ADVERTISEMENT

FSU @ Florida...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
One more chance to make a bowl game. We really need those extra practices to help get ready for the early games in 2024. Without Travis FSU is definitely more vulnerable but that backup looks like he can play some. FSU won't get caught by surprise with Brown's running ability now but Brown hasn't got enough passing tape to really show any tendencies there to FSU which might help.

Or maybe we'll see which HC can best make use of his backup QB???

Has FSUcks been playing their backup QB any this season, I don't follow anyone but the Gators?

Looking at his stats it appears he must have just got a series near the end of games in about half their games this season except this past game.

Reactions: instaGATOR
So you're saying that their backup QB has been much better prepared than ours has. Bummer..... 😏

It looks like his only extended play in a game prior to N Alabama was when he came in last season in a road game against Lousville late in the 2nd quarter with them trailing 21-14 and led them to a 35-31 win in that game. He looks to be about like Mertz as far as mobility and can run for a 1st down if it's opened up there but isn't really much of a running threat.

It looks like his only extended play in a game prior to N Alabama was when he came in last season in a road game against Lousville late in the 2nd quarter with them trailing 21-14 and led them to a 35-31 win in that game. He looks to be about like Mertz as far as mobility and can run for a 1st down if it's opened up there but isn't really much of a running threat.
He had only thrown 8 passes prior to Saturday while Brown had attempted 7 passes prior to Saturday. They have almost identical playing time, which is surprising considering the noles had a couple of big blowouts.

He had only thrown 8 passes prior to Saturday while Brown had attempted 7 passes prior to Saturday. They have almost identical playing time, which is surprising considering the noles had a couple of big blowouts.

Yep and he played well over a half against Louisville last season and had about 5 or 6 games with just a few attempts like this season. I know it was N Alabama this season (lol) but he has had to take over 2 times after Travis went out with an injury while FSU was losing the game. Coming in on the road against Louisville and throwing a couple of TDs rallying them to a win was impressive for someone getting his first extended playing time in college.

Yep and he played well over a half against Louisville last season and had about 5 or 6 games with just a few attempts like this season. I know it was N Alabama this season (lol) but he has had to take over 2 times after Travis went out with an injury while FSU was losing the game. Coming in on the road against Louisville and throwing a couple of TDs rallying them to a win was impressive for someone getting his first extended playing time in college.
If they score 35 they will win.

Never EVER discount the SWAMP when it comes to rivalry weekend. I like our chances. My granny just got a few of her ladies together to play secondary, so we are golden! :cool:

One more chance to make a bowl game. We really need those extra practices to help get ready for the early games in 2024. Without Travis FSU is definitely more vulnerable but that backup looks like he can play some. FSU won't get caught by surprise with Brown's running ability now but Brown hasn't got enough passing tape to really show any tendencies there to FSU which might help.

Our backup plays like Hellen Keller in the pocket....scared shitless. I expect the Gators to keep it very close and have a chance to win

Or maybe we'll see which HC can best make use of his backup QB???

Has FSUcks been playing their backup QB any this season, I don't follow anyone but the Gators?

He's played before, sparingly but he's been here for 4 yrs in this system, he's just not great

Reactions: instaGATOR
Do the Gators have anyone out for the game with injuries besides Mertz ? FSU doesn't give out shit for info and our starting MLB was out last week and our center went out of the game.

Mertz did a great job this year for UF . He has a noodle arm but if given time he can get the ball deep . I have no idea what your backup can do when the bullets start flying. Ours is OK, has a good arm, but playing at UF at night is different lol.

UF roster is young, but experienced if that makes sense ( covid year messed everything up ) .I don't know if thats good or bad honestly.

Usually these games play out as expected, with the better team winning. But games at UF are always close .

Barring turnovers and wonky plays I think FSU wins by 10 or so. But if UF gets a pick six early or a couple of turnovers in FSU territory its gonna get wild.

Do the Gators have anyone out for the game with injuries besides Mertz ? FSU doesn't give out shit for info and our starting MLB was out last week and our center went out of the game.

Mertz did a great job this year for UF . He has a noodle arm but if given time he can get the ball deep . I have no idea what your backup can do when the bullets start flying. Ours is OK, has a good arm, but playing at UF at night is different lol.

UF roster is young, but experienced if that makes sense ( covid year messed everything up ) .I don't know if thats good or bad honestly.

Usually these games play out as expected, with the better team winning. But games at UF are always close .

Barring turnovers and wonky plays I think FSU wins by 10 or so. But if UF gets a pick six early or a couple of turnovers in FSU territory its gonna get wild.

We know nothing about Brown except that he can run pretty good. I guess we will find out about his passing. If he plays decent I think we will be close late in the game.

Gators have NOTHING to lose.

Seminoles have EVERYTHING to lose.

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

snl yes GIF

...I'll add that the Tater has a better arm than Travis.

Reactions: goldmom
Battle of the backups. Whatever this game was going to be, it won't be now.

And even if FSU puts up a bunch of points with the backup, it still won't prove anything, because we could give up 24 PPG playing against air.

Lizzie in a tizzie

Reactions: goldmom
We know nothing about Brown except that he can run pretty good. I guess we will find out about his passing. If he plays decent I think we will be close late in the game.
Just for the 'know-nothing's' of the Sgt. Schultz world.....

Max Brown 6-2 220 rsFr
HS Sr Season - 14 Games, 13-1, Conf. 6-0 Okla 3A MVP
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 yd/comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, RTG 142.6

R - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, ZERO fumbles.

UF 2023
P - 10 of 12 83.3% for 106 yds, 10.6 Yds/Comp, L-27 - RTG 157.5

R - 8 for 42 Yds, 5.3 ypc, L-27

You're Welcome...... 😉
==========

I know you have an axe to grind, but Mertz was never the problem.

And I've never blamed Mertz as a person.
I didn't like his TD/Int Ratio or his Sack count at Wis.
I still don't think that his QB-pp 5-6 skill set fits with the current Gator roster.

My problem with Billy is QB-pp Miller instead of developing Fr QB-dt Brown.
And then to add insult to 6-7, 3-30 injury, he again brings in QB-pp Mertz instead of developing rsFr QB-dt Brown in his 2nd year.

This made double non-sense to me, because he's bringing in a 5-star QB-dt in 2024. Instead of developing a dual threat spread type offense and getting the rest of the offense trained and ready to go with a Spread-Offense and a QB-dt, he's busy giving us a QB-pp double losing seasons....
I guess it's true that you just 'CAN'T FIX STUPID.'

i'm not a hater of any of that, I'm just pointing out what I see as a major coaching generated fan dysphoria....

Reactions: Gator Fever

Max Brown 6-2 220 rsFr

UF 2023

You're Welcome...... 😉
==========

I still don't think that his QB-pp 5-6 skill set fits with the current Gator roster.

And then to add insult to 6-7, 3-30 injury, he again brings in QB-pp Mertz instead of developing rsFr QB-dt Brown in his 2nd year.

This made double non-sense to me, because he's bringing in a 5-star QB-dt in 2024. Instead of developing a dual threat spread type offense and getting the rest of the offense trained and ready to go with a Spread-Offense and a QB-dt, he's busy giving us a QB-pp double losing seasons....

i'm not a hater of any of that, I'm just pointing out what I see as a major coaching generated fan dysphoria....
I agree 100% about Miller. WTF??

Max Brown 6-2 220 rsFr

UF 2023

You're Welcome...... 😉
==========

This makes a lot of sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT