ADVERTISEMENT

NIT, here we come

FWIW ESPN Bracketology has us as a #6 seed right now, which to me seems very generous.
We tend to think of it in the context of what we expect for the rest of the year. I think Lunardi thinks of it as if the season closed...right now.

We tend to think of it in the context of what we expect for the rest of the year. I think Lunardi thinks of it as if the season closed...right now.
I still think it is generous to say we would be a #6 seed right now today if the season was over.

It gets better.

A friend of mine hired me as his assistant coach. I’m kind of like the Jerry West to his Pat Riley.

Also, if it’s pst 4pm CST, I’m p obablu at least somewhat inhebroated.

Is this kinda like how homos lash out at other homos because they hate themselves? All these years you've been trying to surpress your inner Phil Jackson

Is this kinda like how homos lash out at other homos because they hate themselves? All these years you've been trying to surpress your inner Phil Jackson

It was a rough game today. Turned the ball over way too much...something like 11 of 13 possessions at one point. Lack of execution in the passing game and were t aggressive getting rebounds, which is embarrassing considering our 4 and 5 are both the biggest girls in the league.

12-6 loss.

You want to be frustrated over basketball? Watch youth rec league. It’s an odd feeling getting mad at the few really good players on the opposing teams and wishing I’ll will upon them.

Reactions: oozie7
It was a rough game today. Turned the ball over way too much...something like 11 of 13 possessions at one point. Lack of execution in the passing game and were t aggressive getting rebounds, which is embarrassing considering our 4 and 5 are both the biggest girls in the league.

12-6 loss.

You want to be frustrated over basketball? Watch youth rec league. It’s an odd feeling getting mad at the few really good players on the opposing teams and wishing I’ll will upon them.

LOL this is great.

Unless we get out collective heads out of our asses, we are going to lose again to a bad team. At home.

Down by five to Bama with 10 minutes left,

White makes zero 2nd half adjustments. In fact we typically get worse in the 2nd half. His half court offense is miserable. He looks like he has no clue but we don’t move the ball around at all. We just stand around on offense. I just don’t think he’s that good of an X’s and O’s Coach.

[QU. E="PacoGator19, post: 1227281, member: 4180"]White makes zero 2nd half adjustments. In fact we typically get worse in the 2nd half. His half court offense is miserable. He looks like he has no clue but we don’t move the ball around at all. We just stand around on offense. I just don’t think he’s that good of an X’s and O’s Coach.[/QUOTE]
Yep

Its confusing to me on offense. We stand around for 12 seconds with nobody moving. Starting to think last year was a fluke.

[QU. E="PacoGator19, post: 1227281, member: 4180"]White makes zero 2nd half adjustments. In fact we typically get worse in the 2nd half. His half court offense is miserable. He looks like he has no clue but we don’t move the ball around at all. We just stand around on offense. I just don’t think he’s that good of an X’s and O’s Coach.
Yep[/QUOTE]
Well, we have ZERO inside presence, I don't care who's in there. Our outside shooting today has been awful and by the way, White didn't take any of those shots including the air balls. Our Comrade just can't drive to the basket, totally out of control every time and every game he tries it. Cheese had a bad game today, happens.You can blame White but it's not the game plan it's the execution.

Reactions: sadgator
Crazy how this team can play so poorly at home at times. Hopefully we back into the tournament somehow. Coach needs to stop playing such small lineups so much.

Its confusing to me on offense. We stand around for 12 seconds with nobody moving. Starting to think last year was a fluke.
It was a fluke. That is exactly what we do in our half court offense. It’s pretty poor coaching.

aecho said:
Well, we have ZERO inside presence, I don't care who's in there. Our outside shooting today has been awful and by the way, White didn't take any of those shots including the air balls. Our Comrade just can't drive to the basket, totally out of control every time and every game he tries it. Cheese had a bad game today, happens.You can blame White but it's not the game plan it's the execution.[/QUOTE]
I guess. But this is year 3 and we are clearly headed to nit. Thats 2 out of 3 seasons. Somethings up

Well, we have ZERO inside presence, I don't care who's in there. Our outside shooting today has been awful and by the way, White didn't take any of those shots including the air balls. Our Comrade just can't drive to the basket, totally out of control every time and every game he tries it. Cheese had a bad game today, happens.You can blame White but it's not the game plan it's the execution.[/QUOTE]No it’s the game plan. Our half court offensive system is terrible. It’s been bad all year long. White just got outcozhebd big time.

[QUOTif ="aecho, post: 1227367, member: 5778"]Depends when and if we get our big back and in playing shape.[/QUOTE]
Even If we get them back getting too late in the season. This team is getting a little worse each game

Egbunu will probably not play meaningful minutes for at least the rest of the regular season, if at all. He has still not been cleared for contact drills.

Mike White deserves some criticism here. His team was beat up and down the floor. Bad shots everywhere. He needs to be sitting players who wont listen. He's too casual.

I can no longer make the excuse of not having Egbunu being the cause for our problems. We made it to the Elite 8 last year without Egbunu. But we had Robinson, Leon & Hayes. Hayes and Stone this year have weak hands and don't fight, IMO. Bassett is just not ready. Hayes goes for the block and too often gives up position, but he very weak hands and gets outfought for the ball way too much. Our shooters tare all taking bad shots and missing too many open ones. They are, to me, the most underachieving Gator team I can remember and I've been following Gator basketball for over 50 years. Remember, this was a pre-season Top 10 team without Egbunu and they have shown that when they play hard and smart for 40 minutes they can play with anybody. They've just quit playing hard and smart and seem to have lost their heart and will to win. Very disappointing.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Well, I brought it up yesterday.

We went ice cold and tried to shoot ourselves out of it.

Where was the scheme? We went straight up street ball for the second half. And maybe it’s because I was frustrated with the slow start to the half and didn’t notice it, but once again, no commitment to an offense. We needed to settle down and run he motion (I mean...we’re SUPPOSED to be running the motion) but instead we just ran up the court and lobbed up bad shot after bad shot and couldn’t buy a basket.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I can no longer make the excuse of not having Egbunu being the cause for our problems. We made it to the Elite 8 last year without Egbunu. But we had Robinson, Leon & Hayes. Hayes and Stone this year have weak hands and don't fight, IMO. Bassett is just not ready. Hayes goes for the block and too often gives up position, but he very weak hands and gets outfought for the ball way too much. Our shooters tare all taking bad shots and missing too many open ones. They are, to me, the most underachieving Gator team I can remember and I've been following Gator basketball for over 50 years. Remember, this was a pre-season Top 10 team without Egbunu and they have shown that when they play hard and smart for 40 minutes they can play with anybody. They've just quit playing hard and smart and seem to have lost their heart and will to win. Very disappointing.

Yep usually if our shots aren't dropping pretty good we will lose to a decent team. I think KY was the only good win I remember where we shot really bad against a decent team.

I think Coach is too quick to play small ball too much however even if the bigs are struggling some.

What was it tied at 43 before Bama went on a 21-6 run? I haven't watched a lot of our games to know but is the offense always this way? All I saw were bombs from deep usually early as hell in the shot clock. Its cool if you're getting a good look but they were almost always contested and we were barely touching rim

What was it tied at 43 before Bama went on a 21-6 run? I haven't watched a lot of our games to know but is the offense always this way? All I saw were bombs from deep usually early as hell in the shot clock. Its cool if you're getting a good look but they were almost always contested and we were barely touching rim
I've watched all but 1 of their games this year and they've progressively gotten worse playing together as a team. Too much one-on-one stuff, too much dribbling, too many forced shots as the clock runs down and too many bad shots early in the possession. Just all around poor play on the offensive end. When they are shooting well, though, they play more intensely on defense. But for as good a shooting team this year's edition is supposed to be, their shooting percentage is a few points lower than last year's team, whose strength was on defense. They play matador defense on way too many possessions, don't hustle back after missed shots and don't communicate well on switches. They've slowly evolved from a Top 10 team to an average to poor team. Sad to watch.

Even when why weren’t contested, we would just take the ball, run across he court, get to the line and toss it up. Maybe throw a pass or two on the perimeter and then toss it up, but nothing would land and there was no offensive scheme actually happen. No spacing, no screens, nothing really setting up a shot.

Just lobbing it up and turning it over.

Awful rebounding, of course, because nobody could actually get under the bucket for a rebound before someone decided to take a shot.

Danny is right. It did feel like street ball in the second half.

Being in the gym, sadgator can tell you that there was so much stoppage that neither team really appeared to have any flow until about 10 to go when Bama started kicking our asses. It was a very weird game.

sadgator is not ready to put this all on White...we are quick to react, but remember, Billy’s teams went through identity crisises in various years too.

Bottom line...we have absolutely no inside game at either end of the floor. It is all but impossible to win consistently if you don’t have that. Shots fall, you win, they don’t, and you get days like yesterday. sadgator wouldn’t say this team has given up...it just doesn’t have the ability to play inside.

Danny is right. It did feel like street ball in the second half.

Being in the gym, sadgator can tell you that there was so much stoppage that neither team really appeared to have any flow until about 10 to go when Bama started kicking our asses. It was a very weird game.

sadgator is not ready to put this all on White...we are quick to react, but remember, Billy’s teams went through identity crisises in various years too.

Bottom line...we have absolutely no inside game at either end of the floor. It is all but impossible to win consistently if you don’t have that. Shots fall, you win, they don’t, and you get days like yesterday. sadgator wouldn’t say this team has given up...it just doesn’t have the ability to play inside.

Billy earned some weird years. White’s not there yet.

What I don’t understand is what happened to the passing and drives to the basket we saw earlier in he year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT