ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament time - #7 seed - Oral Roberts next...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Well at least we are in. What seed do we get today? Most things point to an 8 or 9 seed for sure but I guess with how they juggle things some to avoid certain matchups early we could possibly get a 7 or 10 seed.

If we do get an 8 or 9 seed at least it will give us a chance to set up the Final Four run with a big upset early.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadgator
Another big question that needs to be answered - Does Colgate get a #3 or #4 seed as they are currently #9 in the official NET rankings.

It looks to worse than losing to Manhattan back in 2004.

I just hope we don't catch Michigan in the 2nd game as that team has beat us easily all 3 tournament games.

Not sure who I would rather play out of Gonzaga and Baylor.

We should beat VT if we don't decide to fall apart that game.

OSU is pretty good but would rather catch them than those 1 seed Big 10 teams. They don't play as good of defense usually and don't have a lot of size. I think Castleton should do alright against them.

sadgator’s gotta admit...he’s a little concerned about the comments from White in the linked article...doesn’t sound very motivating...

"My guys are tired," Florida coach Mike White said...

"I would hope that with one more swing at it, we could put our best foot forward in the next event," White said Friday. "As we lose one more time, it's over.”

Well no shit coach....how ‘bout a “We’re gonna pour our guts and souls into the next game because it’s all that matters now.” Something like that would be nice...

https://www.gatorsports.com/story/b...faces-virginia-tech-opening-round/4691405001/

sadgator’s gotta admit...he’s a little concerned about the comments from White in the linked article...doesn’t sound very motivating...

"I would hope that with one more swing at it, we could put our best foot forward in the next event," White said Friday. "As we lose one more time, it's over.”

Well no shit coach....how ‘bout a “We’re gonna pour our guts and souls into the next game because it’s all that matters now.” Something like that would be nice...

https://www.gatorsports.com/story/b...faces-virginia-tech-opening-round/4691405001/

Yep he was on SEC channel blaming it on the tough schedule late or some nonsense like that.

Tired? Well that debacle against Tennessee made sure we have plenty of rest now.

Reactions: gatordad3

Tired of him?

Well at least we are in. What seed do we get today? Most things point to an 8 or 9 seed for sure but I guess with how they juggle things some to avoid certain matchups early we could possibly get a 7 or 10 seed.

If we do get an 8 or 9 seed at least it will give us a chance to set up the Final Four run with a big upset early.

Loving the optimism, however unlikely.

Anyone notice that mess they pulled for Gonzaga in the West. They made the #2, #3 and #4 seeds there all teams that Gonzaga has already beat by double digits earlier this season.

Last edited:
We might win, or one and done, Mike White has some respect bringing the team to this point. I was in Santa Cruz, CA when that guy hit that shot that got us the finals...everyone there wondered why I was psycho about having the game on. I requested them changing the channel. I just watch it lol that was a great moment.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I like Mark Few and Gonzaga. He's done amazing things at a small Catholic college in Spokane , WA. Would like to see them win a national title over a Power 5 team.

I used to look at them that way until they were basically the same as the top teams in getting many of these players. Not sure if being in that conference will backfire a little or not as far as the tourney goes. They did win a good group of non conference games this season. A lot of people seem to think a team with good size and a good inside game could maybe give them some trouble.

Mark Few is a great coach but at some point he has to wonder if he’s ever going to win a title at Gonzaga. If not this year when??

Reactions: martycat1
Mark Few is a great coach but at some point he has to wonder if he’s ever going to win a title at Gonzaga. If not this year when??

Oklahoma is the only team I think has much of a chance to beat them in their region. In that other region on their side I would probably say Michigan, FSU, Bama and LSU are the only teams that might could upset them on a good day but Michigan is missing an important player and not sure if he will be back playing if they make it to the Sweet 16 or deeper.

In the Championship game I doubt anyone besides Illinois or Baylor could possibly beat them.

I guess Illinois with that 7 foot 280 pounder in the middle is best suited to give them trouble since Michigan is down that player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT