ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else think that Franks starts the 18 season?

I think I would try it again with this guy considering Del Rio had to bail us out against KY last year due to Franks play at QB.
Del Rio wasn't a true graduate transfer, he was a regular transfer. He had been in the system for 3 years before bailing us out of the UK game. What did Zaire bail us out of last year? I'd just as much had rather seen us throw Allen to the wolves or play Toney at QB. At least they'd have experience under their belt at this point.

Reactions: instaGATOR
To me year 1 should be the only acceptable year to play a transfer IF you're gonna play one. You don't have any loyalty to anybody on the roster and if you don't have anybody that fits what you wanna do go get somebody that does to start building some momentum for the program. After that you shouldn't need one if you're recruiting and developing well. Mac kept looking for transfers to come save him because he was incompetent and couldn't develop a QB.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Del Rio wasn't a true graduate transfer, he was a regular transfer. He had been in the system for 3 years before bailing us out of the UK game. What did Zaire bail us out of last year? I'd just as much had rather seen us throw Allen to the wolves or play Toney at QB. At least they'd have experience under their belt at this point.

The guy is way better than Franks apparently from the little bit he has shown. We know Franks has shown he is lost so far at QB so we would be nuts not to bring that OSU QB in if he wants to come here. He might end up starting for 2 years if he is a good player like many people claim.

Allen would get absolutely destroyed and Toney isn't going to be playing QB except in a few packages or if we get a bunch of people injured. I wouldn't be surprised if this OSU QB could be the difference between a 7 or 8 win season or a 9 or 10 win season.

Based on what? He's been third string the last two years and JT Barrett is a garbage passer. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in but I think it's a stretch to think he's worth two more wins.

Based on what? He's been third string the last two years and JT Barrett is a garbage passer. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in but I think it's a stretch to think he's worth two more wins.

He just looked like he had a sense of what he was doing when he came in to play in a few games. Didn't seem to force things and was pretty good at finding 2nd options etc. The exact opposite of what Franks has shown with extended playing time. I know its a small sample size however.

I think Franks falls apart so bad sometimes that against a good opponent he could turn a competitive game into a blowout.

Last year I think we probably beat LSU and A&M with a decent QB before our season just collapsed after that.

He just looked like he had a sense of what he was doing when he came in to play in a few games. Didn't seem to force things and was pretty good at finding 2nd options etc. The exact opposite of what Franks has shown with extended playing time. I know its a small sample size however.

I think Franks falls apart so bad sometimes that against a good opponent he could turn a competitive game into a blowout.

Last year I think we probably beat LSU and A&M with a decent QB before our season just collapsed after that.
It's not always fair to compare one player to another but sometimes that's life. I know the Ohio St 3rd teamers isn't Malik Zaire but I heard all last year how great Zaire looked in limited action and how his ability and limited experience will be so great until Franks could handle the job. Del Rio and Franks were more composed than Zaire. That was such a waste of time.

I appreciate Zaire trying. I really do. Not at all trying to bash the kid. It was just wasted time that could have went to another QB.

And then there's the aspect that usually when a kid is transferring it's for a reason. How many QB's transfer and then turn around their new team? I'm not talking about guys who were kicked off for disciplinary reasons, etc. But guys who were second or third string somewhere, transferred, and balled out. If they were that good the current team would make use of them. Being better than what we have is a low bar.

It's not always fair to compare one player to another but sometimes that's life. I know the Ohio St 3rd teamers isn't Malik Zaire but I heard all last year how great Zaire looked in limited action and how his ability and limited experience will be so great until Franks could handle the job. Del Rio and Franks were more composed than Zaire. That was such a waste of time.

I appreciate Zaire trying. I really do. Not at all trying to bash the kid. It was just wasted time that could have went to another QB.

Franks didn't play any better than Zaire. Heck Franks did his best Driskel impression most of the season by fumbling the ball before he even extended it out and when the ball wasn't even touched by a defender etc. The only difference was Franks kept the interceptions down some by running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball to a receiver or out of bounds. Not sure if anyone ever did a tape on Franks screw ups last season but that tape would be pretty long.

But I need to remember like Franks has told us multiple times - that we fans just don't understand the learning curve for QBs like him and the coaches do.

Franks vs Trask/Allen

Lewis vs Stephens/Gamble

Scarlett vs Perine/Davis/Pierce

Van - Grimes vs Cleveland/Hammond/Swain/Toney/Copeland////

And on and on and on it goes. But one thing I'm sure of and have been all along, is that there is enough solid talent on this team, it's just a matter of who improves the most and steps up in the games.
Verdict: Yet To Be Seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
Franks didn't play any better than Zaire. /QUOTE]
And Zaire didn't play any better than Franks.

I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your post because Franks made plenty of negative highlights.

I'm just saying Zaire did nothing for us (and once again not bashing the guy for trying and choosing to be a Gator) but it was wasted reps that could have went to another younger QB that would have helped development. Practice reps...game reps.

I guess the positive is the OSU QB will be here 2 years vs 1.

Reactions: Gator Fever
And then there's the aspect that usually when a kid is transferring it's for a reason. How many QB's transfer and then turn around their new team? I'm not talking about guys who were kicked off for disciplinary reasons, etc. But guys who were second or third string somewhere, transferred, and balled out. If they were that good the current team would make use of them. Being better than what we have is a low bar.
UT has had some. Nate Pederson and Riley Ferguson...but yes I do understand your point for sure. Agree with that assessment.

Well Burrow had a pretty good spring game. It will probably come down to whether he thinks he really might can win the job still. I hope we can get him myself to better run this offense in 2018.

Well Burrow had a pretty good spring game. It will probably come down to whether he thinks he really might can win the job still. I hope we can get him myself to better run this offense in 2018.

Are you his mother, girlfriend, or just his unpaid agent? :rolleyes:
NO MORE grad-xfer QB's.... o_O

BTW, if they did that, gawd forbid, what would that do to the already committed 2019 QB? And how would any other QB that they might be recruiting now see it? :cool:

Are you his mother, girlfriend, or just his unpaid agent? :rolleyes:
NO MORE grad-xfer QB's.... o_O

BTW, if they did that, gawd forbid, what would that do to the already committed 2019 QB? And how would any other QB that they might be recruiting now see it? :cool:

The pressure must be intense now that Trask has an equal opportunity and looked foolish.

Strange...Doug nussmeier said he was great.

For the record, neither Franks or Trask did very well passing.

Trask's one TD was a 48 yard pass to Lawrence Wright and Franks one TD was a 60 yard pass to McGriff...so basically nostalgia fueled celebrity scores.

Franks did have a 60 yard TD run that would have been shorter if he would have been allowed to be tackled, but still a good run.

Jones went 3-7, starting off slow on a few close passes, but did throw 2 TDs to actual Florida players and an interception.

Don't let the resident propaganda machine mislead you if you haven't watched it.

The pressure must be intense now that Trask has an equal opportunity and looked foolish.

The dunny-goater is always fair in his treatment of everybody, including Trask. :cool:
==========

I posted a link to a SEC-Country opinion, and get this chit back.

Insta doesn't have a favorite QB, he wants any of them to win the job.

The loser drunk dunny-goater never stalks my every post, he just happens to post nearly every time I do. It's really just a random coincidence.... :rolleyes:
=============

Now, where is your Bopsie Twin, to come in an attempt to bail your drunk dumb azz out yet again, while instead buring himself neck deep in his own stupidity in the process... o_O

The dunny-goater is always fair in his treatment of everybody, including Trask. :cool:
==========

I posted a link to a SEC-Country opinion, and get this chit back.

The loser drunk dunny-goater never stalks my every post, he just happens to post nearly every time I do. It's really just a random coincidence.... :rolleyes:
=============

Now, where is your Bopsie Twin, to come in an attempt to bail your drunk dumb azz out yet again, while instead buring himself neck deep in his own stupidity in the process... o_O

Where were the highlights of the other QBs?

You're silly.

Where were the highlights of the other QBs?

You're silly.

As I've said before, you're to stupid, to even realize just how stupid you really are... o_O
And you're totally BORING with your stupid chit, :confused: on a constant basis. :oops:
About all that a dunny-goater is good for is stinking up yet another thread with his usual chit. :rolleyes:

================

Moving right along....

So, getting UF's 4th largest Spring crowd (53,000+) to come was quite an accomplishment. And he also had probably the most former player ever to return for a Spring game, somewhere in the 150-170 range I've heard.

Franks 8 of 12 for 117 Yds, 14.6 yds/rec.
Take out the 'fake' 60 yd TD and it's 7 for 57 yds, 8.1 yds/rec
And Franks rushing yds were a poor joke. They let him go on the long TD run.
The Orange team was staffed and set up to run.

Trask
12 of 24 for 178 Yds, 14.8 yds/rec.
Take ou the 'fake' 48 yd TD and it's 11 for 130 yds, 11.8 yds/rec.
They didn't run Trask on purpose, not because he can't run the ball.
The Blue team was staffed and set up to pass.

Insignificant Details:
Franks 60 Yd TD pass went 42 yds in the air, (33 to 25)
Trask's 48 Yd TD pass went 55 yds in the air. (45 to Goal line)
Both/either have enough arm to go deep, but Trask is more accurate.

Fall QB Competition: Trask - Jones - Franks
Trask is a way better passer than either.
Jones can pass as well as Franks already, and he's a way better runner.
Jones has already moved slightly ahead of Frank imoho.
Franks can still be injury depth for both of the others.
Allen, it's obvious to me that they don't want him, so he should go at the end of the semester. With another QB coming in 2019, maybe 2, there just isn't any room for Jake.

Those things are just my own opinions and/or WaG's...
Now, be a man and state your own opinions, or be a gutless coward and just rag on my opinions like the Bopsie Twins and the rest of the circle jerkers.
============

Highlight of the day for iG:
Seeing LB/FB/ST's R.J. Raymond take a pass to the house for a 58 Yd TD. :)

Screw Up of the Day:

Florida coach Dan Mullen joked that QB Feleipe Franks was trying to pad his stats in the Orange & Blue spring game Saturday when he threw a 60-yard “TD” pass to former Gators WR Travis McGriff.

The trick play was supposed to call for Franks to toss it to former Gators QB Doug Johnson, who would then throw the pass to a wide-open McGriff as he emerged from the sideline downfield.

“Feleipe just bypassed Doug to keep all the stats to himself,” Mullen joked. “Doug told me he was like one TD pass away from some sort of record. We were trying to get him there.”

Said Franks, laughing: “They weren’t clear with it, man. But I’ll steal the stats, though, so it’s OK.” (no azzhole, it wasn't OK, but it was typical of your usual level of confusion) :rolleyes:

As I've said before, you're to stupid, to even realize just how stupid you really are... o_O
And you're totally BORING with your stupid chit, :confused: on a constant basis. :oops:
About all that a dunny-goater is good for is stinking up yet another thread with his usual chit. :rolleyes:

================

I'm so stupid that you don't post highlights of the other QBs?

Sounds legit.

Are you to stupid, or to lazy to get highlights for yourself, and post them if you want to? :oops:

You chose to rag on one specific QB (liar that you are about being open to who QB's) and I responded with a link to highlights on that specific QB THAT YOU CHOSE. I then provided links to the opinions of others on the QB's. o_O

Sounds like you're the same boring, stupid, masochist stalker that you always were and are. :cool:

Are you to stupid, or to lazy to get highlights for yourself, and post them if you want to? :oops:

You chose to rag on one specific QB (liar that you are about being open to who QB's) and I responded with a link to highlights on that specific QB THAT YOU CHOSE. I then provided links to the opinions of others on the QB's. o_O

Sounds like you're the same boring, stupid, masochist stalker that you always were and are. :cool:

My 2 cents.

Franks is a disaster. Trask has more of a upside if he can stop the happy feet. He has a lot of potential imo. Just not sold on Franks

Last edited:

Nope.

I talked about Franks, Trask, and Jones.

Ups and downs. All of them.

You chose to promote your boy, and nobody else.

But carry on, sir, you're on a roll.

My 2 cents.

Franks is a disaster. Trask has more of a upside if he can stop the happy feet. He has a lot of potential imo. Just not sold on Franks

Not sure how much potential Trask has but I cant get the image of all of Driskel's screw ups out of my head every time Franks takes the field.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Moving right along....

Those things are just my own opinions and/or WaG's...

Now, be a man and state your own opinions, or be a gutless coward and just rag on my opinions like the Bopsie Twins and the rest of the circle jerkers.
============

Stupid is, as stupid gutless coward dunny-goater does... :cool:
BTW, your natural stupid, does not mix very well with your usual loser drunk status... o_O

I guess Burrow signed with LSU so we have to hope Franks can finally wake up and learn to play QB or we will be in trouble again this season.

I like the fact we aren't bringing in Burrow. To be honest - this year will be ugly at times...let's just roll with what we have. The WR's are different in that they can really make an impact and are proven talents. Burrow...who knows. If you are taking a risk, just stick with what you know.

I like the fact we aren't bringing in Burrow. To be honest - this year will be ugly at times...let's just roll with what we have. The WR's are different in that they can really make an impact and are proven talents. Burrow...who knows. If you are taking a risk, just stick with what you know.

I think it could only be a plus long term if Jones is starting at the end of the season. I don't have any faith in Franks at all at this point.

Reactions: bradleygator
I guess Burrow signed with LSU so we have to hope Franks can finally wake up and learn to play QB or we will be in trouble again this season.

Yeah, because Franks is still the ONLY option for QB for 2018... :confused:

Since they ONLY have the one, already proven crappy QB on the roster, I sure hope that Dan brings in another 3-4 HS QB's in the 2019 class... :rolleyes:
==========

QB Feleipe' Franks 6-5 227 rsSo (granted, he's been clumsy, so far)

QB Kyle Trask 6-5 239 rsSo (3 Springs, & he played a similar Off. in HS)
73% passer with 17 TD's to zero Ints, so no chance that he can play... :cool:

QB Jake Allen 6-3 199 rsFr (announced intent to xfer out, hasn't left yet, I think?)
~ I wish he'd stayed and Franks left, but that's just me & moho. :(

Emory Jones 6-2 192 Fr - EE - (not a starter yet, but I'd give him some playing time)

WR/QB Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 So (Percy--Wildcat, Jet sweeps, etc)

QB/Ath Harry Gornto V 6-1 189 rsJr
QB/Ath Nike Sproles 6-2 211 rsSo (he's actually viable imo)
QB/Ath Jack Ruskell 6-2 195 rsFr

With HC Dan, Co-OC's Hevesy and Gonzales, and QB Coach Brian Johnson, I guess there's little chance that they could/can coach up any of the above (7-8) QB options.;)

Someone who is usually pretty reliable says Franks is still more worried about hitting the clubs and hanging out with his g/f and vacationing than putting the work in he needs to. It sounds like Franks actually thinks he is the real deal at QB despite his terrible play. That attitude might explain some of his arrogant statements about the fans not knowing about QB development. It sounds like Trask and Jones have been busting their butts during the same time working with personal QB coaches etc.

We will probably regret not going after Burrow unless Jones comes around really quick. I would almost rather play Jones and let him get the experience if Franks is going to be real bad again this season.

Last edited:
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT