ADVERTISEMENT

Watching ESPN, Norvell’s, Mullen and others comments.

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Facts that someone is going to be one of.

NEVER has the SEC Champion been left out of the playoff.

NEVER has a Power 5 Champion been left out of the playoff.

NEVER has a #1 Team dropped out of the top 4 with an end of the year loss.

Norvell doesn’t fanthom that his team could not get in. Dan Mullen, R.G. III and Sam Ocho all think FSU EARNED it but, Dan Orlovsky said it best in that it’s not about what’s earned but, the Committees job is to put the 4 BEST TEAMS…

RIGHT NOW!

If FSU had J.T. and had won the last two with more than 200 yards of Offense, the argument might be stronger in my opinion.

Bama BEAT GEORGIA ( Thank you Nick ) and Texas beat them. Who knows, someone ain’t going to be happy!

Last edited:
Reactions: ceilo77

Norvell doesn’t fanthom that his team could not get in. Dan Mullen, R.G. III and Sam Ocho all think FSU EARNED it but, Dan Orlovsky said it best in that it’s not about what’s earned but, the Committees job is to put the 4 BEST TEAMS…

RIGHT NOW!

If FSU had J.T. and had won the last two with more than 200 yards of Offense, the argument might be stronger in my opinion.

Bama BEAT GEORGIA ( Thank you Nick ) and Texas beat them. Who knows, someone ain’t going to be happy!

I hate FSU as much as anyone but the committee will be a disgrace if they don't have them and Texas in their top 4.

RIGHT NOW!

So a beauty contest based on opinion instead of fact. Interesting.

Alabama 5th toughest schedule, FSU 55th.

The outraged AD and angry head coach in Tallahassee should apologize to the Seminole players and fans for avoiding tougher non-conference games. When the competition is ACC-weak they can afford to add more than an opening game versus LSU. FSU got itself into this letdown when joining the ACC to avoid tougher competition. Today the School out West got just what it actually earned.

The outraged AD and angry head coach in Tallahassee should apologize to the Seminole players and fans for avoiding tougher non-conference games. When the competition is ACC-weak they can afford to add more than an opening game versus LSU. FSU got itself into this letdown when joining the ACC to avoid tougher competition. Today the School out West got just what it actually earned.

Fsu went 4 and 0 against the top 25 and 2 and 0 against the sec. 13 and 0 overall. If this is the stance, why even have cfb? Just give whoever recruits the best in the sec the champio ship. Bama lost on their home field, needed a MIRACLE to beat Auburn, struggled with USF, a and m, army, and more. People promoting this when it can happen to you is so dumb. What's worse is it happened to fsu so it looks like I care that it's happening to fsu. If roles were reversed and bama lost their qb and we had lost to LSU, I'd say bama should be in. Shills gunna shill tho

Bama lost to Texas by 10 early in the season, another final 4 team. FSU struggled too. Wins against Boston College (2pts) Clemson in overtime (They lost big to Duke) - speaking of which, a NC caliber team beats Duke( a basketball school) by more than 18 points. Then you guys finish the season with a conf championship game many recorded in case they can't get to sleep some night. You may not like it, but your trajectory went downhill after JT went down. He WAS your team. We would have not been in a NC game without Tebow.

Reactions: sadgator
Bama lost to Texas by 10 early in the season, another final 4 team. FSU struggled too. Wins against Boston College (2pts) Clemson in overtime (They lost big to Duke) - speaking of which, a NC caliber team beats Duke( a basketball school) by more than 18 points. Then you guys finish the season with a conf championship game many recorded in case they can't get to sleep some night. You may not like it, but your trajectory went downhill after JT went down. He WAS your team. We would have not been in a NC game without Tebow.
But all of that is completely irrelevant. The Committee basically said, "Jordan, this is YOUR fault." ESPN and Boo said, if FSU had J-Trav, they'd be in. They're either lying or their not.

I hope JJ McCarthy doesn't get hurt during play-off practice. They'll have to select a different team.

Reactions: emekz1
Fsu went 4 and 0 against the top 25 and 2 and 0 against the sec. 13 and 0 overall. If this is the stance, why even have cfb? Just give whoever recruits the best in the sec the champio ship. Bama lost on their home field, needed a MIRACLE to beat Auburn, struggled with USF, a and m, army, and more. People promoting this when it can happen to you is so dumb. What's worse is it happened to fsu so it looks like I care that it's happening to fsu. If roles were reversed and bama lost their qb and we had lost to LSU, I'd say bama should be in. Shills gunna shill tho
FSU's best win was a 3 loss LSU team in home cooking Orlando. Bama had the better win over undefeated defending champs Uga and lost to fellow top 4 Texas while winning SEC champ. Even with Travis, FSU is not one of the 4 best teams in the land. FSU and Uga had weak sauce schedules.

FSU's best win was a 3 loss LSU team in home cooking Orlando. Bama had the better win over undefeated defending champs Uga and lost to fellow top 4 Texas while winning SEC champ. Even with Travis, FSU is not one of the 4 best teams in the land. FSU and Uga had weak sauce schedules.

So playing the games doesn't matter? Cancel the season. Let's go off feelings. Fsu would drag bama like they did lsu

You guys carrying water for bama hurts you. You know that right? They have owned the sec (which includes you ) for 10+ yrs and you still want them to win. That's fsu fan level stupidity

Reactions: Nole-4-Life
LOL to your comment about a sleeping aid. 🤣🤣

Reactions: ceilo77
So playing the games doesn't matter? Cancel the season. Let's go off feelings. Fsu would drag bama like they did lsu

You guys carrying water for bama hurts you. You know that right? They have owned the sec (which includes you ) for 10+ yrs and you still want them to win. That's fsu fan level stupidity
No, it's because Bama isn't our rival. There's no bad blood there. There fans are respectful enough folks. Bama winning over Uga and FSU is always my preference. I detest Uga, FSU, MIA, and LSU. Of the current playoff teams I'll root for Bama over the others because Michigan fans are arrogant douches, Austin and Seattle are filled with liberals that think their above others. I don't root for Bama but if I had to pick of the playoff teams, I'd root for them because I've got no issues with the State, people, or university in Bama. I can't say the same for Uga, FSU, MIA, or LSU. Can't root for Texas because those local yocals think Texas is some big bad ass place better than the rest. Can't root for liberal ass Gov Witchmire's state's team with their douchey fanbase. Don't have any experience with UDub, their fans, or their state but Seattle is close enough to Portland and all have that liberal PNW shite going on.....so by process of elimination, I'll root for the harmless folks at Bama, haha.

No, it's because Bama isn't our rival. There's no bad blood there. There fans are respectful enough folks. Bama winning over Uga and FSU is always my preference. I detest Uga, FSU, MIA, and LSU. Of the current playoff teams I'll root for Bama over the others because Michigan fans are arrogant douches, Austin and Seattle are filled with liberals that think their above others. I don't root for Bama but if I had to pick of the playoff teams, I'd root for them because I've got no issues with the State, people, or university in Bama. I can't say the same for Uga, FSU, MIA, or LSU. Can't root for Texas because those local yocals think Texas is some big bad ass place better than the rest. Can't root for liberal ass Gov Witchmire's state's team with their douchey fanbase. Don't have any experience with UDub, their fans, or their state but Seattle is close enough to Portland and all have that liberal PNW shite going on.....so by process of elimination, I'll root for the harmless folks at Bama, haha.
Michigan's dips1t Governor is actually a Michigan State fan.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
From what we see, you and FSU numbers haven't been in the mood for jokes since this morning.
Clash Royale Yes GIF by Clash

From what we see, you and FSU numbers haven't been in the mood for jokes since this morning.

What makes me squirm is people will take this as me defending fsu lol f that. I'd do this for the Gators or Miami or even bama if they were in the same spot

What makes me squirm is people will take this as me defending fsu lol f that. I'd do this for the Gators or Miami or even bama if they were in the same spot
Good to see you ain't taking us clowning you and your fellow FSU fans seriously.

It's funny, because I'm seeing the same thing...comments like, "I can't stand the Noles, but they got jobbed" all across social media. For me it's about the corruption of the committee and more importantly that their "excuse" really isn't fair to a 23 year old kid. If this statement doesn't gut you, then you have no heart for student athletes.

devastated. heartbroken. In so much disbelief rn, I wish my leg broke earlier in the season so y’all could see this team is much more than the quarterback. I thought results matter. 13-0 and this roster matches up across any team in those top 4 rankings. I am so sorry. Go Noles!

Glad the nolies got left out, but sensible enough to know they got screwed. Doesn't matter if we or anyone else thinks they can't win, they earned the chance to be there. If we went on what folks think, then don't bother to play the games.

Reactions: Nole-4-Life
I wonder when Dave is getting fired from eSECpn?

Written by ESPN writer David Hale:
“In the olden days, we had a beauty contest. The top team in the nation was decided entirely by the voters.
Then we moved to a better system, one determined in part by computers that at least added some math to the abstract rationalizing while also allowing two teams to decide it on the field.

Then we moved to a four-team playoff, and the whole point was to eliminate the hypotheticals and let a champion be crowned by the actual results on the field. If you won your games, you had a chance to win a national title.

Turns out, all of that was a charade. None of it mattered. The games are pointless. What happens on the field is less important than what a committee thinks might happen in a future matchup.

It is an absolute slap in the face to every player who has ever put on a helmet, laced up cleats and marched onto the field to battle for a victory, because a bunch of folks in a conference room in Texas decided their sacrifice was not as important as the Las Vegas line on a potential playoff matchup.

Yes, Florida State is without starting QB Jordan Travis, meaning it would have to play with a quarterback who wasn't its opening-week starter in order to win a national title, and of course that couldn't happen. After all, only 2014 Ohio State, 2017 Alabama, 2018 Clemson and 2021 Georgia did that. What are the odds that something that's happened 44% of the time would happen again?

And sure, FSU's passing game was a mess in the ACC championship game. No argument there. Funny thing though: FSU won its title game by more than Alabama did. In fact, FSU has won its past two games by more than Alabama has. And since Travis got hurt in Week 12 against North Alabama, the Seminoles have thrown for just 8 fewer yards than Michigan has in that same stretch, but there was no debate about Michigan.

Oh, and this is probably irrelevant in the face of such a poor quarterback performance against Louisville, but there's also the small matter that the QB who started that game, Brock Glenn, wouldn't be the QB starting a playoff game (since Tate Rodemaker would be out of concussion protocol by then).

The committee cared about one stat when making this decision: FSU's 55 passing yards against Louisville.
Here are the stats it ignored: Seven sacks, 14 tackles for loss, 10 passes defended, 189 rushing yards against a stacked box, a 10-point win over a top-15 team with a QB making his first career start.

Let's be real about what happened here: The committee members couldn't leave the SEC out of the playoff. They didn't care that Alabama needed a miracle to avoid a loss to 6-6 Auburn two weeks ago. They didn't care that Georgia's own injuries -- playing with a banged-up Ladd McConkey and Brock Bowers -- likely played a large part in why the Tide won Saturday. They didn't care that the ACC has a winning record, head-to-head, against the SEC this season. They didn't care that Alabama beat 2023 Georgia, not 2021 or 2022 Georgia. They cared that Alabama and the SEC had to have a spot in the playoff by birthright. And as a result, they sent a message that what happened on the field -- the blood, tears and sacrifice that players made all season to win every game on their schedule -- was less important than getting the most compelling TV matchup.
But hey, there'll be a 12-team playoff next year, so all is forgiven, right?"

I wonder when Dave is getting fired from eSECpn?

Written by ESPN writer David Hale:
“In the olden days, we had a beauty contest. The top team in the nation was decided entirely by the voters.
Then we moved to a better system, one determined in part by computers that at least added some math to the abstract rationalizing while also allowing two teams to decide it on the field.

Then we moved to a four-team playoff, and the whole point was to eliminate the hypotheticals and let a champion be crowned by the actual results on the field. If you won your games, you had a chance to win a national title.

Turns out, all of that was a charade. None of it mattered. The games are pointless. What happens on the field is less important than what a committee thinks might happen in a future matchup.

It is an absolute slap in the face to every player who has ever put on a helmet, laced up cleats and marched onto the field to battle for a victory, because a bunch of folks in a conference room in Texas decided their sacrifice was not as important as the Las Vegas line on a potential playoff matchup.

Yes, Florida State is without starting QB Jordan Travis, meaning it would have to play with a quarterback who wasn't its opening-week starter in order to win a national title, and of course that couldn't happen. After all, only 2014 Ohio State, 2017 Alabama, 2018 Clemson and 2021 Georgia did that. What are the odds that something that's happened 44% of the time would happen again?

And sure, FSU's passing game was a mess in the ACC championship game. No argument there. Funny thing though: FSU won its title game by more than Alabama did. In fact, FSU has won its past two games by more than Alabama has. And since Travis got hurt in Week 12 against North Alabama, the Seminoles have thrown for just 8 fewer yards than Michigan has in that same stretch, but there was no debate about Michigan.

Oh, and this is probably irrelevant in the face of such a poor quarterback performance against Louisville, but there's also the small matter that the QB who started that game, Brock Glenn, wouldn't be the QB starting a playoff game (since Tate Rodemaker would be out of concussion protocol by then).

The committee cared about one stat when making this decision: FSU's 55 passing yards against Louisville.
Here are the stats it ignored: Seven sacks, 14 tackles for loss, 10 passes defended, 189 rushing yards against a stacked box, a 10-point win over a top-15 team with a QB making his first career start.

Let's be real about what happened here: The committee members couldn't leave the SEC out of the playoff. They didn't care that Alabama needed a miracle to avoid a loss to 6-6 Auburn two weeks ago. They didn't care that Georgia's own injuries -- playing with a banged-up Ladd McConkey and Brock Bowers -- likely played a large part in why the Tide won Saturday. They didn't care that the ACC has a winning record, head-to-head, against the SEC this season. They didn't care that Alabama beat 2023 Georgia, not 2021 or 2022 Georgia. They cared that Alabama and the SEC had to have a spot in the playoff by birthright. And as a result, they sent a message that what happened on the field -- the blood, tears and sacrifice that players made all season to win every game on their schedule -- was less important than getting the most compelling TV matchup.
But hey, there'll be a 12-team playoff next year, so all is forgiven, right?"

Bottom line is FSU would be a two TD dog to Bama just like they are to UGA. They’re objectively viewed as not as good. So what does anything this guy is talking about (ACC record vs SEC, barely beating auburn, UGA injuries) matter? What does anyone mean the games don’t matter? If Bama hadn’t beat UGA, they wouldn’t be in. You can make a pretty easy case that Bama’s 12-1 season is more impressive than FSU’s 13-0.

I don’t blame FSU for being bent, but it’s not cut and dry. It’s close. Anyone trying to act like this is some obvious injustice doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Didn’t FSU get into the title game in 2000 over Miami after losing the head to head? It happens. That’s why they should have expanded the playoff a long time ago.

Anyone trying to act like this is some obvious injustice doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Didn’t FSU get into the title game in 2000 over Miami after losing the head to head? It happens. That’s why they should have expanded the playoff a long time ago.
And we all saw the end result of that title game vs Oklahoma. Their beloved Mark Richt and their offense failed to produce any points.

Yeah and FSU got in in ‘93 after losing head to head to ND after ND lost late to BC. So there you go, that’s two national title games the Noles didn’t deserve according to the Nole arguments in this thread.

Bottom line is FSU would be a two TD dog to Bama just like they are to UGA. They’re objectively viewed as not as good. So what does anything this guy is talking about (ACC record vs SEC, barely beating auburn, UGA injuries) matter? What does anyone mean the games don’t matter? If Bama hadn’t beat UGA, they wouldn’t be in. You can make a pretty easy case that Bama’s 12-1 season is more impressive than FSU’s 13-0.

I don’t blame FSU for being bent, but it’s not cut and dry. It’s close. Anyone trying act like this is some obvious injustice doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Didn’t FSU get into the title game in 2000 over Miami after losing the head to head? It happens. That’s why they should have expanded the playoff a long time ago.
It's so crazy to me that the lower divisions of college football have been able to crown a true champion for years, yet D1 still can't get it together. Maybe one day...

Exactly. Everyone should post the quote from “st Bobby” about how they ducked the SEC. It took way longer than it should have for those chickens to come home to roost.

Reactions: gatordad3
It's so crazy to me that the lower divisions of college football have been able to crown a true champion for years, yet D1 still can't get it together. Maybe one day...
12 team playoff should do it. It’s incomprehensible to me that it took this long, but that’s NCAA football for ya.

You have at it.

“I felt that it was too difficult to win through the SEC to win a national championship,” Bowden said. “I felt like our best route would be to go through the ACC and that did prove out to be correct. But, I don’t know if we could have made it through the SEC."

You have at it.

“I felt that it was too difficult to win through the SEC to win a national championship,” Bowden said. “I felt like our best route would be to go through the ACC and that did prove out to be correct. But, I don’t know if we could have made it through the SEC."

Oh, I'm aware of the quote...it's somewhere in the links I dropped above, but it's lazy to put the entire decades long ordeal on a single quote by one person. But you guys already know that. It's just fun for ya'll to say it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT