ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else think that Franks starts the 18 season?

screenshot_20180526-170206-png.9384

If I played terrible like Franks this past season I would be trying to outwork the other QBs in the offseason. He appears to lack discipline if these reports are accurate. Hopefully Trask or Jones beats him out if he isn't willing to put the work in. I swear that idiot Del Rio must have rubbed off on this kid hearing this mess and it explains his smart a** statements about the fans not knowing crap. I realize he is young still but you need to put the extra work in if you want to excel at this level at QB.

Which one starts at QB, will say more about the rest of the team and the coaches, than it will about the 3 QB's. --- We'll see how things unfold in Aug, and if we have a 'TEAM' this time around, or just another group of self-centered narcissistic butt-holes that like to hang out together.... o_O

I'm still betting on a TEAM for now... :cool:

Well Franks is getting a little coaching out in CA apparently so that part isn't as bad as it looked at first.

Well Franks is getting a little coaching out in CA apparently so that part isn't as bad as it looked at first.

So,,, he leading the off-season TEAM practices from out in California? :rolleyes:
Did he take Nick with him, to further his physical development? :oops:
And is he spending time in the UF film room going over all of his great plays from 2017? :confused:

Personally, I'm hoping he's out there discussing his coming xfer to cow-Chip Kelly's UCLA. o_O
Leading to Allen remaining at UF... :cool:

I think it could only be a plus long term if Jones is starting at the end of the season. I don't have any faith in Franks at all at this point.
I agree. Franks is not the answer. Jones is your future QB he just needs to hit the weight room and fill out.

Similar HS offense, 73% Completion, 17 TD's to ZERO Ints, 6-5 239, 3 Spring games, but he's still invisible to some. Maybe it's that warm dark place that they are looking out from, that's obstructing their view.... o_O

...2 designed series a game...

Not a single person here, that I am aware of, would be mad if Trask got the nod at QB...in fact, most of us, myself included, would much rather see him trot out there than Franks if they're even comparable in the coaches' eyes.

But please stop saying he's the best because he's a big, strong Eagle Scout who was a high school backup that only played two designed series per game and through two different regimes so far, hasn't impressed anyone enough to make him the starter.

Not even mop up time.

Maybe that'll change by September.

Reactions: _VolFan4675
Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I haven't responded to you in quite a while.

What exactly is wrong with my post?

More stuff out there about how Jones is really putting the work in. If Franks screwed around and blew the KY game somehow we may see Jones by the Colorado State game.

More stuff out there about how Jones is really putting the work in. If Franks screwed around and blew the KY game somehow we may see Jones by the Colorado State game.

I'd like to hear that he kills it in fall practice and splits time in the opening game and wins the job.

In the long run, with Mullen's style, that's the best thing.

And it lets Emory take the knocks and growing pins that any starter needs.

It's not too late, you could always petition to bring LDR back so they'd at least have a 3rd QB on the roster... :confused:

I'm very interested to see how the new coaching staff will impact the QB play. I remember when Spurrier 1st got to UF and Shane Matthews went from the #5 QB on the team to All SEC. It's obvious McElwain & staff could get very little out of the QB's on the roster. Was it the players' deficiencies or the coaches' ineptness? I don't care who emerges as the starter. I just want them to be successful.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

A Feleipe' 'Hail Mary' Franks update: The rsSo traveled to Santa Monica, CA for Steve Clarkson’s QB Retreat, an annual camp for the nation’s top passers.
For the nation's top passers??? So, what was Franks doing there? :confused:

Franks proved at the camp, that he can still chunk the ball 74 yards,,, and hit the field...:rolleyes:
That throw for raw distance, was the only part of the competition that he won.... :cool:

"The retreat was an opportunity for Franks to work on his game with fellow college QB's and also get some downtime away from the offseason grind. The experience could give him confidence heading into fall camp."
(and hopefully to meet with cow-Chip Kelly to discuss his UCLA xfer) ;)

PS -- To the media:
A 3rd year QB, with 3 Springs under his belt, and a full season playing, IS NO LONGER A 'YOUNG' QB. o_O

A Feleipe' 'Hail Mary' Franks update: The rsSo traveled to Santa Monica, CA for Steve Clarkson’s QB Retreat, an annual camp for the nation’s top passers.

Franks proved at the camp, that he can still chunk the ball 74 yards,,, and hit the field...:rolleyes:
That throw for raw distance, was the only part of the competition that he won.... :cool:

"The retreat was an opportunity for Franks to work on his game with fellow college QB's and also get some downtime away from the offseason grind. The experience could give him confidence heading into fall camp."

PS -- To the media:
A 3rd year QB, with 3 Springs under his belt, and a full season playing, IS NO LONGER A 'YOUNG' QB. o_O

Remember this post the next time insta claims he doesn't have a bias.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

PS -- To the media:

Don't worry Franks has this covered. He is used to dealing with adversity. :D

"One of three things happen," Mullen said on the Paul Finebaum Show. "One guy separates himself, it's an easy decision for us. Everyone works their tail off and takes that to heart and we have a great QB battle going into fall. Or no one works their tail off and we still have a QB battle going on in the fall. One of those three things will happen."

When coaches can't be around live football action in the summer, it's incumbent on the players to work together to hold player-run practices and continue ironing out the kinks in the scheme and build a rapport. o_O

"The QB's, in particular, have to take that mantle and lead the charge." -- Or they can go out to Calif to hang out with some other QB wannabees that need to get away from the off-season grind.... :rolleyes:

I doubt Franks will ever be the answer but I see no point in bashing him for taking a short off season trip to California to get some extra coaching when in house coaching is off limits. I'm sure plenty of other players leave Gainesville during the summer and do much worse than attend a camp.

Reactions: tke
I doubt Franks will ever be the answer but I see no point in bashing him for taking a short off season trip to California to get some extra coaching when in house coaching is off limits. I'm sure plenty of other players leave Gainesville during the summer and do much worse than attend a camp.

Now wait just a minute, I'm only a 'cut & paste' kind of guy, o_O so you should be jumping all over the one's that said that stuff instead of me,,, :cool: I just posted their words (and added my one little comment on their words) after all... ;)

Last edited:

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Now wait just a minute, I'm only a 'cut & paste' kind of guy, o_O so you should be jumping all over the one's that said that stuff instead of me,,, :cool: I just posted their words (and added my one little comment on their words) after all... ;)

I thought it was read and type, not cut and paste. That’s much worse. From a time management perspective if nothing else.

Reactions: nail1988
Movements are for the dunny.... I really don't pay any attention to them anymore. :cool:

Dealing with the forked tongued snakes here is always a boring exercise. :confused:

TG = ;)

The narcissist stalker (the dunny-goater) always thinks that it's about him. :rolleyes:
narcissist - a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.
"narcissists who think the world revolves around them"

Australian/NZ - dunny = toilet

Movement -- as in a bowel movement, for this discussion.
(edit correction for the dropped 'e' typo) :confused: --- :D

dunny - does not = the dunnygoater, although there is a distant connection to the usual chit... :cool:

Last edited:
Bias, or just a straight up evaluation of the obvious facts of the matter?
You make the call for yourself, instead of depending on the media-morons,,, or some other local moron, to make the determination or choice for you... :cool:

13. QB-pp Feliepe' Franks 6-5 227 rsSo
P - 125 of 229. 54.6%, 9 TD's, 8 Ints, QBR 38.6 (#107 QB of 128)
R - 58 for 20 Yds -- (Long 79 yds vs aTm - Neg. Rushing Yds in 6 of 11 Gms)
-----
11. QB-pp Kyle Trask 6-5 239 rsSo (Eagle Scout - SEC Academic Honor Roll)
HS Jr/Sr - 72.0%, 16 TD's, ZERO Ints - Rush 48 yds, 1 TD.
-----
14. QB-dt Emory Jones 6-2 192 Fr - EE - UA-AA - Elite 11 Finalist
HS Sr 8 Gms - 59.2%, 1,197 yds, 10 TD's - Rush 494 yds, 6 TD's.
Top 5 Offers: UF -- UA, AU, FSU, tOSU.
-----
42. QB/Ath W-O Nick Sproles 6-2 211 rsSo - Winter Park, FL
HS Sr: 63.7%, 2,006 yds, 15 TD's - Rush 4 TD's.
Metro Conference – Phil King 2015-2016 Athlete of the Year
Winter Park HS – Male Athlete of the Year (Senior Class)
Orange County (Orlando) Senior Bowl – East Starting QB
Winter Park HS – MVP 2015 Varsity Football
~ Florida 8A Final Four in B-Ball.

Jones and Sproles are the 2 reasons that they DID NOT need anothere xfer QB. o_O

The narcissist stalker (the dunny-goater) always thinks that it's about him. :rolleyes:
narcissist - a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.
"narcissists who think the world revolves around them"

Australian/NZ - dunny = toilet

Movement -- as in a bowel movement, for this discussion.
(edit correction for the dropped 'e' typo) :confused: --- :D

dunny - does not = the dunnygoater, although there is a distant connection to the usual chit... :cool:

Lol dude you call me the "dunny" all the time.

Sit there and pretend you weren't trying to make this about me.

Because apparently, for you, everything is about me.

Grow up.

Always the 'real' narcissist victim... :rolleyes:
Checked in, but now back to ignore... :confused:

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I hope not. I hope we have a better option. I would rather give Trask a shot. I just don’t think Franks has IT nor will he ever get IT.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Always the 'real' narcissist victim... :rolleyes:
Checked in, but now back to ignore... :confused:

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I asked you a question.

I know that's hard for you to deal with.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Coaches have figured out how to take the Gator's out of the Championship picture.
It's relatively easy once you see it. 11 QB's since Tebow.
If the QB is average to poor, you leave him alone to 'screw the pooch' for ya.
If he's pretty good to great, then you just break his leg. (Red-Turds and Dollies excel at this)
Alternate methods if he's the type, send him a ho and/or a sac-o-weed, or the occasional PED's. :rolleyes:

Think about it,,, Brantley-Driskel-LDR = legs,,,
I'll let everyone else figure out which categories the others fall out in... :cool:

Coaches have figured out how to take the Gator's out of the Championship picture.
It's relatively easy once you see it. 11 QB's since Tebow.
If the QB is average to poor, you leave him alone to 'screw the pooch' for ya.
If he's pretty good to great, then you just break his leg. (Red-Turds and Dollies excel at this)
Alternate methods if he's the type, send him a ho and/or a sac-o-weed, or the occasional PED's. :rolleyes:

Think about it,,, Brantley-Driskel-LDR = legs,,,
I'll let everyone else figure out which categories the others fall out in... :cool:
Don't forget Tyler Murphy shoulder.

Nothing seriously ever happened to Jacoby injury wise...and never any off field issues. Just Muschamped.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Murphy rsSo - 2012 3rd team QB and played some at WR
2013 Driskel started 3 games then broken leg vs red-turds.
#2 Jacoby was gone to NCSt by then, too bad for him and for us...
#3 Murphy started 6 games before going out with the shoulder injury, 6 TD's, 5 Ints.
Graduated as a rsJr and then went to BC to be QB for departed Gator OC Steve Addazio.

Murphy was a really good QB for the BC level, but not really a full season starter for the top SEC teams. Good guy, wished him well at BC.

If Jacoby had won the starters job, then Jeff would likely have transferred out and the red-turds could have broken Jacoby's leg instead of Jeff's.... :rolleyes:
On 2nd thought, it might not have been a 'too bad' for Jacoby going to NCSt... :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT