ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Senatorial Debate

goldmom

Ring of Honor
Mar 29, 2002
Sweet natured Congresswoman Val Demings was anything but in last night’s verbal face off with Senator Marco Rubio.
She said all he does is “run his mouth”, tried to paint a woe is me victim story of her life, and persist in pushing the tired and disproven lie that the black vote is suppressed.
I think Rubio was a little surprised at her aggressive and frankly rude behavior but he was able to remind folks that as a Hispanic he too was a minority and surprise! he never had a problem voting. And when he pointed to the record early turnout already in Georgia (especially in Metro Atlanta) she quickly moved on.
She knows she’s trailing and came across as a little desperate IMO.
She interrupted him many times but he didn’t once push back or say “Pardon me but I have the floor Madam”.
Anyone else watch?

Reactions: gatordad3 and blubo
Sweet natured? Where did you get that from?

She's a 27 year veteran of law enforcement and former police chief of Orlando

Sweet natured? Where did you get that from?

She's a 27 year veteran of law enforcement and former police chief of Orlando
I am aware of that. Her sweet smile that’s pasted on her face covers up her rude persona. Almost.

Sweet natured Congresswoman Val Demings was anything but in last night’s verbal face off with Senator Marco Rubio.
She said all he does is “run his mouth”, tried to paint a woe is me victim story of her life, and persist in pushing the tired and disproven lie that the black vote is suppressed.
I think Rubio was a little surprised at her aggressive and frankly rude behavior but he was able to remind folks that as a Hispanic he too was a minority and surprise! he never had a problem voting. And when he pointed to the record early turnout already in Georgia (especially in Metro Atlanta) she quickly moved on.
She interrupted him many times but he didn’t once push back or say “Pardon me but I have the floor Madam”.
Anyone else watch?
Didn't watch. Her name is appropriate. Demmings/Dimtard. Votes for every proggie idea.

Anyone else watch?
She will get her azz whipped bad in 3 weeks. I tend not to watch or listen to lefty politicians...they anger me.

You really should look at some facts before you open your mouth and remove any doubt about your lack of credibility...

https://floridaphoenix.com/blog/u-s...forcement-background-in-first-tv-campaign-ad/
U.S. Senate candidate Val Demings touts law enforcement background in first TV campaign ad
BY: ISSAC MORGAN - JUNE 13, 2022 3:40 PM

The 30-second ad also points to “the most dramatic decrease in violent crime” in the city when Demings served as the Orlando police chief. It also says crime was down 40 percent under Demings’ leadership.

“Protect and serve Florida? That’s what I’ve done as a police officer and as chief,” Demings said in the ad. “In the Senate, I’ll protect Florida from bad ideas like defunding the police — that’s just crazy.”

Demings added: “It’s time to send a cop on the beat to the Senate.”

During Demings’ tenure as the Orlando Police Chief, major crimes declined, according to analysis by the Florida Phoenix.

In 2007, the Orlando Police Department had seen a crime rate per 100,000 of the population as 10,232.8 in the total categories of murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny and motor vehicle theft, according to data from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Uniform Crime Reports.

In 2012, that number declined to a crime rate of 7,655.6.

Can get behind her for fighting crime successfully?

How about her standing up for cops accused of excessive force?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/07/11/demings-vp-police-356573
When Val Demings Stood by Police Officers Accused of Excessive Force
Biden’s VP hopeful has billed herself as a reformer, but people who followed her years as Orlando police chief think otherwise.

Anyone want to tell us what Marco Rubio's record on crime is?

The twit is anyone who want's to make claims they can't backup with facts...

Crime went down under her watch...she had police officers backs

And then some want to claim she's "tough talk and nothing else"

Based on what?

Based on what?
They are also called DEMOCRATS, son. Let me help you AGAIN...Val Demmings will get her AZZ BEAT in 3 weeks. This is your FACT of the day!

Reactions: goldmom
Demmings called the summer riots a beautiful sight, told many lies as impeachment manager and voted for all Nancy Pelosi’s liberal policies. Please do not rationalize by using her ads. 95% of law enforcement in Florida have told her to pound sand and she is not winning this election. She was not well liked in Orlando and she is not going to the senate. YAHOO search that, or maybe use Pravda!

Based on what?
bsmeter.gif

Based on what?
Does she use her tough voice and mean look right before she says “Yes Ma’am”
when Nancy tells her how to vote ?

It looks like this race and the Governors race are both going to be at least high single digit blowouts if not reach 10%. Contrary to a lot of swing state trends FL has mostly conservatives moving in and with the changes since the 2018 election probably won't be a true swing state in 2024.

Reactions: goldmom
It looks like this race and the Governors race are both going to be at least high single digit blowouts if not reach 10%. Contrary to a lot of swing state trends FL has mostly conservatives moving in and with the changes since the 2018 election probably won't be a true swing state in 2024.
Let's hope not. Too many idiots already live in the 3 county corridor of hell, PB, Broward, and Dade.

Let's hope not. Too many idiots already live in the 3 county corridor of hell, PB, Broward, and Dade.

I wonder what is going on with Palm Beach if its moving to the right some from where it was. There will never be any hope for Broward.

I bet it will be close.

Andrew Gillum was almost the governor.

I think it has moved right a lot since then. I bet the Rep wins FL by 6% + in 2024. It sucks so many of those western states and TX are getting so many soft lefties from CA etc. moving in that eventually start voting Democrat after supporting a cocktail club type Rep for a few years.

I think it has moved right a lot since then. I bet the Rep wins FL by 6% + in 2024. It sucks so many of those western states and TX are getting so many soft lefties from CA etc. moving in that eventually start voting Democrat after supporting a cocktail club type Rep for a few years.
Yep. They ruined what used to be a red Colorado.

Double digit win for DeSantis...at least. I have never seen more yard signs for ANY candidate...including Trump

I don't see any signs in my part of FL hardly but DeSantis is on the air a lot and I don't see nearly as many Crist commercials. I think the Dems are writing Florida off now.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT