ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament time - #7 seed - Oral Roberts next...

I'm just a fan, not the very knowledgeable coach that Mike is.
That said, I might put Duruji on their shooting forward, and Locke on their PG, at least to begin with.

I have lost confidence in Lewis being anything but being selfish, instead of being a solid 'team' player.
I sincerely hope that he surprises me and remembers his place on the TEAM....

Among the starters, UF has 4 scoring in double figures (team), while OR has only 2.
Disrupt their 2 and it should slow them down, unless they have others that can step up.
GoooooooooooGATORS!!!

Reactions: Gator Fever
You guys had 13 point lead and suddenly shut the offense down with 15 minutes left? I can see why you would want him gone.

You guys had 13 point lead and suddenly shut the offense down with 15 minutes left? I can see why you would want him gone.

Its classic Mike White. He's the Muschamp or Smart of basketball. Got a lead? Cool. Let's completely disrupt our offense and drain clock and then panic when the game is close because you spent so much time not scoring.

Its classic Mike White. He's the Muschamp or Smart of basketball. Got a lead? Cool. Let's completely disrupt our offense and drain clock and then panic when the game is close because you spent so much time not scoring.
I mean you guys were on fire and suddenly didn’t feel like scoring 80 points.

It’s Mike White’s mo. It has been the same thing for 6 years. He doesn’t know how to play with a lead. You’d think by now he’d figure it out but I guess not.

Reactions: sadgator
It’s Mike White’s mo. It has been the same thing for 6 years. He doesn’t know how to play with a lead. You’d think by now he’d figure it out but I guess not.
White's become the Kirby Smart of college basketball. I think that's the best way I can sum it all up.

Thank you coach White for another typical Florida basketball game.

I don't know any other coach better able to take a team with 25 win talent and go out and win 17 games.

Amazing how we give up wide open threes the last minutes of the game after they’ve made it from that corner multiple times.

Have you noticed how, in the middle of games, when he isn't doing a lot, maybe calling a few plays but mostly clapping his hands, we do pretty well, but when it gets to the end of the game, when coaching becomes so important, we turn into crap?

It's not a coincidence.

This is just a total meltdown. Our kids deserve better than this. Let a team back in by shutting down the offense with twelve frigging minutes to go. Damn.

Reactions: sadgator
This is who he is. He is just not a very good coach. Slowed us down for some unknown reason, then went to that stupid 1-3-1 zone that is so easy for teams to score against. I thought for sure after 6 straight points he would get out of it.

Reactions: PacoGator19
This is the first game I've watched from start to finish in several weeks and it's the same old same old. Inconsistency!! Did not score the last 2 1/2 minutes of the game. Had a 10 point lead halfway through the 2nd half and White goes to a slowdown offense that allows them to get back in the game. Stupid play after stupid play, non-sensical turnovers. For every great play Appleby makes, he makes 2 dumb ones. Way more turnovers than assists, way too many dumb fouls, especially in the 2nd half. Oral Roberts may be the best 15 seed I've ever seen and I've watched every NCAA tournament since they started putting them on TV with the expanded field. But the better team (not the team with the best players) won the game, as did the better coach. Wait 'til next year, right? Is everybody excited about more of this?

Why was Osifo in the game rather than Lewis? I knew from the moment he would be forced to shoot free throws, Florida would lose this game. Great coaching move by Mike White.:rolleyes:
It was mind boggling. When Osifo entered ORU promptly went on a 9-2 run. We knew they would score points, so you need your best offensive players in. Needed more points. ORU was going to get their regardless.

“The boys just didn’t do what I told them” said Adolph Rupp a few times after a loss, but that was a different time way back in the past.
I was going to interject but then I remembered that UK didnt make the tourny. I saw alot of White-Cal comparisons.

Hotels.com has Captain Obvious. Florida basketball has Major Inconsistency in Mike White.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT