ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby vs Richt

It is amusing that uga fans still think their team, or that game, had any bearing on us getting rid of the coach. He was going no matter what, and if anyone talked to the right person, they'd know he was gone even before that no matter what. But by all means, take credit for it, it will just be your wishful demise on the reciprocal end with my boss.. It's amazing to see just how much odd empty confidence dawg fans somehow ALL have like a little cousin that always gets beat up in the family basketball game at Thanksgiving but keeps on talking afterward and for a year leading up to another defeat.

UGA fans really now know inside even when they are being dumb on purpose about confidence in their team, that Smart has actually already shown everyone his ceiling, and has come away with nothing and 1-4 against the top teams currently from the last two years, and against the West, and that one game they won was against an already sinking ship for Auburn after a brutal schedule after they beat you down physically weeks prior, before the bell cow that Malzahn always runs into the ground from 70 carries a game that's impossible to last after their end of schedule with Bama on tail end, their RB getting hurt did them in with QB messed up too. So badly in fact, UCF fans still talk about how great they are with a streak, their fans sound real familiar in this story now don't they? Kirby did the best he could with the deepest and most veteran team he could have last year, the NC last year was really the one they blew their best chance shooting their shot, much like the 2012 SEC Championship, knowing any team in the middle of the pack in SEC would have wiped out ND in that gimme ring game for Bama with rest in between. Kirby has shown his max best, and come up short in all of them, and it's because of one thing. The same problem and thing they couldn't win before because of Marky Richt.

Talent has never, nor ever will be uga's problem, it's always been, and always will be game day coaching ability, you can always tell the real true top coaches apart, you know how? Simple, how do they fare once they compete against teams with near or equal talent, and LSU and Bama, the only teams in that category, beat them, again. We had the lead after walking down the field with ball in 2nd half after everything went wrong in the first half, and gave you multiple christmas presents early in that game to put us away, yet Franks finally completed one ball to his own teammates after a big KO Return from KT. After everything that had happened, kirby played Muschamp ball to be trailing to Franks. You talk to anyone that has good football eyeballs, and in that game they all said the same thing to me post game, if you guys had even a serviceable throwing QB that wasn't a mental inept midget like the rest of your QB's in the past 8 plus years, it's easy to tell Mullen is ahead of UGA like Spurrier with his coaching style and offense.. and it's true, now it's time to catch up with everyone with on the field talent.

And like Dan said, it starts with owning your territory, own the state, and clean up and steal their strengths in talent, which is exactly what we've already done to FSU, and now directly to Miami without even playing them yet even worse. Taking all their talent, and more to come with the likes that haven't been seen since the same guy was here last, ten years ago. The Bowl committee really messed up to give us the dominant edge going into a full off season for all to know with us smashing it down UCF's throat and proving and showing everyone how much of a pretender they are, which is exactly what would have happened no matter how much iv'e seen our Gator fans pretend that game was scary, it would have been like Hawaii in 2007, instead everyone gets to see LSU do it and get a boost as if they did something perceived as hard when it's a joke how easy that win will be, just because it's billed as a big game and them being outmatched with prep time to get up for them, and will finally have a top team much better than them, fully eyes open and got their full attention. Though LSU won't win by as much as they should because of their coaching is actually far worse than UCF's in a one game scenario. If we got that game and shattered all of UCF's dreams, the state buzz would have really taken off. But same can happen if we beat a true top level talented team in Atlanta in a few weeks.

Now time to close out big and get some needed positions in recruiting for first time in years that's so desperately needed, to reload and rebuild a Florida monster that once was, with the coach to finally do it properly again, stocking up and competing for Rings every year starting next year and from this bowl game on, with GREAT coaching. Time to get out and help seal the deal on some big names for us, you boys enjoy. Merry Christmas to you boys, and as always. Go Gators!

you too Sad, tell the Mrs. Happy Holidays from all us Florida boys here

Let me know if any of you are making the trip to Atlanta about some tickets and maybe ill get to meet up with some of you and your family after the game finally.

Florida football died when Tebow cried.

You guys have really turned into a delusional fanbase that rivals Tennessee and south Carolina.

Smart went 8-5 his first year losing to vandy, despite that he signed a top 3 class that year and followed it up with the #1 class, he's on pace to have another top 3 class this year.

Meanwhile, Dan is sucking wind at 20 hoping to flip a few commits.

Smart gator fans know (openly or silently) that Kirby is building a really solid program in Athens far better than Richt could ever sustain.

Reactions: rednblack4life
Florida football died when Tebow cried.

I laughed during this entire thread, you guys have really turned into a delusional fanbase that rivals Tennessee and south Carolina.
That makes a whole bunch of sense considering we won a National Title that year. A typical UGA fan isn’t very smart. When was UGAs last national title again? We’re you alive? LOL

That makes a whole bunch of sense considering we won a National Title that year. A typical UGA fan isn’t very smart. When was UGAs last national title again? We’re you alive? LOL

You guys won the NT in 08, 09 he cried as bama beat him in his final SEC game. LOLz.

You guys won the NT in 08, 09 he cried as bama beat him in his final SEC game. LOLz.

And your last national title was when? At least act like you have been there before a win a national title before all this talking.

1980 is all you have on us right now, play that card and play it well. Florida Football 1990-2009 RIP.
Yeah we are done as a football program as we sit in the top 10 with a coach in just his first year on the job coming off a 4 win season. Yep we are finished. LOL.

Reactions: ih8f$u and Terry02
Yeah we are done as a football program as we sit in the top 10 with a coach in just his first year on the job coming off a 4 win season. Yep we are finished. LOL.

You guys were drubbed by Missouri at home and lost to Kentucky for the first time in 30 something years. Florida football will never be as dominant under Dan Mullen as it was from 1990-2009. Especially with Todd Grantham as the DC.

Reactions: DawgAXE
Wow. Guys, this is denial of epic proportions here. I’m ashamed to have read the entire thread, but it was riveting. Honest to goodness I did not know that Gator fans with their head that far in the sand existed. I know a couple, and they know what’s going on. These guys in here... jeez.

You guys were drubbed by Missouri at home and lost to Kentucky for the first time in 30 something years. Florida football will never be as dominant under Dan Mullen as it was from 1990-2009. Especially with Todd Grantham as the DC.
We won all of 4 games last year and just won 9 and are in the top 10 since probably 2010. Pretty incredible turn-around by Mullen and his staff. Not many programs have ever been a successful as UF was from 1990-2009. Maybe only Bama and 1 or 2 other programs have ever been that good. You make it sound as if everybody is achieving that type of success.

He needs all the 5 stars he can get to make up for all his dumb calls and fake punts.
Like how elite Saban was stuck at Michigan State for forever? Or how supposedly elite Kirby was stuck as an assistant for 8 years when Bama assistants get hired away by everybody after 1-2 years? You’re a dumbass.
you a Jory’s wearing moron!! Kirby was solicited every year by great teams to be head coach. He was simply waiting to come home. Enjoy mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

You guys get a two game win streak, the longest in thirty years for you, and you get an overinflated sense of worth. I get it. Your inferiority to the mighty Gators has been tough to accept.

Dumb Ass, we won three straight in 2011,2012,and 2013 but carry on with your stupidity!

Incredible.

And Kirby hasn’t had to deal with a good Florida team...yet...
I'm afraid it won't happen anytime soon. Cousin Eddie will be coaching elsewhere before your lizards ever beat UGA again. I see you guys have picked up your recruiting of late........y'all are only 10 spots behind Arkansas!:D

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Richt:

Year 1 - 8-4
Year 2 - 13-1, wins the SEC
Year 3 - 11-3, SEC runnerup

Kirby:

Year 1 - 8-5
Year 2 - 13-2, wins the SEC
Year 3 - 11-2, SEC runnerup

Totals:

Richt 32-8, 1 SEC title, 2 SECCG appearances
Kirby 32-9, 1 SEC title, 2 SECCG appearances

Bonus:

Record against Alabama:

Richt 2-0
Kirby 0-2
And Kirby is owned by a team in the other division. Still looks like Kirby Richt and Mark Smart.
Just continue living in your fantasy world....Typical....Dawgs own the SEC east, including you and will win it all next year...two years in a row of #1 recruiting....Kirby and the Dawgs are here to stay....There are three teams in the country at the top of the recruiting mountain, UGA, Bama and Clemson....Get used to being second level, because that is where you belong and will stay..... GO DAWGS!

Some very entertaining delusions in this thread from gator fans. Get use to continuing to be blown out by Georgia, because it won’t stop anytime soon. 3 years from now when Mullins in 0-4 against Georgia and either gone or on the hot seat it will be fun to see what you have to say then.

Objectively I see a team with pretty good talent and mediocre coaching. So pretty much the same as with Richt.
LOL if you think Smart is a mediocre coach. He's an emerging coach who needs to learn game management and not to over coach but give me a break. Look at the development of talent on that team. Florida fans are the trashiest of the trash. Mullen looks like a wanna be mafia boss who talked too much trash for his own good. Blind squirrel beat that ass last year.

Dumb Ass, we won three straight in 2011,2012,and 2013 but carry on with your stupidity!
Let's bring up your stupidity while we're at it. UF won in 2014, 2015 and in 2016, despite the fact we had UGA alum Musdump (0-4 as a player) and MacStain as coaches. So let's continue to carry on with your Dwag stupidity. Not sure who mentioned something about Gator fans who were too young to remember, but let's go all the way back to 1990 when UGA had a 20 something game lead on the series. Since 1990, UGA has won only 8 games since. Didn't take that long to count those wins. Yes, Dwag fans, let that sink in.
Talk to us when you win a national title without Herchel Walker. Dang, that's 38 years since UGA won anything.

The only thing that will keep Kirby Dumb at UGA is his recruiting with no national titles. Hell, ya'll had your chance last season and choked.

Last edited:
IMG_4515-610x457.jpg

Do we need him to do that? 36-17, 42-7. Maybe Kirby will get a few pointers when it starts getting close. ;-)
That 42-7 win was over a 4-7 team. Didn't UF beat UGA in 2008 by a score of 49-10 when UGA was actually ranked somewhere in the top 10, and had a preseason number 1 ranking till they got spanked by Bama? I believe that's the last time UGA played Bama in the regular season.

Nothing quite like a Dawgs & Gators trash talking thread. For the Gators still here, you know Kirby has turned our Culture around, and that's the most important ingredient, bar none. We recruit differently, we practice differently, we prepare differently. He's greatly improved our facilities, how are the Gators coming along? And he's expanded the football and analyst staff by a large amount. We're very happy w/ back to back SEC appearances, and top 3 recruiting classes. Every year it's about positioning for the SEC title first, playoffs second, and we are there two years in a row, and it shows no signs of stopping. Actually hope Mullen does well for you so our game will get back to being competitive.

Nothing quite like a Dawgs & Gators trash talking thread. For the Gators still here, you know Kirby has turned our Culture around, and that's the most important ingredient, bar none. We recruit differently, we practice differently, we prepare differently. He's greatly improved our facilities, how are the Gators coming along? And he's expanded the football and analyst staff by a large amount. We're very happy w/ back to back SEC appearances, and top 3 recruiting classes. Every year it's about positioning for the SEC title first, playoffs second, and we are there two years in a row, and it shows no signs of stopping. Actually hope Mullen does well for you so our game will get back to being competitive.
Well let’s see we went from 4-8 to 9-3 in one year by changing the coach who is in the process of changing the culture, etc and in the top 10 in just his first season. I would say Mullen and UF is coming along very nicely.

Kirby Smart has lost to Butch Jones, Jim McElwain, and Ed Orgeron, and to Vanderbilt, lol. Dan Mullen is a far better coach than any of them, so let’s please not act like Kirby isn’t capable of losing to him. Mullen is a top notch coach and if you think he isn’t because he failed to win titles at the worst program historically in the SEC, you’re delusional. Dude in year one took Florida and produced an offense that was ranked in the 100’s the year before and got it ranked in the 40s, their best offensive year by far since 2009. Guy can coach, but please keep thinking that he can’t.

This is part of why older Gators will always say that UGa is our #1 rival (1942 is a big part as well). Our dominance the last 30 years muted the barking, letting our younger contingent perceive FSU as our #1 rival.

But I'm not worried. Beating the mutts is part of the natural order. It will be re-asserted soon enough, then they will crawl back into their kennels.
Might wanna go look at the all time record bud. And the delusion of Gator fans in this thread thread has my sides hurting from laughing. Know your role Gators. You’re second at best now in the East.

Might wanna go look at the all time record bud. And the delusion of Gator fans in this thread thread has my sides hurting from laughing. Know your role Gators. You’re second at best now in the East.

Texas leads the series with Oklahoma, too, yet I’m sure the Longhorns would gladly trade that for the titles the Sooners have over them.

Well let’s see we went from 4-8 to 9-3 in one year by changing the coach who is in the process of changing the culture, etc and in the top 10 in just his first season. I would say Mullen and UF is coming along very nicely.

With the most 'talented' team you will have for the foreseeable future. You're about to lose a lot of experience and 'talent'. Your last 3 recruiting classes have been trash and you still don't have a QB. You're in for a rude awakening. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

With the most 'talented' team you will have for the foreseeable future. You're about to lose a lot of experience and 'talent'. Your last 3 recruiting classes have been trash and you still don't have a QB. You're in for a rude awakening. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
Huh? Really? It was a team full of McElwain’s recruits. How could it get worse. Mullen just produced a major turnaround in 1 year. 5 more wins in just his 1st year. The same team that went 4-8 just went 9-3 because of great coaching. The talent is only going to get better. Your post makes absolutely no sense.

Some very entertaining delusions in this thread from gator fans. Get use to continuing to be blown out by Georgia, because it won’t stop anytime soon. 3 years from now when Mullins in 0-4 against Georgia and either gone or on the hot seat it will be fun to see what you have to say then.

I'm going to say wow you live in an alternate universe because in the next 3 years we will win at least 2.

You really have no clue. Second year of development and putting in the offensive and defensive schemes we will be at least as good next year as this, and likely better. And hopefully next year we won't have lost 3 secondary starters to injury for the Georgia game, which is the only reason you won this year.

I really don't care that your great grandpappy has bragging rights over my great grandpappy. In our lifetimes, it's a GATOR WORLD.

You will feel differently when we hop over you. And that will happen very soon.

LOL if you think Smart is a mediocre coach. He's an emerging coach who needs to learn game management and not to over coach but give me a break. Look at the development of talent on that team. Florida fans are the trashiest of the trash. Mullen looks like a wanna be mafia boss who talked too much trash for his own good. Blind squirrel beat that ass last year.

He is a mediocre coach.

Mullen had a 5 win turnaround while implementing an entirely new offensive and defensive scheme but yeah he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

I'm afraid it won't happen anytime soon. Cousin Eddie will be coaching elsewhere before your lizards ever beat UGA again. I see you guys have picked up your recruiting of late........y'all are only 10 spots behind Arkansas!:D

Wow he's leaving before next November? Crazy.

Oh friend, we have plenty of talent. And a guy who knows how to get the most out of it.

Might want to start researching new TV's now, you are going to throw your remote through yours at the end of our game next year.

Just continue living in your fantasy world....Typical....Dawgs own the SEC east, including you and will win it all next year...two years in a row of #1 recruiting....Kirby and the Dawgs are here to stay....There are three teams in the country at the top of the recruiting mountain, UGA, Bama and Clemson....Get used to being second level, because that is where you belong and will stay..... GO DAWGS!

One good recruiting class suddenly you own the East. Delusion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT