ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament time - #7 seed - Oral Roberts next...

If White gets to the Sweet Sixteen he likely bought himself more time whether you agree with it or not. Regardless of the opponents he beat to possibly get there. I didn’t see Ohio St getting upset like that but that isn’t Mike White’s problem.

My opinion has been he has to get to the Sweet 16 either this year or next year to keep his job. If he gets it this year then more power to him. It doesn’t change my opinion of him as a coach but nonetheless it will buy him more time.

Yep a sweet 16 here the only way he isn't the coach for the 22/23 season is if he left himself.

Certainly no fan of Mike White, but he gets some credit for second half offensive adjustments. He also kept the team fighting when we got down 10 in the second half. 19 turnovers usually will cost you a game, but not today. Need to protect the ball and defend the arc. Oral dude leads the nation in scoring I believe....or close to it. Their guards are really good and can fill it up.

I hope we see some more upsets but I think the pattern is when one day has that many twelve and higher wins the next day usually only has one at most.

A couple of these one seeds will have real tests early with Loyola and Wisconsin. Those teams could definitely pull an upset. All the Illinois fans were pissed when they saw Loyola was made an 8 seed in their region.

I hope we see some more upsets but I think the pattern is when one day has that many twelve and higher wins the next day usually only has one at most.

A couple of these one seeds will have real tests early with Loyola and Wisconsin. Those teams could definitely pull an upset. All the Illinois fans were pissed when they saw Loyola was made an 8 seed in their region.
I agree. First day upsets usually get the attention of the favored teams on day 2.

If White gets to the Sweet Sixteen he likely bought himself more time whether you agree with it or not. Regardless of the opponents he beat to possibly get there. I didn’t see Ohio St getting upset like that but that isn’t Mike White’s problem.

My opinion has been he has to get to the Sweet 16 either this year or next year to keep his job. If he gets it this year then more power to him. It doesn’t change my opinion of him as a coach but nonetheless it will buy him more time.

March Madness has officially commenced and the 7 Seed Florida Gators are the first team to punch their ticket to the round of 32 from the field with a gritty first-round triumph.
UF 75 - 70 VaTech in OT

Can't coach, players always digress under Mike's coaching.
Castleton is one of of only 7 players in the past 25 years to post 19 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 assists in an NCAA Tournament game.

BillyD's last season was a 16 win, no tourney, loser season, with most of the starters leaving with him.
Taking over, Mike White has gone to a post season tourney every season, with never a one and done to show for it.

~ 1st Year - 21 wins, NIT Quarter Finalist, with zero of his earned home games due to O'Dome renovations.

~ Then 5 consecutive Big Dance qualifications, only 4 appearances due to the Kung Flu scamdemic cancellation.

~ ZERO one & done's, so National Top 17-32 finishes every year, while playing the toughest OoC SoS and battling player injuries, in the already tough SEC, with his one Elite-8 finish and SEC CoY in his 2nd season .

~~ I know, let's whine and snivel constantly and scream for him to be fired, because the constant sniveling and whining, or crickets when the team does well, is sure to help the program along in so many ways.... :rolleyes:

Next up -- #15 Oral Roberts just knocked off #2 tOSU.
(Qus: What do you call 2 gay guys named Bob?) :cool:
=====

Laughable quote from yesterday:
"The good news: A win is a win. Florida has advanced to the 2nd round.
The bad news: The sloppiness of the unit will prove fatal if they face a team like Ohio State."
~ Is that the #2 Seed tOSU schmuckeyes that just lost to 15 Seed Oral Roberts?
🤣

March Madness has officially commenced and the 7 Seed Florida Gators are the first team to punch their ticket to the round of 32 from the field with a gritty first-round triumph.
UF 75 - 70 VaTech in OT

Castleton is one of of only 7 players in the past 25 years to post 19 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 assists in an NCAA Tournament game.

BillyD's last season was a 16 win, no tourney, loser season, with most of the starters leaving with him.
Taking over, Mike White has gone to a post season tourney every season, with never a one and done to show for it.

~ 1st Year - 21 wins, NIT Quarter Finalist, with zero of his earned home games due to O'Dome renovations.

~ Then 5 consecutive Big Dance qualifications, only 4 appearances due to the Kung Flu scamdemic cancellation.

~ ZERO one & done's, so National Top 17-32 finishes every year, while playing the toughest OoC SoS and battling player injuries, in the already tough SEC, with his one Elite-8 finish and SEC CoY in his 2nd season .

~~ I know, let's whine and snivel constantly and scream for him to be fired, because the constant sniveling and whining, or crickets when the team does well, is sure to help the program along in so many ways.... :rolleyes:

=====

The bad news: The sloppiness of the unit will prove fatal if they face a team like Ohio State."
🤣

Mike White didn't make the actual NCAA tournament his first season (no one has cared about the NIT for years).

Mike White made that Elite Eight run his 2nd season with mostly starters that season he inherited from Donovan.

He can change his trajectory the last few years by not blowing this next game and actually teaching the players how to complete an inbounds pass while he also learns that you need the ball to go to a good foul shooter when its called for late in the game. Luckily we won in spite of that but if we would have blown that game that would have fell on Mike White.

Mike White went to the Elite 8 with Billy Ds players. Billy’s last season at UF was a struggle because he had to replace a lot of players. How easily you forget the year before Billy left we went like 31-3 and to the Final Four. Mike White isn’t going to win a National title here at UF much less 2 and he isn’t going to be having any 31-3 type seasons either.

Reactions: gatordad3
Mike White didn't make the actual NCAA tournament his first season (no one has cared about the NIT for years).

Mike White made that Elite Eight run his 2nd season with mostly starters that season he inherited from Donovan.

He can change his trajectory
the last few years by not blowing this next game and actually teaching the players how to complete an inbounds pass while he also learns that you need the ball to go to a good foul shooter when its called for late in the game. Luckily we won in spite of that but if we would have blown that game that would have fell on Mike White.

First off, you can stop attempting to speak for NO ONE/EVERYBODY. 😏
A new young HC taking over a LOSER team and making the NIT Quarter Finals while winning 21 games is a good accomplishment for a coach in his 1st transition season. Especially when he got ZERO of his earned home games due to the O'Dome renovations.

Mike White took over a loser 16 win team from BillyD, won 21 games and went to the NIT Quarter Finals that included an away game at tOSU with the BillyD's recruited players that BillyD only managed to win 16 games with. Under White's coaching Big Ed showed marked improvement on the defensive end of the floor as a junior before his season was cut short after he suffered a torn ACL on Feb. 14, 2017, at Auburn.
So he was not available for the E-8 Tourney. Egbunu ultimately never returned to the floor at UF following that injury. Following the season, Gak was injured in the off season playing for Australia and was also never a factor after that at UF.

As to Mike's trajectory goes... 🤓
— College basketball programs (Florida being one) that have won at least one game in each of the past four NCAA tournaments.

Coaches coach. Players still have to play. Are you (fevered-brain) claiming that Mike coaches his players to make the mistakes that THEY made during the game, while you give him no credit for all of the good plays that they made while WINNING the game? Mouthy/Whiney Nit-Wit confirmed....

Mike White went to the Elite 8 with Billy Ds players. Billy’s last season at UF was a struggle because he had to replace a lot of players. How easily you forget the year before Billy left we went like 31-3 and to the Final Four. Mike White isn’t going to win a National title here at UF much less 2 and he isn’t going to be having any 31-3 type seasons either.

As the taco gazes raptly into his unblemished crystal balls....
🤓
While I don't know that he will, but you certainly don't know that he can't or won't.
Opinions and speculations is all either of us have, but then I also don't have crystal balls... ;)

What you so readily overlook is this. Mike didn't take over Billy's 31-3 team, he took over Billy's 16-17 LOSER team and he improved them to an Elite-8 finish in just his 2nd SEC CoY season, doing so without the center being there (Egbunu went out permanently vs AU in Feb. 2017).

I'm still waiting on the whiners list of coaching replacements that will want to come here if Mike is fired with his glowing record of accomplishments.
* 6 — College basketball programs (Florida being one) that have won at least one game in each of the past four NCAA tournaments. (even with all of the injuries and a Top SoS that he's had to deal with)
I know I wouldn't want to step into that steaming pile of crap....

And do we also fire the complete idiots IYO (UAA/AD) that hired and then extended Mike's contract? :rolleyes:
What are your crystal balls telling you on that count???

A new young HC taking over a LOSER team and making the NIT Quarter Finals while winning 21 games is a good accomplishment for a coach in his 1st transition season. Especially when he got ZERO of his earned home games due to the O'Dome renovations.

Mike White took over a loser 16 win team from BillyD, won 21 games and went to the NIT Quarter Finals that included an away game at tOSU with the BillyD's recruited players that BillyD only managed to win 16 games with. Under White's coaching Big Ed showed marked improvement on the defensive end of the floor as a junior before his season was cut short after he suffered a torn ACL on Feb. 14, 2017, at Auburn.
So he was not available for the E-8 Tourney. Egbunu ultimately never returned to the floor at UF following that injury. Following the season, Gak was injured in the off season playing for Australia and was also never a factor after that at UF.

— College basketball programs (Florida being one) that have won at least one game in each of the past four NCAA tournaments.

Coaches coach. Players still have to play. Are you (fevered-brain) claiming that Mike coaches his players to make the mistakes that THEY made during the game, while you give him no credit for all of the good plays that they made while WINNING the game? Mouthy/Whiney Nit-Wit confirmed....
That "loser team" had nothing but young players with Frazier as the only returning starter. Billy Donovan would have taken that team Mike White inherited and would have led them to the big dance.
BTW, I doubt anyone here read your pointless comments in its entirety.

You honestly think the coach has nothing to do with the ball somehow going to a poor free throw shooter in that late situation and a team struggling greatly with something as basic as an inbounds pass?

If we had lost that game due to those things what would Coach White have blamed it on? The players being tired again? Or the players ignoring his coaching?

Having said all that I get the feeling this team may actually make a deep run this tournament if they make it to the Sweet 16 game.

That "loser team" had nothing but young players with Frazier as the only returning starter. Billy Donovan would have taken that team Mike White inherited and would have led them to the big dance.
BTW, I doubt anyone here read your pointless comments in its entirety.

So, you're saying that a HoF coach in what would have been his 20th season at UF, could have probably won a few more that 21 games, than a new young coach won in a transitions season?
Why that's absolutly genius of you.... 😏

Some certainly do have the attention spans of short bus riders, you being one of the prime examples of that. Speculations from a GatorDud that has crystal balls telling him everything about how things would have been. While everyone on this board waits expectantly for the Dud to spew his latest drivel about what he noses... 🤣

So, you're saying that a HoF coach in what would have been his 20th season at UF, could have probably won a few more that 21 games, than a new young coach won in a transitions season?

Some certainly do have the attention spans of short bus riders, you being one of the prime examples of that. Speculations from a GatorDud that has crystal balls telling him everything about how things would have been. While everyone on this board waits expectantly for the Dud to spew his latest drivel about what he noses... 🤣

Insta when is White going to reel off 6 SEC championships and 4 SEC tournament titles? Better yet when is he going to get the first one of those things?

I will gladly forget about that if he makes a FInal Four run this season however...

Fevered-brains can always be counted on to totally ignore what I said, never give answers to the question or points that I made, while throwing out more of his own unsubstantiated BS and village idiot questions.
Ending with a 'both sides of his idiot mouth' statements...
If they lose it will be -- 'I told you to fire him.'
If they win it will be -- 'See, I told you he was good to go.'

PS -- Like you 'honestly', IF chit didn't smell bad, then it would smell good.... :cool:

Insta when is White going to reel off 6 SEC championships and 4 SEC tournament titles? Better yet when is he going to get the first one of those things?

I will gladly forget about that if he makes a FInal Four run this season however...

Feveredbrains, Mike has a better chance of winning a NC,,,, than you will have of ever having a clue.

If you ever stop posting village idiot crap, I will gladly forget everything that I have ever posted at you... :cool:

Fevered-brains can always be counted on to totally ignore what I said, never give answers to the question or points that I made, while throwing out more of his own unsubstantiated BS and village idiot questions.
Ending with a 'both sides of his idiot mouth' statements...
If they lose it will be -- 'I told you to fire him.'
If they win it will be -- 'See, I told you he was good to go.'

PS -- Like you 'honestly', IF chit didn't smell bad, then it would smell good.... :cool:

Well more like I will deal with it knowing he isn't going anywhere if he makes a nice run.

As for myself l, White could make a Final Four run this season yet circle the drain the same way Lon Kruger did.

What's Sad for you is 98% of the people on this board agrees with what I post about Mike White while the only time you entertain us is when you get get pissed at me, Danny and Fevered brain.

As for myself l, White could make a Final Four run this season yet circle the drain the same way Lon Kruger did.

I could see him heading to Ole Miss after a couple of years kind of like how Kruger left if they don't improve much.

UF 75 - 70 VaTech in OT

=====

🤣
I can't remember who posted this, but this is where talent overcame Mike White's coaching deficiencies.

One thing that concerns me about the UF/ORU game is that the Gators have a propensity to foul too much and Oral Roberts is the #2 free thro shooting team in the country, over 82%.

Isn’t a sweet sixteen run kind of a “deep” run for this team in and of itself? Apparently enough is never enough....

That means he isn't going anywhere unless he chooses but I just think this may be one of those years we flirt with a Final Four if we win today.

I guess all those #1 seeds were right hoping to avoid Loyala in the 2nd round.

Scottie Lewis will have to stay out of foul trouble while guarding their hot shooter.

Yep need to keep either that guard or forward in check some to win probably. Castleton being thin might actually pay off in this game as that forward loves to shoot 3s.

That means he isn't going anywhere unless he chooses but I just think this may be one of those years we flirt with a Final Four if we win today.

I guess all those #1 seeds were right hoping to avoid Loyala in the 2nd round.

you'd like to think we could best 15 seed today, but I don't think we can get past Arky or Texas Tech. Be crazy if we did, but that sets us up against Baylor or Nova in the Elite 8. Getting the one team to upset a 2 seed is the only break we're going to get.

Now, that said, this tournament is shaping up to be wild. I don't trust Gonzaga to make the final 4, and if LSU plays like they're capable of, I could see them upsetting Michigan. Kansas as a 3 is vulnerable this year too.

The Oregon game will be interesting as well. Getting that first game canceled could be a huge advantage for them, especially since they really don't have any business being in the tournament at all.

Reactions: Gator Fever
you'd like to think we could best 15 seed today, but I don't think we can get past Arky or Texas Tech. Be crazy if we did, but that sets us up against Baylor or Nova in the Elite 8. Getting the one team to upset a 2 seed is the only break we're going to get.

Now, that said, this tournament is shaping up to be wild. I don't trust Gonzaga to make the final 4, and if LSU plays like they're capable of, I could see them upsetting Michigan. Kansas as a 3 is vulnerable this year too.

The Oregon game will be interesting as well. Getting that first game canceled could be a huge advantage for them, especially since they really don't have any business being in the tournament at all.

Baylor would be tough but I would probably have chosen them over Gonzaga and Illinois. If we were on that day I could see us winning. Not really sure about TT and if that looks like a better matchup if we advance than Arkansas.

Baylor would be tough but I would probably have chosen them over Gonzaga and Illinois. If we were on that day I could see us winning. Not really sure about TT and if that looks like a better matchup if we advance than Arkansas.

Gonzaga is a pretender as always.

baylor is going to be very tough for anybody to beat.

but. It's been a weird tournament so far.

Reactions: Gator Fever
What's Sad for you is 98% of the people on this board agrees with what I post about Mike White while the only time you entertain us is when you get get pissed at me, Danny and Fevered brain.

Naw, what's really funny is that you actually believe the VI drivel that you post here... 🤣

I could see him heading to Ole Miss after a couple of years kind of like how Kruger left if they don't improve much.

Mike White already has 19% of all of the NCAA Tourney appearances in UF history (21/4).
With all of the injuries he's had to deal with, with the toughest SoS's, with the scamdemic, and with some whiny snowflake fans constantly dissing on him and his teams.

BTW, the UAA and the AD agree with me, while those that don't have zero power to do anything but continue to whine and snivel, like the sorry 'entitled' fans that they have become.... 😛

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT