ADVERTISEMENT

Official Next University of Florida Head Coach Thread

I would drive the moving truck to Dabo’s house.

The only person “throwing around” Jimbo’s name is Jimbo’s agent. And FSU falls for that crap every time. That’s how he has that ridiculous contract and you guys are stuck with a $40 million buyout.
True words

Dabo would have to have all his assistants or it would be awful, venables and his offensive coaches are a must for his success..

The Buckeye comments on urban are so similar after each loss getting worse it's eery

"This feels like how it went for Urb at UF....only without all the arrests. Hot start early on but when the program truly is all his (no more recruits from the past coach) things fall off the rails. If this charmin soft team that showed up in iowa appears next week vs sparty...watch the hell out. Will get ugly. Quick."

They might have. But look who ended up taking it. Alleva is horrible. We both know they could do much bettter than Orgeron or Jimbo

i

Reactions: bradleygator
Well Jimmy Buffet will counter it.

Think Jimmy loses that one, even though he’s a great genius. Let me sit around in the tropics drinking and playing the guitar and write some songs about it and sell them to 9 to 5ers for about half a billion.

SOS chimed in

“Scott Stricklin, our AD, he’s well-connected around the country, and I believe we’ll have an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks. … The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably – I would almost 100 percent say – is coaching his team today, this weekend and through the end of the season and maybe through the bowl game.”

SOS chimed in

“Scott Stricklin, our AD, he’s well-connected around the country, and I believe we’ll have an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks. … The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably – I would almost 100 percent say – is coaching his team today, this weekend and through the end of the season and maybe through the bowl game.”

Would Spurrier purposely deflect if he thought Kelly might be the one?

One thing I’ve notice are these so called ESPN and RIVALS player star rankings… I don’t care if they are a 2 star or 5 star they must be able to be Coached up…I’d rather have a 3 star player who can be coached up on my team than a 5 star player who can’t be coached up anytime of the day…

I think there is a bad rankings system that has been going on because for the past 7 years at least I’ve seen a lot of high ranked players get recruited by Florida but they cannot be Coached that well… Florida has to get a good HC who can bring in people who knows what to look for when recruiting these players…That is my number one thing I would look for…

Reactions: instaGATOR
One thing I’ve notice are these so called ESPN and RIVALS player star rankings… I don’t care if they are a 2 star or 5 star they must be able to be Coached up…I’d rather have a 3 star player who can be coached up on my team than a 5 star player who can’t be coached up anytime of the day…

I think there is a bad rankings system that has been going on because for the past 7 years at least I’ve seen a lot of high ranked players get recruited by Florida but they cannot be Coached that well… Florida has to get a good HC who can bring in people who knows what to look for when recruiting these players…That is my number one thing I would look for…

Things for the new Gator HC to do in 2018:
~ Get an SOS type clause in his contract, to get the $nake $nyder types OUT of his 'team' decisions. o_O

~ Get rid of the few scum-thug types, while keeping the good guys on the roster and on the commits list.
~ Take control of the team, getting rid of the 'player buddy-buddy system' on who starts and/or contributes during games.
~ Then identify the best players at every position and get them on the field for 2018.

What's really caused the current shambles is the internal BS politics, both inside the team and around the outside of the team. It's not the over all roster talent level... JMOHO's as always. :cool:

Note: The Gator's are ate up with the 50/50 type of players. :confused: They will look great on one play, and then totally chit their pants on the next play. Consistency is a common problem in all three phases of the game. :oops:

And on the defense/ST's, wrap up tackling has been an ongoing problem for at least the last 2 seasons.
Being in the correct place or gap doesn't help much, if you can't make the tackle... :mad:

Things for the new Gator HC to do in 2018:
~ Get an SOS type clause in his contract, to get the $nake $nyder types OUT of his 'team' decisions. o_O

~ Get rid of the few scum-thug types, while keeping the good guys on the roster and on the commits list.
~ Take control of the team, getting rid of the 'player buddy-buddy system' on who starts and/or contributes during games.
~ Then identify the best players at every position and get them on the field for 2018.

What's really caused the current shambles is the internal BS politics, both inside the team and around the outside of the team. It's not the over all roster talent level... JMOHO's as always. :cool:

Note: The Gator's are ate up with the 50/50 type of players. :confused: They will look great on one play, and then totally chit their pants on the next play. Consistency is a common problem in all three phases of the game. :oops:

And on the defense/ST's, wrap up tackling has been an ongoing problem for at least the last 2 seasons.
Being in the correct place or gap doesn't help much, if you can't make the tackle... :mad:

Just looking over the roster and Florida has 25-28 South Florida players… Whenever I say South Florida I’m talking every county. SOUTH of Palm Beach not including Palm Beach… Change this and spread these numbers to elsewhere most of the problems are fixed, I can guarantee it!!! Sorry but feel they have too many of them from South Florida on this team that are nothing but problem child and can’t play worth of crap…Has anybody ever take a look at the 10 that got into trouble and see where they are from? The majority from South Florida, and like insta said they are thug types or I call them wannabees!!!!!!

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Just looking over the roster and Florida has 25-28 South Florida players… Whenever I say South Florida I’m talking every county. SOUTH of Palm Beach not including Palm Beach… Change this and spread these numbers to elsewhere most of the problems are fixed, I can guarantee it!!! Sorry but feel they have too many of them from South Florida on this team that are nothing but problem child and can’t play worth of crap…Has anybody ever take a look at the 10 that got into trouble and see where they are from? The majority from South Florida, and like insta said they are thug types or I call them wannabees!!!!!!
They are all Randy Shannon 3* specials that other top programs wouldn't take for free.

Getting good players is necessary but not sufficient. You have to know what to do with them and you have to set a tone in your program that everybody is there for business not foolishness. But Mac fell short on just getting the players. Mac’s classes, although ranked nationally in the 10-20 range, were average to below average in the SEC. After 3 years of them, we are an average to below average SEC program. Combine that with the fact that Mac was a total pushover and did not demand discipline or attention to detail, and the result is the current dumpster fire currently befouling Gainesville.

This is silly. The city of Miami produces more NFL talent than any city in the entire country. Every top school in the country recruits there yet you want us to not recruit there because why? How a player acts once on campus has nothing to do with what city they come from. I wonder about some of y'all sometimes.

This is silly. The city of Miami produces more NFL talent than any city in the entire country. Every top school in the country recruits there yet you want us to not recruit there because why? How a player acts once on campus has nothing to do with what city they come from. I wonder about some of y'all sometimes.

Hardee wants us to run the I-Formation and recruit running backs.

No joke.

He said so.

Like he missed the last 8 years of football.

“Because Saban does it”

Which isn’t even true.

Hardee wants us to run the I-Formation and recruit running backs.

No joke.

He said so.

Like he missed the last 8 years of football.

“Because Saban does it”

Which isn’t even true.

Hardee means well and we agree on a lot but I'm always shaking my head at some of his posts LMAO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT