ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly

Were these describing MatchesMalone or one of your other aliases?

"most Obsessed Loser of All Time"

"Someone like Ghost obviously has some kind of psychological issue. He feeds on negative feedback. He is childish at best and seems to be heading the way of Harvey Updike."

sadgator wonders what school Homo S is really a fan of. It would be interesting to know.
#1 first and foremost, University of Florida.
Also pull for South Carolina, Valdosta State and Charleston Southern.
But, make no mistake about it, when my gators play one of the above in any sport, it's all gator.

Is this list even serious?

I was cool with the potential hires of Norvell, Fuente, and Morris. However you summer recruit followers would be crying the same cry right now. They are more talent evaluators and developers than they are 5 star chasers. Same probably said about Dave Doeren.

Taggart and Strong may be just as good or better than Mullen. The case will be made the next few years between Tagg/Mull. Strong already failed at a big school with a big budget.

Matt Campbell had a huge buyout or something didn't he?

A list that included Les Miles who failed at a big school with a big budget and David Cutcliffe is laughable.

You really wanted our search to be like UT's didn't you?

I’m not sure you could say les miles failed at LSU. I have to admit I thought he was a clown for a while but I grew to kind of like and respect him. But didn’t he average, like, 10 wins a season, not to mention NCs? He got run bc LSU has such a hard on for Saban and he couldn’t consistently beat them. I think he would have been an interesting hire. He might be just a tick old to start over at a new place but you can bet everything you own that he would have sold his soul if he could have had a shot at bama.

I think we would have all been cool with taking a run at Fuente, but honestly after Frost and Kelly the list of coaches that are more attractive than Mullen got really short. I think stoops would have gotten the fan base fired up but everyone else would have brought the same doom and gloom era we see now.

I’m not sure you could say les miles failed at LSU. I have to admit I thought he was a clown for a while but I grew to kind of like and respect him. But didn’t he average, like, 10 wins a season, not to mention NCs? He got run bc LSU has such a hard on for Saban and he couldn’t consistently beat them. I think he would have been an interesting hire. He might be just a tick old to start over at a new place but you can bet everything you own that he would have sold his soul if he could have had a shot at bama.

I think we would have all been cool with taking a run at Fuente, but honestly after Frost and Kelly the list of coaches that are more attractive than Mullen got really short. I think stoops would have gotten the fan base fired up but everyone else would have brought the same doom and gloom era we see now.
Les definitely could recruit. Les could never find a great QB or offense. Same story Florida has had since Mullen left as OC to be HC at MSU. Averaging 10 wins a year would be nice but it wouldn't set too well with some Florida fans. It's too Mark Richt ish. Les got lucky that all other teams choked the year he won his NC. He made it to another title game but got dominated. I am curious as to what Les could've done at a program like MSU.

Fuente is a good developer of talent. Fuente has an eye for players that will buy into his philosophy and can be developed. ^Norvell basically is the same in this aspect so far* However Fever and all other summer refruiting followers would be fussing the same fuss. Fuente ain't getting rosters full of 5 stars.

s his 2nd choice.
Les definitely could recruit.

Leslie's problem was laziness. He simply refused to recruit any kid who didn't have LSU as his leader. If he had to get on a plane to recruit a kid in Atlanta who was torn between LSU and Georgia, he would let Georgia have him. That's a big reason why Saban stole so many Louisiana kids from LSU, because Miles wouldn't fight for them. Good example is Cam Robinson a few years ago. 5-star, top player in the state of Louisiana. LSU was on him hard early on when he named LSU as leader. Then Saban started recruiting him and he was torn between LSU and Bama. When the kid told Miles that he was looking hard at Alabama, Miles told him that if he was going to look at Bama, LSU was moving on, and they did. Miles ended up replacing him with a 3-star OT who never contributed to the team. Saban went on to win a NC with Robinson.

Look at LSU's commit lists under Miles: 90% of the commits come from Louisiana (BR and NO) and East Texas. He recruited and signed lifelong LSU fans. LSU could and SHOULD have had a much larger recruiting footprint, but Miles wouldn't work for it.

That's one reason why I chuckled at the secretary saying Florida should have hired Miles before Mullen. If you had hired Miles then the only recruits from the state Miles would have signed would have been lifelong Florida fans who never considered another team. Any coach could get you those recruits.

s his 2nd choice.

Leslie's problem was laziness. He simply refused to recruit any kid who didn't have LSU as his leader. If he had to get on a plane to recruit a kid in Atlanta who was torn between LSU and Georgia, he would let Georgia have him. That's a big reason why Saban stole so many Louisiana kids from LSU, because Miles wouldn't fight for them. Good example is Cam Robinson a few years ago. 5-star, top player in the state of Louisiana. LSU was on him hard early on when he named LSU as leader. Then Saban started recruiting him and he was torn between LSU and Bama. When the kid told Miles that he was looking hard at Alabama, Miles told him that if he was going to look at Bama, LSU was moving on, and they did. Miles ended up replacing him with a 3-star OT who never contributed to the team. Saban went on to win a NC with Robinson.

Look at LSU's commit lists under Miles: 90% of the commits come from Louisiana (BR and NO) and East Texas. He recruited and signed lifelong LSU fans. LSU could and SHOULD have had a much larger recruiting footprint, but Miles wouldn't work for it.

That's one reason why I chuckled at the secretary saying Florida should have hired Miles before Mullen. If you had hired Miles then the only recruits from the state Miles would have signed would have been lifelong Florida fans who never considered another team. Any coach could get you those recruits.

I think you aren't giving his recruiting enough credit. Besides that area right around him Miles usually got 2 to 4 highly ranked players from Florida and/or Georgia most years. Of course LSU was going to have Louisiana mostly locked down. Bama was about the only SEC team consistently out recruiting Miles some starting in about 2008.

He's already tried to compare Mullen to a CFHOF coach in Spurrier and now is trying with Miles. Before Spurrier got to UF as a HC, he already had won a conference championship with a nobody (Duke), had a professional HC position and was known as an offensive genius and not to mention played in the NFL, won the Heisman. None of these things Mullen can compete with today. Miles won a NC, SEC, SEC West titles, excellent reputation for player development and sending players to the NFL. Mullen's resume doesn't compete with Miles in any way shape or form. The only thing Mullen has on Miles is his youth. Gerbil-Boy has tons of opinions and you know they say, opinions are like a-holes, but this dingle-berry is like an a-hole sieve that leaks tons of fecal matter. He is definitely an Alabama grad.

I think you aren't giving his recruiting enough credit. Besides that area right around him Miles usually got 2 to 4 highly ranked players from Florida and/or Georgia most years. Of course LSU was going to have Louisiana mostly locked down. Bama was about the only SEC team consistently out recruiting Miles some starting in about 2008.

Miles is a great recruiter, it's his work ethic that sucks.

Another example: When Saban ccame to LSU in 2000, one of the out of state areas he focused on was Mobile. He sucked up most of the top players from the area from both Alabama and aubarn. When Leslie took over, he kept that up.....UNTIL Saban came to Alabama, then he started hitting Mobile hard.

Leslie left the area as soon as he did. If he had to fight for a recruit, he wouldn't.

Les Miles is highly overrated. He had the entire state of Louisiana all to himself. There’s not one other big university in the entire state. It is a state that is probably in the top 3 in producing football talent.

Hasn’t Mike Gundy done better at Okie State than what Miles did at Okie St?

Sorry I wouldn’t take Miles over Mullen. No way!

Miles is a great recruiter, it's his work ethic that sucks.

Another example: When Saban ccame to LSU in 2000, one of the out of state areas he focused on was Mobile. He sucked up most of the top players from the area from both Alabama and aubarn. When Leslie took over, he kept that up.....UNTIL Saban came to Alabama, then he started hitting Mobile hard.

Leslie left the area as soon as he did. If he had to fight for a recruit, he wouldn't.

I only see Saban getting 2 players from AL in a 3 year recruiting span (02-04) right before he went to Miami - when he was killing it in recruiting at LSU.

Les Miles is highly overrated. He had the entire state of Louisiana all to himself. There’s not one other big university in the entire state. It is a state that is probably in the top 3 in producing football talent.

Hasn’t Mike Gundy done better at Okie State than what Miles did at Okie St?

Sorry I wouldn’t take Miles over Mullen. No way!

They do have a nice setup where they are the only big program in a good state for producing players but Miles still got quite a few good ones out of state. His problem was they never had a good passing game usually which was probably self inflicted to a big extent.

I only see Saban getting 2 players from AL in a 3 year recruiting span (02-04) right before he went to Miami - when he was killing it in recruiting at LSU.

2007 - Les got Phelon Jones and Sidell Corley from Mobile. Both Top 100 players, and he literally had to promise a certain number of snaps a game to Corley in order to get his commit.

2004 - Saban got 3-star Chevis Jackson from Mobile, I believe he ended up being All-SEC.

2003 - Saban got 4-star Jamarcus Russell, a Top 100 player.

Saban shut Leslie out of Mobile starting with the 2008 class. Here's some of the studs Saban got from the Mobile area:

2008 - 5-star Julio Jones, 5-star Burton Scott, 4-star Robert Lester, 4-star Glenn Harbin, 4-star Mark Barron, 4-star Destin Hood

2009 - 5-star DJ Fluker, 4-star AJ McCarron

Miles never challenged for any of them.

He's already tried to compare Mullen to a CFHOF coach in Spurrier and now is trying with Miles. Before Spurrier got to UF as a HC, he already had won a conference championship with a nobody (Duke), had a professional HC position and was known as an offensive genius and not to mention played in the NFL, won the Heisman. None of these things Mullen can compete with today. Miles won a NC, SEC, SEC West titles, excellent reputation for player development and sending players to the NFL. Mullen's resume doesn't compete with Miles in any way shape or form. The only thing Mullen has on Miles is his youth. Gerbil-Boy has tons of opinions and you know they say, opinions are like a-holes, but this dingle-berry is like an a-hole sieve that leaks tons of fecal matter. He is definitely an Alabama grad.

LOL@ Miles ‘developing’ anybody. He was hot garbage as a coach, LSU won in spite of him and his game day blunders for years. And while you’re giving him credit for all those accomplishments you conveniently left out that he inherited a program a year removed from winning a championship, he didn’t build anything, he inherited a top program. Even the year they won a title he somehow managed to lose two games with that roster and could have lost more, they got lucky it was a down year for college football as they were the first 2-loss champion in decades. If they’d have kept him he’d have run the program into the ground.

LOL@ Miles ‘developing’ anybody. He was hot garbage as a coach, LSU won in spite of him and his game day blunders for years. And while you’re giving him credit for all those accomplishments you conveniently left out that he inherited a program a year removed from winning a championship, he didn’t build anything, he inherited a top program. Even the year they won a title he somehow managed to lose two games with that roster and could have lost more, they got lucky it was a down year for college football as they were the first 2-loss champion in decades. If they’d have kept him he’d have run the program into the ground.
http://lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174019

The man put tons of talent intothe NFL. Say what you will, but there is no denying his resume is impressive, much more than Mullen. Yes, he inherited a program that had recently won a NC, but you look at what he did post-Saban players and impressive still. The man garners quite a bit of respect from his peers and for good reason. Could/Should he have done more? Absolutely. The same could be said about a number of top coaches from around the country over the years. But, don't deny what he did.

2007 - Les got Phelon Jones and Sidell Corley from Mobile. Both Top 100 players, and he literally had to promise a certain number of snaps a game to Corley in order to get his commit.

2004 - Saban got 3-star Chevis Jackson from Mobile, I believe he ended up being All-SEC.

2003 - Saban got 4-star Jamarcus Russell, a Top 100 player.

Saban shut Leslie out of Mobile starting with the 2008 class. Here's some of the studs Saban got from the Mobile area:

2008 - 5-star Julio Jones, 5-star Burton Scott, 4-star Robert Lester, 4-star Glenn Harbin, 4-star Mark Barron, 4-star Destin Hood

2009 - 5-star DJ Fluker, 4-star AJ McCarron

Miles never challenged for any of them.

Ok but Saban himself was hardly getting anything out of there either while at LSU. Saban is probably the best recruiter there has ever been but Miles was right under him in that department. If Smart keeps it up he may give Saban a run for his money in that department.

Ok but Saban himself was hardly getting anything out of there either while at LSU. Saban is probably the best recruiter there has ever been but Miles was right under him in that department. If Smart keeps it up he may give Saban a run for his money in that department.
Agreed. Saban is the GOAT in all aspects of the college game. Of course, he has tons of money behind him that helps. Problem is Les kept getting compared to Alabama and Saban. Saban owns the college scene hands down.

He is 64 and I can give you 9 million reasons why.

Nope. He's sitting at home cause no one wants him

Kifin was paid $2.5 M in 2015 from USC. But he still worked for Bama, and got another $700k from the Tide.

Cause he was a good coach. Less is not, which is why he is sitting at home and why you thought he should have been hired before Mullen.

Bless your heart.

LOL@ Miles ‘developing’ anybody. He was hot garbage as a coach, LSU won in spite of him and his game day blunders for years.

All of this. Less did nothing to develop his younger players, he always let the starters have 95% of the snaps, then when they became seniors, he would start rotating the youngsters in during blowouts.

That would bite him every 2-3 seasons when LSU would have a run of juniors to declare for the draft, because suddenly the freshmen would be elevated to starting, with no playing time under their belts, thanks to Less' mismanagement of the roster.

http://lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174019

The man put tons of talent intothe NFL. Say what you will, but there is no denying his resume is impressive, much more than Mullen. Yes, he inherited a program that had recently won a NC, but you look at what he did post-Saban players and impressive still. The man garners quite a bit of respect from his peers and for good reason. Could/Should he have done more? Absolutely. The same could be said about a number of top coaches from around the country over the years. But, don't deny what he did.

That’s a product of recruiting, not coaching. LSU got some of the best athletes in the country yearly and did nothing with them. For example, most people are surprised to know they have more players in the NFL than Alabama yet what do they have to show for it? How many division titles? Conference titles? National titles? Miles is and has been a joke of a game day coach. Oklahoma St. got better after he left and once LSU fires Orgeron they will too.

Nope. He's sitting at home cause no one wants him

Kifin was paid $2.5 M in 2015 from USC. But he still worked for Bama, and got another $700k from the Tide.

Cause he was a good coach. Less is not, which is why he is sitting at home and why you thought he should have been hired before Mullen.

Bless your heart.
Lane Kiffin!!! He is in his early 40's!!! Les is early to mid 60's I believe. He's got almost $10MM coming to him if he doesn't work.
Lesson #132: It is spelled Kiffin, not Kifin. Football, Math, banter, now spelling. What exactly are you good at?

Lane Kiffin!!! He is in his early 40's!!! Les is early to mid 60's I believe. He's got almost $10MM coming to him if he doesn't work.
Lesson #132: It is spelled Kiffin, not Kifin. Football, Math, banter, now spelling. What exactly are you good at?

Getting under your skin, apparently.

So let's review for the class: The secretary here has answered the phone at the front desk of 4 different schools. So he knows the internal workings of top programs and coaches better than anyone.

And he thinks....that Less Miles is CHOOSING to stay at home for 6 seasons and collect $9 Million, instead of COACHING for those same 6 seasons, and collecting $30-40 Million.

$30-40 Million is more than $9 Million. Just FYI. Of course......$9 Million is a lot more than 0, which is apparently the market rate for crappy coaches like Less Miles.

Who you wanted to hire. Thankfully the HR manager at those 4 schools were smart enough to put you up front answering the phones so you couldn't get into trouble.

That’s a product of recruiting, not coaching. LSU got some of the best athletes in the country yearly and did nothing with them. For example, most people are surprised to know they have more players in the NFL than Alabama yet what do they have to show for it? How many division titles? Conference titles? National titles? Miles is and has been a joke of a game day coach. Oklahoma St. got better after he left and once LSU fires Orgeron they will too.
Our CFHOF coach Spurrier, also won only 1 NC and played for another. Is he a joke? How many NCs did Alabama and us win between 2005 and 2015? Now, how many teams had to play them both every year? You give a pass to Mullen because he played in the West, but not Les. Alabama is the creme de la creme of college football and Les ran into them every year. They are on a different level. Put Les in Florida to recruit and play in the East and he wins 10+ games a year easy with the ability to win SEC and National Championships. Mullen has not shown the ability, but we paid him $6MM a year.

Our CFHOF coach Spurrier, also won only 1 NC and played for another. Is he a joke? How many NCs did Alabama and us win between 2005 and 2015? Now, how many teams had to play them both every year? You give a pass to Mullen because he played in the West, but not Les. Alabama is the creme de la creme of college football and Les ran into them every year. They are on a different level. Put Les in Florida to recruit and play in the East and he wins 10+ games a year easy with the ability to win SEC and National Championships. Mullen has not shown the ability, but we paid him $6MM a year.

Where in my post did I even mention Mullen? The only way you can defend Les is to run with that strawman apparently. And LOL@ Miles recruiting well at UF or winning SEC and National Titles. What exactly is he going to sell? His terrible offenses despite having future NFL all-pros on the roster? The fact that he just got fired from Florida’s rival? You just sat here and told us all he couldn’t beat Saban, you do realize he’d face Saban in the conference championship right? So how exactly was he going to win all these conference and national titles? Get a waiver to skip the conference championship game?

Where in my post did I even mention Mullen? The only way you can defend Les is to run with that strawman apparently. And LOL@ Miles recruiting well at UF or winning SEC and National Titles. What exactly is he going to sell? His terrible offenses despite having future NFL all-pros on the roster? The fact that he just got fired from Florida’s rival? You just sat here and told us all he couldn’t beat Saban, you do realize he’d face Saban in the conference championship right? So how exactly was he going to win all these conference and national titles? Get a waiver to skip the conference championship game?

He also implied that Less was too old to coach at 64, while apparently not realizing that Spurrier will be coaching in 2019 when he is 74.

I only remember Les Miles teams had a lot of penalties and time management issues. With the amount of NFL talent he had, it was amazing how bad his offenses were. He is a more accomplished Ron Zook in my book. Harsh to say that about a National Championship coach, but that team even had two losses and got the benefit of having a home game for the title.

You didn't mention Mullen. I mentioned him because he was part of an earlier debate. I know he would have to beat Saban to win the SEC more times than not, but without Alabama as a regular opponent the path would be a little clearer to the CG. Guess who has never beaten Saban? The $6MM dollar man who averaged 7 wins per season. Miles was 5-7 vs. Saban.

Getting under your skin, apparently.

So let's review for the class: The secretary here has answered the phone at the front desk of 4 different schools. So he knows the internal workings of top programs and coaches better than anyone.

And he thinks....that Less Miles is CHOOSING to stay at home for 6 seasons and collect $9 Million, instead of COACHING for those same 6 seasons, and collecting $30-40 Million.

$30-40 Million is more than $9 Million. Just FYI. Of course......$9 Million is a lot more than 0, which is apparently the market rate for crappy coaches like Less Miles.

Who you wanted to hire. Thankfully the HR manager at those 4 schools were smart enough to put you up front answering the phones so you couldn't get into trouble.
How cute!! Sweetie you aren't getting under my skin in these threads. How could you? Now there was that time in the parking lot at the Maghony in Hattiesburg you really got under the skin. Damn, you were a champ!!! You are amusing. Can't add. Can't spell. Changes POV when she loses the battle. And really has a bad taste in your mouth about secretaries and telephones. I feel responsible for both the bad taste in your mouth (Maghony) and not calling when I said I would. Was Les a little hard on you too?

Seems all it takes is disagreeing with you. Even insta isn't this insecure over being told he's wrong.
You see there's a difference between one being told they are wrong and actually being wrong. Sometimes just looking at the source speaks volumes. That's why you can never get under my skin. You want to give yourself too much credit (no surprise there). I sleep soundly at night, while you lie awake thinking of me. FWIW, Insta is wrong. Frequently. You two are peas in a pod.

And? Not sure what one has to do with the other.

Well you implied that Less being 64 meant he was either too old to coach, or too old to want to coach anymore.

Spurrier is 9 years older and just agreed to coach in 2019. Saban is 66 and probably has 10 more years of coaching.

Less isn't coaching cause no one wants him to coach. You see, the way most buyouts work with coaches is they get a set buyout amount, and then if they get another job, the pay they get is deducted from the buyout amount they are owed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT