ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me or are we assembling a staff or what?!

FSU posters on here act like FSU fired Fisher "so glad to see him go" "program was boring" yada-yada. The same guy you've been defending for the last few years has suddenly become personna-non-grata, it's hilarious.
Fact is he DUMPED you for a higher-paying job in the SEC

Reactions: ocalaman
tenor.gif

FSU posters on here act like FSU fired Fisher "so glad to see him go" "program was boring" yada-yada. The same guy you've been defending for the last few years has suddenly become personna-non-grata, it's hilarious.

I defended him a bunch but the crap he pulled behind the scenes this year and the way he left is why we are fine with him leaving.

A&M was desperate and made an offer no one was going to match. It’s not like A&M is on our level as a program.

You obviously don’t know what he did and most of us gre tired of his BS.

I defended him a bunch but the crap he pulled behind the scenes this year and the way he left is why we are fine with him leaving.

A&M was desperate and made an offer no one was going to match. It’s not like A&M is on our level as a program.

Oh I know what he did I just find it ironic how you and your other fellow Nole posters have done a 180. (and, yes, they overpaid for him big-time)

Urban-esque broken program

When Igloo posts the above opinion that he is glad Jimbo is gone, he can support it with his past posts on the matter. After Jimbo once again lost to a coupla overmatched ACC teams in the 2016 season, the scales dropped from his eyes. So he is about the only other FSU fan that can credibly say he is glad Jimbo is gone, with the possible exception of kelly. (I am not including FSU numbers because he is a cretin and nearly not worth mentioning.)

Nolebra Kai, hardliner, uninformed, danoleman, METSWIN, Dr Nole and a host other semi fans were slurping Jimbo pangus right up to the first few 2017 Jimbo losses.

It is quite amusing to go back and bttt their old posts.

Reactions: mcanes
When Igloo posts the above opinion that he is glad Jimbo is gone, he can support it with his past posts on the matter. After Jimbo once again lost to a coupla overmatched ACC teams in the 2016 season, the scales dropped from his eyes. So he is about the only other FSU fan that can credibly say he is glad Jimbo is gone, with the possible exception of kelly. (I am not including FSU numbers because he is a cretin and nearly not worth mentioning.)

Nolebra Kai, hardliner, uninformed, danoleman, METSWIN, Dr Nole and a host other semi fans were slurping Jimbo pangus right up to the first few 2017 Jimbo losses.

Oh yeah that 2016 season FSU finished 8th and was Jimbo's second 3 loss season in a row after losing 3 total the three previous years, I should have seen the handwriting on the wall. He was obviously slipping horribly.

ZZ maybe another one...not sure he was on the Jimbolt train anymore.

I am not including FSU numbers because he is a cretin and nearly not worth mentioning.

Worth pointing out this is my favorite part of your post. :D

Jimbo has never been special, so I don't think it's all that unrealistic to think FSU might upgrade. If not now, possibly with the next hire. Jimbo was an elite recruiter that's about it. Everywhere else he was mediocre.

Jimbo has never been special, so I don't think it's all that unrealistic to think FSU might upgrade. If not now, possibly with the next hire. Jimbo was an elite recruiter that's about it. Everywhere else he was mediocre.
The more and more I look back, I think Jimbolt just did the opposite of Bowden and because the program was so downtrodden we all just blindly nodded and went along with it.

Bowden - fun with the media and always creating sound bites.
Jimbolt - coach speak...always the coach speak.
Bowden - mix it up with trick plays and a fast break offense.
Jimbolt - bore them to death with a slow grinding offensive strategy and requires a PHD to comprehend. Oh, and HELL NO TO DIFFERENT UNI COMBOS!
Bowden - let everyone talk to the media...have fun!
Jimbolt - everyone get behind the iron curtain. there will be ONE voice from FSU!

tumblr_orvfwvvVex1qgvqxoo3_r1_400.gif

Something most of us had been saying for some long time. Although, "mediocre" be a bit too damning. "Sometimes good, and sometimes mediocre" might be better. But maybe that is a distinction without a difference.

Something most of us had been saying for some long time. Although, "mediocre" be a bit too damning. "Sometimes good, and sometimes mediocre" might be better. But maybe that is a distinction without a difference.
Quite the conundrum ole Jimbolt was. Can march into Death Valley (Clemsonville) and annihilate the #2 team on a national stage.

Can also park on 16-point lead over a sub-par NC State only to lose by ONE point.

Makes no sense.

Definitely. Hell sometimes he could be both in the same game. Or both in one season.

Don't really G-a-S about who the criminoles hire to coach on Ron Zook Field, at Joke Shambles Stadium....

However, I do care about the Gator coaching staff.

• Florida coach Dan Mullen is adding to his support staff. According to Football Scoop, Mullen has hired El Camino College (California) running back coach Cordell Landers as his assistant director of player personnel and development. Landers describes himself in his Twitter bio as “THE ULTIMATE GORILLA RECRUITER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.” He will work with Florida director of recruiting operations Lee Begley and assistant directors of player personnel E.K. Franks and Otis Yelverton.
  • Former Gator DB Vernell Brown Jr. is back with the Gators, announcing on social media Monday that he has been hired by coach Dan Mullen as a Director of Player Development.
    “I’m excited to have the opportunity to return to The Swamp to assist in teaching this generation of athletes what it means to be a Florida Gator both on and off the field,” he posted in a tweet.

Mullen talked in his introductory news conference in late November about his interest in bringing former Gators back into the fold.

So way to go Dan... :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
Don't really G-a-S about who the criminoles hire to coach on Ron Zook Field, at Joke Shambles Stadium....

However, I do care about the Gator coaching staff.

• Florida coach Dan Mullen is adding to his support staff. According to Football Scoop, Mullen has hired El Camino College (California) running back coach Cordell Landers as his assistant director of player personnel and development. Landers describes himself in his Twitter bio as “THE ULTIMATE GORILLA RECRUITER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.” He will work with Florida director of recruiting operations Lee Begley and assistant directors of player personnel E.K. Franks and Otis Yelverton.
  • Former Gator DB Vernell Brown Jr. is back with the Gators, announcing on social media Monday that he has been hired by coach Dan Mullen as a Director of Player Development.
    “I’m excited to have the opportunity to return to The Swamp to assist in teaching this generation of athletes what it means to be a Florida Gator both on and off the field,” he posted in a tweet.

Mullen talked in his introductory news conference in late November about his interest in bringing former Gators back into the fold.
So way to go Dan... :cool:

WAIT... he describes HIMSELF in his TWITTER bio as " The Ultimate....... " Ok I suppose that speaks for itself. Gotta love the confidence I guess.

He was only considered elite because UM and UF were down...

Go Canes!

He was only considered elite because UM and UF were down...

Go Canes!

There, there, ok if it helps you sleep at night. So it was really nice that Caines helped him win 80% of his games.... somehow. Oh and USC was down some of the time too, and Texas and maybe Indiana as well. :rolleyes:

WAIT... he describes HIMSELF in his TWITTER bio as " The Ultimate....... " Ok I suppose that speaks for itself. Gotta love the confidence I guess.

It's always nice to have that fully qualified and instructive comment, from the always relevant criminoles that infect this Gator board.... :rolleyes:

Where they are from:

Mullen ----- Manchester, N.H.
Hevesy --- Madison, Conn.
Gonzales - Thornton, Colo
Johnson --- Baytown, TX.
Knox -------- Rosebud, TX.
Scott ------- Sebring, FL.
=====
Grantham - Pulaski, VA
Sunsuri ----- Pittsburgh, PA
Robinson --- Norcross, GA
Warren ------ Atlanta, GA
English ------ Pamona, CA

N.H. to S.FL to CA and everywhere in between, including 2 TX and 2 GA.
IF those guys can't recruit the entire nation, then I don't know who could... :cool:

Taggart has a 10-35 record as a head coach when the other team has a winning record

Taggart has a 10-35 record as a head coach when the other team has a winning record
Yup. That is cause for concern (and our only concern, really)...anxious to see what he can do with 4/5 star talent all over the field. I'd say Taggart would normally have a 3-year leash, but he may get 4-5 because he is already embraced by Seminole Nation.

Jimbo's coaching staff would grab their food and eat in their offices.
Taggart's staff eats with coaches from other programs in the dinning hall.

Jimbo's staff was allergic to social media.
Taggart's staff lights the twitter verse on fire (big deal with recruits and fans).

Jimbo screamed and yelled (like mini-Champ) & we all thought that equated to discipline.
Taggart touts accountability.

...the list goes on. They seem like trivial things, but if this coincides with wins on the field, we'll be in good shape.

Yup. That is cause for concern (and our only concern, really)...anxious to see what he can do with 4/5 star talent all over the field. I'd say Taggart would normally have a 3-year leash, but he may get 4-5 because he is already embraced by Seminole Nation.

Jimbo's coaching staff would grab their food and eat in their offices.
Taggart's staff eats with coaches from other programs in the dinning hall.

Jimbo's staff was allergic to social media.
Taggart's staff lights the twitter verse on fire (big deal with recruits and fans).

Jimbo screamed and yelled (like mini-Champ) & we all thought that equated to discipline.
Taggart touts accountability.

...the list goes on. They seem like trivial things, but if this coincides with wins on the field, we'll be in good shape.

The kool-aid is getting strong on the slant

Go Canes!

I do not know who he will call when/if his team under-performs. As long as he doesn't talk about it being part of the "process" or we were "inches" away, he can call Insta for all I care.

Unprovoked personal attacks are okay with the top quality board moderators,,,, depending on who is attacking, and who they are attacking..... :rolleyes:

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Another frozen, waste of space, brain dead twit makes the ignored list.... bub-bye azznole...

DB-U has new secondary coaches in Charlton Warren (CB's) and Ron English (S's).

2016 Tn was 69th in the nation in giving up passing yds/gm.
2017 Warren arrived and they went to #6 in the nation.
Note: That connection helped him land 4 star CB/S Trey Dean in the Gator's 2018 class.

A veteran of more than 20 years, English followed Mullen from MsSt. English is best known for his 5-year run as E.Mich's HC, during which he snapped the Eagles' streak of 15 consecutive losing seasons in 2011.

The 'Gator Standard' -- "When I recruited DB's, I never wanted to recruit a guy who;
"A) if I didn't feel you could play in the NFL, I didn't really want to recruit you," English said.
"B) if you were a DB and couldn't come in and contribute right away, I always felt like I recruited the wrong guy. Because I don't think those guys have to get a lot bigger and stronger and all that stuff. They should be able to contribute right away if they're the athletes you think they are."

Warren and English hold themselves to Dan's idea of the "Gator Standard" as well.
~ "I'm trying to be the best DB coach in America because right now that's what I'm tasked to do," Warren said.
~ "I'm excited about the opportunity to help Florida get back where they should be," English said.

A Good article here:
http://floridagators.com/news/2018/...implementing-gator-standard-in-secondary.aspx

What they have to work with in the beginning:

#13 APB/CB McArthur Burnett 5-9 157 rsSo
#16 CB C.J. Henderson 5-11 179 So (rock solid as a tFr)
#19 CB/S Brad Stewart 6-0 191 So
#25 CB Marco Wilson 6-0 177 So (starter as a tFr)
#41 CB Shawn Davis 5-11 191 So
#58 CB/S Brian Edwards 6-2 183 So
#17 FS/CB Trey Dean 6-2 180 Fr - EE - (UA-AA CB)
#04 FS/CB Chauncey Gardner Jr. 6-0 207 Jr (most experienced starter)
#17 FS Jeawon Taylor 6-0 206 Jr
#39 SS Quincy Lenton 5-11 205 rsSo (hindered by injuries so far)

#57 FS Donovan Stiner 6-1 198 So
#14 SS Amari Burney 6-1 219 Fr - EE (OLB/DE/WR/RB)
#28 SS John Huggins 6-0 200 Fr

That's 13 guys to play 5 positons, with many able to play any CB/S/Nic position.
Positions, and the depth chart, will likely settle out some by the Spring game.

Also a passel of walkon athlete types with a couple that could possibly work their way into the DB positions.

DB Anthony Giglia 5-11 187 rsSr - CB
DB Eddie Giles 5-8 164 rsSr - CB
RB Tyriek Hopkins 5-8 178 rsJr - DB
Ath Edwitch Merisier 5-9 182 rsSo - DB
Ath Patrick Moorer 6-1 155 rsFr - DB (Gator Legacy)
Ath Austin Perry 5-9 172 rsFr - CB/Slot-WR
Ath Jack Ruskell 6-2 195 rsFr - QB/S
Ath Joshua Tse 5-7 168 rsFr - Slot-WR/CB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT