ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ Tennessee...

200w.gif
being a Gator fan be like….

Reactions: Gator Fever
The defensive review will be brutal. My guess is coaches doing dumb crap with DBs and edge rushers and LBs lacking discipline as usual.

Probably wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome, but I think Napier made some in0game mistakes. On the first drive, kick the field goal and take a lead on the road. Late in the 2nd quarter, when you only have 1 timeout left and UT is backed up deep with a 3rd and 10 and letting the clock run, don't call a timeout. They converted on the next play and used their 3 timeouts to drive down the field in under 90 seconds and take a halftime lead. Also, when you have a chance to cut the deficit to 10 by kicking an extra point with 6 minutes left in the game, don't go for two.
Overall, the offense played well, but our defense absolutely sucks - and there's no Todd Grantham to blame!

Last edited:
Curious to see what happened with the DBs. These were the same starters from last seasons game. Wouldn't be surprised if coaches weren't adapting to what was happening in addition to the DBs being lost on some plays.

Napier made some in game mistakes. On the first drive, kick the field goal and take a lead on the road. Late in the 2nd quarter, when you only have 1 timeout left and UT is backed up deep with a 3rd and 10 and letting the clock run, don't call a timeout. When you have a chance to cut the deficit to 10 by kicking an extra point with 6 minutes left in the game, don't go for two.
Ocala,
Total agreement !

But It was obvious our defense was overmatched & I think we converted 4 of 5 4th down plays we had to try because we couldn't stop them.

Curious to see what happened with the DBs. These were the same starters from last seasons game. Wouldn't be surprised if coaches weren't adapting to what was happening in addition to the DBs being lost on some plays.Fever,,
Fever,

With

Corey Raymond on staff,​

We are still DBU right ?

Think we can sell Cormani McClain on early playing time ?

I’m numb though, God, why cant we finally be balanced on both sides of the ball instead of leaving us with 0 fingernails left EVERY GAME? I realize you gave us Tebow with a great defense but it’s been well over a decade. Help us God..

• Haha
I’m numb though, God, why cant we finally be balanced on both sides of the ball instead of leaving us with 0 fingernails left EVERY GAME? I realize you gave us Tebow with a great defense but it’s been well over a decade. Help us God..

Yep just was messing with us with Trask and the LSU game.

Some people are claiming Dean was not picking up his responsibily quite a few times in this game.

ESPN college football half game show just threw Billy under the bus for not kicking the field goal early and going for 2 twice.

ESPN college football half game show just threw Billy under the bus for not kicking the field goal early and going for 2 twice.
Tebow,

At 1st I felt the same anger; especially with the 1st FG opportunity - but upon further review, I cooled off & I think Napier realized our defense just couldn't stop them; he really had no choice - he had to go for broke on every offensive series to try to stay in the game.

Trading FGs for TDs won't win many games.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Although in hindsight coach missed a couple of calls on the FG and 2 pt. conversions. He did everything possible to keep the offense on the field. It took some stones to go for those 4th downs in your own territory early on.

If you make that then you could try a field goal the last 7 seconds of the game
Tebow,

See your point; but as always hindsight is 20/20.

If you could know then what you know now your decision process is always better.

How could Napier know that AR & our offense would give him those OPPORTUNITIES ?

Last edited:
Tebow,

See your point; but as always hindsight is 20/20.

If you could know then what you know now your decision process is always better.

How could Napier know that AR & our offense would give him those OPPORTUNITIES ?
You never ever pass up on points and I mean never ever. Like I said earlier, Heupel took the the 3 early on cause he knows points are a premium in the SEC. Whatever that junior high league that Napier came from might be different cause all those teams suck. And then on the second 2 point conversion you are trying to cut the game to 9. NO points chart ever says get the game to 9. And I much rather trade a FG for a 0.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Curious to see what happened with the DBs. These were the same starters from last seasons game.
Fever,

Tenn has what looks like a Spurrier roster - 14 WRs.
FWIW - I like the way Yahoo Sports break their roster down by position groups. https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ttd/roster/

Think you are right about our DBs; but what about Tenn's WR - are they the same ?

Bru McCoy - didn't play for UT last year - 2019 5* WR from Palos Verdes Estates, CA - multiple transfers & had to sit out for a year.

but he exploded in today's game

McCoy
YTD- 8 REC - 109 yds - 1 TD - 13.6 YPC
UF game - 5 REC - 102 yds - 1 TD - 20.4 YPC

We couldn't cover him.

AR did his part but NOONE else did

Wrs did good. They not only got separation, but made some great catches. The d-line was serviceable.

This game was lost by the coaches and almost non-existant secondary.

Lots of people, even non-florida people, are pointing out the obvious coaching blunder in the first half with the field goal.....but nearly all game long there was a coaching blunder or something that reflected badly on the staff. .

Whether it be about time-outs, predictable play-calling, players just "lost", etc....AR 15 and the offense couldnt overcome UT, our own so-called secondary, and Napier and coaching staff.

AR and the offense deserves a lot of praise to step up in this game....and its à shame that they didn't get much help. This game aggrivated me just as much, if not more, than à Mullen and Grantham game.

This was a very winnable game.

Although in hindsight coach missed a couple of calls on the FG and 2 pt. conversions. He did everything possible to keep the offense on the field. It took some stones to go for those 4th downs in your own territory early on.

Took some stones to go for it on 4th early on? But thats not necessarily a good thing. Thats exactly the catalyst why the UGA game got out of hand last year with Mullen trying to be cute and going for it on 4th down and 14 about a minute from half time.

.....sure, a few coaches can reliably do that with a good chance of success, but even when Les Miles did it, he needed to rely on trickery(which we didn't do).

Took some stones to go for it on 4th early on? But thats not necessarily a good thing. Thats exactly the catalyst why the UGA game got out of hand last year with Mullen trying to be cute and going for it on 4th down and 14 about a minute from half time.

.....sure, a few coaches can reliably do that with a good chance of success, but even when Les Miles did it, he needed to rely on trickery(which we didn't do).
It worked well tonight. As a rule of thumb. Obviously you don't want to go for it a lot on 4th down but we had no chance of stopping those guys when they got rolling. I didn't like going for it when we were inside the 30 and the fourth quarter but it ended up working out. Have we punted those guys are going to score? Touchdown.

It worked well tonight. As a rule of thumb. Obviously you don't want to go for it a lot on 4th down but we had no chance of stopping those guys when they got rolling. I didn't like going for it when we were inside the 30 and the fourth quarter but it ended up working out. Have we punted those guys are going to score? Touchdown.

How does giving up à garunteed fieldgoal at the 20 yard line(which would have been very influential later in the game) by going for it on 4th down work out well for UF?

Hindsight is 20/20, but even when it happened people were calling it out. At this time there was no garuntee that UT would have an offense that couldn't be stopped. UT played two of the creamiest cream puffs and an average Pitt team. It wasn't like we were facing off against à known offensive juggernaught.

Napier made some really bad decisions, and also made a couple of gutsy calls. AR played amazing. Vols D is not very good but they have a veteran offensive line. We hung with them. Let's see how the season plays out.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Hmm "Scared Money Don't Make Money" but "Scared Coach Make Bad Decisions"

Let's not forget the non-moving statue offensive line play on third down while the play was active.

We laughed....à lot....when FSU did it years ago. Now here we are....

Even the announcers were calling the play half-baked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT