ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else think that Franks starts the 18 season?

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Lol you're literally only here because the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

Grow up.

Reactions: passoverGator
Oh for gods sake...two designed possessions a game?

Those are meaningful snaps?

Come on.
No, look at his career stats and at this point who gives AF about his HS stats, he balled out his first spring and looks like the beast QB this spring SO FAR, that could change

No, look at his career stats and at this point who gives AF about his HS stats, he balled out his first spring and looks like the beast QB this spring SO FAR, that could change

Meh you and I are splitting hairs.

I've said before that I think he's the best option until (hopefully) Emory is ready to go.

He doesn't have the in game experience like most guys coming out of high school, surely you can't argue with that?

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Oh good lord.

The same ole standard response to 'stalkers.'

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

JMOHO's of ccourse, but I thought that this was a very good write up on where things stand for now:
https://florida.rivals.com/news/gators-qb-kyle-trask-making-some-headway

In part, from that article:

That seems to be one of Mullen’s biggest points of emphasis; making adjustments on the fly. He calls a play but wants his quarterbacks to be able to adjust under pressure and see the weaknesses in the defense.

On one drive during the scrimmage, Trask led the offense down on a TD drive in which he went 7-of-8 passing. And as mentioned above, Trask was making adjustments at the line and checking to different reads or plays.

If the trend continues from Friday's scrimmage after Franks’ poor showing and Trasks’ impressive one, we could see a different QB taking reps with the ones. (that should already be happening imo - iG)

JMOHO's of ccourse, but I thought that this was a very good write up on where things stand for now:
https://florida.rivals.com/news/gators-qb-kyle-trask-making-some-headway

In part, from that article:

That seems to be one of Mullen’s biggest points of emphasis; making adjustments on the fly. He calls a play but wants his quarterbacks to be able to adjust under pressure and see the weaknesses in the defense.

On one drive during the scrimmage, Trask led the offense down on a TD drive in which he went 7-of-8 passing. And as mentioned above, Trask was making adjustments at the line and checking to different reads or plays.

If the trend continues from Friday's scrimmage after Franks’ poor showing and Trasks’ impressive one, we could see a different QB taking reps with the ones. (that should already be happening imo - iG)

Good.

That means I may be right that Franks is who he is and Trask may be the opening day QB (at least until Mullen feels like Jones is ready and can produce better than Trask.)

Good.

That means I may be right that Franks is who he is and Trask may be the opening day QB (at least until Mullen feels like Jones is ready and can produce better than Trask.)

Fake news. If you watch the PC Mullen clearly said the staff made all the checks, however, Trask did a good job communicating them. They weren't calls he made himself.

@Dannygator1989

13:40

Mullen- "We actually checked some things at the line of scrimmage that I was checking for him that we would have in a gameplan in that mode. And he did a good job of communicating that and getting everybody to understand what we needed to do at the line of scrimmage."

None of the QB's were calling audibles. Insta caught lying again...shocker!

@Dannygator1989

13:40

Mullen- "We actually checked some things at the line of scrimmage that I was checking for him that we would have in a gameplan in that mode. And he did a good job of communicating that and getting everybody to understand what we needed to do at the line of scrimmage."

None of the QB's were calling audibles. Insta caught lying again...shocker!

Shouldn't really surprise anybody.

But I think my prediction will hold true unless Franks shows something that is more than what we've seen.

I know the guy is young still, but I just think he's peaked and that's it.

Maybe that's the Jeff Driskel syndrome I think he has.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Shouldn't really surprise anybody.

But I think my prediction will hold true unless Franks shows something that is more than what we've seen.

I know the guy is young still, but I just think he's peaked and that's it.

Maybe that's the Jeff Driskel syndrome I think he has.

Yea he's probably mentally shot. The scary part is in if Jones will ever be a good enough passer to be effective. QB might not be on this roster at all.

I will assume that the two forked tongue liars that talk outta both sides of their mealy-mouths, are having a great time with their hands in each other pockets.... (so everything is as it should be) :cool:

I will assume that the two forked tongue liars that talk outta both sides of their mealy-mouths, are having a great time with their hands in each other pockets.... (so everything is as it should be) :cool:

Dude what are you even talking about?

How have you been victimized this time?

Caught lying in a thread again with evidence, shows up into the same thread to call other people liars. That's a special type of stupidity only he possesses. And with more homoerotic fantasies to boot. Yay Insta!

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Trask's unofficial statistics (12-of-18, 182 yards, three touchdowns, one interception) outshined Franks (7-of-22, 127 yards, two touchdowns, three interceptions and a fumble).

But there's more than numbers. The redshirt sophomore wisely chose to throw the ball away twice instead of forcing passes (Int) or taking a sack. His final throw was a beauty – an 80-yard bomb to Ohio State transfer Trevon Grimes on third-and-long.

"I think he's really confident in everything he's doing with calling the plays," offensive lineman T.J. McCoy said. "This offense is about reading a lot, and I think he's doing way better with reading things."

Last edited:
It's the off season for football so it's time to dust off the Kyle Trask lore.

-Jim McElwain took a $400,000 hit on this house because he removed the portrait of Kyle Trask

- Mia Khalifa promised Kyle Trask a night together...just because he is Kyle Trask.

-Mia Khalifa stays in Kyle Trask's DM's.

-Mandingo plays the cuckold role in Kyle Trask films.

-Gator numbers left...and returned as a damn spirit after he met Kyle Trask in person. -True Story-

-The Athletic Department removed Lee Begley's bio and contact info...because only Kyle Trask is allowed that information.

Steve Spurrier wore a Kyle Trask jersey.

The next flavor in BBQ sauce from the McElwain line is flavor #11...Trasked

-Tim Tebow hits a HR in his first pitch in double A ball...Kyle Trask gave Tebow batting tips this off season.

-This board changed from Inside the Gators to Gator Territory becsbec it could never get inside Kyle Trask.

-The Gators have only missed two bowl games in like a million seasons, one happened when Kyle Trask was injured.

-Will Grier took PED's when he heard Kyle Trask was coming for his position

-Luke Del Rio gave up his 20th year of eligibility when he realized Kyle Trask recovered, Luke knew he was not worthy enough to hold Trask's clipboard.

-Kyle Trask never needs an umbrella the rain avoids him...for reals, watch the YouTube clip

Last edited:
FWIW, someone that is usually reliable just tweeted Allen has decided to transfer.
I have not seen any supporting evidence.

FWIW, someone that is usually reliable just tweeted Allen has decided to transfer.
I have not seen any supporting evidence.

It would make sense. He would probably never see the field here.

Didnt a QB just commit also. He probably sees the writing on the wall.

It would make sense. He would probably never see the field here.

Didnt a QB just commit also. He probably sees the writing on the wall.
I wish him nothing but the best of luck. It's odd he didn't wait till the O/B game to see if he had a magical game that kept him in the mix. I'm sure it will be a battle to the opening game between Trask and Frank's with Jones getting the special packages from time to time.

That's too bad if true. I'd rather see Franks xfer out and Allen stay for at least one more season, but that's just me. I was hoping for a Trask-Allen-Jones line-up for the 2018 season.

But if he does go, I'll still wish him all the best in his football future. I think that he is just as talented of a QB as a Wil Grier, without the PED's/prima-dona baggage...

Franks has no reason to transfer yet.

I know there are many (myself included) who don't want to see Franks be the starter, but right now there's still a good chance he ends up being the starter.

We'll know a lot more in a week.

Hopefully we sign two QB's this year. It makes sense for Allen to leave and you gotta figure loser of the Franks/Trask battle leaves eventually. That would leave us with only two QB's next year.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Hopefully we sign two QB's this year. It makes sense for Allen to leave and you gotta figure loser of the Franks/Trask battle leaves eventually. That would leave us with only two QB's next year.

I think Trask probably wouldnt mind hanging around even if Franks stays in front of him.

I could definitely see Franks leaving if he was to get passed up this year or before the start of the 2019 season.

2018 QB's:
1. Kyle Trask rsSo EE
2. Felipe' Franks rsSo EE
3. Jake Allen rsFr
4. Emory Jones Fr EE

5. Sproles rsSo (W-O QB/Ath)
6. Toney So (WR-Wildcat QB)

Any or all, could still be here or be gone for 2019....
(just like all the rest of us...)

For 2019 add:
7. Jalon Jones verbal commit (2019 Fr with LOI)
Unless 2 of the first 4 leave, I don't see them needing a 2nd QB in 19.
But I could see them taking a 2nd if another really good one is available.

Hopefully that OSU QB transfers here. He is probably way better than Franks or Trask. It isn't a Del Rio situation as it sounds like he can actually play pretty good. He just isn't as good as the guy in front of him at OSU.

Trask outplayed Franks in Scrimmage #1. Franks outplayed Trask in Scrimmage #2. Franks is still getting the most snaps with the #1s at this time.

That OSU QB would be nuts not to come here with our QB situation and Jones being a true freshman. He would probably show the coaches he was better than Franks in just a couple of practices. With our relatively good schedule this year we could maybe have a 10-3 type season with him.

That OSU QB would be nuts not to come here with our QB situation and Jones being a true freshman. He would probably show the coaches he was better than Franks in just a couple of practices. With our relatively good schedule this year we could maybe have a 10-3 type season with him.
I've had enough graduate transfers at QB the past few years. Please let's give that up.

Reactions: instaGATOR
This ^^^^ In Spades! o_O

I'd rather see tFr Jones as the starter, than yet another xfer QB.

I would tend to agree if we weren't in a situation where two very different offensively philosophies were colliding.

If Mullen feels that getting a guy from OSU who is a fit for his system is a good option to have when guys like Franks and Trask (who may be serviceable) aren't exactly suited for it.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
I would tend to agree if we weren't in a situation where two very different offensively philosophies were colliding.

If Mullen feels that getting a guy from OSU who is a fit for his system is a good option to have when guys like Franks and Trask (who may be serviceable) aren't exactly suited for it.

They had a little college tape on him and he looked pretty composed finding receivers down the field. Not a great running QB but is definitely more geared to do that than Franks or Trask is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT