ADVERTISEMENT

Most Americans (76%) want Biden court pick to come from all candidates, not just black women

I'd be thrilled with a black woman on the SC,,, IF senile Beijing Biden (or his puppet masters) would nominate a black woman of this quality.... (hell, I'd have voted for her for President)

Barbara Jordan, a beloved national figure who had been chairwoman of the U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform.

Born in 1936, Barbara Jordan grew up in segregated Houston, daughter of a preacher who moonlighted as a warehouse clerk. As the Washington Post would report, “her parents pushed her to excel ... and they would criticize her for imprecise diction and any report card that contained a B rather than all A’s." Jordan attended Houston’s all-black Texas Southern University, where she became a star debater and graduated magna cum laude.

Jordan soared into the national spotlight on July 25, 1974, with a speech that established her as a moral and political force and defender of the Constitution and the rule of law. Jordan’s speech, a ringing defense of the Constitution, began with a uniquely African-American perspective as she invoked the first three words of its Preamble: “We the People.”

It is a very eloquent beginning. But when that document was completed on the seventeenth of September in 1787, I was not included in that “We the People.” I felt somehow for many years that George Washington must have left me out by mistake. But through the process of amendment, interpretation, and court decision I have finally been included in “We the People.”

Today, I am an inquisitor. I believe hyperbole would not be fictional and would not overstate the solemnness that I feel right now. My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete, it is total. I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, destruction of the Constitution.

Jordan's work on immigration reform represents the high-water mark of bipartisan efforts to stop illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration by asserting a vision of the national interest over the left-right coalition of ethnic, business, and political interests that seeks more immigration and less enforcement. “It is both a right and a responsibility of a democratic society to manage immigration so that it serves the national interest."

One of Jordan’s goals was to reduce legal immigration by eliminating the right for citizens and legal immigrants to sponsor the immigration of siblings. “In the years since Jordan's death,” said Commission member Michael Teitelbaum, “the effort to reform immigration policy has deteriorated into increasingly fractious partisan conflict in which politicians and activists and advisors in both parties have increasingly seen that policy as something to serve their own electoral advantage.

Deportation is crucial.
Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence:
Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave. The top priorities for detention and removal, of course, are criminal aliens. But for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process. Any nation worth its salt must control its borders.” (at this point, the Rats have thoroughly desalinated us)

Why have liberals been silent about the economic effects of immigration on their natural constituency — the working poor, and black workers in particular? One reason is the inability of liberals to say no to any apparently generous program, particularly if it aims to help those in poor countries. Another is the influence of Hispanic groups seeking to enlarge their constituencies. Many affluent opinion-makers in politics, the media and academia themselves benefit from a never-ending supply of low-wage immigrant maids, janitors, receptionists and other poorly paid, non-unionized employees

The commission finds no national interest in continuing to import lesser-skilled and unskilled workers to compete in the most vulnerable parts of our labor force.
Many American workers do not have adequate job prospects. We should make their task easier to find employment, not harder.

Those were only some excerpts from the article which can be read here:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT