ADVERTISEMENT

The trumpanzees here say Slavery is completely abolished but 5 states have abolishing slavery on the upcoming docket for November

You should defs make a trip to Alabama and attempt to purchase a slave. Let me know how that goes for you.

The state owns all of them now and don't put them up for sale
They're too busy making money off their servitude

OTOH, forced labor by convicted felons...that's legal according to the constitution.

Thanks for telling us nothing we didn't already know

And what makes that legal is the slavery exception that's written in the 13th amendment. You know the amendment about the abolishment of slavery.

Funny how language that allows for an exception to the 13th amendment isn't about slavery in your opinion, huh?

FTR I don't believe that it still occurs in Alabama. "Trustee" status in Alabama prisons and jails is a highly sought after status. Almost all of them apply for it, so that they can work, but very few are actually given the privilege.

Gun to my head, maybe 10% are given the privilege.

The debate was slavery still institutionally legal in America.
You disagreed

Now that you've been made aware of the number of states that have moved or are moving to remove the exception from their constitutions you're trying to turn the argument.

Why don't you just admit what the Alabama legislature has already admitted to?
And what Alabama's own media has reported?

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co.../2014/08/15/yep-slavery-still-legal/14135629/

Yep, slavery is still legal​

By Jim Liske

View Comments
On Sept. 15, 1963, the bomb that killed four girls at the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Ala., showed America just how far we had to go to fulfill the promise of justice and equality for all, even a century after the 13th Amendment ended slavery. Half a century after the bombing, the struggle is not over, in part because language in that same amendment still undermines the equal humanity of more than 7 million Americans who have been convicted of a crime.

https://freealabamamovement.wordpre...sec-32-from-the-alabama-constitution-of-1901/

Abolish Slavery Alabama: Remove Art. 1, sec. 32 from the Alabama Constitution of 1901​

Posted on December 3, 2020 by FREE ALABAMA MOVEMENT
Today, December 2, 2020, is International Abolish Slavery Day, and oh my! did it start with a bang. This date is historically important in America because of its historic practices of slavery and due to the fact that the 13th Amendment to the United States continues to have an exception clause that legalizes slavery and Involuntary servitude as punishment for crime.

Over the past several years, many incarcerated organizers, activists, artists and scholars in US prisons have worked to highlight not only the slavery exception clause in the 13th Amendment, but also the institutions this Amendment is responsible for creating (the network of Departments of Corrections around the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/06/19/13th-amendment-prisons-juneteenth/
Desperate to keep profiting from Black bondage, Alabama's leaders were exploiting an exception to the 13th Amendment, which outlawed slavery in the United States “except as a punishment for crime.” That caveat stands today, allowing forced labor in prisons that disproportionately hold people of color

You've read something in a book or in an article and you think that makes you an expert.

I guess when your over watching 2000 mules which has garnered nothing but criticism for for being inaccurate

You'll actually watch 13th (2016)...something that has received global accolades

The film was nominated for dozens of awards, winning best documentary at the British Academy Film Awards and the Primetime Emmy Awards, a Peabody Award for excellence, and receiving a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. DuVernay received a Primetime Emmy Award for her writing, and was nominated for directing.

So you're only 6 years behind what the rest of the world already knows

Amazing that a "law enforcement" officer isn't aware of the changes to his own state's constitution but considers himself an "expert"

An "expert" in not knowing much about the laws he's enforcing

the ony slavery thats stilla round is DEBT. and the raging fiscal and monetary libs that ensnare people with zirp monetary policies. COMMIES

• Angry
Reactions: nail1988
The state owns all of them now and don't put them up for sale
They're too busy making money off their servitude

Owns them? Actually no.

Making money off their servitude? Again, no.

The debate was slavery still institutionally legal in America.
You disagreed

I still do.

Again, to my knowledge, there isn't forced labor in Alabama prisons. Maybe there is and I'm unaware of it. And if there is, if convicted felons are required to work as a punishment and repayment to society, I'm entirely good with it. Even better if they can defer some of the costs required to house them in prisons.

You disagree and that's fine...but if you can't see the difference between prison labor and pre-Civil War slavery, you're a special kind of stupid. But of course you can...this is just a BS liberal narrative that you will fight for beyond all reason and common sense.

I guess when your over watching 2000 mules which has garnered nothing but criticism for for being inaccurate

I haven't seen it. Is it worth a look?

Do you ever tire of failing?

Amazing that a "law enforcement" officer isn't aware of the changes to his own state's constitution but considers himself an "expert"

As I've told you twice now, I was absolutely aware of it.

LMAO, how do you not understand the differing responsibilities between a law enforcement officer and a state legislator? They codify law and I enforce it. This isn't that difficult.

An "expert" in not knowing much about the laws he's enforcing

I'm pretty sure that the constitution has not been changed yet...so I guess I do know about the laws I'm enforcing.

The vote to ratify the changes will occur in November, genius. For reference, November comes after August.

I have forgotten more about the law than you will ever learn.

So the slavery exception exists and is used in current day America....
Multiple states use it to support their prison work operations

So I don't know if you can't take a bath in the winter or single females parachuting on Sunday....but hundreds of thousands of inmates are in forced servitude that hasn't been prohibited by the 13th amendment,,,

The exception clause exists and states are individually closing that exception that allows forced servitude
Wow ! this is such a big deal. We are so fortunate that you are all over this. I just wish there were more Democrats like you who really focus on the important issues facing our country.

Ray is a shit eater. The left spoon feeds this shit to him daily, he regurgitates left talking points from news agencies that lie, then comes here and blasts the board daily with subjects such as slavery in the prison systems and then when we don’t agree with him or care, he throws a fit, calls people trumpanzees (low level burn) and begins to act like a child throwing a temper tantrum. His outrage, just like all left outrage, is for show as they only truly care about themselves but will tell you he has a bleeding heart for others. Rinse and repeat daily.

ukalum obviously believes that the trumpanzee set here is well read
They aren't.

We even have bama who is supposedly a cop...and he doesn't know that his home state is one of the 5 states with the abolishment of the slavery exception on the ballot this year

Well informed law enforcement officer right there... 🤣

You want less 3rd party information? I want less unfounded opinion

Right now bama still believes that Big Pharma funds the R&D in new drug development
It does not

people like bama, capt ron, malone, & navi pretty much post nothing but biased opinion with no empirical proof of what they believe

That makes for quick responses but very little factual information

And your solution is that everyone should post that way?
A debate of unverifiable opinions?

I post my opinion & 3rd party information/data that confirms my opinion

You don't have to argue with me....argue with the data

And that usually means conservative here will quickly blame the media source, the media in general, or choose to ignore the information completely and stick to their unverified beliefs
12283.gif

If you look down the list of threads OTB, the ones from conservatives far outweigh the liberals. Just saying.

personally, I rarely start a thread so I make sure they count.
Whiney little libs!!! PLEASE finish off your posts with WHAAAAA WHAAAA WHAAAA..it is very fitting.

SECONDLY, let me introduce the resident libs to the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION!!! More directly to the 13th amendment(which your side heavily protested) https://www.archives.gov/historical-docs/13th-amendment

Any questions?

Reactions: gatordad3
Owns them? Actually no.

Making money off their servitude? Again, no.

I still do.

Again, to my knowledge, there isn't forced labor in Alabama prisons. Maybe there is and I'm unaware of it. And if there is, if convicted felons are required to work as a punishment and repayment to society, I'm entirely good with it. Even better if they can defer some of the costs required to house them in prisons.

You disagree and that's fine...but if you can't see the difference between prison labor and pre-Civil War slavery, you're a special kind of stupid. But of course you can...this is just a BS liberal narrative that you will fight for beyond all reason and common sense.

The exception that you're either unaware of (we know that already) or "OK" with is an exception to the abolishment of slavery amendments in state constitutions

Do you know what the word "exception" means?

Here we have a perfect example of a "law enforcement" officer who doesn't know what's in the law...and when shown to be completely ignorant of what's going on in his own state and in his own professional industry resorts to blaming it on a "BS liberal narrative" :rolleyes:

No stupid...your own legislature has put in on the ballot...is Alabama run by liberals?

https://news.ballotpedia.org/2022/0...oluntary-servitude-as-punishment-for-a-crime/
Alabama: Ratifies an updated and recompiled state constitution that was drafted to remove language considered racist, among other changes. The section stating “That no form of slavery shall exist in this state; and there shall not be any involuntary servitude, otherwise than for the punishment of crime, of which the party shall have been duly convicted,” would be removed.

The exception that you're either unaware of (we know that already) or "OK" with is an exception to the abolishment of slavery amendments in state constitutions

Do you know what the word "exception" means?

Here we have a perfect example of a "law enforcement" officer who doesn't know what's in the law...and when shown to be completely ignorant of what's going on in his own state and in his own professional industry resorts to blaming it on a "BS liberal narrative" :rolleyes:

No stupid...your own legislature has put in on the ballot...is Alabama run by liberals?

https://news.ballotpedia.org/2022/0...oluntary-servitude-as-punishment-for-a-crime/
Alabama: Ratifies an updated and recompiled state constitution that was drafted to remove language considered racist, among other changes. The section stating “That no form of slavery shall exist in this state; and there shall not be any involuntary servitude, otherwise than for the punishment of crime, of which the party shall have been duly convicted,” would be removed.

So in your pencil shaped head, forced labor from convicted felons = pre-Civil War slavery where one is born to a lifetime of servitude by the act of being born?

Ok...your logic is unassailable.

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
So in your pencil shaped head, forced labor from convicted felons = pre-Civil War slavery where one is born to a lifetime of servitude by the act of being born?

Ok...your logic is unassailable.
The slavery exception is codified in the very slavery abolishment amendments that you & the trumpanzee bunch believed completely outlawed the practice

Who cares what your definition of slavery is? (Its wrong BTW)
Slaves pre-Civil War were NOT born into a lifetime of servitude

Ever heard of a "freed" slave?

But I guess that's what you get when you're employed in a profession where the majority of its members have never attained anything higher than a HS diploma

Last edited:
The slavery exception is codified in the very slavery abolishment amendments that you & the trumpanzee bunch believed completely outlawed the practice

Who cares what your definition of slavery is? (Its wrong BTW)
Slaves pre-Civil War were NOT born into a lifetime of servitude

Ever heard of a "freed" slave?

But I guess that's what you get when you're employed in a profession where the majority of its members have never attained anything higher than a HS diploma

I understand the 13th. Slavery is still illegal you dolt.

Slaves were in fact born into slavery. I'm honestly surprised by your idiocy this time.

Very rarely, a slave who was born into slavery could purchase his or her freedom or his slave master might grant him or her their freedom. But in any event, they were still born into slavery.

I have a college degree man. I know a man smarter than you and I who doesn't have a high school diploma ftr. I can almost guarantee you that you have benefited from his genius whether you realize it or not.

In summation, you're a faux snob and convicted felons who might be forced to work are not the same as people born into slavery and traded like cattle. This all seems elementary.

Reactions: kygator1969

Then why is there an exception? What does the exception say?

You really don't understand anything

Slaves were in fact born into slavery. I'm honestly surprised by your idiocy this time.

Who's arguing that dumb dumb...you said "born to a lifetime of servitude"

Very rarely, a slave who was born into slavery could purchase his or her freedom or his slave master might grant him or her their freedom. But in any event, they were still born into slavery.

So I guess that ends the argument ...you didn't know what you were talking about when you said "lifetime" huh?

I have a college degree man. I know a man smarter than you and I who doesn't have a high school diploma ftr. I can almost guarantee you that you have benefited from his genius whether you realize it or not.

In summation, you're a faux snob and convicted felons who might be forced to work are not the same as people born into slavery and traded like cattle. This all seems elementary.

I don't know what diploma mill you attended but an exception to a rule is pretty simple concept for most educated people to understand

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137

So I guess that ends the argument ...you didn't know what you were talking about when you said "lifetime" huh?

I don't know what diploma mill you attended but an exception to a rule is pretty simple concept for most educated people to understand
Can you tell us where you got this info, son? Who told you this?

Stop being a lazy ass that won't do the work to contribute to a debate...

Read the thread for yourself....all of the links are there

A lifetime of slavery for 99.9% of slaves. A few managed to buy their way out or the slave master gave them their lives.

Short of those two rare circumstances, they were born into a lifetime of servitude.

You're not smart enough for me to continue to waste time with...arguing freaking semantics. Get smarter or piss off.

This shouldn’t surprise, he’s regurgitating shit again and doesn’t even know what you’re talking about. He’ll continue to argue in circles to frustrate you and then when you show any emotion, he’ll claim victory.

Last edited:
A lifetime of slavery for 99.9% of slaves. A few managed to buy their way out or the slave master gave them their lives.

Short of those two rare circumstances, they were born into a lifetime of servitude.

Wrong.

https://www2.census.gov/library/publications/decennial/1860/population/1860a-46.pdf
In the antebellum period many slaves escaped to freedom in the North and in Canada by running away, assisted by the Underground Railroad, staffed by former slaves and by abolitionist sympathizers. Census enumeration found a total of 488,070 "free colored" persons in the United States in 1860.

The Emancipation Proclamation freed roughly 4 million slaves
So freed slaves prior to the Civil War was roughly 10-12% of the slave population

You really have a college degree?

You're not smart enough for me to continue to waste time with...arguing freaking semantics. Get smarter or piss off.

No one is arguing semantics...
We're just busy debunking the clueless statements you make

And that takes up a lot of time 🤣

Wrong.

https://www2.census.gov/library/publications/decennial/1860/population/1860a-46.pdf
In the antebellum period many slaves escaped to freedom in the North and in Canada by running away, assisted by the Underground Railroad, staffed by former slaves and by abolitionist sympathizers. Census enumeration found a total of 488,070 "free colored" persons in the United States in 1860.

The Emancipation Proclamation freed roughly 4 million slaves
So freed slaves prior to the Civil War was roughly 10-12% of the slave population

No one is arguing semantics...
We're just busy debunking the clueless statements you make

And that takes up a lot of time 🤣

You are absolutely arguing semantics. But WGAS?

I'm fine with you being wrong out of spite.

You really have a college degree?

Courtesy of an academic scholarship. 😂

bama thinks the "slavery exception" isn't about slavery, that the 1860 census taken right before the Civil War is wrong, and thinks the payment plan that his diploma mill "university" gave him was a scholarship

trump university didn't have any scholarships

Yes your contribution to this thread amounts to about that much...nothing

See ya in November when Alabama's slavery exception is removed from the state Constitution 🤞

Yes your contribution to this thread amounts to about that much...nothing

See ya in November when Alabama's slavery exception is removed from the state Constitution 🤞

Sick burn...keep the gloves up you savage. 😂

So you knew it wasn't law yet and you still attempted to chastise me, as a cop, when you thought I didn't know it was on the ballot?

Haha, you are a special gift. Emphasis on the special.

Right?

Cleaning up the constitution is a great idea ftr. The document, as it reads today, argues with itself. It's pretty bad.

Eliminating trustee's from doing work they want to do, which instills them with a sense of pride and which often gives them life skills is a mistake, of course. Most morons even realize as much.

...most.

So you knew it wasn't law yet and you still attempted to chastise me, as a cop, when you thought I didn't know it was on the ballot?

It is law you idiot...

The ballot initiative is to remove the exception language from the state's constitution

The mall cop's confusion is just a common example of law enforcement in Alabama
Must be all of those rigorous requirements you need to apply :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-town-disbands-police-department-235012266.html
Alabama town disbands police department over racist text
Sat, August 6, 2022 at 7:50 PM·1 min read

VINCENT, Ala. (AP) — A racist text message sent by a police officer has prompted officials in a small Alabama town to disband their police department and fire the police chief and assistant chief.

Vincent Mayor James Latimore on Thursday confirmed that Police Chief James Srygley and Assistant Chief John L. Goss had been dismissed, al.com reported.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office on Friday condemned the two officers’ actions and said it stands with the city “in providing emergency law enforcement related service to the citizens (of Vincent) at this time.”

In the message, which recently surfaced on social media, someone identified as “752″ texts: “What do y’all call a pregnant slave?” An unidentified recipient responds twice: “?” and “??”

“752″ answers: “BOGO Buy one, get one free”

“This has torn this community apart. It doesn’t matter what color we are as long as we do right by people," City Councilman Corey Abrams said during Thursday's council meeting.

On Tuesday, Latimore said “appropriate action has been taken” against the officer alleged to have sent the text, though at the time he would not name the person or anyone involved.

The city's website lists three people in its department: Srygley, Goss and Officer Lee Carden.

During the council meeting, Latimore announced he had suspended the chief and assistant chief, and the council voted to end the agency. Latimer said Carden turned in his resignation via text message just hours after the city council voted to dissolve the department.

Located in central Alabama, southeast of Birmingham, Vincent has a population of just under 2,000 people. It's located in Shelby, St. Clair, and Talladega counties.

It is law you idiot...

The ballot initiative is to remove the exception language from the state's constitution

The mall cop's confusion is just a common example of law enforcement in Alabama
Must be all of those rigorous requirements you need to apply :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-town-disbands-police-department-235012266.html
Alabama town disbands police department over racist text
Sat, August 6, 2022 at 7:50 PM·1 min read

VINCENT, Ala. (AP) — A racist text message sent by a police officer has prompted officials in a small Alabama town to disband their police department and fire the police chief and assistant chief.

Vincent Mayor James Latimore on Thursday confirmed that Police Chief James Srygley and Assistant Chief John L. Goss had been dismissed, al.com reported.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office on Friday condemned the two officers’ actions and said it stands with the city “in providing emergency law enforcement related service to the citizens (of Vincent) at this time.”

In the message, which recently surfaced on social media, someone identified as “752″ texts: “What do y’all call a pregnant slave?” An unidentified recipient responds twice: “?” and “??”

“752″ answers: “BOGO Buy one, get one free”

“This has torn this community apart. It doesn’t matter what color we are as long as we do right by people," City Councilman Corey Abrams said during Thursday's council meeting.

On Tuesday, Latimore said “appropriate action has been taken” against the officer alleged to have sent the text, though at the time he would not name the person or anyone involved.

The city's website lists three people in its department: Srygley, Goss and Officer Lee Carden.

During the council meeting, Latimore announced he had suspended the chief and assistant chief, and the council voted to end the agency. Latimer said Carden turned in his resignation via text message just hours after the city council voted to dissolve the department.

Located in central Alabama, southeast of Birmingham, Vincent has a population of just under 2,000 people. It's located in Shelby, St. Clair, and Talladega counties.
It seems to me that you are trying to create hatred for people who had nothing to do with slavery. Of course, this is what your evil Democrat Party does because playing the "race" card is the only thing they have to rely on,

So there aren't 5 states that have the abolishment of the slavery exception clause on the ballot?
If only we could get an Oregon Antifa dude or Vermont plaid shirt wearing wokester to explain why THEY live in a state where such propositions are necessary?
Maybe they’re too busy taking down all their Robert E. Lee statues? All those Stonewall Jackson monuments...hmmm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT