Totals:

Richt 32-8, 1 SEC title, 2 SECCG appearances
Kirby 32-9, 1 SEC title, 2 SECCG appearances

Bonus:

Record against Alabama:

Richt 2-0
Kirby 0-2
Incredible.

And Kirby hasn’t had to deal with a good Florida team...yet...

Not even a close comparison. Smart has this team ready to be a regular Championship contender from this point on. This was a young team and he gave Bama fits and they will be about the same as Bama as far as stacked talent starting next season. I hate the Dawgs but can look at what is going on a little objectively.

Not even a close comparison. Smart has this team ready to be a regular Championship contender from this point on. This was a young team and he gave Bama fits and they will be about the same as Bama as far as stacked talent starting next season. I hate the Dawgs but can look at what is going on a little objectively.

Objectively I see a team with pretty good talent and mediocre coaching. So pretty much the same as with Richt.

Objectively I see a team with pretty good talent and mediocre coaching. So pretty much the same as with Richt.

Not at all imo. We have to up our talent just to keep them from reeling off the East every year. They damn near won the whole thing last year. The main difference is Richt was owned in his own division by another team while Smart isn't so far.

I hope Smart starts falling apart but I remember all of us claiming he was trash after his first year and we see what has happened since in recruiting and on the field.

I hope Smart starts falling apart but I remember all of us claiming he was trash after his first year and we see what has happened since in recruiting and on the field.

Then you need to get your memory fixed, or just learn how to speak for only yourself. Your I / Us selector switch needs adjustment. o_O

Last edited:

How is it not a close comparison? If anything Richt’s first three years was more impressive because he inherited a far worse program. Kirby inherited a team that won 10 games the year before and was made up of three straight top 10 classes. UGA’s roster was/is stacked and just needed some retooling, this wasn’t some rebuild. Even Smart has said that. They had enough talent to hang with anybody the culture around the program just needed to change.

And please stop with this they’re young BS. They returned something like 14 starters from last year. Technically they’re young if you look at class distinction but the team is very experienced. For example Fromm is only a true sophomore so by definition he’s very young, but he’s already started 30 games which is 3 seasons worth of starts. So he isn’t ‘young.’

You seems to forget that Georgia won the SEC in 2005, Year Five under Richt. That was 2 SEC titles in his first five years for Richt, Kirby won't beat that and will be damn lucky to tie it.

The 2002 Georgia team was a beast, Pollack was better than anyone on their defense now, and Greene is on par with Fromm, if not better.

Like then, Georgia had the talent to beat teams, but the coaching often failed them. Same thing we see now, in fact Kirby isn't coaching to Richt's level so far. Kirby is a better recruiter, but Richt is a better coach.

Kirby will be gone in 3 years. Wait and see.

Reactions: UGArsenal3
It's a crime how you own this team mentally. You could spot them 3 tds. and bring back McElroy as your quarterback and still beat them.

Kirby coaches like he's trying to prove himself to daddy. Look at last night, Kirby clearly sold this game to his team as their chance to get revenge on Bama. They were sky high to beat Bama and had a huge chip on their shoulder about it. He sold it to his team as let's kick their ass and MAKE UP for last year.

But when Bama started coming back, the team just folded. Because the ass-kicking was melting away, so they felt like they couldn't make good on the ass kicking.

Kirby SHOULD have sold the game to his team as "We win this game, we are in the playoffs". That's it. But again, he needed to prove himself to daddy. You could even hear it in his postgame comments.

I don't think he's going to last long at Athens. I thought he could before last night, but I doubt it now.

You seems to forget that Georgia won the SEC in 2005, Year Five under Richt. That was 2 SEC titles in his first five years for Richt, Kirby won't beat that and will be damn lucky to tie it.

The 2002 Georgia team was a beast, Pollack was better than anyone on their defense now, and Greene is on par with Fromm, if not better.

Like then, Georgia had the talent to beat teams, but the coaching often failed them. Same thing we see now, in fact Kirby isn't coaching to Richt's level so far. Kirby is a better recruiter, but Richt is a better coach.

Kirby will be gone in 3 years. Wait and see.

He won it his 2nd year also I think but it was because we had some upsets that year. Richt was mostly owned by a team in his own division for a while.

Then you need to get your memory fixed, or just learn how to speak for only yourself. Your I / Us selector switch needs adjustment. o_O

lol You certainly said he was a joke just like the rest of us did after that first year or at least were saying we would own them with him there.

Kirby coaches like he's trying to prove himself to daddy. Look at last night, Kirby clearly sold this game to his team as their chance to get revenge on Bama. They were sky high to beat Bama and had a huge chip on their shoulder about it. He sold it to his team as let's kick their ass and MAKE UP for last year.

But when Bama started coming back, the team just folded. Because the ass-kicking was melting away, so they felt like they couldn't make good on the ass kicking.

Kirby SHOULD have sold the game to his team as "We win this game, we are in the playoffs". That's it. But again, he needed to prove himself to daddy. You could even hear it in his postgame comments.

I don't think he's going to last long at Athens. I thought he could before last night, but I doubt it now.

I think he’ll last for awhile, much like richt did, but I think they will start falling back to the rest of the pack pretty soon, and recruiting will start to get a little less spectacular as well. He really got a very good situation with recruiting as we were down, as was Tennessee and their typical rivals. Selling uga his first couple seasons was a no brainer. I expect we will start signing elite classes very soon, as will Tennessee and I imagine richt will start to take some from Georgia as well. You will also have those kids who are afraid of competition and having to go to class and not break the law who will go to f$u. But uga has had a couple years with not a lot of competition in recruiting and they’ve stacked up some talent. They can probably get one more year of elite play on their roster alone before some teams start to catch up to them. I’ve not seen anything smart has done that shows he can out scheme anyone, or make in game adjustments that can win them a game. That has cost them twice against bama, as well as auburn and LSU. If we get to the point where we are close to them on the talent level, I feel a or better about Mullen on our sideline than I think they have to feel about smart.

I think he’ll last for awhile, much like richt did, but I think they will start falling back to the rest of the pack pretty soon, and recruiting will start to get a little less spectacular as well. He really got a very good situation with recruiting as we were down, as was Tennessee and their typical rivals. Selling uga his first couple seasons was a no brainer. I expect we will start signing elite classes very soon, as will Tennessee and I imagine richt will start to take some from Georgia as well. You will also have those kids who are afraid of competition and having to go to class and not break the law who will go to f$u. But uga has had a couple years with not a lot of competition in recruiting and they’ve stacked up some talent. They can probably get one more year of elite play on their roster alone before some teams start to catch up to them. I’ve not seen anything smart has done that shows he can out scheme anyone, or make in game adjustments that can win them a game. That has cost them twice against bama, as well as auburn and LSU. If we get to the point where we are close to them on the talent level, I feel a or better about Mullen on our sideline than I think they have to feel about smart.
You're going to be very disappointed.
Sit back and watch how we close on recruiting this year. We'll be neck and neck with Bama for number one class. 2020 class may even be better.

Richt:

Year 1 - 8-4
Year 2 - 13-1, wins the SEC
Year 3 - 11-3, SEC runnerup

Kirby:

Year 1 - 8-5
Year 2 - 13-2, wins the SEC
Year 3 - 11-2, SEC runnerup

Totals:

Richt 32-8, 1 SEC title, 2 SECCG appearances
Kirby 32-9, 1 SEC title, 2 SECCG appearances

Bonus:

Record against Alabama:

Richt 2-0
Kirby 0-2
Kirby is living rent free in your mind. LOL

You're going to be very disappointed.
Sit back and watch how we close on recruiting this year. We'll be neck and neck with Bama for number one class. 2020 class may even be better.

Oh, I have no doubt you’ll continue to do very well in recruiting. You guys have a lot of momentum and had a very good year. Uga has always been able to recruit pretty well. I do think that you guys, along with f$u and a few other schools, really benefited from the mushchamp/mcelwain fiasco and I think that was one reason your classes have been off the charts. Not the only reason of course. Kirby is a hell of a recruiter, and I’m sure you guys will continue to get yours. I do think there were probably a few guys in the past few classes for you that might have been a battle if we didn’t suck so bad. I think what you’re going to see is us start to pull even talent-wise, and this will be a rivalry again.

Reactions: olivertr
lol You certainly said he was a joke just like the rest of us did after that first year or at least were saying we would own them with him there.

Link please, I'm calling BS on you,,, and not for the 1st time either... :cool:

Did Richt bring in the kind of recruiting classes that Kirby has? Also, back then Alabama wasn’t what they are now.
Not even close.

Kirby’s first full year (2017 class) was much better than Richts best class (based on points). The formula has changed but not significantly.

Last years class for Kirby was wayyyyy better than Richts best. This year will be the same.

Also, Richt had a better roster coming in than Kirby did. The 10 wins in 2015 were an absolute mirage. The team lost to every decent opponent (many in blowouts). It was just an easy schedule. Richts roster for Donnan was filled with NFL talent, especially on defense.

Kirby has some things to work out, no doubt, but calling him a flash in the pan due to losing to Bama in heartbreaking fashion seems very short-sighted.

Is anyone doing well against Bama lately? I must have missed that.

UGA is in much better shape now than it ever was under Richt.

Sorry someone linked to this post and had to correct a few things.

The most insecure fan base in the country showing their ass again. Y’all turned into ‘Bama East’ yet or does Kirby need a hundred more 5-star recruits to stop being a dumbass and losing his team games?

He needs all the 5 stars he can get to make up for all his dumb calls and fake punts.

One thing is for certain: Mullen would have never called that hideously bad fake punt. He learned from the best in Urban Meyer who was and is a special teams genius. That Kirby fake punt was almost as bad as that Colts one against the Pats years ago.

One thing is for certain: Mullen would have never called that hideously bad fake punt. He learned from the best in Urban Meyer who was and is a special teams genius. That Kirby fake punt was almost as bad as that Colts one against the Pats years ago.

Well, we did fake punt in under Meyer and Mullen in side our 20 I believe, in their first bowl game...against Iowa.

Pretty good?lol We signed 8 five star recruits last year. May sign as many 4-5 this cycle. We've never recruited at this level. Ever. Wake me up when Cousin Eddie breaks the top 10 in recruiting. Going to be a long nap.

First step in the greatest recruiting class bust in history.

Pretty good?lol We signed 8 five star recruits last year. May sign as many 4-5 this cycle. We've never recruited at this level. Ever. Wake me up when Cousin Eddie breaks the top 10 in recruiting. Going to be a long nap.

Pretty good, if you're willing to take the outsider ranking service's word on it. :confused:

But tell me, how are you going to get Saban to come over and coach them up for you??? :oops:

Reactions: wrmsprngsdawg
You guys are in denial. Hey, I get it. I don't blame you. It's tough to accept. :D

You guys get a two game win streak, the longest in thirty years for you, and you get an overinflated sense of worth. I get it. Your inferiority to the mighty Gators has been tough to accept.

Reactions: ih8f$u
We don’t need them to drop to compete with them. People are acting like UGA just started having stacked rosters. At one point towards the end of Richt’s tenure they had more players in the NFL than anybody, ahead of teams like Bama, LSU, and UF. They’ve ALWAYS had talent so for all Kirby’s great recruiting I doubt he does a whole lot better than having the most players in the NFL.

The problem isn’t them having a lot of talents, it’s us not having the amount of talent than we should have. Recruit like we’re supposed to and we’ll be fine. Some of y’all are scared of your own shadows probably.

And btw for the insecure UGA trolls, the thread was started by a Bama fan. Dumbasses.

Reactions: ih8f$u
If Georgia Tech could start recruiting it would naturally weaken UGA. Not by a wide margin but there is plenty of talent in Georgia and UGA has no real in state threat. It is comical hearing UGA fans talk about recruiting is finally picking up as if Richt wasn’t regularly pulling in top 10 classes and sending talent to the NFL. He used to kick his #1 RB off the team and replace him like changing a spark plug in an engine. Eason was the #1 qb Matthew Stafford came out of Texas. Kirby’s defense last year was built around Richt recruits and Ledbetter was a Richt guy. Richt started out great and would have had his early teams in four team playoffs just like Kirby is doing.

Imagine UF or FSU without any in state rivals to compete with for recruits. It’s the luxury UGA has had under Richt and Kirby.

Reactions: sjsctt
If Georgia Tech could start recruiting it would naturally weaken UGA. Not by a wide margin but there is plenty of talent in Georgia and UGA has no real in state threat. It is comical hearing UGA fans talk about recruiting is finally picking up as if Richt wasn’t regularly pulling in top 10 classes and sending talent to the NFL. He used to kick his #1 RB off the team and replace him like changing a spark plug in an engine. Eason was the #1 qb Matthew Stafford came out of Texas. Kirby’s defense last year was built around Richt recruits and Ledbetter was a Richt guy. Richt started out great and would have had his early teams in four team playoffs just like Kirby is doing.

Imagine UF or FSU without any in state rivals to compete with for recruits. It’s the luxury UGA has had under Richt and Kirby.
Georgia has threats all over the country for recruits. Tech matters not and never will. Clemson, Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, hell the whole SEC plus Meatchokin, Ohio St, Penn St, and plenty of others.

Georgia has threats all over the country for recruits. Tech matters not and never will. Clemson, Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, hell the whole SEC plus Meatchokin, Ohio St, Penn St, and plenty of others.
Exactly. Thank you. Georgia Tech provides no additional threat to kids that want to stay in state and play. All those teams you mentioned send their best recruiters to Florida. Miami, FSU, UF have to compete with each other and the rest of the country’s best. Richt never had a recruiting problem like your fanbase constantly eludes to. If Georgia Tech ever takes football seriously you will have problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT