ADVERTISEMENT

FSU @ Florida...

Love Brown for sticking around, but now we know why he was not starting. All of the Mertz bashers please issue you apologies now.
That is actually unfair. He was never given any of the playbook to work with. Probably never worked with the first team all year until a week ago. He wasn't given ANY chances at shots downfield tonight, not one. We got the lead, then Napier went into turtle mode calling plays. And this O line still can't pass block for shit anyway, that's never changed.

At some point this program, the players, the coaches, and everyone involved has to see the lack of discipline is evident every game. It is what these players are as people. Zero attention to detail and zero discipline. Until that changes nothing will change. We need better people not just better players.

Good game boys, you made us earn it. Our defense won us the game but you guys played really well for the most part. Billy and his play calls tho....yeesh

Reactions: gatorRAD
Whelp....bowless season. Next year the schedule is going to be even harder. If things don't drastically change it would be easy to see 3-4 losses in the first 5 games. It would not be surprising to be bowless next season as well.
The sooner Napier is gone, the better. I've seen enough. He sucks at game management, game calls on the field, personnel assessment, and assistant coaches (or lack thereof, no special teams coach). The defensive backfield is an embarrassment to the University of Florida's former alumni Hall of Famers. Billy is simply over his head. Micro manager who can't manage the lawlessness of his players.

The sooner Napier is gone, the better. I've seen enough. He sucks at game management, game calls on the field, personnel assessment, and assistant coaches (or lack thereof, no special teams coach). The defensive backfield is an embarrassment to the University of Florida's former alumni Hall of Famers. Billy is simply over his head. Micro manager who can't manage the lawlessness of his players.

I will be shocked if he makes it. I think even Miami will be a death match early next season. He seems lost entirely. Does that make sense.

Billy Napier unfortunately isn’t a very quick witted, on a dime, decision maker. This year TOTALLY proved that the only thing that saves him is a great quarterback and supporting players that are literally smarter than our head coach. This truly sucks unless D.J Lagway decides to stay and wreak havoc. Fuk!!!

Billy Napier unfortunately isn’t a very quick witted, on a dime, decision maker. This year TOTALLY proved that the only thing that saves him is a great quarterback and supporting players that are literally smarter than our head coach. This truly sucks unless D.J Lagway decides to stay and wreak havoc. Fuk!!!
I feel really bad for Mertz, Pearsol, ETN, and others including our beefy defensive linemen. They played their guts out this season. All for naught. That has to be more disappointing for them than any of us. Imagine how they feel?

I feel really bad for Mertz, Pearsol, ETN, and others including our beefy defensive linemen. They played their guts out this season. All for naught. That has to be more disappointing for them than any of us. Imagine how they feel?
Sadly Brown not very good. Tough break with Mertz getting injured.

Sadly Brown not very good. Tough break with Mertz getting injured.
Whether Brown is good or not has nothing to do with my statement. We really don't know that though, considering the plays being called tonight. Brown shined when we had to have a play and had nothing to lose when we were down last week, tonight Billy tried to play conservative like father watching his daughter go to her first prom. Of course, that didn't stop him from letting her shine that leg in hopes of getting an easy touchdown. Welp, that was a disaster;

I'm sure they are disappointed but they played their asses off. Yalls defense tonight was lights out and did everything they needed to do. I saw no quit in the Gators, just some bone head plays (the spit, the Tate hit ejection, etc) that costed you yards and valuable time. Napier didn't help either. Your players played their asses off.

Who

Who signed Brown?
Napier blows! But some on here have maintained that if Brown were the starter we would be better. Mertz is our MVP this year, period. Yes, Napier will suck again next year and will be fired. But nothing to do with Mertz.

Sad for sure but I hope they’re considered highly for the next level.

It will be VERY interesting to see which of our players transfer out and who Napier gets through the portal so we can compare the quality of losses vs. gains for the 2024 roster. And then to see over the next couple of weeks if this signing class loses any more commits.

I will be shocked if he makes it. I think even Miami will be a death match early next season. He seems lost entirely. Does that make sense.
If Napier loses to that sad sack of shit, he should be terminated and replaced by the special teams coach. (oh wait, he doesn't have one. Even better) 😂 UF deserves better. I really dislike Hugh Freeze, but I'm ready!

come-to-me-dr-evil.gif

Why? Only Billy having him throw the shortest passes in the league got him that completion %. My guess is if you look at the stuff 10 yards down the field it was like most 60% passers throw.

It will be VERY interesting to see which of our players transfer out and who Napier gets through the portal so we can compare the quality of losses vs. gains for the 2024 roster. And then to see over the next couple of weeks if this signing class loses any more commits.
As usual, Ocala with a great common sense post. Agree, I am concerned we will lose some of our better players.

Napier blows! But some on here have maintained that if Brown were the starter we would be better. Mertz is our MVP this year, period. Yes, Napier will suck again next year and will be fired. But nothing to do with Mertz.
Mertz was great. His Oline was porous and still he excelled. He gave his all. I wonder if he'll try and come back next season given this cluster eff in place?

Mertz was great. His Oline was porous and still he excelled. He gave his all. I wonder if he'll try and come back next season given this cluster eff in place?

Agree O line was bad but what he was completing mostly doesn't make you great it makes you 5-6 with only one win against a winning FBS team.

And with every passing season the more I check out of CFB. CFB has become the No Fun League, even as their minor league farm system. I used to love CFB, now, I don't remember what is was anymore. Sad Pandas.........

Agree O line was bad but what he was completing mostly doesn't make you great it makes you 5-6 with only one win against a winning FBS team.
What he was completing? C'mon man. He had max 2 seconds to look at his primary and "maybe" a check down before being crushed. No such things as "progressions" behind this line. 😂

"Rickey's not open? Throw it away or run like hell!" 😂

Why? Only Billy having him throw the shortest passes in the league got him that completion %. My guess is if you look at the stuff 10 yards down the field it was like most 60% passers throw.
Hell if you have less than a second to throw you’re not going deep while flat on your back.

• Sad
Reactions: NavigatorII
What he was completing? C'mon man. He had max 2 seconds to look at his primary and "maybe" a check down before being crushed. No such things as "progressions" behind this line. 😂

"Rickey's not open? Throw it away or run like hell!" 😂
Yep.

If things continue to be like this in 2 years from now, and if NorthWestern continues to do well....might want to look into snagging David Braun. NorthWestern was a 1 win team last year and just win their 7th game.

If things continue to be like this in 2 years from now, and if NorthWestern continues to do well....might want to look into snagging David Braun. NorthWestern was a 1 win team last year and I heard he wasn't even offered the HC position untill 2 months before the season started....and they just won their 7th game this season.
Napier will get one more season. We will maybe win 6 games next year. So not sure who is the answer.

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT