ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me or are we assembling a staff or what?!

SK...you are quickly realizing that trying to have a rational discussion with some here is like playing a game of Whack a Mole.

Which is why so many validation seeking criminole-crimimoles cluster in here so often to run their mouths... :rolleyes:

Reactions: mcanes
Which is why so many validation seeking criminole-crimimoles cluster in here so often to run their mouths... :rolleyes:

As always your post are very comical. You do realize that it was your fellow Gator posters that brought FSU into this thread? I am not exactly sure who is seeking validation. One can easily argue when Gator posters bring FSU into just about every thread and compare their hires to FSU’s hires, that the insecurities lay with UF.

Now please come back with your super-duper witty response. More than likely it will have some sort of homosexual overtone then eventually ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.

2007 was Fisher's first year as OC. 2010 was his first year as head coach. According to you, the class FSU signed in February of 2009 was his transition class. You must be consulting an interesting calendar.
You can parse it however you like. And you have demonstrated that you will do exactly that, changing from one POV to another, just to try and make a point. That's fine. We are used to you guys doing that.

Reactions: instaGATOR
SK...you are quickly realizing that trying to have a rational discussion with some here is like playing a game of Whack a Mole.
Rational discussion and FSU fans are rarely uttered in the same thought process, except in the negative. But your point about HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE NAMED, is a good one.

You can parse it however you like. And you have demonstrated that you will do exactly that, changing from one POV to another, just to try and make a point. That's fine. We are used to you guys doing that.

LOL. I'm just correcting what you said because it's incorrect.

Take it up with your brethren then. Either Jimbo was there and recruiting before he became HC or he was not. You dipsticks can't have it both ways.

I am going to give you the bennifit of the doubt and Just think that you are acting slow and are not really this dense.

Jimbo was the offensive Coordinator prior to taking over the Head coaching position at FSU.What that means is Jimbo had a very big advantage when it comes to recruiting during his transition year. Jimbo Was at FSU for a couple of years which Means he had already established recruiting relationships with a lot of recruits and was selling FSU to them. WT was recruiting for Oregon (you know all the way on the other side of the country) Just a short time ago. So when you are comparing WT to jimbo transition years there is a huge difference. pointing out that jimbo has a advantage does not change the year he became head coach thus his transition year. Not sure where you are getting that anybody had made that argument?

A more fair comparison Would be how each of them are doing at the current schools. I have not actually looked up how good Texas A&M is doing so I really don’t know the answer to that

Be careful what you wish for. FSU's coaching staff are better from top to bottom and will lock down Florida and be an increased force in other areas, such as Georgia, the DMV and ARK. Not to mention our usual ability to recruit nationally, such as on the west coast. Stay tuned!

FSU to be an increased force recruiting the DMV...

ni8zpn-b88308342z.120150115181534000g5l7e07v.10.jpg

I am going to give you the bennifit of the doubt and Just think that you are acting slow and are not really this dense.

Jimbo was the offensive Coordinator prior to taking over the Head coaching position at FSU.What that means is Jimbo had a very big advantage when it comes to recruiting during his transition year. Jimbo Was at FSU for a couple of years which Means he had already established recruiting relationships with a lot of recruits and was selling FSU to them. WT was recruiting for Oregon (you know all the way on the other side of the country) Just a short time ago. So when you are comparing WT to jimbo transition years there is a huge difference. pointing out that jimbo has a advantage does not change the year he became head coach thus his transition year. Not sure where you are getting that anybody had made that argument?

A more fair comparison Would be how each of them are doing at the current schools. I have not actually looked up how good Texas A&M is doing so I really don’t know the answer to that

The point is that there have been assertions that Jimbo inherited an empty cupboard, and also that he was instrumental in assembling the squad he inherited. This is how Noles are trying to have it both ways.

If it was Gator fan's on snore-rant, then you might have more of a point than the one that's on the top of your head. :rolleyes:

Validation seekers go to the other guys board to get it, you idiot twits. o_O

Crims come here all the time, while few if any Gator fans spend any time at all on the snore-rant zzz.... :cool:

Posit: Jimbo is partially responsible for the losing streak to the Gators in the 00s.

FSU fans: That totally doesn't count as he was not the head coach.

Posit: FSU had a 10 ranked recruiting class in Jimbos first year as well as helping with a #7 class the previous year. That is how we should judge Taggart's frst year

FSU fans: That is an unfair comparison cuase Jimbo was there long enough prior to becoming HC and had a major influence on the program.

Posit: The last four years of Jimbo recruiting is the fair comparison to the last four of Taggart.

FSU fans: Can't do that. The only fair comparison is this year with Taggart @ FSU and this year with Jimbo @ TAM. Jimbo had nothing to do with FSU current class despite being HC for the last eight years

FSU fans are not very bright.

The point is that there have been assertions that Jimbo inherited an empty cupboard, and also that he was instrumental in assembling the squad he inherited. This is how Noles are trying to have it both ways.
He is not smart enough to understand that.

Posit: Jimbo is partially responsible for the losing streak to the Gators in the 00s.

FSU fans: That totally doesn't count as he was not the head coach.

Posit: FSU had a 10 ranked recruiting class in Jimbos first year as well as helping with a #7 class the previous year. That is how we should judge Taggart's frst year

FSU fans: That is an unfair comparison cuase Jimbo was there long enough prior to becoming HC and had a major influence on the program.

Posit: The last four years of Jimbo recruiting is the fair comparison to the last four of Taggart.

FSU fans: Can't do that. The only fair comparison is this year with Taggart @ FSU and this year with Jimbo @ TAM. Jimbo had nothing to do with FSU current class despite being HC for the last eight years

FSU fans are not very bright.

Talking about creating a straw-man! Jesus Dude! I have seen a lot of deflection but this one takes the cake. 90% of what you just posted has nothing to do with this thread. I will address your post none the less.

Not sure who said Jimbo did not have anything to do with FSU while he was a OC? If you think being the OC is the same as being the HC well then i dont know what to tell you.A lot of Factors went into UF streak prior and during the time Jimbo was a OC. not sure how any of that has to do with anything?

If your not bright enough to see that Jimbo had a major advantage in recuriting being a OC at a school a couple of years prior to becoming the head coach. Then your just to dumb to even have a discussion with.

Last edited:
Here's a little factoid.

When FSU is "down", UF's greatest streaks have occurred. (duh)
When UF is "down", FSU's greatest streaks have occurred. (duh)

However, in the decade where both teams were at their best; 1990-2000 FSU went 8-4-1 against the Gators. National Championships were on the line in most of those years.

Talking about creating a straw-man! Jesus Dude! I have seen a lot of deflection but this one takes the cake. 90% of what you just posted has nothing to do with this thread. .

This thread is about the assembling of the Gator's new coaching staff.

Your dumb criminole azz has NOTHING to do with this thread, but here you are running your clueless idiot mouth anyway.... :rolleyes:

Back to the Gator coaching staff...

The Winning Culture: It's only the beginning, but at last, it has finally begun...

http://floridagators.com/news/2018/1/16/scott-carter-gators-hit-offseason-ground-running.aspx

Here's a little factoid.

However, in the decade where both teams were at their best; 1990-2000 FSU went 8-4-1 against the Gators. National Championships were on the line in most of those years.
52-20 happened during that time span as well. Probably the biggest UF/FSU game in series history.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Talking about creating a straw-man! Jesus Dude! I have seen a lot of deflection but this one takes the cake. 90% of what you just posted has nothing to do with this thread. I will address your post none the less.

My post was factually correct. If you are too dumb to comprehend that, well get on with your bad self.

Here's a little factoid.

7-4-1. We played 12 times in the 90s.

7-4-1. We played 12 times in the 90s.
While true, my post did say 1990-2000, rather than 1990-1999 (which it should have to encompass a complete decade)...however, I included it because our game in 2000 had national championship implications.

I'd like to see the results from every time our two teams met as ranked opponents.

Yes. That did happen as did the 1997 game that dashed what would have been our 5th NC appearance in a decade.
Back then you weren't allowed to lose a close game at a highly ranked rival at the end of the season and still compete for a national championship like Alabama.

While true, my post did say 1990-2000, rather than 1990-1999 (which it should have to encompass a complete decade)...however, I included it because our game in 2000 had national championship implications.

I'd like to see the results from every time our two teams met as ranked opponents.
Tailoring an analysis to support a point is an old lawyer trick.

If you're tacking on the 2000 game, then might as well tack on the 2001 game too since it had nattie game implications, for UF that is, lol

The Biggest Game in the UF/Spurrier vs FSUcks/Bowdown era is the only one with any 'real' importance to me. UF 52 - 20 FSUcks (-32)

Throw in the All Time W/L and I'm done.... :cool:

Last season (2017) my Gator's lost, so they have the bar for the moment....:rolleyes:

Let me help you with that then. Most FSU fans are dumb.

Please. We can talk football on a national level. You guys are clueless unless it involves the SEC.

You want evidence? We’ve never been afraid to play a national schedule so we would know.

Actually, it wouldn't.

My hypothesis is simple.

When both UF and FSU are ranked, I'd venture to say FSU has the better record.

It's foregone conclusion that when the other team is down, the other team goes on a winning streak (in most cases, but with a few exceptions).
That is very provable. By all means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT