ADVERTISEMENT

Official Next University of Florida Head Coach Thread

FWIW the toothless fan is clearly trolling.

Still bite in occasion but as the lameness increased, it is clear it is another Joja fan wanting more security and praise for their one game win streak. They may never lose again. Which we here any time they beat Florida, which has been quite rare the last generation.

Necks.

Yep! I pray w. ther it's Frost or Norvell or Chip or Mullen they move Toney to QB and give him a real chance to develop. Our run game would be lethal and then we'd have Corral waiting in the wings. Would make for a real nice run of QB play over the next few years.
Yes!! I was hopeful shannon would give Toney a shot at qb

Reactions: EvilWayz
Regardless whether Frost comes to UF or not he's not going to be at UCF much longer. He's going to end up somewhere where he can win big.

Reactions: footnfan1
Regardless whether Frost comes to UF or not he's not going to be at UCF much longer. He's going to end up somewhere where he can win big.
7-0 is not winning big? I get your meaning.

He wins out, he changes the landscape for recruiting in the state.

7-0 is not winning big?
Seriously? Look junior, the world isn’t a fair place. Never will be. With the money involved in college football power conferences these days the odds are against a program like UCF reaching the top. It’s fine that you pull for them, no shame in that. But be realistic. Winning big means winning a p5 confrerence and playing in the playoff for the NC. Being 7-0 at UCF is literally being the tallest midget.

Seriously? Look junior, the world isn’t a fair place. Never will be. With the money involved in college football power conferences these days the odds are against a program like UCF reaching the top. It’s fine that you pull for them, no shame in that. But be realistic. Winning big means winning a p5 confrerence and playing in the playoff for the NC. Being 7-0 at UCF is literally being the tallest midget.
Not your Junior. I didn't go to UCF, but I am a fan. I'll just say this, As for me, Go Bears, not Baylor, the smart ones.

Money drives many, not everyone. UF just flushed another Head Ball Coach. You made this bed, live in it,

Last edited:
Well then stop dreaming like a child. If Frost wants a realistic chance to reach the top of his profession then he’s gone. Period.

This isnt 1974 and he’s not Bobby Bowden. The days of a coach building a program to the top are over.

So unless UCF is in super secret negotiations to move to the big12 or sec at the end of the year. He gone.....

Well then stop dreaming like a child. If Frost wants a realistic chance to reach the top of his profession then he’s gone. Period.

This isnt 1974 and he’s not Bobby Bowden. The days of a coach building a program to the top are over.

So unless UCF is in super secret negotiations to move to the big12 or sec at the end of the year. He gone.....
And if you don't get him, you will have been beaten by little ole UCF.

Focus on beating UAB, I bought a Gator fan co worker tickets and told her, you have to win this game. She is not so sure.

Last edited:
Wile Florida is a step up, and one of the elite programs, I am also not jumping in the insult train aimed at schools like UCF or Memphis. It is classless.

Of course, Florida and USC etc...are more traditional and historic and higher profile etc...but tallest midget is simply unnecessary. The tradition point is there without the unnecessary bashing, especially if a school like UCF that has been better then many P5 schools for quite some time.

In fact, I would not leave a UCF or Memphis today for a Mississippi or Iowa. Only for a Florida or Michigan.

Wile Florida is a step up, and one of the elite programs, I am also not jumping in the insult train aimed at schools like UCF or Memphis. It is classless.

Of course, Florida and USC etc...are more traditional and historic and higher profile etc...but tallest midget is simply unnecessary. The tradition point is there without the unnecessary bashing, especially if a school like UCF that has been better then many P5 schools for quite some time.

In fact, I would not leave a UCF or Memphis today for a Mississippi or Iowa. Only for a Florida or Michigan.
UF is elite, as is "most"of the SEC. If Scott leaves for UF, good luck to him and good luck UF. He is a great Coach,and a better person.

Scott's signed helmets, this year. All game worn.

Oh the irony of this post.

Yankee's of the SEC talking about who doesn't like who. Look at you odd balls. You have no true rivalry in the SEC. Your one and only rival is Louisville, which is an Ohio South college. I mean your annual west opponent is MSU out of default. Tennessee is about the closest rivalry but they don't care about y'all. I mean y'all like beat them twice a decade at best. They care more about Bama, UF, UGA, and even Vanderbilt over UK.

- While most SEC schools pull for southern professional teams such as the Titans, Bucs, Falcons, Phins, Jags, Saints, and Cowboys...Braves, Cardinals, Rays, and such...you dolts are fans of Ohio teams like the Bengals, Browns, Reds, and Cavs. Lame Ohio wannabes is what Kenucks are.

- I mean your only sport to be worth a damn at is basketball. Florida has had it's share of wins vs UK the past few decades, unlike your football where it's been 30 plus years since you've experienced a win vs UF. I mean damn y'all are a cheap version of an athletic program compared to yankee ass Indiana.

- Bourbon and Horses...and an off colored grass is all the state has to brag about. Frickin rednecks on the westside and hillbillies on the Eastside. Who the frick calls their area a Commonwealth?

Bunch of Big 10 rejects that somehow occupy the SEC.

You're only famous football coach is famous for winning at Bama and A&M...not UK.

Do you realize that like the past 20 plus years the most penalized football team in the SEC is UF...but somehow the refs chose to cheat for UF when they play UK? Sure.

You had fans on here claiming that the biggest win in the history of the program was a win over #1 ranked LSU. What success was built off of that? An occasional Music City Bowl visit?

You fools hired a jokster of a coach named Joker as your head coach. Joker was a position coach at UF.

The runt of the Stoops family is the best you guys can do. This is his one magical season and still couldn't pull off a home win vs one of UF's worse offenses.

Yeah, the consistent SEC all sports Champs of the SEC doesn't belong but the one sport Poor Man's Ohio South team belongs in the SEC right? Damn Indiana would serve better than Kentucky.
Those are fighting words prick... Congrats on getting whopped by worse SEC team today. Fuc*in chump

What about Brian Schottenheimer? I know he was the puppies OC in 2015, but has been a OC in the NFL and I think now is the QB coach for the Colts. He has the pedigree and transferred to UF just to learn under the Ole’ Ball Coach.

7-0 is not winning big? I get your meaning.

He wins out, he changes the landscape for recruiting in the state.

I'm not trashing UCF, I live in the Orlando area and I follow the program closely. I'm just saying there is a glass ceiling at UCF unless they could somehow get into a Power Five conference. You need to look no further than the current BCS standings for proof, they are still mired in 18th, with 7 or 8 2 loss teams ranked in front of them.

Any new coach is a roll of the dice, young or old.
However, SOS seems to like Frost... ;)

I
I'm not trashing UCF, I live in the Orlando area and I follow the program closely. I'm just saying there is a glass ceiling at UCF unless they could somehow get into a Power Five conference. You need to look no further than the current BCS standings for proof, they are still mired in 18th, with 7 or 8 2 loss teams ranked in front of them.
I understand. Interesting article published today, not that UCF is top 10, but that other teams should not be ahead of UCF.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...30/ucf-football-2017-college-football-playoff

Last edited:
You're response was right along the lines of what I was going to type.

I live in the Memphis area and follow them closely. Teams like Memphis, Houston, USF, UCF, etc can only go so far unless the stars and planets align perfectly. Not only do they have to win big every game they have to have multiple teams lose... usually 3 times. I knew Fuente wouldn't be at Memphis long and I don't think Norvell will be there long term either. It's just the nature of the beast.

Reactions: PacoGator19
You're response was right along the lines of what I was going to type.

I live in the Memphis area and follow them closely. Teams like Memphis, Houston, USF, UCF, etc can only go so far unless the stars and planets align perfectly. Not only do they have to win big every game they have to have multiple teams lose... usually 3 times. I knew Fuente wouldn't be at Memphis long and I don't think Norvell will be there long term either. It's just the nature of the beast.

Example, if Auburn beats UGA and Bama plus beats UGA again, Auburn could make a push towards the playoffs and UCF is on the outside looking in.

Was reading a thread on Warchant about “why is Dabo Swinneys name never thrown around the way Jimbo’s is” for openings.

Which has me curious. Let’s say Dabo was available for whatever reason (hypothetical of course)... would you want him as next coach of the gators?

I wonder if UCF may have an influence on Frost's decision.

When Mac left UF, I believe part of the deal included a stipulation that he cannot take a job at FSU or any SEC school. I know UF and UCF aren't really "rivals," but I can see UCF preferring the optics of having him take a job in far away Nebraska instead of him taking a job at a "big brother" school, located in the same area, which would reinforce the idea that UCF is sort of a "minor league" Florida program.

When Mac left UF, I believe part of the deal included a stipulation that he cannot take a job at FSU or any SEC school.
If that’s true, the dude who negotiated that provision should be fired immediately. The deal with Mac should require that he take a position at FSU or another SEC school.

Was reading a thread on Warchant about “why is Dabo Swinneys name never thrown around the way Jimbo’s is” for openings.

Which has me curious. Let’s say Dabo was available for whatever reason (hypothetical of course)... would you want him as next coach of the gators?
I would drive the moving truck to Dabo’s house.

The only person “throwing around” Jimbo’s name is Jimbo’s agent. And FSU falls for that crap every time. That’s how he has that ridiculous contract and you guys are stuck with a $40 million buyout.

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT