ADVERTISEMENT

The trumpanzees here say Slavery is completely abolished but 5 states have abolishing slavery on the upcoming docket for November

The exception that you're either unaware of (we know that already) or "OK" with is an exception to the abolishment of slavery amendments in state constitutions

Do you know what the word "exception" means?

Here we have a perfect example of a "law enforcement" officer who doesn't know what's in the law...and when shown to be completely ignorant of what's going on in his own state and in his own professional industry resorts to blaming it on a "BS liberal narrative" :rolleyes:

No stupid...your own legislature has put in on the ballot...is Alabama run by liberals?

https://news.ballotpedia.org/2022/0...oluntary-servitude-as-punishment-for-a-crime/
Alabama: Ratifies an updated and recompiled state constitution that was drafted to remove language considered racist, among other changes. The section stating “That no form of slavery shall exist in this state; and there shall not be any involuntary servitude, otherwise than for the punishment of crime, of which the party shall have been duly convicted,” would be removed.
So Alabama cannot REQUIRE inmates to make license plates in exchange for making them eligible to have time shaved off their sentences?

So Alabama cannot REQUIRE inmates to make license plates in exchange for making them eligible to have time shaved off their sentences?
Perhaps if the inmates receive something of value for their work, then this could not be considered slavery.

I know they receive a small amount in many states which they can use to buy items at the prison store - and they are also eligible for the most valuable thing of all - early parole and FREEDOM.

Reactions: Gator Fever
It seems to me that you are trying to create hatred for people who had nothing to do with slavery. Of course, this is what your evil Democrat Party does because playing the "race" card is the only thing they have to rely on,
Surprised he hasn't called out Betsy Ross for it. His idol Colon Krapperdic sure did.

7BjYGVIY4VAx.jpeg

It seems to me that you are trying to create hatred for people who had nothing to do with slavery. Of course, this is what your evil Democrat Party does because playing the "race" card is the only thing they have to rely on,

If only we could get an Oregon Antifa dude or Vermont plaid shirt wearing wokester to explain why THEY live in a state where such propositions are necessary?
Maybe they’re too busy taking down all their Robert E. Lee statues? All those Stonewall Jackson monuments...hmmm.

Do both of you need to read the 13th amendment of the US Constitution?

Its not about people who "had nothing to do with slavery" or someone in Oregon or Vermont only.

Its both of you if you're American citizens

The Thirteenth Amendment (Amendment XIII) to the United States Constitution abolished slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime.

The amendment was passed by the Senate on April 8, 1864, by the House of Representatives on January 31, 1865, and ratified by the required 27 of the then 36 states on December 6, 1865, and proclaimed on December 18. It was the first of the three Reconstruction Amendments adopted following the American Civil War.

It is law you idiot...

Not until it is ratified by voters you dolt.

Alabama town disbands police department over racist text

So if you ever develop the courage to tell me what you do for a living and then I link a story that shows where someone in your profession did something stupid, you will call yourself a moron who works in a field with lax requirements?

You never think anything through. Instead you throw crap on a wall and hope it sticks.

Just an fyi...you aren't mad at me for making you look stupid in our debates. You are mad at yourself for being stupid in our debates. Redirect your efforts and do better.

Alabama pays nothing

To my knowledge, they also don't require hard labor.

I've only heard of trustee positions where the inmates request certain work details. Those positions offer them more freedom of movement, skills, respite from boredom and it looks good for the parole board.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Perhaps if the inmates receive something of value for their work, then this could not be considered slavery.

Like room and board for example?

Why should taxpayers continue to pay $25-45k per year to house people who cannot or will not function in society?

These inmates are NOT breaking rocks btw. They're doing jobs that free world people do...and those free world people use that job to buy food and a place to live.

The lefties try to make people believe prisons in 2022 are still like that movie Cool Hand Luke. In reality the only tough things about prison now is the heat in southern prisons and dealing with your fellow inmates.

The lefties try to make people believe prisons in 2022 are still like that movie Cool Hand Luke. In reality the only tough things about prison now is the heat in southern prisons and dealing with your fellow inmates.

No joke, we occasionally have homeless people request to be taken to our jail so that they can sleep indoors and get some food.

Not until it is ratified by voters you dolt.

So if you ever develop the courage to tell me what you do for a living and then I link a story that shows where someone in your profession did something stupid, you will call yourself a moron who works in a field with lax requirements?

You never think anything through. Instead you throw crap on a wall and hope it sticks.

Just an fyi...you aren't mad at me for making you look stupid in our debates. You are mad at yourself for being stupid in our debates. Redirect your efforts and do better.
He’s a shit eater

Reactions: BamaFan1137
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT