ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ Tennessee...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

* Team talent index: Gators # 12, Tennessee #19
* Composite Blue Chip 4 and 5 star recruits: Gators 46, Tennessee 26 - The Gators have 77% more recruited high school blue chippers than Tennessee

Total Offense:
Tennessee #3 (554 yards/game), Gators #97 (353 yards/game)
Scoring: Tennessee #3 (52 pts/game), Gators #96 (25 pts/game)
Passing Offense: Tennessee #5 (371 yards/game), Gators #121 (141 yards/game)
Yards per completion: Tennessee (15 yards per completion), Gators (10 yards per completion)
* Rushing Offense: Gators #32 (212 yards/game), Tennessee #56 (182 yards/game)

Total Defense: Tennessee #51 (345 yards/game) , Gators #77 (373 yards/game)
Scoring: Tennessee #24 (14 pts/game), Gators #76 (27 pts/game)
* Pass Efficiency Defense: Gators #27, Tennessee #37
Rushing Defense: Tennessee #19 (83 yards/game), Gators #113 (195 yards/game)

Tennessee is right at the top when it comes to plays per game with that hurry up offense they run. Their 15 yards per pass completion is tops in the SEC.

468255-f67b20622017420eab0a73c938ea6a7e.jpg

ESPN gives us a 12.6% chance to win this game. I think I heard the line was about Tennessee by 7 pts at some betting site.

Fever,

Your thoughts & research worthy of a NEW THREAD !

LOL

Thanks

Now with all you have found out - how would you bet this game ?

Will the Gators travel to Knoxville & in front of 101,00 Vol fans win the game Straight Up ?

According to oddsShark -
Tennessee will Win (38-30), Florida will Cover (UF +9 1/2), and the Total will go Over (63 1/2).
https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/florida-tennessee-odds-september-24-2022-1634121

Last edited:
Josh Heupel is an excellent offensive coach. They snap the ball faster than any team in D1 and unless the Gators can control the ball our defense will be out of gas the latter part of both halves.

Your thoughts & research worthy of a NEW THREAD !

LOL

Thanks

Now with all you have found out - how would bet this game ?

Will the Gators travel to Knoxville & in front of 101,00 Vol fans win the game Straight Up ?

According to oddsShark -
Tennessee (38) will Win, Florida (30) will Cover (UF -9 1/2), and the Total will go Over (63 1/2).
https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/florida-tennessee-odds-september-24-2022-1634121

You need to have more faith. Richardson shouldn't be as tight playing on the road (won't be worrying about looking good to his hometown crowd) and he has already dealt with a large hostile road crowd so he has some experience with dealing with the noise.

Also the 2 things you have to do to beat a team like Tennessee when you can't match that passing attack is run the ball well and run the clock while playing good efficient pass defense both of which we are much better at than Tennessee. Tennessee doesn't have the overall talent we have. If Napier designs a game plan to run the ball a lot, utilize Richardson's legs more and to keep him relaxed with high % safe efficient passes we can beat Tennessee.

Look…here’s the deal…it’s going to be a tough game in Knoxville…it always is…

those hillbillies will pack that place and will be jacked up on testosterone and moonshine…

Florida could totally lose…

But there will come a bizarre moment in the game when the Vols will present the game to Florida on a platter…it always happens…EVERY SINGLE TIME…you will know it when you see it…the question is…will Florida take it?…

they will this year…

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
You need to have more faith. Richardson shouldn't be as tight playing on the road (won't be worrying about looking good to his hometown crowd) and he has already dealt with a large hostile road crowd so he has some experience with dealing with the noise.

Also the 2 things you have to do to beat a team like Tennessee when you can't match that passing attack is run the ball well and run the clock while playing good efficient pass defense both of which we are much better at than Tennessee. Tennessee doesn't have the overall talent we have. If Napier designs a game plan to run the ball a lot, utilize Richardson's legs more and to keep him relaxed with high % safe efficient passes we can beat Tennessee.
Through my time-warp telescope, what I see is this:

Tennis-sea will load the box plus put a spy on AR and DARE AR to throw the ball.

Gloom - Despair - Pain and Agony.....

Depth chart not out yet but it sounds like most people think Miller will be out again. Well at least James and Williams got to play against USF to expose a lot of their mistakes in the run game before facing Tennessee.

Depth chart not out yet but it sounds like most people think Miller will be out again. Well at least James and Williams got to play against USF to expose a lot of their mistakes in the run game before facing Tennessee.
The main thing I saw on defense, other than our front guys getting pushed backwards, was that guys were not staying in their lanes, overreacted to play fakes and continually got out of position. The linebackers did this almost every play and as good a player as Cox is, especially at rushing the QB, he overshoots his gap way too often instead of playing contain. USF regularly got big chunks on misdirection and we never adjusted.

The main thing I saw on defense, other than our front guys getting pushed backwards, was that guys were not staying in their lanes, overreacted to play fakes and continually got out of position. The linebackers did this almost every play and as good a player as Cox is, especially at rushing the QB, he overshoots his gap way too often instead of playing contain. USF regularly got big chunks on misdirection and we never adjusted.

I haven't watched any of it again yet but may watch that one guys video where he breaks a lot of the issues down.

Below players are out against Tennessee. Miller is listed as questionable and I don't think he is listed on the depth chart so I would lean to him probably not playing.
  • QB Jack Miller III - upper body (thumb)
  • TE Arlis Boardingham - upper body
  • OT Michael Tarquin - lower body
  • OT David Conner - upper body (thumb)
  • LS Marco Ortiz - upper body

Just watched a breakdown of some of the bad defensive plays in that S FL game and it was really bad against the run. Edge defenders constantly not doing their job and the new LBs and Burney being lost many times. Powell was totally lost on a couple of plays and they used Cox aggressiveness and lack of discipline on a few plays against us. Cox besides those plays was really covering some ground though making tackles clear on the other side of the field a couple of times. They even ran that LSU counter and we got burned but luckily they didnt stick to that all night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT