ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else think that Franks starts the 18 season?

I love the logic that says “Doug Nussmeier called him better than any 5 star he’s seen! I’ll take his expertise over any message board or recruiting site mo-Ron.”

Followed by “the coaches are playing favorites and not giving Trask the same chance as the other guys.”

The same coaches that were the only power 5 school that even wanted him? The same coaches that we pretty much all agree are idiots and don’t know a damned thing about QBs and offense?

Weird.

You're dealing with a guy with a single digit IQ there. The same coaches that were the only ones in Power 5 to offer Trask AND took heat over it are somehow biased against him. They were the only ones who believed in him enough to offer him but they're biased toward another QB and didn't want to give him a fair shot. You can't make this shit up.

If anything they had every incentive to play him to justify their faith in taking him when everybody else criticized the move. Yet they still wouldn't play him.

Franks was highly recruited. He shouldn't have been and I even said at the time I didn't want him at UF but he was. UF, FSU, LSU, UGA , and Alabama all offered. No clue why, that release alone let me know he wouldn't be worth a damn but he was.

And we have offered 10,000 people for 2019 so that is not really an argument. :)

I have been disappointed with the quality of both QBs and OL out of the state of Florida. It seems that we need to go into Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi to get some stout, mean linemen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
Never a negative word against either Trask or Allen from the circle of jerks.
:rolleyes:
They deliver clueless innuendos and their own low level of logic, thinking that it actually means something in the real world, while they totally ignore both the stats and the film. o_O
Their bias sticks out like a sore thumb. That's the thumb that they rotate with the one that they have stuck up their butts... :cool:

While playing the 3rd and 7th possessions in games, per his coach:
Trask - 118 of 161, 73.3% for 1,820 Yds, 17 TD's, ZERO Ints.
==========

Jake Allen Highlights:
STA Senior - 157 of 258, 60.9% for 2,311 Yds, 27 TD's, 7 Ints.
His total numbers would have been much bigger, but because of the score, he was often out of the game for most of the 2nd half.

The 2016 FL 7A State Championship Game Highlights
#1 STA 45 - 6 #2 Tampa Plant -- Jake threw for 329 Yds & 5 TD's.
Watch the film and then tell me what you think of Jake Allen's ability.
That, or just keep on spewing with your ignorant bias...

Note: To begin the season, STA lost to the #1 HS team in the Nation @ Los Vegas (their house), buy a score in OT. o_O

And we have offered 10,000 people for 2019 so that is not really an argument. :)

Well we are pretty desperate for a QB...gotta cast a wide net. I have a feeling there's gonna be lots of turnover at that position. Especially if we take 2 QB's this class like its been talked about. That will guarantee some transfers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Allen transfer if he can't break through this year in this system. Trask I think would probably be content to stay in a backup role instead of transferring. I doubt Allen would want to stick around if he sees the writing on the wall.

Well we are pretty desperate for a QB...gotta cast a wide net. I have a feeling there's gonna be lots of turnover at that position. Especially if we take 2 QB's this class like its been talked about. That will guarantee some transfers.
Jalon Jones and David Baldwin? Jason Jones and Joe Murrow?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Allen transfer if he can't break through this year in this system. Trask I think would probably be content to stay in a backup role instead of transferring. I doubt Allen would want to stick around if he sees the writing on the wall.

I agree. Allen is just as slow as Trask (now to be fair, if you’ve seen pictures of him since he got to UF, he has bulked up A LOT, so maybe that helps). But you have to expect this when you radically change your offensive philosophy.

Again, for me it goes back to Jones. The staff LOVED him and did everything they could to get him for a reason.

And it’s funny that I’m apparently just soooo anti-Trask and Allen. I like both of them, but I just doubt they’re going to have a future here. Both may be better off transferring to a better situation for them (again, let’s see how the spring shakes out).

I'm not seeing how those two points are mutually exclusive? If he could run a spread, given he's a much better passer than the other kid was, he'd have fit and started. So the logical conclusion is that the other kid was so much more athletic than Trask that his passing wasn't even worth it.

We may be saying the same thing. For example, Eric Kresser was a good college QB. But Danny Weurrfel was better. So Danny started.

That HS QB that beat Trask out might be a better QB for Mullen's offense. Probably would be. But that does not mean Trask can't run his offense. And run it well. And the HS QB that beat Trask not getting an offer from a major program is not disqualifying to Trask either. How many great athletes come from smaller programs? A bunch.

The good news is that all this is just talk among ourselves. Mullen is going to be the guy that makes the decision. Other than film study, Mullen does not have first hand knowledge of any of the QBs. Mullen might well be thinking something similar that Spurrier thought in 1990; 'I don't know which one of those guys will be the starter, but whichever one wins the starting job will be all SEC.'

They’re looking at getting a transfer.

Trask was a backup I’m high school in a spread offense because he couldn’t play in it.

He’s literally only at Florida because Doug Nussmeier thought he was great.

Seriously?

Lol. He couldn't play in it????? When he played, he was dominant. When he was 15 he got beat out by a fellow sophomore, who added a major running threat to their offense. The team won big, and King played great, there was never really a chance for Trask to take the job.

I have no idea if he can be successful at this level or in this offense, but I wouldn't write him off because as a he soph. he got beat out by a talented teammate

Lol. He couldn't play in it????? When he played, he was dominant. When he was 15 he got beat out by a fellow sophomore, who added a major running threat to their offense. The team won big, and King played great, there was never really a chance for Trask to take the job.

I have no idea if he can be successful at this level or in this offense, but I wouldn't write him off because as a he soph. he got beat out by a talented teammate

He runs about a 5 second 40 time.

What part of that perplexes you?

He runs about a 5 second 40 time.

What part of that perplexes you?

You actually think Franks is hardly any faster than Trask would be on those short runs the QB mostly does in Mullen's system? I think I could guarantee you Trask runs under a 5 second 40 since he got to UF also. Heck if we just went by the speed in the 40 of a QB Prescott would have never played for Mullen. The guy ran about a 4.8 40 yard dash at the NFL combine.

Reactions: instaGATOR
HS times are notoriously inflated, so a 4.9 or 5.0 in HS is likely much slower. Same with college. Ever wonder why players seem to always go to the combine and run slower than their supposed times? A 4.8 electronic time is not slow especially at 240 lbs like Prescott was. Prescott also had really good agility times.

HS times are notoriously inflated, so a 4.9 or 5.0 in HS is likely much slower. Same with college. Ever wonder why players seem to always go to the combine and run slower than their supposed times? A 4.8 electronic time is not slow especially at 240 lbs like Prescott was. Prescott also had really good agility times.
Tim Tebow was our nightmare not because of he has blazing speed and outran our DBs it was because he had good enough cutting ability as well as bulldozer power. Lamar Jackson was our nightmare becaus he has Michael Vick like speed and cutting ability. Kyle Trask’s 5.0 forty and white guy agility poses no threat along with his throwing into triple coverage I saw at that 50 minute mark. Please start Trask.

image_handler.aspx

Last season's idiot's rant...
Franks has 4 star talent, a big arm, and great mechanics....
Zaire is a very talented dual threat with great speed...

Those slow, weak-armed 'white' guys never have any talent as QB's...
(now, go preach that dumb chit to those 3 statues out front) :rolleyes:

image_handler.aspx

What are you rambling about now?

Good lord.

You actually think Franks is hardly any faster than Trask would be on those short runs the QB mostly does in Mullen's system? I think I could guarantee you Trask runs under a 5 second 40 since he got to UF also. Heck if we just went by the speed in the 40 of a QB Prescott would have never played for Mullen. The guy ran about a 4.8 40 yard dash at the NFL combine.

And I think that’s what I’ve been trying to get at.

None of those guys fit.

So therefore Jones or the possible transfer from Ohio State.

Reactions: Gator Fever
There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

And I think that’s what I’ve been trying to get at.

None of those guys fit.

So therefore Jones or the possible transfer from Ohio State.
Jones spent his spring break down in south Florida with noted QB guru Quincy Avery.

I am all for getting Joe Murrow.

image_handler.aspx

Everything is about race with him, the bigot exposes himself in thread after thread. Ironically, the guys supporting him now are the ones who called for Zaire last year too while people like me and you opposed. Wonder how that could be when we all just want the black guy?

A momentary lifting of the ignore results in more circle jerk BS.
Yep, slow, no talent white guys, that also can't jump.... :rolleyes:

Besides, everyone of color already knows that white people are the only one's that can be bigots or racists, it says so in the dictionary. Go look it up if you don't agree with oooozzzieee, cause he and the rest of the circle of jerks are all totally bias free and are always totally color-blind and fair in everything that they have ever said or done....
facebook-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif

When I supported Leak over Tebow, it was only because Leak was so much more talented and deserved it. But IF I had supported Tebow over Leak it would have proven beyond all doubt (for ooozzzziieee's type) that I'm just another of the many bigoted white Gator fans.... :confused:

Now excuse me for a moment while I
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif
lmfao....
And now, back on IGNORE... :cool:

Fev, unless Franks can really light it up in the Spring, I could see him being the one to bolt. Trask/Allen/Jones is my guess, with the depth chart yet to be established.

3. Mullen has a history of developing quarterbacks and adjusting his offense to fit the quarterback's strengths. Since Florida's group of quarterbacks offers a variety of skills,
Mullen and his staff are in the discovery phase of what works best with the talent on hand. While they will work from a base system, a large emphasis will be identifying strengths at the position to build around over the summer and into fall camp.

2017 - Franks 6-5 227
Passing - 1,438 Yds, 54.6%, 9 TD's, 8 Ints.
Rushing 58 for 20 Yds, .34 ypc, L-79 but ypc average wiped out by the many TFL and/or sacks.
He had a total of 5 runs of 10+ Yds, L-79, next longest 16 Yds.
His last 5 games rushing: UG -15, Miz 0, SCa -2, UAB -12, FSU -11.
Any talk of Franks running the ball is a poor joke imo. o_O

But all 4 QB's are in 'wait and see' mode coming into the Spring, with Mullen/Johnson and their new & improved 'adjustable' offense.... :cool:

Incongruous note:
Franks rsSo, Trask rsSo, & Allen rsFr couldn't play as tFr at UF in the SEC.
But 4 star tFr Jones 6-3 174 could easily win the 2018 starting job... :rolleyes:
Jones spent his spring break down in south Florida with noted QB guru Quincy Avery..

Since Allen was 12 years old, he has worked with QB coach Eric Kresser.

Yes, he could win the starting job.

1. He’s the only one that really fits what Mullen wants to do on offense.

2. McElwain didn’t like playing younger guys at QB, which is why he preferred older transfers every time.

Oh yes you're not a bigot because you supported Leak supoosedly. Pardon me if nobody believes the guy who claimed he couldn't be racist because he had 'mulatto' neices and nephews. You've referenced the other QB's 'being in the hood after midnight' and now you're on some deranged rant about how white players are unathletc when nobody has mentioned the race of either QB but you so clearly race is a qualifier when choosing the QB for you.

The worst part about you isn't that you're a bigot, the worst part is you're too much of a pussy to stand behind what you believe like a man would. Instead you make remarks then when called on it you spin, deflect, and use the 'who me!? defense like the woman you are. You're a pathetic excuse for a man. No wonder you spend all day on here looking for attention your wife is too busy spending time with a man who actually has balls leaving you to your sad life of being banned from multiple message boards because you can't help but act like a child in every thread you enter. #sad

Reactions: dakid_0812
Circle Jerks obviously write their posts while looking in a mirror... :rolleyes:

I'm now pushing for 'total equality' in Gator sports. We've establishing a new and improved 'Quota' system. All of the teams in the future will now be represented by the same percentages of race that are in the general student population at UF.
That means that from now on, 50+% of all the teams must be at least light skinned student/athletes.... :cool: --- WAM! 'White Athletes Matter'

That would only be totally FAIR,,, wouldn't it? I mean, Quotas have always worked well in the past. :D

Circle Jerks obviously write their posts while looking in a mirror... :rolleyes:

I'm now pushing for 'total equality' in Gator sports. We've establishing a new and improved 'Quota' system. All of the teams in the future will now be represented by the same percentages of race that are in the general student population at UF.
That means that from now on, 50+% of all the teams must be at least light skinned student/athletes.... :cool: --- WAM! 'White Athletes Matter'

That would only be totally FAIR,,, wouldn't it? I mean, Quotas have always worked well in the past. :D

So glad this one of yours. Obviously the last probing did not go well.

Reactions: dakid_0812
He's an elderly 'man' who's a running joke on multiple boards. What an embarrassment.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-qb-feleipe-franks-not-looking-back-hit-the-all-time-low-only-going-to-go-up

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida quarterback Feleipe Franks met with reporters Tuesday for the first time since the end of last season, and he sounded a lot like the same guy who stood at the podium after that final loss to Florida State.

He talked about how people — fans, media, et al. — don’t understand the process of developing as a quarterback.

“Like I said, it goes back to the people in general not trusting the process. You know they want the results right away. Sometimes it doesn’t always work like that. That’s just me trusting the process, not really caring about what anybody else thinks about me.”
----------------------

I see Del Rio's attitude is still rubbing off on some players.

How about stop worrying about what the fans (fanatics) say and actually improve your game. Franks will no longer have the Nuss excuse.

Acting arrogant when you play that poorly certainly isn't going to help with winning the fans over.

Reactions: instaGATOR
He's an elderly 'man' who's a running joke on multiple boards. (list proof of other boards, prodigious liar) What an embarrassment.
While you're a running mouth that most people not brain-dead take with a boulder size grain of salt. :oops:

What's hysterically funny to me, is that you actually believe than more than your fellow circle jerkers buy in to your constant lame-brained crap.
:D:confused::D:cool::D:rolleyes::D ---------- :p WAM > BLM :p

While you're a running mouth that most people not brain-dead take with a boulder size grain of salt. :oops:

What's hysterically funny to me, is that you actually believe than more than your fellow circle jerkers buy in to your constant lame-brained crap.
:D:confused::D:cool::D:rolleyes::D ---------- :p WAM > BLM :p

But...you’ve labeled more people than not on here as “Circle jerkers...” so it would seem that if what you said is true, then a lot of people believe what he says.

Also, this “white athletes matter is greater than black lives matter” thing should play out interestingly.

LOL he's such a mouthbreather. He labels practically the entire board as the circle of jerks then proceeds to say only the circle of jerks believe what I say, which would mean the majority of the board. Dumb f*ck. This is what happens when children get access to the internet.

But...you’ve labeled more people than not on here as “Circle jerkers...” so it would seem that if what you said is true, then a lot of people believe what he says.

Also, this “white athletes matter is greater than black lives matter” thing should play out interestingly.

There he is mentioning race again but he's not a bigot. Because you know, all those colored people support BLM. His mulatto nieces and nephews must really love him.

Total Replies of this entire board = .00001% of Gator Nation.
Circle of Jerks = around 50% of this boards posts (not the reads). o_O

Circle of Jerks are clueless (or ludicrous liars) about just how big of a minority they really are, out in the real world.... :cool:
============

Dan the Man has recently included Toney in the QB's as an option at wildcat.
This opens the door a bit wider for Franks-Trask-Allen, imo.
And it means that the more accurate passer among those 3 should have an advantage.

Total Replies of this entire board = .00001% of Gator Nation.
Circle of Jerks = around 50% of this boards posts (not the reads). o_O

Circle of Jerks are clueless (or ludicrous liars) about just how big of a minority they really are, out in the real world.... :cool:
============

Dan the Man has recently included Toney in the QB's as an option at wildcat.
This opens the door a bit wider for Franks-Trask-Allen, imo.
And it means that the more accurate passer among those 3 should have an advantage.

Obvious to any sane poster: the so called circle of jerks outnumbers the loon 100 to 1 yet he makes the point that they are the minority of entire board so they don't represent the real world. Just wow?

Obvious to any sane poster: the so called circle of jerks outnumbers the loon 100 to 1 yet he makes the point that they are the minority of entire board so they don't represent the real world. Just wow?

And it scares me because there’s possibility he’s out there presenting himself as a Gator fan, in this exact fashion, to everyone.

I know it’s hard to accept when nobody likes you, but my goodness.

Weekend, arrives. Time to off-ignore and have some bitch-slappin' fun... :cool:

A nole-licker chimes in with his always highly respected Clown-U criminole bs.

Something that oozzzeeesss, it likely never hard.

While a dunny-goater, being a nobody, can speak for the nobodys, he still attempts to shore up his usual idiocy by claiming he can speak for everybody.

While I sit back yet again,,,,

LMFAO at their usual rampant stupidity...

Weekend, arrives. Time to off-ignore and have some bitch-slappin' fun... :cool:

A nole-licker chimes in with his always highly respected Clown-U criminole bs.

Something that oozzzeeesss, it likely never hard.

While a dunny-goater, being a nobody, can speak for the nobodys, he still attempts to shore up his usual idiocy by claiming he can speak for everybody.

While I sit back yet again,,,,

LMFAO at their usual rampant stupidity...

Aren’t you trying to speak for everybody?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT