ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Spring Sports

D-rob killed the summer league and looks like he might make the Wizzards roster. Chiozza looked pretty good too in the games I watched. Probably g league bound.

Rocha & her husband are both OK graduates. I don't know how much money the Sooners are paying her, but Patty Gasso recently became the 1st million dollar softball coach in the NCAA. So I imagine she's getting a pretty significant bump in pay from what UF was paying her. In 2010, Coach Walton made $253,000 and I think he's been bumped up to around $400,000 before the recent 10 year extension. I'm sure he got another nice raise, but nowhere near what Gasso is making. Rocha was being paid probably 1/3 to 1/2 of what Walton makes, so I'm sure she got a major pay hike to move to Norman. I agree that Gasso is much closer to retirement than Walton and if Rocha wants to be HBC at a major program, it will happen quicker there than here. It's a definite hit for the Gator program & a big plus for Oklahoma. Will be interested to see who comes to Gainesville to replace her.

OU ( for instant the dustbowl chokers) are building a new 25 million dollar softball complex too boot. Rochas hubby is a chokelehoman from Norman.

I think Lombardi was banking about 120k the last couple years before she left. Im sure they are paying Roche more than that. Gasso mid 50’s probably won’t coach 10 more years like Walton. Good money,around family, and a great possible opportunity to take over. Great move

Glad we have her. Gasso said she’s a class act

Last edited:
LMFAO :D:D:D
No Gator will follow anyone to your dust-bowl. Here, let me school ya... :cool:

UF Head Softball Coach Tim Walton's History.
He from Cerritos, Calif, not the Norman dust bowl.
He began playing baseball for Cerritos College, not choke-la-homo.
He did xfer to choke-la-homo and played there to finish out his college baseball career.
Bach of History degree from OK.
Then he was a 2 year minor leaguer with the Phillies.

4 years Assistant Choker coach (grad Asst 1st year?)
Hired away, 3 years Head Coach at Wichita State.
13 years Head Coach at Florida --- where his real growth and success has developed.

Attempting to claim that Walton is somehow a Choke-la-homo product is grasping at it's best,,, :rolleyes: --- he passed through there is about it.... o_O
===========

Why would Rocha leave UF for a lateral move to Choker-town?
Tim just signed a 10 year extension at UF.
If she ever want's to be a Head Coach, then Asst. HC in Choker-town is her best bet.
Makes sense to me, so I don't blame her one bit. Doing what's best for her own family.

Like Walton, she began in Calif, playing at Long Beach City College before a xfer to OK.
Neither of them are true, home grown in-bred choke-la-homos... :confused:

Jenny was a student-athlete (1996-98) and graduate assistant (1999-2001) for the Doomer Swooners.
Student for 3 years, Grad-Asst for 3 years, then gonzo for a real coaching job in Ore.
Oregon Asst Coach for 1 year.
Walton hired her when he became HC at Wichita State, and then she came with him to UF.

Both have spent the vast majority of their coaching careers in the SEC at UF, (13 years)
It's understandable why she would want to return as an OK Alum to the dust-bowl.
There she might have a chance to move up, but not at UF, so good luck to her. :)

But that permanently ends any interest I might have had in her.
Now, I'm interested in seeing who Walton hires to replace her at UF. o_O

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can’t wait until I read on espin... Kelly the “ crop hop “ follows Roche officially transferring to Choklehoma :eek::eek:

:p:D

OU ( for instant the dustbowl chokers) are building a new 25 million dollar softball complex too boot. Rochas hubby is a chokelehoman from Norman.

I think Lombardi was banking about 120k the last couple years before she left. Im sure they are paying Roche more than that. Gasso mid 50’s probably won’t coach 10 more years like Walton. Good money,around family, and a great possible opportunity to take over. Great move

Glad we have her. Gasso said she’s a class act

Nailed head, good for her husband,,, I guess, but that's not what's important to this particular discussion. Neither Walton nor Rocha are home grown chokers, so you can keep the spousal confetti.

"My family and I feel incredibly blessed to have spent the last 13 years at the University of Florida, participating in the growth and development of outstanding student-athletes." Rocha said. "Words cannot adequately express my gratitude to Tim Walton, the Walton family, Scott Stricklin, Lynda Tealer and Jeremy Foley for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful community. Finally, I want to thank all those who contribute to making the Gators great including the UAA staff, all the equipment managers, the Gator Diamond Club and Gator Nation."

I have always appreciated her work ethic and character, she will be missed in the program.
And again, good luck to her, (except of course if my Gators are playing her chokers).
============

The University of Florida’s athletic department unveiled on Friday a timeline for its next wave of facility improvements. The announcement includes upgrades to Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium, home of UF’s softball team, as well as details about the school’s new standalone football complex and baseball stadium.

The total estimated cost for the three projects is $130 million, with $73 million already secured. Of that sum, $50 million is from bonds, $10 million is from University Athletic Association investment earnings and $13 million is from fundraising. The remaining $57 million will also have to be raised through fundraising, but no state money or school money will be siphoned to support the projects.

“UF's athletic department is consistently among the Top Five in the Nation,” athletics director Scott Stricklin said in a release, “and it is our intent that all three of these facilities mirror that.”

The three updates are phase two of three of the UAA’s master facilities plan. The already completed phase one included the renovations to the O’Connell Center (O'Dome), the construction of football’s indoor practice facility and the opening of the academic-focused Hawkins Center. Phase three, which will include updates to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (The SWAMP), will be announced at a later date.

The softball renovations are the least expensive of the group at $11 million, but they’re also the quickest. Construction began immediately after the season ended and should be finished in time for next season. Changes for fans include an open concourse, overhead shade structures and full chair-back seating. The renovations will also raise the stadium’s traditional seating capacity t0 2,280 from 1,431, or to 2,800 counting non-traditional options like the grass hill. Originally built in 1996 with only a 1,200 seating capacity.

The players, meanwhile, will get an on-site weight room so that they no longer have to use the facilities at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, among other upgrades.
-
https://floridagators.com/sports/2018/6/11/ksp-renovations.aspx?id=14929

Nailed head, good for her husband,,, I guess, but that's not what's important to this particular discussion. Neither Walton nor Rocha are home grown chokers, so you can keep the spousal confetti.

"My family and I feel incredibly blessed to have spent the last 13 years at the University of Florida, participating in the growth and development of outstanding student-athletes." Rocha said. "Words cannot adequately express my gratitude to Tim Walton, the Walton family, Scott Stricklin, Lynda Tealer and Jeremy Foley for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful community. Finally, I want to thank all those who contribute to making the Gators great including the UAA staff, all the equipment managers, the Gator Diamond Club and Gator Nation."

I have always appreciated her work ethic and character, she will be missed in the program.
And again, good luck to her, (except of course if my Gators are playing her chokers).
============

The University of Florida’s athletic department unveiled on Friday a timeline for its next wave of facility improvements. The announcement includes upgrades to Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium, home of UF’s softball team, as well as details about the school’s new standalone football complex and baseball stadium.

The total estimated cost for the three projects is $130 million, with $73 million already secured. Of that sum, $50 million is from bonds, $10 million is from University Athletic Association investment earnings and $13 million is from fundraising. The remaining $57 million will also have to be raised through fundraising, but no state money or school money will be siphoned to support the projects.

“UF's athletic department is consistently among the Top Five in the Nation,” athletics director Scott Stricklin said in a release, “and it is our intent that all three of these facilities mirror that.”

The three updates are phase two of three of the UAA’s master facilities plan. The already completed phase one included the renovations to the O’Connell Center (O'Dome), the construction of football’s indoor practice facility and the opening of the academic-focused Hawkins Center. Phase three, which will include updates to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (The SWAMP), will be announced at a later date.

The softball renovations are the least expensive of the group at $11 million, but they’re also the quickest. Construction began immediately after the season ended and should be finished in time for next season. Changes for fans include an open concourse, overhead shade structures and full chair-back seating. The renovations will also raise the stadium’s traditional seating capacity t0 2,280 from 1,431, or to 2,800 counting non-traditional options like the grass hill. Originally built in 1996 with only a 1,200 seating capacity.

The players, meanwhile, will get an on-site weight room so that they no longer have to use the facilities at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, among other upgrades.
-
https://floridagators.com/sports/2018/6/11/ksp-renovations.aspx?id=14929

Former Lizzerd pitcher Delanie Gourley named grad assistant with the dust bowl chokers :cool::p

Former Lizzerd pitcher Delanie Gourley named grad assistant with the dust bowl chokers :cool::p

And as soon as she's picked up a little Grad-Asst experience, she'll also likely move on to 'greener pastures' instead of dry-rotting in the dust-bowl... :cool:

The University of Florida starts the 2018 season No. 7 on the United Soccer Coaches Preseason Rankings.

This is Florida's 7th straight year among the nation's preseason Top 10. Three players have been named to the All SEC Team.

Their schedule includes 7 other teams in the Top 25 Poll.
Eleven teams among the Gators' 18-match schedule advanced to 2017 NCAA play. This is Florida's 22nd consecutive appearance on the United Soccer Coaches preseason poll in the program's 24-year history.

The 2017 Gators advanced to the NCAA Quarterfinal Round. UF is one of only 2 teams to have finished in the Top 10 over the last 4 consecutive seasons.
https://floridagators.com/news/2018/8/7/gators-no-7-on-united-soccer-coaches-preseason-poll.aspx
=====

STUDENT/athletes -- The number of Gators earning SEC academic recognition for 2017-18 is 315, (first year: 68, academic honor roll: 247).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT