ADVERTISEMENT

NIT, here we come

Some of ya'll are drama queens, this UF team is in the dance for sure, it's just a matter of what seed. Getting Egbunu back and getting him up to speed will make a huge difference as we're softer than an fsu freshman's SAT scores on the interior, he adds toughness and interior defense which we need like a uga fan needs dentures.
Thank goodness FSU players don't need SAT scores to play hard on the court; especially UF's court. ;)

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
The reason I was so negative was the way we were losing. Of our 4 losses, we had 3 in the bag to win. We melted down the stretch.

We have not had a close game down the stretch since then. I will be interested to see how the team responds when it happens again

This game was unlike the other close losses. Hopefully they turned a corner

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Thank goodness FSU players don't need SAT scores to play hard on the court; especially UF's court. ;)

I wasn't aware that FSUcks even kept up with their student/ATHLETS SAT scores at all... :cool:

The Gator's have B-2-B B-Ball NC's.
How many B-Ball NC's do the criminoles have? (crickets) o_O

Impressed with the win vs. MSU. Stone and Hayes have given them some inside presence. Everybody is playing well except Allen. What in the world has happened to that guy? Three shots last night! Doesn't seem to be bothering the team though.

It was a workman like win. I am going to be in Gainesville for the Arkansas game. My third of the year.

Impressed with the win vs. MSU. Stone and Hayes have given them some inside presence. Everybody is playing well except Allen. What in the world has happened to that guy? Three shots last night! Doesn't seem to be bothering the team though.

He began the season expanding his skill set more to a PG than a SG, and was working hard on also being a better defender. He has succeeded in those areas so far I think, so now he needs to add back his own SG abilities.
SHOOT - SHOOT - SHOOT is the current chant to him from both the coaches and from his teammates, so it's just a matter of time before he breaks back out.

So far, with all of the other guys that are shooters, it's not been hurting the team.

Tough loss today against a not very good team. Hate to lose these against teams you are better than

Not a very good game. They played hard and with heart, but the turnovers and the home court whistle in the first half was just too much to overcome. Plus Gak went out.

That is two losses against bad teams this year. We are firmly back on the bubble imo.
Don’t buy it. This team will only get stronger with the return of multiple players. I mean we played without Johnson, Ballard, most of the game Gak, and a future big contributor and inside presence in Egbunu. We just need to weather the storm till Egbunu gets back and we will be fine. We have a chance against anyone when healthy and that is all that counts come tourney time.

That was hard to watch. With the present active roster, this team needs to shoot better than 50% from the field to beat anyone. It was road game, with the referee arrow pointed to the home team, but still. Ole Miss sucks. Not one to give away. If Egbuno and the other bigs don't get back soon, it's going to be a rough road. Hard to play defense with the size of this lineup. We're getting killed in the paint.

Reactions: bradleygator
A broken record for me for decades now, but the SEC officials still SUCK!!! o_O

And that supposed 'home floor' whistle is bs, because I've seen kensucky get the 'home floor' whistle when they were playing on OUR floor... :mad:

Gator teams have to be good enough to beat both the opponent, and the ever stinkin' SEC officials... :cool:

Something is wrong with Allen. Maybe too many muscles!! He's not shooting well at all and seems to have lost confidence, as it's affecting his defense, too. We just have too many guys hurt and sick. Stone had a great game today, but everybody else was subpar. Hayes commits too many silly fouls and with Gak out they just took it to the hoop and we didn't have the size to stop them.

Reactions: bradleygator
Don’t buy it.

You do not have to "buy" anything. The numbers say we are back on the bubble. The return of a player here or there might help. I hope that it does. But it is by no means certain, what with the injury problems to Gak and perhap Egor.

You do not have to "buy" anything. The numbers say we are back on the bubble. The return of a player here or there might help. I hope that it does. But it is by no means certain, what with the injury problems to Gak and perhap Egor.

Yep we better stop playing around or we could miss the tourney. # 42 RPI now and teams like Gonzaga don't look good there either now for a big win.

#42 RPI is normally on the wrong side of the bubble, if that is where we sit after this loss. Not always but normally. The numbers won't fully update until Monday. We are probably going to be worse than that

Pomeroy had us at #20 before the game. We now sit at #32. That number could go either way depending on the late games. But not by much.

Real Time RPI had us at #34 before the loss. They have not updated, but I expect a similar drop as Pomeroy, so about mid 40s.

Both of those numbers are usually on the wrong side of the bubble.

We could help ourselves a lot by finishing with a SEC winning road record. Right now we are 2-1 with 6 more games. So splitting the rest of our road games puts us at 5-4 in SEC road games. We also need to hold serve at home for at least 5 or 6 of our remaining 7 homes games. Say an overall record of 7-2 in SEC homes games.

That will put us 21-10 before the SEC-T. Probably a low seed NCAA bid with that record, but not certain at all.

Their big killed us in the second half. If we’re not hitting threes, it’s just tough to score consistently. If you told me before the season that we’d be down 3 points on the road late in game and Allen would be sitting on the bench i’d have said you were crazy. It would really help if he could find his game.

I wasn't aware that FSUcks even kept up with their student/ATHLETS SAT scores at all... :cool:

The Gator's have B-2-B B-Ball NC's.
How many B-Ball NC's do the criminoles have? (crickets) o_O
All I know is that UF can't compete in basketball or football against FSU right now. Even on their own home field/court. They've been playing scared in both sports for over 5 years now. Hard to watch.

All I know is that UF can't compete in basketball or football against FSU right now. Even on their own home field/court. They've been playing scared in both sports for over 5 years now. Hard to watch.

Gators have been to the elite 8 3 times in the past 5 years and 1 final 4. Your troll/know nothing status having been confirmed, you may be ignored henceforth.

Excellent,,, so don't watch. o_O
And even better, go back to snore-rant to express your village idiot views... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I will give you football, but our final 4 and elite 8s the past 5 years compared to nolies says otherwise

FSUcks, just like tennis-sea, has never done chit in Men's B-Ball, but both still believe that getting a win in a 40+ game regular season is something special... o_O

Schools with a NC in the Men's Big 3 Sports, Football, B-Ball, Baseball:

1) tOSU - 2) UCLA - 3) Mich

That's 3 Old schools that have completed the trifecta in the distant past.
UCLA's only football NC came in 1954.
tOSU's only B-Ball NC was in 1960, only baseball NC was in 1966.
Michigan's last baseball NC was in 1962.
Overall competition levels are much greater now, in today's expanded world.

4) Florida, the most recent, completed it in 2017. And UF got all three in the shortest span of those 4 schools.1996(3)-2006(2)-2017(1)
For a total of 6 NC's in the Men's Big 3 in the last 21 years

But both FSUcks and tennis-sea think that they've 'done something special' if they can just win a game here and there vs UF. :rolleyes:

And Florida has finished 34 consecutive seasons in the Director's Cup Top 10.
Not just a phootball-factory. :rolleyes:
Not even just a Men's Big 3 school. o_O
But the best All Sports School in the Nation. :p

Cool story, i don't measure our success by that rubric alone, especially in basketball where it just doesn't matter. UF wins in the tournament, fsu does not, and in college hoops that is ALL that matters.

In football can't argue, we'll see going forward. We're about to have massively better facilities than you, we already have a better coach, and when the TV money dries up because espn can't afford it, we'll still have money to spend and you won't. This thing is about to turn.

This Arkansas game is big. If we were to play around and lose this one I think the NIT is definitely in our future.

A season is rarely determined by just one game, unless it's near the end of a close season. However, any SEC game is important, especially a HOME game.

Nice win and we probably are a real good bet now to make the tourney even with some lumps along the way.

Our center is also practicing now. Hopefully he will be in good shape come tourney time.

Looks like you guys are getting back in the groove. Should be a good game on Saturday, and a Gator victory would not surprise me.

I haven't watched KY much this season but we are kind of weak inside right now but when our shots are falling we can play with anyone.

Holy She-ite, Stat-man!
UF 88 - 73 Ark --- UF 13-5 - 5-1 for #1 SEC.

Allen - 28 Pts - FG 8/12, 75% - Arc 6/7, 85.7% - FT 6/6 100%

Hudson - 21 Pts - FG 6/12 50% - Arc 4/8, 50% - FT 5/5 100% - 9 Rbs

3-Gor - 12 Pts - 8 Rbs

Cheezee - 7 Pts, 9 Asts, 3 Stl

Hayes - 7 Pts, 6 Rbs, 3 Blk

Stone - 7 Pts, 3 Rbs (a bit of an off night for him)

Team - FG 48.3% - Arc 13/25, 52.0% - FT 19/22 86.4%

The Gators have a tough SEC row to hoe the rest of the way, plus BU which is sitting a 12-6 right now. So, at least the NIT for sure, but I'm still betting on the Dance unless they implode down the stretch. I don't see that happening, especially not with the Post guys returning soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT