ADVERTISEMENT

Racism/Sexism continues in Biden Admin

Here's the question. Did Biden have to publicly announce during the debate that he would pick a black woman if he were to have the opportunity. Even if that was his intent as a pick, couldn't he have just picked a black woman without making it a public declaration during a debate. Or did he feel it was necessary to state it to boost his candidacy with the progressives.

It would have been better for Ms Jackson to just have been chosen without the Biden campaign promise because I think it lessens people saying she got the job because of a certain identity, not because of most qualified. Now, people might think that anyway but why advertise it before hand.

Left or right, giving anyone a job based on sex or color is completely wrong.

With that said, Trump took a lot of shit from the public when he selected Kavanaugh. Hell, a fake witch hunt on the man’s integrity came out of it and all because he’s a pro life/constitution judge.

Trump then selects Coney Barrett and it still wasn’t good enough even though she’s female.

Biden made the promise that a black female Justice would be on the SC. Good on the man for keeping his promise but it’s because what his party wants, not if she’s qualified or not.

There in lies the issue, whether she’s qualified or not, she was selected on gender and skin color.

Here's the question. Did Biden have to publicly announce during the debate that he would pick a black woman if he were to have the opportunity. Even if that was his intent as a pick, couldn't he have just picked a black woman without making it a public declaration during a debate. Or did he feel it was necessary to state it to boost his candidacy with the progressives.

It would have been better for Ms Jackson to just have been chosen without the Biden campaign promise because I think it lessens people saying she got the job because of a certain identity, not because of most qualified. Now, people might think that anyway but why advertise it before hand.
I have no issue with people saying he didn't handle it best and probably should've announced it. I am just more pragmatic about this then you guy. This is extremely common with President and presidential candidates. So feel like it's disingenuous to criticize a man for doing something that is pretty freaking normal. He wasn't the 1st and won't be last to make a declaration.

I'm not saying that she isn't qualified. I'm saying that there were others who were more qualified. Some of them significantly more qualified.

Her nomination was an act of virtue signaling by Biden. That's what I am saying cheapens the very real accomplishment.

A black woman, sure. But we've had women and we've had black justices...so it's not exactly a Jackie Robinson or Thurgood Marshall moment.

I believe she will be confirmed by the Senate with relative ease fwiw. The biggest marks against her are her experience (lack of time in her current role) and the fact that her decisions have been overturned a few times including by liberal judges.
She is qualified, we never picked the most qualified. Kavanaugh and Barrett wasn't the most qualified. Kagan wasn't the most qualified. Let's not have different expectations.

In the black community this is a big deal, especially for black women. If you cannot see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Is Mrs. Jackson qualified?

Yes, I believe that she is qualified. Is she the best candidate or even the best from the liberal perspective? Absolutely not.

Again, and I think that you hear me on this, but imo the people most damaged by this move by Biden are those he is using to genuflect...Mrs Jackson herself and black women in general.

In this case only black women were considered...so anyone who wasn't black and female were given absolutely no shot.

Is it systemic racism? Absolutely not.

Is it an act of racism? I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise.
Racism is based on hate. This was a decision based on hate. As I previously stated, I understand why people believes this fall in the diversity/inclusion bucket.

She is qualified, we never picked the most qualified. Kavanaugh and Barrett wasn't the most qualified. Kagan wasn't the most qualified. Let's not have different expectations.

In the black community this is a big deal, especially for black women. If you cannot see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Meh...we aren't communicating. I've made my point, you've made yours. I can live with that.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
Racism is based on hate. This was a decision based on hate. As I previously stated, I understand why people believes this fall in the diversity/inclusion bucket.
I don’t agree with racism being based off hate. I literally know nothing about the SC nominee but can easily see it was a racist move by Biden to pick her on her skin color. That’s whether she is or isn’t qualified.

Just like it could be seen as sexist when Coney Barrett got her nomination.

The irony is, if Trump had done this very same thing, @kalimgoodman would have not only called it racism, he would have also noted that Trump was pandering to black voters.

See these people aren't stupid. They know what the dems are doing and they know it's wrong. They just don't care.

The irony is, if Trump had done this very same thing, @kalimgoodman would have not only called it racism, he would have also noted that Trump was pandering to black voters.

See these people aren't stupid. They know what the dems are doing and they know it's wrong. They just don't care.
This is why “racism or racist” has lost its luster and is a political weapon instead of a serious problem or accusation.

This is why “racism or racist” has lost its luster and is a political weapon instead of a serious problem or accusation.
What was fascinating to me is Biden said he was intentionally going to nominate a black woman and had he not announced it and just nominated this particular person he would’ve been just fine because she’s eminently qualified for the position as it is.

Biden made it about race and sex by saying before hand he was going to target somebody intentionally that was black and female.

Last edited:
Was fascinating to me is heading nuts said he was intentionally going to nominate a black woman and it just nominated this particular person he would’ve been just fine because she’s eminently qualified for the position as it is.

Biden made it about race and sex by saying before hand he was going to target somebody intentionally that was black and female.
When he announced what his intentions were, he made it political and not about merit.

I do agree with some, if he didn’t announce it prior, this wouldn’t be a discussion.

Now, I know nothing about the woman (assuming I used the correct pronoun) and hope she is qualified.

When he announced what his intentions were, he made it political and not about merit.

I do agree with some, if he didn’t announce it prior, this wouldn’t be a discussion.

Now, I know nothing about the woman (assuming I used the correct pronoun) and hope she is qualified.
I mean you and I wouldn’t agree with her politically but she is qualified for the position. She has a long track record of upholding the Constitution and she has the educational background it back it up. She served on the Washington Federal appeals court for a number of years and was nearly unanimously placed on the court.

She does not have a track record of being an activist per sey.

No she wouldn’t be my pic but she feels the shoes inside of the person she’s replacing about equally.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
I mean you and I wouldn’t agree with her politically but she is qualified for the position. She has a long track record of upholding the Constitution and she has the educational background it back it up. She served on the Washington Federal appeals court for a number of years and was nearly unanimously placed on the court.

She does not have a track record of being an activist per sey.

No she wouldn’t be my pic but she feels the shoes inside of the person she’s replacing about equally.
Based off that, she’s qualified.

Dems will get this one pushed through. The question is, will the pubs piss and moan or create a fake scandal and try to decimate her resume because they may not agree with her on anything?

No, they will vote as it should be.

The left should really be ashamed of themselves. Anyone, right or left, who creates lies in order to prevent someone from progressing their career should immediately resign from their position.

Based off that, she’s qualified.

Dems will get this one pushed through. The question is, will the pubs piss and moan or create a fake scandal and try to decimate her resume because they may not agree with her on anything?

No, they will vote as it should be.

The left should really be ashamed of themselves. Anyone, right or left, who creates lies in order to prevent someone from progressing their career should immediately resign from their position.
If their problems are smart they would support her without question and then the Dems would look doubly stupid for making it about her being black and female before her being qualified. The Republicans it should go out of the way to say based off the merits of her qualifications were voting for her

Republicans will be smart to never say a single thing again about how Biden made it about her being a woman in black.

Reactions: BillCutting4585
If their problems are smart they would support her without question and then the Dems would look doubly stupid for making it about her being black and female before her being qualified. The Republicans it should go out of the way to say based off the merits of her qualifications were voting for her

Republicans will be smart to never say a single thing again about how Biden made it about her being a woman in black.
Agree on all fronts but let’s be honest, this is DC we’re talking about, home of clown world.

So how does this apply to this case?

1. The white man/majority wasn't given a fair shot?

2./3. The system is designed to oppress white people from being judges?

I don't see how the word correlates with any of this. I don't you remember, so I'm not saying you but anyone calling this act racist or a form of racism is just using the word for trigger points.
You really do struggle with reading comprehension. It textbook fits with definition number 2 in @BamaFan1137 post. Good grief

I have no issue with people saying he didn't handle it best and probably should've announced it. I am just more pragmatic about this then you guy. This is extremely common with President and presidential candidates. So feel like it's disingenuous to criticize a man for doing something that is pretty freaking normal. He wasn't the 1st and won't be last to make a declaration.
So, if racism is extremely common it’s ok? Got it

I don't think the Republicans will push back. They won't vote for her but they also won't make this difficult.

So, if racism is extremely common it’s ok? Got it
No I'm not bothered by any of it. It's pretty standard.

Question, did it bother you when Trump made a "sexist" announcement that he was picking a woman?

Before you go crazy, I'm only asking to see if you truly hate that style of politics or does it only bother you when Ds do it.

No I'm not bothered by any of it. It's pretty standard.

Question, did it bother you when Trump made a "sexist" announcement that he was picking a woman?

Before you go crazy, I'm only asking to see if you truly hate that style of politics or does it only bother you when Ds do it.
Not bothered by racism. Got it

I guess @Uniformed_ReRe isn’t either. This thread is doing it’s job. Outing racists.

There was a time, when slavery was “pretty standard”

just sayin

What makes her unqualified to you?
1. She sits on Harvard Board of Overseers-Harvard has a policy of racial discrimination against Asians in their application process. Case is going to the Supreme Court btw. That in turn makes her a racist, no?
2. She has very little experience. Supreme Court justices need to be vastly experienced and have decisions that do not get easily overturned. She has been overturned several times by liberal courts wait for it......stating "judicial overreach" in her decisions. Yikes!!!!
3. She has been asked several times on whether she believes the Constitution is a living document, a key indicator of a liberal/legislate from the bench mentality with a shaky "no" one time and several meandering kamala harris type word salad, answers the other times. Red flag
4. She is viewed as an average judge by her peers. SCOTUS need to be the top of their field.
5. Potato head biden declared he was going to pick a black woman to be his nominee. This eliminates 95% of the the potential candidates for SCOTUS. How are we getting the best if the field is narrowed this much?
6. As a public defender she defended a Gauntanamo Bay terrorist. Why didn't she recuse herself? This screams to me that she believes terrorists intending on doing harm to innocent people have the same rights as an American citizen. WTF?

Please answer these questions:
1. Was the nomination of Janice Rogers Brown a big deal in the black community? BTW FAR more qualified and experienced than Mrs. Jackson.
2. Who filibustered Brown's nomination not once, but twice for her appointment to the US court of appeals?
3. Why didn't Obama nominate Janice Rogers Brown to the SCOTUS?
4. Was it a big deal in the black community when Colin Powell was Secretary of State?
5. Was it a big deal in the black community when Clarence Thomas became a SCOTUS?
6. Was it a big deal in the black community when Condoleeza Rice became Secretary of State?

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Not bothered by racism. Got it

I guess @Uniformed_ReRe isn’t either. This thread is doing it’s job. Outing racists.

There was a time, when slavery was “pretty standard”

just sayin
You didn't answer and stop changing the subject.

Once again;

1. She sits on Harvard Board of Overseers-Harvard has a policy of racial discrimination against Asians in their application process. Case is going to the Supreme Court btw. That in turn makes her a racist, no?
2. She has very little experience. Supreme Court justices need to be vastly experienced and have decisions that do not get easily overturned. She has been overturned several times by liberal courts wait for it......stating "judicial overreach" in her decisions. Yikes!!!!
3. She has been asked several times on whether she believes the Constitution is a living document, a key indicator of a liberal/legislate from the bench mentality with a shaky "no" one time and several meandering kamala harris type word salad, answers the other times. Red flag
4. She is viewed as an average judge by her peers. SCOTUS need to be the top of their field.
5. Potato head biden declared he was going to pick a black woman to be his nominee. This eliminates 95% of the the potential candidates for SCOTUS. How are we getting the best if the field is narrowed this much?
6. As a public defender she defended a Gauntanamo Bay terrorist. Why didn't she recuse herself? This screams to me that she believes terrorists intending on doing harm to innocent people have the same rights as an American citizen. WTF?
She has more experience than ACB. She was Judge for almost 10 years to ACB 3. ACB wrote papers about the ACA and was boards/groups for anti abortion. Trump said that he was nominating a woman, so that eliminated half the field.

So were you saying ACB wasn't qualified?

As gator1776 said, I get that you don't like her views on the law/constitution but to say that she isn't qualified is laughable.

Please answer these questions:
1. Was the nomination of Janice Rogers Brown a big deal in the black community? BTW FAR more qualified and experienced than Mrs. Jackson.
2. Who filibustered Brown's nomination not once, but twice for her appointment to the US court of appeals?
3. Why didn't Obama nominate Janice Rogers Brown to the SCOTUS?
4. Was it a big deal in the black community when Colin Powell was Secretary of State?
5. Was it a big deal in the black community when Clarence Thomas became a SCOTUS?
6. Was it a big deal in the black community when Condoleeza Rice became Secretary of State?
3. Why didn't Obama nominate Janice Rogers Brown to the SCOTUS? Why would he? Stupid question.
4. Was it a big deal in the black community when Colin Powell was Secretary of State? Yes
5. Was it a big deal in the black community when Clarence Thomas became a SCOTUS? Yes
6. Was it a big deal in the black community when Condoleeza Rice became Secretary of State? Yes

She has more experience than ACB. She was Judge for almost 10 years to ACB 3. ACB wrote papers about the ACA and was boards/groups for anti abortion. Trump said that he was nominating a woman, so that eliminated half the field.

So were you saying ACB wasn't qualified?

As gator1776 said, I get that you don't like her views on the law/constitution but to say that she isn't qualified is laughable.
You asked me "What makes her unqualified to you?" That means you want my opinion. I gave my opinion and how I came about it with facts. Her as any other judge's understanding of law/constitution are the only thing that matter. The rule of law as it is written not interpreted is the only thing that should matter. It is a judges responsibility to ensure decisions are made based on the written rule of law and facts, not political views or what he/she thinks the law says.
We were discussing Jackson, are you now expanding the discussion to Amy Comey Barrett?

Last edited:
Reactions: jfegaly
3. Why didn't Obama nominate Janice Rogers Brown to the SCOTUS? Why would he? Stupid question.
4. Was it a big deal in the black community when Colin Powell was Secretary of State? Yes
5. Was it a big deal in the black community when Clarence Thomas became a SCOTUS? Yes
6. Was it a big deal in the black community when Condoleeza Rice became Secretary of State? Yes
Where are your answers to #1 and #2? I tell you what I will meet you half way and answer #2 for you. joe biden filibustered the nomination of Janice Rogers Brown not once, BUT TWICE.
And there are no stupid questions, just people who claim they are stupid questions because they don't have an answer or are unwilling to answer the question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT