ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly

Wait till Mullen's offense starts winning games. The angst from certain posters here will be palpable.
I would expect him to win 10 games with losses to UGA and FSU. We have a very manageable schedule this year. If he pulls upsets against either of the two and wins 11+ games I'll be here to publicly eat me words.

I would expect him to win 10 games with losses to UGA and FSU. We have a very manageable schedule this year. If he pulls upsets against either of the two and wins 11+ games I'll be here to publicly eat me words.

How long has it been since a coach won 11 regular season games in his first year at an SEC school?

Has it ever been done?

I haven't talk to Les, have you? He may not want to go back to the game and just kick back with his cool $9MM. Sure he could make more actually coaching, maybe Les doesn't want to put up with the stress, demands and a-hole fans like yourself...

You called somebody ELSE an a-hole fan? YOU? The guy calling for coaches' heads before coaching a single game? YOU? The guy calling a new hire head coach a failure during his first training camp?

Dude, you are the a-holiest a-hole that ever holed an a.

You called somebody ELSE an a-hole fan? YOU? The guy calling for coaches' heads before coaching a single game? YOU? The guy calling a new hire head coach a failure during his first training camp?

Dude, you are the a-holiest a-hole that ever holed an a.
I never called for Mullen's head or called him a failure.
Not once. Never. You are sadly mistaken.
In fact, I said he was the "safest" hire.
What I said was there is a long list of hires that were better than him or comparable to him at a lower salary.

How long has it been since a coach won 11 regular season games in his first year at an SEC school?

Has it ever been done?
Yes, in fact it has been done. One coach I know of won 11+ games during his 1st 3 years as a head coach. His records were 11-1, 11-2 and 12-2. He also won his division his first year, won it again the 3rd year, which was capped off with a NC.
Hint: He also ate grass.

(You should have gone to bed when I told you. This weekend is not starting off very well for you.)

Yes, in fact it has been done. One coach I know of won 11+ games during his 1st 3 years as a head coach. His records were 11-1, 11-2 and 12-2. He also won his division his first year, won it again the 3rd year, which was capped off with a NC.
Hint: He also ate grass.

(You should have gone to bed when I told you. This weekend is not starting off very well for you.)

And of course...you're wrong.

Less had 10 regular season wins in 2005 not 11. He had 11 wins total for the season, which is not what I asked.

Also, Less inherited a Top 5 program, LSU was ranked #5 when he took over. Saban had signed the #1 and #2 classes the two years before Less took over.

Mullen is inheriting a Florida program that is unranked. In fact, the AP doesn't even give them any votes in its preseason poll. And everyone here knows how bad McElwain's recruiting was.

So Miles inherited the #5 team, and finished #5, yet you want Mullen to inherit an unranked Florida team, and do the same thing.

That sounds sane.

For those wondering, the answer is 'no'. No coach in the history of the SEC has ever won 11 regular season games in his first season as coach at a school. And they never will.

You called him a failure for his recruiting.

Both he and Fever have said Mullen needs 10-11 regular season wins to impress them. Both site 'manageable schedule' as the reason why. Both ignore the poor recruiting, which they complained about with McElwain, but doesn't matter here.

Saban won 6 games his first regular season at Bama with about the same talent. Kirby won 7 games his first regular season at Georgia with more talent.

Saying Mullen needs to win 10-11 regular season games to be a success this year just isn't realistic by any stretch of the imagination.

Less had 10 regular season wins in 2005 not 11. He had 11 wins total for the season, which is not what I asked.

Also, Less inherited a Top 5 program, LSU was ranked #5 when he took over. Saban had signed the #1 and #2 classes the two years before Less took over.

Mullen is inheriting a Florida program that is unranked. In fact, the AP doesn't even give them any votes in its preseason poll. And everyone here knows how bad McElwain's recruiting was.

So Miles inherited the #5 team, and finished #5, yet you want Mullen to inherit an unranked Florida team, and do the same thing.

That sounds sane.

For those wondering, the answer is 'no'. No coach in the history of the SEC has ever won 11 regular season games in his first season as coach at a school. And they never will.
Have to admire your "But, but, but...." schtick. LMAFO!! There goes Gerbilboy on the inside lane of the roundabout again!!!

Some might say insanity sounds like offering a guy who was fired at his last HC gig and is now an unemployed coach moonlighting as a TV analyst with no job offers on the table. I say otherwise.

Both he and Fever have said Mullen needs 10-11 regular season wins to impress them. Both site 'manageable schedule' as the reason why. Both ignore the poor recruiting, which they complained about with McElwain, but doesn't matter here.

Saban won 6 games his first regular season at Bama with about the same talent. Kirby won 7 games his first regular season at Georgia with more talent.

Saying Mullen needs to win 10-11 regular season games to be a success this year just isn't realistic by any stretch of the imagination.
Unrealistic expectations so they can keep the same post going.

I never called for Mullen's head or called him a failure.
Not once. Never. You are sadly mistaken.
In fact, I said he was the "safest" hire.
What I said was there is a long list of hires that were better than him or comparable to him at a lower salary.
It wasn't until late in the thread you brought up salary.

You started it off trying to compare our hiring to the Trainwreck that was UT.

We interviewed one guy. He was a west coast guy. He took a west coast job.

We made a phone call to another guy. He was a Nebraska guy. Nebraska had an open. He took that job.

We called a former coordinator who while a coordinator here the team won some huge games. The side of the ball he coordinated put up some of the best numbers. This same guy took a job at the conference door mat. He took them to many successful seasons that they haven't ever consistently seen. He accepted the job.

All the other junk is useless to argue. We don't know if Miles could have won division titles at MSU..we don't know of Mullen could win 10 games at Memphis or Va Tech.

Hell will freeze over before this team would go better than 9-3 in the regular season schedule. We don't have the 2015 defense to do that.

Les definitely could recruit. Les could never find a great QB or offense. Same story Florida has had since Mullen left as OC to be HC at MSU. Averaging 10 wins a year would be nice but it wouldn't set too well with some Florida fans. It's too Mark Richt ish. Les got lucky that all other teams choked the year he won his NC. He made it to another title game but got dominated. I am curious as to what Les could've done at a program like MSU.

Fuente is a good developer of talent. Fuente has an eye for players that will buy into his philosophy and can be developed. ^Norvell basically is the same in this aspect so far* However Fever and all other summer refruiting followers would be fussing the same fuss. Fuente ain't getting rosters full of 5 stars.

The year he won the NC he got a LOT of luck... in fact, he lived on luck for a long time when all his risks paid off. It got to where you just expected them to always do a trick play or go for it on 4th down. They got a couple wins against us where they lose if one of those risks doesn’t pay off... in 07 if we make one stop on D we take that game, and in ‘10, we knew they were going to fake the FG and still weren’t in position to make the obvious play... I actually kind of honk if we had managed to win that game Brantley maybe had a different approach and plays with some confidence instead of overthinking like he did every game afterward, and our history is a little different.

I don’t know that miles would have been the right hire but I do think, with the low bar we have, he would have been an improvement

The weekend is ending the same way it started for you. LMFAO!!!
Don't let anyone kid you. You're special!!

Couldn't of said it better myself!!!!

With you being wrong and clamoring for my attention. :eek::D:D
There are 2 things about you that are consistent. 1.) Even in the closing seconds of your defeat, you continue to fight. 2.) Being wrong.

If he's a great hire then.....why is he unemployed?
Chip Kelly I can see.

Has it ever been done?

What's that old saying, give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves. Damn son, you not only hung yourself, you also got hogtied with a pretty little bow.

Gus Malzahn said to tell you Chip Kelly had been fired from his last 2 HC gigs, was an unemployed coach working as a football analyst for a year, while he waited for an offer, which finally came from...you guess it...us. (I especially like that part where you answer your own question, incorrectly of course.) Chip Kelly said to tell you Guz Malzahn. In case you are wondering, I am not laughing with you.

There are 2 things about you that are consistent. 1.) Even in the closing seconds of your defeat, you continue to fight. 2.) Being wrong.

What's that old saying, give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves. Damn son, you not only hung yourself, you also got hogtied with a pretty little bow.

Gus Malzahn said to tell you Chip Kelly had been fired from his last 2 HC gigs, was an unemployed coach working as a football analyst for a year, while he waited for an offer, which finally came from...you guess it...us. (I especially like that part where you answer your own question, incorrectly of course.) Chip Kelly said to tell you Guz Malzahn. In case you are wondering, I am not laughing with you.

You're weird.

The fact that he stewed over this thread all weekend trying to think up a better reply is telling.

No, seriously, I am thrilled you post here. After all the years of Muschamp and McElwain, we can all use a big laugh. Watching you flounder around in circles with bad math, answering your own questions incorrectly and defying your own logic brings a belly full of laughs.

That one where you ask, has any coach ever won 11 regular season games and then answer with "For those wondering, the answer is 'no'. No coach in the history of the SEC has ever won 11 regular season games in his first season as coach at a school. And they never will." I haven't laughed so hard since Jameis Winston threw the ball backwards in a playoff game against Oregon. And you are worried about being mocked if you provided a Top 10 list. If you don't want to be mocked for your stupidity, step away from the keyboard. But, please don't. You are quite the entertainment. Like a circus clown. Did you go to Bama and FSWho?

Chip didn’t want to come.
Frost didn’t want to come.
Mullen wanted to be our coach.

Tell us O’ Wise One...who else would you have hired?
Why would you put f$u with uga and bama as a goal he should aspire to? I mean, I agree with you, but beating bama and uga is an accomplishment. f$u lost to Jacksonville state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT