ADVERTISEMENT

Watching ESPN, Norvell’s, Mullen and others comments.

I wonder when Dave is getting fired from eSECpn?

Written by ESPN writer David Hale:
“In the olden days, we had a beauty contest. The top team in the nation was decided entirely by the voters.
Then we moved to a better system, one determined in part by computers that at least added some math to the abstract rationalizing while also allowing two teams to decide it on the field.

Then we moved to a four-team playoff, and the whole point was to eliminate the hypotheticals and let a champion be crowned by the actual results on the field. If you won your games, you had a chance to win a national title.

Turns out, all of that was a charade. None of it mattered. The games are pointless. What happens on the field is less important than what a committee thinks might happen in a future matchup.

It is an absolute slap in the face to every player who has ever put on a helmet, laced up cleats and marched onto the field to battle for a victory, because a bunch of folks in a conference room in Texas decided their sacrifice was not as important as the Las Vegas line on a potential playoff matchup.

Yes, Florida State is without starting QB Jordan Travis, meaning it would have to play with a quarterback who wasn't its opening-week starter in order to win a national title, and of course that couldn't happen. After all, only 2014 Ohio State, 2017 Alabama, 2018 Clemson and 2021 Georgia did that. What are the odds that something that's happened 44% of the time would happen again?

And sure, FSU's passing game was a mess in the ACC championship game. No argument there. Funny thing though: FSU won its title game by more than Alabama did. In fact, FSU has won its past two games by more than Alabama has. And since Travis got hurt in Week 12 against North Alabama, the Seminoles have thrown for just 8 fewer yards than Michigan has in that same stretch, but there was no debate about Michigan.

Oh, and this is probably irrelevant in the face of such a poor quarterback performance against Louisville, but there's also the small matter that the QB who started that game, Brock Glenn, wouldn't be the QB starting a playoff game (since Tate Rodemaker would be out of concussion protocol by then).

The committee cared about one stat when making this decision: FSU's 55 passing yards against Louisville.
Here are the stats it ignored: Seven sacks, 14 tackles for loss, 10 passes defended, 189 rushing yards against a stacked box, a 10-point win over a top-15 team with a QB making his first career start.

Let's be real about what happened here: The committee members couldn't leave the SEC out of the playoff. They didn't care that Alabama needed a miracle to avoid a loss to 6-6 Auburn two weeks ago. They didn't care that Georgia's own injuries -- playing with a banged-up Ladd McConkey and Brock Bowers -- likely played a large part in why the Tide won Saturday. They didn't care that the ACC has a winning record, head-to-head, against the SEC this season. They didn't care that Alabama beat 2023 Georgia, not 2021 or 2022 Georgia. They cared that Alabama and the SEC had to have a spot in the playoff by birthright. And as a result, they sent a message that what happened on the field -- the blood, tears and sacrifice that players made all season to win every game on their schedule -- was less important than getting the most compelling TV matchup.
But hey, there'll be a 12-team playoff next year, so all is forgiven, right?"

Alaskan this is the best narrative I've seen, you've almost convinced me.
What I can't get over is that Bama just beat the #1 team in the country with 29 straight wins.
FSU's schedule was ranked 55 and Bama's was 5.
Also, you barely beat a bad UF team.

12 is too many, 6 would have covered it this year, 8 would be fine but that should be the max.
As the portal and NIL continue to shape college football, 12 will make more sense. Non traditional teams will be able to build champ caliber teams in just a single year. Throw in these new mega super conferences....goodness.

Michigan's dips1t Governor is actually a Michigan State fan.
Yeah, but back in my younger single days bar hopping around Manhattan, one of the pubs had a joint Gators and Wolverines fans viewing parties on cfb Saturdays and the Michigan fans were d-bags so still can't root for them....and their fans probably voted for Witchmire anyway, haha.

Alaskan this is the best narrative I've seen, you've almost convinced me.
What I can't get over is that Bama just beat the #1 team in the country with 29 straight wins.
FSU's schedule was ranked 55 and Bama's was 5.
Also, you barely beat a bad UF team.
I guess you'd have to define barely. Many were saying the same thing about us after scUM, but then Boo Corrigan reminded everyone that they had ONE fluke TD that made it look closer than it actually was.

Same thing about UF. FSU had ya'll stopped on 3rd down to force a FG. Without that bogus penalty (which is now an official training video) there are zero TDs scored on this team after J-Trav's injury.

People love to tout SEC defenses (look at the LSU Bama MNC a while back), but when FSU does it now it's not flashy. Why would Norvell need to dial up unnecessarily plays for style points when the defense is getting it done? We ran for dang near 200 yards on a stacked box vs UL.

If ya'll can't see the committee for what it is, then I can't help you. They should have just put us at 11. Hell, they put us ahead of UGA apparently thinking we can't score and Brock Glenn is our offense?

I absolutely agree we're not the same team w/o J-Trav, but with a month to prep with the Tater and being told all season long, "Win and you're in" they should have gotten the chance. For those players to get cheated and the blame placed solely on Travis is BS. The team deserve better. College football deserves better whether you care for FSU or not.

EDIT: Also, I honestly don't see how Bama's schedule is so much better than FSU's. Have you looked at it? They beat UGA and Ole Miss and lost to Texas. Tenn shouldn't even been ranked and they barely survived a crappy Auburn team (and a few others like USF and Arky along the way). Despite the SEC going 6-9 OOC and 4-6 vs the ACC they still have all these inflated rankings propping up Bama.

FSU showed more 4th Qtr dominance than any P5 team out there.

Nah, jokes on Noles, you know, not being in the playoff and all.
Ghosts Agree GIF by CBS

I mean if I were you I'd be livid as well. Did ACC office not stump hard enough for FSU because of the Weatherford/Board comments? But that would hurt the ACC as much as FSU to not have a member team in the best possible bowl game/playoff so I wonder.....because we all know life ain't fair and there's BS everywhere so whatever ACC office did or didn't do for Noles is what you, I, and others want to know right?

I guess you'd have to define barely. Many were saying the same thing about us after scUM, but then Boo Corrigan reminded everyone that they had ONE fluke TD that made it look closer than it actually was.

Same thing about UF. FSU had ya'll stopped on 3rd down to force a FG. Without that bogus penalty (which is now an official training video) there are zero TDs scored on this team after J-Trav's injury.

People love to tout SEC defenses (look at the LSU Bama MNC a while back), but when FSU does it now it's not flashy. Why would Norvell need to dial up unnecessarily plays for style points when the defense is getting it done? We ran for dang near 200 yards on a stacked box vs UL.

If ya'll can't see the committee for what it is, then I can't help you. They should have just put us at 11. Hell, they put us ahead of UGA apparently thinking we can't score and Brock Glenn is our offense?

I absolutely agree we're not the same team w/o J-Trav, but with a month to prep with the Tater and being told all season long, "Win and you're in" they should have gotten the chance. For those players to get cheated and the blame placed solely on Travis is BS. The team deserve better. College football deserves better whether you care for FSU or not.

EDIT: Also, I honestly don't see how Bama's schedule is so much better than FSU's. Have you looked at it? They beat UGA and Ole Miss and lost to Texas. Tenn shouldn't even been ranked and they barely survived a crappy Auburn team (and a few others like USF and Arky along the way). Despite the SEC going 6-9 OOC and 4-6 vs the ACC they still have all these inflated rankings propping up Bama.

UGA is better than anyone FSU played. So is Texas. Ole Miss is as good and maybe better. Best team FSU beat was LSU, maybe at Clemson. If FSU beat UGA it would be their best win in 10+ years. Whaddya want?

Reactions: NavigatorII

Speaking of cheating, Michigan should have been kicked out for the crap they pulled. Anyway if they win it all it will be vacated in a few years.

Facts that someone is going to be one of.

NEVER has a Power 5 Champion been left out of the playoff.
So your position is that, in the power 5 conferences, of which I would make a particular note that there are FIVE CONFERENCES, and therefore as a group annually crown FIVE CHAMPIONS, that never has one of those FIVE TEAMS been left out of a FOUR TEAM PLAYOFF.

S. M. H.

Louisville got whacked by Kentucky and Florida was also without their QB. Your SOS was 55, and you honestly showed you couldn't score against crappy teams without your QB. No matter who you played in the CFP you would have been abused. Just as well you got left out, now when you get curbstomped in the bowl you can claim it was disappointment over being left out rather than you had a one player team. You were literally Virginia Tech if Vick had gotten injured at the end of 1999.

Breaking news: The College Football Playoff Committee has reconvened and has unilaterally decided to go back in time and strip the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins of their perfect season and Super Bowl championship.

“In hindsight,” CFB Playoff Chairman Boob Corrigan says, “the ’72 Dolphins, much like this year’s Florida State team, were just not the same after quarterback Bob Griese broke his leg and was replaced by aging backup Earl Morrall.”

But, Mr. Corrigan, even though the Dolphins were in the bottom half of the league in passing offense back then, they went 14-0 in the regular season and won all their games with a dominant defense and a great running game.

“Doesn’t matter,” Corrigan replied. “You just don’t understand. It’s all about the quarterback. Football, you see, is not actually a sport; it’s a beauty pageant. The ’72 Dolphins just don’t pass the eye test. Their strength of schedule was among the worst in the league. The aggregate winning percentage of the Dolphins regular-season opponents in 1972 was .397. The committee just doesn’t think they deserved to be in the playoffs.”

With all due respect, Mr. Corrigan, you have no jurisdiction over the NFL or NFL history. Your domain is college football.

“This is where you are wrong,” Corrigan says, his voice booming. “We are the all-knowing, all-powerful College Football Playoff Committee — and don’t you ever forget it. We can overrule what happens on the field at every level and in every era. We can supersede wins and losses and determine champions based upon our own prejudices and predictions. The Committee knows better than you lowly plebes and proletarians. The Committee even knows better than the scoreboard itself.” …

Breaking news: The College Football Playoff Committee has reconvened and has unilaterally decided to go back in time and strip the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins of their perfect season and Super Bowl championship.

“In hindsight,” CFB Playoff Chairman Boob Corrigan says, “the ’72 Dolphins, much like this year’s Florida State team, were just not the same after quarterback Bob Griese broke his leg and was replaced by aging backup Earl Morrall.”

But, Mr. Corrigan, even though the Dolphins were in the bottom half of the league in passing offense back then, they went 14-0 in the regular season and won all their games with a dominant defense and a great running game.

“Doesn’t matter,” Corrigan replied. “You just don’t understand. It’s all about the quarterback. Football, you see, is not actually a sport; it’s a beauty pageant. The ’72 Dolphins just don’t pass the eye test. Their strength of schedule was among the worst in the league. The aggregate winning percentage of the Dolphins regular-season opponents in 1972 was .397. The committee just doesn’t think they deserved to be in the playoffs.”

With all due respect, Mr. Corrigan, you have no jurisdiction over the NFL or NFL history. Your domain is college football.

“This is where you are wrong,” Corrigan says, his voice booming. “We are the all-knowing, all-powerful College Football Playoff Committee — and don’t you ever forget it. We can overrule what happens on the field at every level and in every era. We can supersede wins and losses and determine champions based upon our own prejudices and predictions. The Committee knows better than you lowly plebes and proletarians. The Committee even knows better than the scoreboard itself.” …

Bianchi is a dips1t and the SemenHoles shouldn't be compared to the 1972 Miami Dolphins or any super bowl winning team. That same Dolphins team almost 3 peated.

So playing the games doesn't matter? Cancel the season. Let's go off feelings. Fsu would drag bama like they did lsu

You guys carrying water for bama hurts you. You know that right? They have owned the sec (which includes you ) for 10+ yrs and you still want them to win. That's fsu fan level stupidity
FSU wouldn’t drag Bama even with JT. Get real.

Same can be said for FSU barely beating BC, Pitt, and UF. Let's not forget how Clemson gave the game away to FSU.

The only time Bianchi was funny was back when he fat shamed Brad Scott and Phil Fulmer. Of course that was when he worked for the Times Union in Jax.
That fat fuk hasn't been relevant since he allegedly was a starter for Interlachen. What position is still a mystery. 😂

sadgator is gonna say this one time, so please pay close attention…and don’t take this the wrong way…sadgator loves and respects you as a poster…

“Shhhhhhhhhhh” [in very hushed whisper]…”we all understand that fsu got screwed. Everybody knows they should have been in…but…”. “Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”…

“we all think it is funny as fvck that fsu didn’t …if your dumb ass conference members would have just voted for 12, you’d have been in this year….” “congrats on the ‘alliance’ with the PAC whatever…
maybe next year when it goes to 12 you will get in…

…but don’t bet on it…”

Lol…

giphy.gif

Last edited:
sadgator is gonna say this one time, so please pay close attention…and don’t take this the wrong way…sadgator loves and respects you as a poster…

“Shhhhhhhhhhh” [in very hushed whisper]…”we all understand that fsu got screwed. Everybody knows they should have been in…but…”. “Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”…

“we all think it is funny as fvck that fsu didn’t …if your dumb ass conference members would have just voted for 12, you’d have been in this year….” “congrats on the ‘alliance’ with the PAC whatever…
maybe next year when it goes to 12 you will get in…

…but don’t bet on it…”

Lol…

giphy.gif
🤣🤣🤣🤣

The facts are these. UGA lost to bama. So bama had to be ranked ahead of UGA. The problem is they lost Texas at home convincingly. So in order to get an SEC team in they had to take Texas. So you are screwed. Feel better now?

I don’t think they should have been in. They have an argument but so does Bama. Undefeated power 5 team has never been left out but neither has the SEC champ. And nobody would argue that if they played Bama would be 2 td favorites at least. I do think it’s funny how butthurt the FSU fans are though I agree with that part.

Reactions: gatordad3

Such a crappy comparison , there was no COMMITTEE selecting the playoff teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT