act.

Last edited:
He will not be a Bobby Bowden. 2-3 years I think. He will see his first class graduate would be my guess, bit no one knows. Good luck to him, he is a class act.
Possibly so. He knows his future is bright. He will have his pick of jobs.

Reminds me of Jim Harbaugh for some reason.

All sadgator knows is, we gotta break out of this offensive slump...

The more he reads, the more appealing Norvell looks. Can’t imagine him not going balls out to jump start production.

Frost would be fine too, but Norvell seems like the least risky from that perspective.

Some think Norvell could be risky because he took over with a real good QB already there even though he wasn't starting yet and a team that was already clicking on offense. Not my opinion just what a few have said.

Last edited:
Maybe.

Although he added Taylor, Pollard, Dykes, Pop and more to enhance the offense. Yes, Ferguson and Miller were already there.

Why would Frost leave with every player coming back more on the way and no pressure? He’ll have a top 10 team next season at UCF. He will leave, but not yet. That’s not happening*

Lol. Yeah why would he leave a group of 5 school for a top 10 job

Some think Norvell could be risky because he took over with a real good QB already there even though he wasn't starting yet and a team that was already clicking on offense. Not my opinion just what a few have said.
. For some reason,
sadgator likes the idea of a lean, fit, “Mike and Mike” coaching staff...

M0016214051--546373.JPG

636260036579716439-USP-NCAA-BASKETBALL-NCAA-TOURNAMENT-EAST-REGIONAL-89788350.JPG

Perhaps a little gay, but that’s ok.

They better get the next hire right big time. We've had 6 years of mediocrity and much more and it will be real hard to get the program back to where it should be.

There are

If you going to bring up assistant coaches, I would look at Jeremy Pruitt.

Comes from the Saban coaching tree.Was successful as the defensive coordinator at both FSU and Georgia. Also known as great recruiter

He's all football, all coach and focus and intensity and all that, but he's a social/executive liability that needs to be closely monitored if not managed. Good/great AC's, even good/great Coordinators don't always make good HC's. Several other outstanding options on your board for sure.

So the way this works is that we will likely not know who the new coach is until after the season?

Guy who tweeted this morning we were working with Mac's reps on the buyout, so take it with a grain of salt:

Darren Heitner ✔ @DarrenHeitner
Many rumors about who next UF coach will be but I’m told it’s pretty clear Mike Norvell is lead candidate
6:44 PM - Oct 28, 2017 · Davie, FL
Why not make a push for James Franklin at PS?

Reactions: jor22
Its going to be Mullen IMO.

Coaches at a major school, history with UF and Gainesville culture and expectations.

I'd be shocked if they take someone from a smaller school.

Coaches at a major school, history with UF and Gainesville culture and expectations.

Definitely not the first choice.

And it’s incredibly rare for a coach to jump from one sec school to another.

Only one I can think of his when Tuberville did it from Ole Miss to Auburn 20 years ago.

UF may have to throw out maybe $15 mil a year for 5 yrs with an additional $20 mil buy out to get anyone to take over the current dumpster fire in Gainesville. This should be entertaining. Out before the first one of you predict a NC in 2018 once the new guy is named.

UF may have to throw out maybe $15 mil a year for 5 yrs with an additional $20 mil buy out to get anyone to take over the current dumpster fire in Gainesville. This should be entertaining. Out before the first one of you predict a NC in 2018 once the new guy is named.
How much are you guys still paying Richt?

You’re an idiot.

Obviously you think all fan bases are as ignorant as yours.

No actual fan is going to predict a national title next year.

Reactions: g8r4ever
. For some reason,
sadgator likes the idea of a lean, fit, “Mike and Mike” coaching staff...

M0016214051--546373.JPG

636260036579716439-USP-NCAA-BASKETBALL-NCAA-TOURNAMENT-EAST-REGIONAL-89788350.JPG

Perhaps a little gay, but that’s ok.

I think you are on to something. The vast majority of modern coaches who are considered championship caliber are fit. Most look like they could still play. I think it’s hard to be a leader that demands excellence and be a slob. It’s contradictory.

Reactions: sadgator and oozie7
There are

If you going to bring up assistant coaches, I would look at Jeremy Pruitt.

Comes from the Saban coaching tree.Was successful as the defensive coordinator at both FSU and Georgia. Also known as great recruiter
He's a good coach, but a total jerk as a person. No PR skills, and everything is all about him. Trust me, you guys don't want him. Plenty of better options for Florida than Jeremy Pruitt.

I really hope this is a troll. I'd rather keep "Ole Yellar" than hire that smug SOB. He runs Urban Meyer's offense and I've seen enough of that shit and dive plays to last a while longer.............unless Tebow has a kid who is a senior in high school and ready to enroll in January. :mad:

I really hope this is a troll. I'd rather keep "Ole Yellar" than hire that smug SOB. He runs Urban Meyer's offense and I've seen enough of that shit and dive plays to last a while longer.............unless Tebow has a kid who is a senior in high school and ready to enroll in January. :mad:
I guess you haven’t seen his offense lately. Catch a replay of MSU smashing Texas A&M last night. It’s fun to watch. And Urban is slinging it all over the field at OSU now too.

Times change. Hard to blame them for playing that style with the talent they had at Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT