ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me or are we assembling a staff or what?!

And it will improve this year....why?
And it will improve this year....why?
I don’t believe I said it would be better. Just that it wasn’t a strength. I think it’s hard to argue that FSU really had any strengths last year. They had potential all over the field but did not live up to it. But if i had to give a reason why it would be better... I would say a defense no longer led by Kelly

I guess for the same reason you think your staff will be an upgrade. FSU staff was not getting close to the potential out of its players.
Pretty telling that Jimbo only took two guys off the staff he had at FSU. The rest either retired or took demotions/went to small schools.

Mullen's assembling of his Gator staff, quality from the top to bottom.
What the head coaching differences really comes down to imo (iG):

"All of it. Young people taking care of their responsibilities and being good in all areas of their lives, that manifests in the fall in terms of wins and losses." -- In a single word --- Discipline

"It's not complicated. In fact, it's so simple that it can be reduced down to black and white, with no gray area in between,"
"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." -- Yota

===============

The really good HC's surround themselves with like minded coaches on their staff. Enter Strength and Conditioning Coach, Nick Savage.

"We're going to do things the right way. If you do things the wrong way there are going to be consequences, and it doesn't matter who you are or what position you play. Everyone is equal," he said. "In January, they'll find out very quickly that whatever their actions are they'll be held accountable for those actions, and that includes every word that comes out of their mouths. They're going to learn how to be grown men, not only with how they train and prepare for the season, but how they go about their daily lives inside the building and outside of it."

=== And IF they learn those all important lessons, they will be successful for the rest of their lives, whether they go on to the NFL or not. (iG) ===

"Great teams are separated by attention to detail. I can promise you that attention to detail — whether that means starting [sprints] behind the line or holding a rep for three seconds, whatever— we will have attention to detail. If guys struggle to understand that, there will be consequences and discipline for those actions. There will be direction, focus, leadership and discipline. That will not change."

================

And any that don't, or won't get with that program will soon be gone, I'm hoping.... There are only Gator's, and the rest that are the gator-bait, there is no TRY. iG :cool:

I guess for the same reason you think your staff will be an upgrade. FSU staff was not getting close to the potential out of its players.
Not.even.close.

For all of Jimbo faults, he was a far better coach than McEwain. For one thing he could recruit extremely well.

You guys took a serious downgrade. Jimbo leaving might have been welcome, given his behavior last year. But there is no way FSU fans can spin this into a positive. Well, actually there is a way. Doing so is called participation in the "this is the best of all possible worlds" syndrome.

Reactions: mcanes
Pretty telling that Jimbo only took two guys off the staff he had at FSU. The rest either retired or took demotions/went to small schools.
Pretty telling indeed. One wonders why he was so stubborn? It is almost as if he was purposely sabotaging his chances to do well

Not.even.close.

For all of Jimbo faults, he was a far better coach than McEwain. For one thing he could recruit extremely well.

You guys took a serious downgrade. Jimbo leaving might have been welcome, given his behavior last year. But there is no way FSU fans can spin this into a positive. Well, actually there is a way. Doing so is called participation in the "this is the best of all possible worlds" syndrome.
Taggart probably is a better recruiter than Fisher. Fisher is a great recruiter for sure, but the transition class that Taggart is putting together is nothing short of insane. To even have a shot at landing some of these guys after 3 weeks exceeds all expectations. There's a reason why Oregon had a top 5 class before Taggart bolted.

Taggart probably is a better recruiter than Fisher.

For that to be a reasonable assertion, there needs to be some objective indicators of that.

Fisher is a great recruiter for sure, but the transition class that Taggart is putting together is nothing short of insane.

#24 ranked recruiting classes are a great, great win, no doubt. Much better than the top ten classes Jimbo put together for about 8 years. (As an aside, Jimbo's first class in 2009 was ranked #7)

There's a reason why Oregon had a top 5 class before Taggart bolted.

But that is not better than Jimbo. At best Taggart's recruiting it is a wash compared to Jimbo. At best.

It will be fun to watch you guys melt down when the guy has to coach a game.

In August, I will start my annual FSU thread, asking how many over matched ACC teams FSU will lose to in 2018. It will then be fun to compare the Candid-like August predictions with December realities. Just like this year.

Savage’s off season conditioning program started today. Back to the way that program was run under Marriotti and Meyer.

Taggart probably is a better recruiter than Fisher. Fisher is a great recruiter for sure, but the transition class that Taggart is putting together is nothing short of insane. To even have a shot at landing some of these guys after 3 weeks exceeds all expectations. There's a reason why Oregon had a top 5 class before Taggart bolted.
The reason Oregon had a high ranked class was because of quantity not quality. They had like 22 commits or something like that. The average star rating wasn’t that high.

For that to be a reasonable assertion, there needs to be some objective indicators of that.

#24 ranked recruiting classes are a great, great win, no doubt. Much better than the top ten classes Jimbo put together for about 8 years. (As an aside, Jimbo's first class in 2009 was ranked #7)

Jimbo was at FSU for 3 years before he got his first class. Taggart has been at FSU for a month. Just a tiny bit of difference I'd say.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
(As an aside, Jimbo's first class in 2009 was ranked #7)

Incorrect. Fisher's transition class was in 2010 and finished 10th with a star average of 3.52. Taggart's will be north of 3.80. Hard to predict a final ranking because we may not sign 20 players. Initially it was believed that FSU would only sign 16-18, but with Izzo and Wilkerson declaring early it may be possible to sign 20. Taggart's transition class at FSU is also going to be significantly better than Fisher's transition class at Texas A&M (despite their amazing facilities).

The reason Oregon had a high ranked class was because of quantity not quality. They had like 22 commits or something like that. The average star rating wasn’t that high.

Oregon lost 7 four star commits in December when the Taggart to FSU rumors started swirling:

Tre'Shaun Harrison
Warren Thompson
Braden Lenzy (signed with ND)
Isaiah Bolden (signed with FSU)
Michael Ezeike
Miles Battle
Malcolm Lamar

Lamar might actually end up at UF.

Jimbo was at FSU for 3 years before he got his first class. Taggart has been at FSU for a month. Just a tiny bit of difference I'd say.
I love how FSU fans trot this kind of logic out, but ignore all his other failings during that time because he was not the head coach.

Situational logic, it would seem.

Incorrect. Fisher's transition class was in 2010 and finished 10th with a star average of 3.52.

So, Jimbo had nothing to do with that 2009 class? No matter, none of his classes were ranked less than #10. Can Taggert do better?

Taggart's will be north of 3.80. Hard to predict a final ranking because we may not sign 20 players. Initially it was believed that FSU would only sign 16-18, but with Izzo and Wilkerson declaring early it may be possible to sign 20. Taggart's transition class at FSU is also going to be significantly better than Fisher's transition class at Texas A&M (despite their amazing facilities).
Enjoy that "superior" recruiting

So, Jimbo had nothing to do with that 2009 class? No matter, none of his classes were ranked less than #10. Can Taggert do better?

Which question are you answering.

Because if it is to question number 1, then that is true. If it is to question number two, then Taggart has a long way to go to get to #7. Hell, he has a long way to go to get to #10.

For your consideration. Make what of it you will...

FSUcks OL Recruits: (* -- Indicates listed on their rivals 2017 Roster)

#11 OG Christian Meadows 6-3 330 ****
#72 OT Jalen Goss 6-7 265 ***
-----

* #94 OT Brady Scott 6-6 285 ***

* #04 OT Landon Dickerson 6-5 310 ****
* #01 OC Baveon Johnson 6-3 326 ****
* #16 OT Jauan Williams 6-6 300 ****
* #19 OT Josh Ball 6-8 287 ****
* JuCo #1 OT Mike Arnold 6-4 339 ***
* #31 OG Andrew Boselli 6-4 303 ***

* #04 OT Abdul Bello 6-6 312 ****
* #29 OG David Robbins 6-4 324 ***
* #35 OG Cole Minshew 6-5 338 ***

* #43 OT 6-8 319 Brock Ruble ***
* #54 OT Derrick Kelly 6-5 323 ***
* #62 OT Ethan Frith 6-7 316 ***
Plus 2 JuCo that are gone now.
==========

* OL Albert Eberie 6-4 294
* OL Corey Martinez 6-4 298
* OL Joshua Peters 6-3 274
* OL Greg Turnage 6-3 283

Which question are you answering.

Because if it is to question number 1, then that is true. If it is to question number two, then Taggart has a long way to go to get to #7. Hell, he has a long way to go to get to #10.

I've already corrected you on this point, so not sure why you keep asserting something that is inaccurate.

Yeah, no. Sorry.
You guys might be able to compete with us in like 3 years if you recruit lights out. FSU's blue chip ratio right now is much higher than yours. That won't change especially the way Taggart is getting them. Just yesterday another 4 star from Cali. Mullen can do more with less you say? Better him than me. I'd rather have the talent.

Rejuvenated program+tons of talent=playoff run next year.

Come tell me that again when you start 0-1.

Not sure what this means.

Looking at your list, I see 7 signees and 5 commits for a #24 ranking. I looked at every uncommitted top 100 player, none of them have even visited FSU.

So, not seeing anything insane. I see a poster who is heavily delusional, maybe that counts.

Not.even.close.

Not.even.close.

I am not sure anybody would compare jimbo to McEwain. McEwain was terrible from the start. But it does seem to be that when people leave UF they tend to do better. Even coach boom is doing decent at USC. If Mullen fails at UF we may have to consider UF has been cursed.

Think it’s really funny how you would like to spin jimbo leaving as this gigantic loss for FSU but If he decided to stay, you would cheer and say you wish he’d stay at FSU forever. For whatever reason jimbo was not the same coach as he was in the begging. He led FSU to its worse season in decades. Like you guys love to point out, he always seem to lose games he shouldn’t. It was obvious his heart was not in it. Maybe he finds it again in Texas but it wasn’t going to happen at FSU. I’ll respect jimbo for what he did at FSU but not sad to see him go and only time will tell whether FSU downgraded. One thing can’t be argued is there is New excitement at FSU and Nole nation is glad to have him.

Not sure what this means.

Looking at your list, I see 7 signees and 5 commits for a #24 ranking. I looked at every uncommitted top 100 player, none of them have even visited FSU.

So, not seeing anything insane. I see a poster who is heavily delusional, maybe that counts.

We shall see...

I am not sure anybody would compare jimbo to McEwain. McEwain was terrible from the start. But it does seem to be that when people leave UF they tend to do better. Even coach boom is doing decent at USC. If Mullen fails at UF we may have to consider UF has been cursed.

Think it’s really funny how you would like to spin jimbo leaving as this gigantic loss for FSU but If he decided to stay, you would cheer and say you wish he’d stay at FSU forever. For whatever reason jimbo was not the same coach as he was in the begging. He led FSU to its worse season in decades. Like you guys love to point out, he always seem to lose games he shouldn’t. It was obvious his heart was not in it. Maybe he finds it again in Texas but it wasn’t going to happen at FSU. I’ll respect jimbo for what he did at FSU but not sad to see him go and only time will tell whether FSU downgraded. One thing can’t be argued is there is New excitement at FSU and Nole nation is glad to have him.

My theory is Jimbo is angling for the Bama job after Saban. TAMU is a better stepping stone than FSU, because he will be able to show SEC experience, plus the Bear coached at TAMU before going to Bama, and Bammers are kinda weird about the Bear.

My theory is Jimbo is angling for the Bama job after Saban. TAMU is a better stepping stone than FSU, because he will be able to show SEC experience, plus the Bear coached at TAMU before going to Bama, and Bammers are kinda weird about the Bear.

That’s an interesting point.

They’re all stuck on Dabo but I don’t think it’s going to happen (don’t think it should either).

I’ve thought that they may go after one of Sabans DCs turned HC if any of them turn out to be good but Muschamp isn’t good enough and was never at Bama, Kirby is at his Alma mater and Pruitt....I mean...I guess if he turns Tennessee around then maybe.

But Jimbo might be interesting.

They would probably get on board with that.

fsu is going to slip some under Soul Zook. They're not the team we need to measure against, future successful seasons will be far more dependent upon our ability to beat UGA, as it always should be.

Be careful what you wish for. FSU's coaching staff are better from top to bottom and will lock down Florida and be an increased force in other areas, such as Georgia, the DMV and ARK. Not to mention our usual ability to recruit nationally, such as on the west coast. Stay tuned!

Think you may be reading to much into it. TAMU brought the brinks truck to jimbo. Couple that with souring relationship with the powers at be at FSU and there you have it. Jimbo is making saban money at TAMU he would’ve had to really really really love FSU or be incredibly stupid to turn it down. He obviously is neither of those.

Be careful what you wish for. FSU's coaching staff are better from top to bottom and will lock down Florida and be an increased force in other areas, such as Georgia, the DMV and ARK. Not to mention our usual ability to recruit nationally, such as on the west coast. Stay tuned!
Thanks for the laugh this morning.

You seem to disagree with your brethern that give Jimbo credit for that year. So we both corrected you.
2007 was Fisher's first year as OC. 2010 was his first year as head coach. According to you, the class FSU signed in February of 2009 was his transition class. You must be consulting an interesting calendar.

Reactions: gcnole
2007 was Fisher's first year as OC. 2010 was his first year as head coach. According to you, the class FSU signed in February of 2009 was his transition class. You must be consulting an interesting calendar.
SK...you are quickly realizing that trying to have a rational discussion with some here is like playing a game of Whack a Mole.

Reactions: gcnole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT