ADVERTISEMENT

Gators practice

Van Jefferson drops a deep ball after beating Edwards. Franks should have thrown to Swain on the corner, who shook the DB to the grass and was wide open.

Franks low on a bullet on a crossing route, receiver bails him out with a good sliding catch.

Defense blows coverage on a corner, Franks not a great pass but gets it there for Raymond.

Gamble drops a pass. Wells wide open down the sideline, Jones 10 yards behind him. Awful miss.

Franks has to scramble and eventually throws downfield into coverage. Should have just tucked it. Nice coverage there.

Emory way high on a curl for Stephens, but a very good catch.

Trask hits Green wide open down the middle, nobody within 20 yards.

Clayton with a sack on Jones. He’s playing rush end. Short run for Jones. Clayton and Langham bully the pocket for a sack. McCoy blown up there. Another sack, this time Shuler. This line is atrocious. Gourauge, McDowell, McCoy, Moore and Delance.

Jones overthrows a well-covered out. James Houston absolutely buried Lemons in the hole. Missile. Emory on a keeper stuffed. Not much getting done behind this third-team line.

Emory too high for Swain on a seam route. Pierce with an OK run off the left side. Hevesy again ripping O-line for tempo.

Last edited:
Van Jefferson drops a deep ball after beating Edwards. Franks should have thrown to Swain on the corner, who shook the DB to the grass and was wide open.

Franks low on a bullet on a crossing route, receiver bails him out with a good sliding catch.

Defense blows coverage on a corner, Franks not a great pass but gets it there for Raymond.

Gamble drops a pass. Wells wide open down the sideline, Jones 10 yards behind him. Awful miss.

Franks has to scramble and eventually throws downfield into coverage. Should have just tucked it. Nice coverage there.

Emory way high on a curl for Stephens, but a very good catch.

Trask hits Green wide open down the middle, nobody within 20 yards.

Clayton with a sack on Jones. He’s playing rush end. Short run for Jones. Clayton and Langham bully the pocket for a sack. McCoy blown up there. Another sack, this time Shuler. This line is atrocious. Gourauge, McDowell, McCoy, Moore and Delance.

Jones overthrows a well-covered out. James Houston absolutely buried Lemons in the hole. Missile. Emory on a keeper stuffed. Not much getting done behind this third-team line.

Emory too high for Swain on a seam route. Pierce with an OK run off the left side. Hevesy again ripping O-line for tempo.

Practice reports from the realists. Sunshine pumpers will be along soon to point out the good stuff that wasn't reported.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Practice reports from the realists. Sunshine pumpers will be along soon to point out the good stuff that wasn't reported.

Its practice - not a stressful game - only the bad stuff really means anything. We saw this same crap while being told Driskel was ready for his breakout season those years.

The bad stuff doesn't mean much either. It's practice, not a stressful game.

If you are screwing up in that environment a lot its not a good sign. There are a few players that seem to buck that trend but many will have that amplified in big game situations. Look at our Michigan game last season.

I tried to tell people that based on Franks bad stuff in practice last season he might get destroyed that game despite the sunshine pumping about him and the O line.

If the offense is ahead of the defense at the start of Fall camp, you've got serious issues.

Looks like Mullen has got the team right where they should be. Good to hear.

Yep our QBs are ready to kick butt just like we were told in 2017 after Mac let them feast on walk on DBs with starting receivers in the spring game.

If you are screwing up in that environment a lot its not a good sign.

Is this your first time following a Fall camp? The defense is always ahead of the offense.

Every Spring and Fall we have nervous nellie Bama fans worried to death because the defense is dominating the offense in the first week. Then over the camp, the offense gradually improves.

It's this way for most teams. As I told sad, if you start Fall camp and the offense is scorching the defense, THEN you can worry. Sounds like Florida is right where they should be.

Yep our QBs are ready to kick butt just like we were told in 2017 after Mac let them feast on walk on DBs with starting receivers in the spring game.

QBs are dealing with a new coach, a new OC and new terminology. Did you really think they were going to start Fall camp looking like anything other than trash?

FYI, smart coaches put their QBs in situations in practice where they struggle. The POINT is to make them look like sh*t. They are supposed to be frustrated, because the coach wants to see how they react when they are under pressure.

If the offense was running up and down the field then you'd know you had a bad defense, and an OC that doesn't know how to manage his QBs. This isn't Mullen's first rodeo.

Is this your first time following a Fall camp? The defense is always ahead of the offense.

Every Spring and Fall we have nervous nellie Bama fans worried to death because the defense is dominating the offense in the first week. Then over the camp, the offense gradually improves.

It's this way for most teams. As I told sad, if you start Fall camp and the offense is scorching the defense, THEN you can worry. Sounds like Florida is right where they should be.

Its never a good sign when the offense looks like the bad news bears in practice a good portion of the time. We are talking the very basics here.

Yep its this crap again. We are screwed at QB once again apparently. Against good defenses anyway.

Its never a good sign when the offense looks like the bad news bears in practice a good portion of the time. We are talking the very basics here.

Again, happens at every camp Bama has ever had. Nervous fans wring their hands.

First scrimmage, defense owns. Offense looks like crap.

Second scrimmage, offense makes some plays, defense gives up some plays. Better day for the offense.

Third scrimmage, some good and some bad on both sides of the ball.

That's pretty much the script for every Bama camp under Saban. I suspect we'll see similar for Florida.

Again, happens at every camp Bama has ever had. Nervous fans wring their hands.

First scrimmage, defense owns. Offense looks like crap.

Second scrimmage, offense makes some plays, defense gives up some plays. Better day for the offense.

Third scrimmage, some good and some bad on both sides of the ball.

That's pretty much the script for every Bama camp under Saban. I suspect we'll see similar for Florida.

There is a difference between early timing issues etc. and flat out having bad news bears looking stuff happening over and over.

Fever is going to be sucking lemons when one (or more) of our qb’s starts putting up quality numbers this season. It is going to be fun to bring this back up and point out how good they are doing (and how incorrect Fever is) as we move along.

There is a difference between early timing issues etc. and flat out having bad news bears looking stuff happening over and over.

Happens every year at Bama, somehow we do ok.

If you TRULY want to obsess over practice, then watch the final scrimmage. That's really the only practice session that's worth watching in Fall camp. For Spring, watch the 2nd one as the 3rd is typically the Fan Day event and a lot more laid back.

Sunshine pumpers and bad news bears.

Man Fever really loves his catch phrases.
a32c95a123217966c8112c1b90d09796.jpg

Reactions: _VolFan4675
Happens every year at Bama, somehow we do ok.

If you TRULY want to obsess over practice, then watch the final scrimmage. That's really the only practice session that's worth watching in Fall camp. For Spring, watch the 2nd one as the 3rd is typically the Fan Day event and a lot more laid back.

Yep Bama and UF are in the same place right now on offense. I think you probably just think its funny the struggles we are having now. Keep pumping the sunshine about our situation.

I was told that Franks had one of his best practices today he has ever had since being at UF. Whether that translates to the games I guess time will tell. Malik Davis appears to be returning from his injury pretty well. I think a healthy Malik Davis is actually the best RB on the team. Pitts is a kid to watch at TE. Just a freshmen but ultra talented.

I was told that Franks had one of his best practices today he has ever had since being at UF. Whether that translates to the games I guess time will tell. Malik Davis appears to be returning from his injury pretty well. I think a healthy Malik Davis is actually the best RB on the team. Pitts is a kid to watch at TE. Just a freshmen but ultra talented.

Who told you that - the same guys that have been telling us that the last few years about the QBs? I do agree Davis is the real deal and is actually quite a bit better than Scarlett if he is 100% but that injury usually takes a lot of time to actually be 100% again. RB I am not worried about much but with Fred Johnson still apparently a starter and our QB situation I have serious doubts about a huge turnaround on offense.

Heggie will probably not be starting possibly the first couple of games also.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reactions: _VolFan4675
Yep its this crap again. We are screwed at QB once again apparently. Against good defenses anyway.

That all might be true but it’s the first scrimmage. Defense always whoops up on offense at this point because there’s less moving parts. Give you an example...we used to have exactly 4 fronts and 6 different coverage calls. That’s it. We’d disguise them differently but that’s all.

You can’t do that with offense because of all the moving parts. Everybody can do their job and on lineman misses his assignment and it’s a 5 yard loss. Or a receiver runs his route one yard deep on an out and it’s an underthrow. All that takes time and lots of reps. Throw in the fact that the strength of our defense (d-line) is going up against our offenses weak link (o-line) and none of this is surprising for the FIRST scrimmage. Cot damn my dude.

Yep Bama and UF are in the same place right now on offense. I think you probably just think its funny the struggles we are having now. Keep pumping the sunshine about our situation.

SEC Network is running a show called Training Days right now, it covers the start of Bama's Fall camp.

At the end of the first practice, Saban calls together the entire team and talks to them about the mistakes they made today. He said that the practice was DESIGNED TO MAKE YOU FAIL. And that the point was that once you reach the point where you start to make mistakes, where fatigue sets in and you lose focus, that mistakes happen.

Again, he said they designed the practice so every player WOULD FAIL. They then work on every practice making sure they fail at a LATER point in the practice.

This is why I always laugh at nervous nellie fans worried about players making mistakes in practice. I can promise you, if the players aren't making mistakes in practice, then the COACHES made a mistake.

SEC Network is running a show called Training Days right now, it covers the start of Bama's Fall camp.

At the end of the first practice, Saban calls together the entire team and talks to them about the mistakes they made today. He said that the practice was DESIGNED TO MAKE YOU FAIL. And that the point was that once you reach the point where you start to make mistakes, where fatigue sets in and you lose focus, that mistakes happen.

Again, he said they designed the practice so every player WOULD FAIL. They then work on every practice making sure they fail at a LATER point in the practice.

This is why I always laugh at nervous nellie fans worried about players making mistakes in practice. I can promise you, if the players aren't making mistakes in practice, then the COACHES made a mistake.

I think Mullen must be designing ours then to trick Franks into throwing the ball into the ground with open receivers.

Reactions: nail1988
I think Mullen must be designing ours then to trick Franks into throwing the ball into the ground with open receivers.

If Franks was completing all his passes then Mullen is chewing out the DB coach.

Everyone is making mistakes the first week of practice. I know this is your agenda and you've got your heels dug in, but this is perfectly normal for the first week of Fall camp.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I don't know how Fever can sit around acting like the smartest guy in the room, and when anyone tells him differently, he just flat out denies that they might be right.

I don't know how Fever can sit around acting like the smartest guy in the room, and when anyone tells him differently, he just flat out denies that they might be right.

I might not be a smart man but even I can see there is going to be big issues with the offense this year. I will feel sorry for the people that get all worked up if we pull a 2014 and decimate that joke opening opponent. Gator Fever tip: Wait until the real schedule to get excited about the offense.

The offense isn't gonna be good. They've been 100+ for like 7 straight years. They have no QB that fits the system and a mediocre at best o-line. None of that is news. We know all that already. Which is why you posting that they're struggling, especially after one scrimmage, makes no sense, what are you expecting exactly? They're gonna struggle more times than not.

The offense isn't gonna be good. They've been 100+ for like 7 straight years. They have no QB that fits the system and a mediocre at best o-line. None of that is news. We know all that already. Which is why you posting that they're struggling, especially after one scrimmage, makes no sense, what are you expecting exactly? They're gonna struggle more times than not.

You would be surprised how many people think the offense is going to improve greatly this season under Mullen's direction.

Gator Fever's practices reports

Day 1.
Oh my the QB underthrew the ball.
The QB overthrew the ball.
The QB got sacked.
The QB finally had a few seconds of protection from the line and threw the ball on the money. The WR dropped the ball.
A RB fumbled once.

Summary. Our offense will be worse than it was last year.

Day 2.
QB completes pass
QB completes pass
QB completes pass and had plenty of time in the pocket
WR runs great routes and has no drops
RB did not fumble today

Summary. Oh my the defense is horrible and won't be like it was in 2015.

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT