ADVERTISEMENT

Gators practice

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Franks low to Davis on his first throw. Franks again low. Both of those throws from him would either get a guy killed by a closing safety or linebacker or stop the back from easily cutting up the sideline.

Franks misses a throw to a GA on a rep where backs are working on protection on play-action.

Toney and Gamble with drops on air. Jones skips one off the grass. Franks a little high on an in route.

Krull getting yelled at for a route.

Cleveland with a drop.

Wells drops the corner route. Hammond drops the corner. Franks wobbles a deep throw.

:(

Franks low to Davis on his first throw. Franks again low. Both of those throws from him would either get a guy killed by a closing safety or linebacker or stop the back from easily cutting up the sideline.

Franks misses a throw to a GA on a rep where backs are working on protection on play-action.

Toney and Gamble with drops on air. Jones skips one off the grass. Franks a little high on an in route.

Cleveland with a drop.

Wells drops the corner route. Hammond drops the corner. Franks wobbles a deep throw.

What happened on the other 90 reps that you didn't mention?

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Good thing they are practicing.
Cause practice makes ??? :D

But the question is,,, do any of them have any talent? :cool:

By Class:
09. WR
Dre Massey 5-9 186 4.35/40 rsSr (JuCo *****)
12. WR Van Jefferson 6-2 195 rsJr - EE Fr AA & All SEC (Ms xfer)
89. WR Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 205 Jr - UA-AA
16. WR
Freddie Swain 6-0 207 Jr - FL 5A All State
10. WR Josh Hammond 6-1 187 Jr - UA-AA
83. WR Rick Wells 6-0 202 rsSo ****
08. WR Trevon Grimes 6-4 202 So ***** - EE (tOSU xfer)
04. WR/Ath Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 So *** - Ala 6A BoY
18. WR Daquon Green 6-1 195 So - UA-AA
15. WR Jacob Copeland 6-0 192 Fr - UA-AA
?? Ath Jaylin Jackson 5-9 160 Fr** - WO (QB-dt, WR-slot, CB, KR)
(but why would iG list a 2 star W-O??? - see below) ;)

=====

By Height / Size:
08. WR
Trevon Grimes 6-5 214 So *****- EE (up from 6-4 202)
89. WR/KR Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 205 Jr - UA-AA
12. WR
Van Jefferson 6-2 195 rsJr - EE, Fr AA & All SEC (Ms xfer)
18. WR Daquon Green 6-1 195 So - UA-AA
10. WR
Josh Hammond 6-1 187 Jr - UA-AA

16. WR/PR Freddie Swain 6-0 207 Jr (5A All State)
83. WR Rick Wells 6-0 202 rsSo **** (2x suspended, thin ice)
15. WR Jacob Copeland 6-0 192 Fr - UA-AA
Slot-WR
04. WR/Ath
Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 So *** (Ala. 6A-BoY)
09. WR Dre Massey 5-9 186 rsSr (JuCo *****)

?? WR/Ath Jaylin Jackson 5-9 160 Fr ** - W-O (WR QB-dt, CB, PR)
HS 30-5 as starting QB-dt, 2x FL-2A Playoffs (Jr semi, Sr runner-up)
P - 5,621 yds, 66 TD's, R - 1,858 yds, 30 TD's = 7,479 Yds - 96 TD's :eek:
Played both ways: CB - 40 Tkls, 6 Ints. (a tough little guy) o_O

Ship Offers: UK, ColoSt, AF, Army, GaSt,,,- Also their B-Ball PG
Savage him up a bit and he could be a true Fr 'Dark Horse' candidate imo...
https://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=11182

A good read on Jefferson & Grimes:
http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/08/ufs-grimes-jefferson-reading-to-make-impact-at-receiver/

Last edited:

Cleveland with a drop.

What a chit-show :eek:

No news on instants QB Trask? o_O

Not here to pump sunshine after the last 7 years.

I posted the same practice stuff with Driskel while the sunshine articles flowed prior to 14 and Driskel followed suit on the field. Same with Franks last year.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Not here to pump sunshine after the last 7 years.

You're not being a realist either, and the funny part is you believe you are.

Sunshine pumper - Someone who is overly optimistic about their team, almost bordering on irrational. They tend to ignore any negative concerning the team, and if they address it, try to reframe it as a positive.

Realist - Someone who has no problem discussing both the good and the bad with their team.

Doom N Gloomer - Someone who is overly pessimistic about their team, almost bordering on irrational. They tend to ignore any positive concerning the team, and if they address it, try to reframe it as a negative.

Of the three, it's pretty obvious that most posters here are in the Realist camp, and it's pretty obvious you are a Doom N Gloomer.

Sunshine pumper - Someone who is overly optimistic about their team, almost bordering on irrational. They tend to ignore any negative concerning the team, and if they address it, try to reframe it as a positive.

Realist - Someone who has no problem discussing both the good and the bad with their team.

Doom N Gloomer - Someone who is overly pessimistic about their team, almost bordering on irrational. They tend to ignore any positive concerning the team, and if they address it, try to reframe it as a negative.

Of the three, it's pretty obvious that most posters here are in the Realist camp, and it's pretty obvious you are a Doom N Gloomer.

Most of us in these arguments bleed orange and blue and are sickened by where are program has gone the past 8 years and want to see the course straightened out. We may disagree on things, but only because we want the best for our school and team.

Earlier you said you are a Tide fan. Why are you here? I googled your username and no joke, a link comes up on the 1st page stating
Ghostofmatchesmalone "is the most Obsessed Loser of All Time" and someone stated Someone like Ghost obviously has some kind of psychological issue. He feeds on negative feedback. He is childish at best and seems to be heading the way of Harvey Updike.

Some of your closest friends no doubt. They know you well.

Most of us in these arguments bleed orange and blue and are sickened by where are program has gone the past 8 years and want to see the course straightened out. We may disagree on things, but only because we want the best for our school and team.

Earlier you said you are a Tide fan. Why are you here? I googled your username and no joke, a link comes up on the 1st page stating
Ghostofmatchesmalone "is the most Obsessed Loser of All Time" and someone stated Someone like Ghost obviously has some kind of psychological issue. He feeds on negative feedback. He is childish at best and seems to be heading the way of Harvey Updike.

You posted this twice. What was that you said earlier about deflecting to another topic?

You posted this twice.

Twice under two different names in 2 mins, no less!

Like I said, I've seen this act before. As you confirmed by googling me.

You may want to go check sweetie. I was in another thread when those posted, feel free to check. What's odd you are the only one in this thread at the time. You busted yourself!!!

The whole thread from the beginning was ridiculous. It’s the first day of practice and all these reports are basically from 15 mins of the beginning of practice when they let reporters watch. Cot damn. No clue what else happened at practice, no context, no nothing. It’s like y’all just want something to bitch about. Only females complain and whine this much.

What just happened? Is Obvious Lee and Homo the same person? Weird.
Hardly. Looks like MatchesMalone was trying to be clever and outsmarted himself, a real feat there, exposing one of his many aliases. Why he just doesn't go back to his original one I don't know. I think his bullschlitz caught up with him. I am glad he does volunteer work because no one is going to pay him for his analysis.

By reposting your verbatim reply to myself? Twice?

Yeah, you've clearly cracked the case, Inspector Gadget.
There were only 2 usernames in the thread at the time. I was in the other thread, feel free to check times. Which left you and Lee. How many names do you post under? I know of one other. Those fans in Mississippi have you pegged. Are they from Hattiesburg or Jackson?

Careful, you're gonna get googled too.
I googled your username because I was like wtf is that? After seeing what popped up, your reference to inspector gadget and your knowledge of football, it confirms you are a grown man with the mentality of a 10 year old. Do you still play with Barbies?

The whole thread from the beginning was ridiculous. It’s the first day of practice and all these reports are basically from 15 mins of the beginning of practice when they let reporters watch. Cot damn. No clue what else happened at practice, no context, no nothing. It’s like y’all just want something to bitch about. Only females complain and whine this much.

Those are cuts from Goldkamp on 247.

And yes, there was positive stuff he must have accidentally forgot to copy and paste.

Those are cuts from Goldkamp on 247.

And yes, there was positive stuff he must have accidentally forgot to copy and paste.

Hey just pointing out stuff that I saw. Franks crap reminds me of the Driskel stuff and Franks stuff last year I read and then the sunshine pumping articles would come out later acting like they were new QBs in practice kicking butt compared to the past. If I am surprised by the QB play this year of Franks it will be to the upside that is for sure.

Hey just pointing out stuff that I saw. Franks crap reminds me of the Driskel stuff and Franks stuff last year I read and then the sunshine pumping articles would come out later acting like they were new QBs in practice kicking butt compared to the past. If I am surprised by the QB play this year of Franks it will be to the upside that is for sure.

He was handed a crappy QB room with no one fitting his system. We have to allow him time and see if he has Emory or Jalon ready next year.

That said, he was the OC who made it work with Leak who clearly didn’t fit the offense at the time.

Reactions: bradleygator
He was handed a crappy QB room with no one fitting his system. We have to allow him time and see if he has Emory or Jalon ready next year.

That said, he was the OC who made it work with Leak who clearly didn’t fit the offense at the time.

He needed a running option to mix in though. I'm optimistic about our future, but our qb situation could definitely limit our short term success. I don't think Franks is a very good fit, and he's nowhere near as talented a passer as Leak was. Leak made plays to beat a really good Georgia team as a freshman. Franks wouldn't have thrown for a hundred yards in that game.

sadgator honestly thinks we are gonna be astonished at how good the QB’s look this year...

I actually agree with you and I don’t like any of them long-term except Jones. But because we’ll spread the field passing lanes will be less decongested and then Mullen doesn’t ask husband QB’s to make complex reads either. Assuming we can run the ball worth a damn the QB will just have to make simple dump offs to stay ahead of the chains.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT