ADVERTISEMENT

FSU sucks...

I predict Scarlett will be our 1st 1,000 yard rusher since?? Has it been since C4 Fason?

Our D is still not as talented as we are accustomed to, been a couple of years that we are down, hopefully last year was the year we bottomed out and Grantham has these guys on the up and up.

Franks has tools, can pass, can run, but is his head still the same or is Mullen shaping it into a new and smarter mind?

I'm going 9-4 on the season with a bowl win over say Nebraska in Tampa.

I can see the Gates at 8 wins.... At worst 5 wins... At best 10. Likely 8. Still a yr away but Mullen will probably instill confidence

Since college football has started its time for those season predictions that end up being wrong many times when we make them. Here are some of mine.

Its hard to choose between an 8-4 or 7-5 regular season but I am going with 7-5 now and just hope it ends up better. I think our issues at QB prevent a 9-3 or better season.

The losses I see are MSU, LSU, GA, SC and FSU.

I predict Franks gets yanked at least temporarily for performance issues at least by the LSU game. I would pick the MSU game but I think the coach might be reluctant to do that in that environment and wait until the next game at home.

I think Jones will be our starting QB in the Idaho and FSU games.

I will have to think of some more before that first game.

Might as well throw Colorado State I'm there for good measure. Just in case bruh.

8-4 regular season and hopefully a bowl win. I don’t think our schedule would be hard for a top team, but obviously we aren’t a top team. And with our biggest question marks being oline and QB it’s hard to be more optimistic than 8-4, maybe 9-3.

Biggest thing for me is seeing our defense get back on track and the offense having a plan and not making retarded situational calls. I’d say a top 75 offense is a lot of improvement.

Might as well throw Colorado State I'm there for good measure. Just in case bruh.

Nope not that crazy with the game in this crazy FL humidity. I was surprised how bad their defense looked last night as Hawaii many times doesn't play that great on the mainland. It looks like we should be able to run all over them unless they get their act together some before that game.

Nope not that crazy with the game in this crazy FL humidity. I was surprised how bad their defense looked last night as Hawaii many times doesn't play that great on the mainland. It looks like we should be able to run all over them unless they get their act together some before that game.

Oh so Dan Mullen might win a game?

Reactions: GatorNation79
I predict Scarlett will be our 1st 1,000 yard rusher since?? Has it been since C4 Fason?

NJG, that's pretty unlikely, looking at both the Gator's 2018 RB roster:

25. RB Jordan Scarlett 5-11 210 rsJr (5.0 ypc) <<<<<
22. RB Lamical Perine 5-11 227 Jr (4.6 ypc -short yardage & +receiver+)
20. RB Malik Davis 5-11 195 So (6.7 ypc) <<<<<
32. RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 207 So (7.1 ypc) <<<<<
29. RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 216 Fr - EE >(HS 9.1 ypc, 6,779 Yds)<
24. RB/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 202 Fr - EE >(HS 7.2 ypc)<

And that's before guys like Toney and the QB's are included in the runs.

And looking at the Gator offense under Dan as the BCS-NC OC.

2008 Season

Tebow - 176 for 673 yds, 3.8 ypc, 8 TD's

Harvin - 70 for 660 yds, 9.4 ypc, 10 TD's

Demps - 78 for 605 yds, 7.8 ypc, 7 TD's

Rainey - 84 for 652 yds, 7.8 ypc, 4 TD's

Four, all over 600 yds, totaled 2,590 yds on 408 carries, 6.3 ypc, 29 TD's.

Plus these guys added to the totals:

Moody - 58 for 417 yds, 7.2 ypc, 1 TD

Moore - 29 for 142 yds, 4.9 ypc, 4 TD's

James - 14 for 59 yds, 4.2 ypc, 2 TD's

Combined 101 for 618 yds, 6.1 ypc, 7 TD's

7 runners for 2008 combined for: 3,208 yds, 6.3 ypc, with 36 TD's.

Now, doesn't that sound a lot better, than having a 1,000 yard rusher? o_O
If not, then seek counseling... :cool:

Last edited:
I predict for the first time since Mullen left and Daz took over that we will look like we have an actual offensive gameplan. May not have the skill or experience at QB, but I think those who know will like what they see.

Don’t care about record, Mac posted good records while flushing the program down the toilet. I just want to see a Gators team with a plan out there, the rest will come.

Reactions: sadgator

Our D is still not as talented as we are accustomed to, been a couple of years that we are down, hopefully last year was the year we bottomed out and Grantham has these guys on the up and up.

Franks has tools, can pass, can run, but is his head still the same or is Mullen shaping it into a new and smarter mind?

I'm going 9-4 on the season with a bowl win over say Nebraska in Tampa.
Gillislee finished the regular season 2012 with 1,104 yards

Since no money is being wagered I will say 15-0. Let the Gator dynasty begin as we crush all those that come before is.

Reactions: instaGATOR
That's the spirit, Pluto. Someone's gotta be first to 15-0, might as well be us, eh comrade?
Along with one of our guys winning the Heisman and Mullen winning coach of the year. To quote that kid from Angels in the outfield " It could happen."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT