ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Spring Sports

It is for Oxford High School which is about two hours north of Auburn

Oh, okay yeah I know exactly where that is. I work in Dekalb, Etowah, Marshall, St. Clair, Jackson and occasionally Calhoun counties primarily.

And oddly also the high school Alma mater of Rick Burgess.

It's the All-Barners next Sat. at Noon.

Also, the M's & W's Track & Field teams are ready to kick some butts again....
EUGENE, Ore. – Florida boasts 30 entries—a nation-leading 17 on the men's side and 13 on the women's side—for this week's NCAA Outdoor Championships, beginning Wednesday, June 6 and concluding Saturday, June 9 at Historic Hayward Field in Eugene, Ore.

https://floridagators.com/news/2018...g-trophies-at-ncaa-outdoor-championships.aspx

Men's Track finished 2nd in the NCAA championships. Women's meet finishes up today. Not liking the way the UF/Auburn game has started. Gators already down 1-0 in the 3rd and Singer has thrown 45 pitches already. They get a 2-out RBI from their #9 guy, while our #8 guy strikes out with 2 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd. JJ out. Not a good feeling about this.

Last edited:
Florida's hitter have probably made better contact so far even though they are losing. Auburn's run came on a walk, hit batter, and single.

Singer has 5 strikeouts through two innings, so he has been good when he has been able to get the ball over the plate. His wildness is hurting him some. Already given up two or three walks and hit a batter

Nice comeback by the Gator offense in the bottom of the 3rd. Up 4-2 going to the 4th. But our bullpen is going to need to come through today, as Singer has over 70 pitches after 3.

7-2 good guys. Singer kept his composure and all else did their job on offense. #1 draft pick Mize had a tough time. AU's first baseman is not having a highlight filled day.

Great 8-2 win for the gators vs. Auburn. Is it wrong to question Kevin O'Sullivan? Probably is, but I would not have put Byrne on the mound in the 8th with a 5 run lead. Would have tried to let Butler and the rest of the bullpen close out this game and only bring Byrne in if it got close. The way Kowar has been pitching (3 losses in a row), Byrne may be needed more tomorrow and throwing 27 pitches today how much can he throw Sunday?

Great 8-2 win for the gators vs. Auburn. Is it wrong to question Kevin O'Sullivan? Probably is, but I would not have put Byrne on the mound in the 8th with a 5 run lead. Would have tried to let Butler and the rest of the bullpen close out this game and only bring Byrne in if it got close. The way Kowar has been pitching (3 losses in a row), Byrne may be needed more tomorrow and throwing 27 pitches today how much can he throw Sunday?

Byrne’s a horse. I’m sure he’s good for 2 innings tomorrow if necessary. But I see where you’re coming from. We might need him for 3 tomorrow. Great to have Dalton back hitting. The lineup is completely different when he’s hitting.

And so everyone else elected you to speak for them about worries??? ;)

I'm referring to Ocala, whose comment I was responding to. We're talking baseball. I have no idea what your comment means, except that it probably indicates at least mid-stage personality disorder.

We really took it to them in the 3rd inning...he handled business after that.

Byrne’s a horse. I’m sure he’s good for 2 innings tomorrow if necessary. But I see where you’re coming from. We might need him for 3 tomorrow. Great to have Dalton back hitting. The lineup is completely different when he’s hitting.
Agree about Dalton. He struck out a ton this year, but the last couple of weeks he's been making better contact and has been more willing to go with the pitch. Without Schwarz in the lineup his bat is crucial. On the pitching front, I just hope Kowar is on today. The first couple of innings almost always tell with him. If they don't get him early he's usually tough.

0-8 with runners in scoring position. I’m surprised nobody’s squaring up this reliever. He’s throwing nothing but low 90s fastballs. He can move it in and out though.

Fingers crossed from here on out.

Bummer man. Sully had the game where he wanted it. Tied late game, Byrne on the mound. Tip of the cap to auburn for that one. Hopefully our pitching depth wins out tomorrow. At least Byrne got beat quick so he should be available.

Florida is still in good shape to win tomorrow. Auburn's starting pitcher tomorrow is very erattic. He could strikeout 5 batters in a row and then suddenly give up 5 runs.

Auburn used their best relief pitcher for three innings today and their second best relief pitcher went three innings yesterday

The game should never have come down to 1 run in the bottom of the 9th. UF blew so many opportunities to score. Credit some to gutty pitching from Burns, a lot of it to inept hitting in the clutch. India is really struggling at the plate and the lineup looked pretty average today. I still think Byrne pitching yesterday made him more hitable today. Auburn's #3 starter has been very erratic, but so has ours. Heck we don't even know who our guy will be - Mace, Leftwich or could it be Dyson? I'm nervous, but that's my natural state when it comes to Gator athletics.

The game should never have come down to 1 run in the bottom of the 9th. UF blew so many opportunities to score. Credit some to gutty pitching from Burns, a lot of it to inept hitting in the clutch. India is really struggling at the plate and the lineup looked pretty average today. I still think Byrne pitching yesterday made him more hitable today. Auburn's #3 starter has been very erratic, but so has ours. Heck we don't even know who our guy will be - Mace, Leftwich or could it be Dyson? I'm nervous, but that's my natural state when it comes to Gator athletics.

Sully gave big props to the pitcher making pitches with risp. Who knows if pitching yesterday affected Byrne, but he’s put up zeroes before in the same situation. Of course you’re nervous it’s a single game elimination and it’s baseball. Anything could happen. Anyone using their brain would be nervous. Insta’s probably not nervous.

Sully gave big props to the pitcher making pitches with risp. Who knows if pitching yesterday affected Byrne, but he’s put up zeroes before in the same situation. Of course you’re nervous it’s a single game elimination and it’s baseball. Anything could happen. Anyone using their brain would be nervous. Insta’s probably not nervous.

I'm not nervous because I understand that his is a game played by college boys, not something of world changing importance... Unlike you, I have a functioning 'sense of proportion,' while you have very little 'sense' at all, in anything... :cool:
(however, your always running mouth is in perfect working order) :rolleyes:

As to Monday night vs the All-barns, GooooooooooooooGATORS!

You do piss away as much time posting on this board as any three posters combined.

Lose one debate, and look bad doing so, so then attempt to change direction and come from another direction. :rolleyes: Typical... :cool:

Looks like yet another of your usual 'unsubstantiated claims' to me.

Let's see your research and time spent numbers for me and everyone else posting here, including yourself, so that I can make a clear judgment on your latest (bs) claim... o_O

That, or just keep on running off at the mouth, it's what you do best... :confused:

Lose one debate, and look bad doing so, so then attempt to change direction and come from another direction. :rolleyes: Typical... :cool:

Looks like yet another of your usual 'unsubstantiated claims' to me.

Let's see your research and time spent numbers for me and everyone else posting here, including yourself, so that I can make a clear judgment on your latest (bs) claim... o_O

That, or just keep on running off at the mouth, it's what you do best... :confused:

What happens to the sense of proportion when you post all the red frowny faces with the devil horns when you’re posting about our qb depth chart?

What happens to the sense of proportion when you post all the red frowny faces with the devil horns when you’re posting about our qb depth chart?

Link to devil horns??? :rolleyes:

Loser yet again, so instead of answering the question, he again attempts to dodge to something else. Go away little girl, you're annoying.... :cool:

This Fullerton/Washington game is great. The Fullerton crowd is like a prison riot.

MSU probably just punched its ticket.

You see how hard it is to get to Omaha. There is no such thing as a disappointing CWS appearance. Getting there is a huge accomplishment.
I totally agree. Getting to the College World Series is a MAJOR accomplishment. Once you get there it's a crap shoot, as all 8 teams are playing extremely well and anyone can win it.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Katie Seashole Pressly Women's Softball Stadium at UF
Initial construction in 1996 was 2.6 Million.
Current 'renovation' in 2018 is 11 Million,,,, for a freakin' renovation???
Looks to me like they are really doing a complete tear-down and replace to come up to a brand new Top Quality facility. :eek:

Enhancements:
  • 360 Degree Open Concourse & Seating
  • New Elevated Press Box
  • Shade Structures for Fans
  • Modern Student-Athlete Amenities
  • Increased Seating Capacity
  • Multiple Seating & Game Experience Options
  • Enhanced Fan Experience
Funding -- But who's paying for all this improvement?
  • Philanthropic Support
  • Bond Proceeds
  • UAA Investment Earnings
Well, as usual, it's not the state of Florida taxpayers footing the bill.... ;)

Question for new recruits.
Do you want to go to 2nd rate, or to a 'State of the Art' facility at an Academic Public Ivy?

https://floridagators.com/sports/2018/6/11/ksp-renovations.aspx

Lineups? Pitchers?
Leftwich starting per a post at 3:11 today on the Gator baseball Twitter feed. My guess is that because Auburn is starting a lefty, Brady Smith will be at 1st. Imagine the rest of the lineup will be the same.

Last edited:
Auburn will start a senior left hander name Andrew Mitchell. I forgef which team took him, but I know he was selected in the 14th round of the recent draft.

Talented but erratic. Can get his fastball up to 93 or 94 mph which is more velocity than you see from most left handers at the college level.

So many runners in scoring position left on base. Hopefully that’s not he story of the series. Hard hit balls too. Unfortunate.

4 innings of 1 run ball for Leftwich about as good as you hanging expect. He was looking a little dicey there and came back with some sharp pitches. Great pitch out call by Sully. Let’s go bats!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT