ADVERTISEMENT

Ron DeSantis stands no chance against a political barbarian like Donald Trump...

Went to HS with this guy

Marine Corps Brig. Gen. David L. Odom for appointment to the grade of major general. Odom is currently serving as deputy director for Current and Integrated Operations, J-3, Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.

David_L._Odom_%283%29.jpg

Says he was confirmed to major general on dec 15th 2022

Reactions: EvilWayz
Is this just another instance of your contrarian tendencies triggering you into defending a guy who talks like Locutus of Borg and who you already insinuated is under RINO influence?
I'm on record calling out Trump for doing the same thing. You can bang on DeSantis for being too cozy with RINOs if you want, but his record on Florida is pretty solid. You always get upset when we say you act like a liberal, but then you turn around and.....act like a liberal.

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3

This is a very dumb move by DeSantis.

Yes, Ron supported the move, as many pubs in Congress did.

But Trump made it happen. Just a dumb fight to pick.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Just as I've been saying all along, and it would also set the stage for a DeSantis run for President in 2028....

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
I mean this in the nicest way possible...you are a lunatic.

No I can see what is happening like anyone that opens their eyes. This clown has been setting up a run with the crooked Rep establishment apparatus/big donors since the end of the major Covid stuff running a Trojan horse strategy they gave him. Now they see that wont work as good as they thought and are pivoting to a Trump cant win talking point. All their paid media influencers are literally all on the same page with the talking points as they try and pull it off.

Its not happening. I will self ban for a month if Trump moved out of Florida to put this clown on a ticket with him after he was stabbing him in the back. Even if DeSantis wasnt a snake Trump wouldnt leave FL as his residence for business and tax reasons.
You'll self ban if proven wrong? Goodness, how big of you.

• Love
So two points to consider with this:

1 - Would it happen?
2 - If so, when?

Would it happen? On the one hand, Trump does NOT take disagreements personally. He got into constant cat fights with Cruz, Rubio and Paul during the 2016 primaries, and he is on very good terms with all of them now. He just doesn't take the insults personally.

What he DOES take personally, is if he feels someone has betrayed him. Ask Jeff Sessions. Trump dogged Sessions over recusing himself, then eventually fired him THEN propped up Tuberville to beat him in the Senate race when Sessions tried to win back the seat he vacated to become Trump's AG.

And Trump does feel betrayed by DeSantis pursuing a run in 24 because Trump rightfully feels like he was a huge part in DeSantis winning in 2018. And he was. DeSantis was trailing by double digits in polls till Trump stepped in and endorsed him. The race turned overnight for DeSantis after Trump's endorsement.

But.....that doesn't mean there's no chance of a Trump - DeSantis ticket happening. Just means it's still unlikely IMO.

But let's assume it does happen. WHEN should it happen? And I guess that means should DeSantis announce or not.

Is it better for DeSantis to announce, to run, to be in constant fights with Trump, to bow out early, then Trump comes back later and picks him as his VP?

Or would it be better for DeSantis to never officially run, and later Trump, after he's easily won the nomination, picks DeSantis as his VP.

I dunno. I do know this: If Trump picks DeSantis as his VP, the chances of the election getting suspended in 2024 immediately shoot up to near 100%. Dems know they cannot cheat their way out of a Trump - DeSantis ticket as that ticket would not only all but completely unite the republican voters, it would also pick up a chunk of true independents as well.

We'll see what happens. I am still saying Trump - Lake, but if Trump and DeSantis can work it out as a ticket, I'm fine with that.

I honor ban bets even if just a one way ban. Not sure if everyone does but my offer to you still stands on Durham if you want to take the bet and actually honor it.
Saying you will leave the board if proven wrong isn't a ban bet. That's you getting to duck out and avoid being laughed at for being wrong.

Problem is, you already get laughed at for just being you.

No I can see what is happening like anyone that opens their eyes. This clown has been setting up a run with the crooked Rep establishment apparatus/big donors since the end of the major Covid stuff running a Trojan horse strategy they gave him. Now they see that wont work as good as they thought and are pivoting to a Trump cant win talking point. All their paid media influencers are literally all on the same page with the talking points as they try and pull it off.

• Haha
Saying you will leave the board if proven wrong isn't a ban bet. That's you getting to duck out and avoid being laughed at for being wrong.

Problem is, you already get laughed at for just being you.

Nonsense its saying you are so confident you are correct that you will ban yourself without another person taking the other side of the bet. Heck you dont even get the chance to see someone else banned if they lose a bet so it shows even more confidence in the prediction.

You are the biggest joke on here and are wrong on so much crap it isnt even funny. Maybe you can get some more good info from that clown that assured everyone Durham was bringing some real justice. The 5D chess nonsense or whatever he calls it. Let me guess you heard JFK Jr was still alive also.

So two points to consider with this:

1 - Would it happen?
2 - If so, when?

Would it happen? On the one hand, Trump does NOT take disagreements personally. He got into constant cat fights with Cruz, Rubio and Paul during the 2016 primaries, and he is on very good terms with all of them now. He just doesn't take the insults personally.

What he DOES take personally, is if he feels someone has betrayed him. Ask Jeff Sessions. Trump dogged Sessions over recusing himself, then eventually fired him THEN propped up Tuberville to beat him in the Senate race when Sessions tried to win back the seat he vacated to become Trump's AG.

And Trump does feel betrayed by DeSantis pursuing a run in 24 because Trump rightfully feels like he was a huge part in DeSantis winning in 2018. And he was. DeSantis was trailing by double digits in polls till Trump stepped in and endorsed him. The race turned overnight for DeSantis after Trump's endorsement.

But.....that doesn't mean there's no chance of a Trump - DeSantis ticket happening. Just means it's still unlikely IMO.

But let's assume it does happen. WHEN should it happen? And I guess that means should DeSantis announce or not.

Is it better for DeSantis to announce, to run, to be in constant fights with Trump, to bow out early, then Trump comes back later and picks him as his VP?

Or would it be better for DeSantis to never officially run, and later Trump, after he's easily won the nomination, picks DeSantis as his VP.

I dunno. I do know this: If Trump picks DeSantis as his VP, the chances of the election getting suspended in 2024 immediately shoot up to near 100%. Dems know they cannot cheat their way out of a Trump - DeSantis ticket as that ticket would not only all but completely unite the republican voters, it would also pick up a chunk of true independents as well.

We'll see what happens. I am still saying Trump - Lake, but if Trump and DeSantis can work it out as a ticket, I'm fine with that.
you saved me from writing a long post. I agree with everything you said here.

Iā€™ll be surprised if DeSantis would want to be Trumpā€™s running mate. That said, he might agree to it to undercut the rest of the GOP field and clinch his position as heir to the MAGA Throne. If Trump has to drop out for health or legal reasons, DeSantis is the clear replacement and his hands are clean.

Iā€™ll be surprised if DeSantis would want to be Trumpā€™s running mate. That said, he might agree to it to undercut the rest of the GOP field and clinch his position as heir to the MAGA Throne. If Trump has to drop out for health or legal reasons, DeSantis is the clear replacement and his hands are clean.

I think DeSantis might ruin his 2028 chances playing this game. All the other candidates will probably turn most of their fire on him hoping to move to the 2nd spot praying the left can lock Trump up somehow and he has already alienated much of the base backstabbing Trump. If Trump actually wins in 2024 he will make sure DeSantis is dead for 2028 after he pulled this mess on him.

I think DeSantis might ruin his 2028 chances playing this game. All the other candidates will probably turn most of their fire on him hoping to move to the 2nd spot praying the left can lock Trump up somehow and he has already alienated much of the base backstabbing Trump. If Trump actually wins in 2024 he will make sure DeSantis is dead for 2028 after he pulled this mess on him.
Okay.

Reactions: Gator Fever
There is the state issue of them both being Florida residents. Neither one of them is moving, so I don't see that happening either way.

The issue is it would let the Senate pick the VP unless Trump won by more than FL's EV. Its in the Constitution they cant give electoral votes to both residing in the same state.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Critical thinker has a question: What if DeSantis IS talking to the RINOs about stopping Trump, and has been for a year.

But...Trump told him to do it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT