ADVERTISEMENT

At what point did you realize….

RussellCasse

Gator Great
May 16, 2023
That America, the way you thought of her, isn’t actually who she actually is , and….

Is she further gone than you currently think she is? (ie…are we free?) Are we actually closer to or already living under a dictatorship and you haven’t had the epiphany yet?

My first moments of doubt came in service in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Interesting story about Myspace, and Facebook and how differently they were both handled by our Government. I was skeptical before that, but when you are living part of it, it can hit you pretty good.

I am much further along now than I was then, and boy have we jumped the shark..

Discuss…

Last edited:
I would say that my first big red flags was the mission creep that occurred in the Middle East, the bank and auto bailouts, ACA, and then the 2012 re election of Obama. These things kind of snowballed for from doubt to full n recognition that we were WAY off on the wrong track. Then the FISA abuse and Russia collusion hoax convinced me that we have lost the govt, it doesn’t work for the people. Finally, the gender weirdness, and Floyd riots made me realize that we have lost the culture to the extent that some parents celebrate this for there youngins. I think we have lost the whole shooting match. The country is lost, and the system we have come to know will come to an end. I think the best we can do is impose our will on whatever comes next. This doesn’t even scratch the surface of what the consequences of AI and multiple generations of social media kids will look like. I believe we need to simplify our personal lives. Grow our own food. Provide for our own defense. And finally, love the Lord and love your neighbor as you love yourself. Do not love the things or systems of this world. You will not find peace in them.

I would say that my first big red flags was the mission creep that occurred in the Middle East, the bank and auto bailouts, ACA, and then the 2012 re election of Obama. These things kind of snowballed for from doubt to full n recognition that we were WAY off on the wrong track. Then the FISA abuse and Russia collusion hoax convinced me that we have lost the govt, it doesn’t work for the people. Finally, the gender weirdness, and Floyd riots made me realize that we have lost the culture to the extent that some parents celebrate this for there youngins. I think we have lost the whole shooting match. The country is lost, and the system we have come to know will come to an end. I think the best we can do is impose our will on whatever comes next. This doesn’t even scratch the surface of what the consequences of AI and multiple generations of social media kids will look like. I believe we need to simplify our personal lives. Grow our own food. Provide for our own defense. And finally, love the Lord and love your neighbor as you love yourself. Do not love the things or systems of this world. You will not find peace in them.

Very well said. Don’t disagree with any of those things. Like this story of how it occurred for you.

The Grand finale these last few years has been epic.

Reactions: jsfgators
Very well said. Don’t disagree with any of those things. Like this story of how it occurred for you.

The Grand finale these last few years has been epic.
I have legit gone through the stages of grief. I still let it make me mad sometimes, but o have shifted to the mentality of only concerning myself with the things I can control. I keep up with the news to a certain degree, and I like stop in here a shoot the shit from time to time. However, I think it’s natural to become obsessed with the train wreck and it prevents us from taking action. At the end of the day, we are all in the same sinking boat and we need to get busy and stop staring into screens.

That America, the way you thought of her, isn’t actually who she actually is , and….

Is she further gone than you currently think she is? (ie…are we free?) Are we actually closer to or already living under a dictatorship and you haven’t had the epiphany yet?

My first moments of doubt came in service in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Interesting story about Myspace, and Facebook and how differently they were both handled by our Government. I was skeptical before that, but when you are living part of it, it can hit you pretty good.

Discuss…
Very good question. In came during Covid and after the race riots, and the full surge of DEI. We, at work, a leading global firm where I was a partner, were asked, to read the 1619 project, "White Fragility". Something was deeply, deeply amiss. It was the first time that a corporate entity was asking us (essentially telling us), to "do the work". The simple mantra at work was, "don't talk religion and politics". Ok, a simple rubric and one that was followed by almost everyone.

You then take what happened with the CDC under Covid-19, and I was someone who took shots and the boosters. You then looked North with what was happening with Canada.

I may be younger than a number of you. I was in my thirties when Obama took office. Even though I had read voraciously on a range of items since the 1990s, I look back and would have viewed myself as a "low information voter".

Reactions: RussellCasse
Very good question. In came during Covid and after the race riots, and the full surge of DEI. We, at work, a leading global firm where I was a partner, were asked, to read the 1619 project, "White Fragility". Something was deeply, deeply amiss. It was the first time that a corporate entity was asking us (essentially telling us), to "do the work". The simple mantra at work was, "don't talk religion and politics". Ok, a simple rubric and one that was followed by almost everyone.

You then take what happened with the CDC under Covid-19, and I was someone who took shots and the boosters. You then looked North with what was happening with Canada.

I may be younger than a number of you. I was in my thirties when Obama took office. Even though I had read voraciously on a range of items since the 1990s, I look back and would have viewed myself as a "low information voter".

Crazy stuff we are in the middle of rn. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 as you alluded. Wild to look back and think…”how did I miss it, and what am I missing now?”

Good times

Reactions: fatman76
If anyone is ever interested…do some homework on myspace DOD policies, and then Facebook in the early 2000’s. It might also be beneficial to find out who invested heavily in Facebook to get it off the ground.

I will just say this…

Facebook (social media) monitoring and censoring your actions isn’t something new, and it isn’t JUST our Government working WITH a private company to stop disinformation.

There is a reason Myspace failed and Facebook took off. And no, it doesn’t have anything to do with design, security threats or any other nonsense.

This was one of the many first Red Flags for me. It wasn’t the first or only one, but it was a big one. So, if you’re thinking the censorship and monitoring started in 2020 or even 2016-2020… dig deeper.

Discuss…
The Russia story. This is not hyperbole, but I truly believe democrats have always aided Americas enemies, and conservatives never would.I knew Trump would NEVER collude with our enemies, and I knew democrats would. That woke me totally up. It boils down to who really loves America. Although Americas back is up against the wall, I believe so much in her and what maker her who she is….no, it is not too late.

Last edited:
The Russia story. This is not hyperbole, but I truly believe democrats have always aided Americas enemies, and conservatives never would. It boils down to who really loves America. Although Americas back is up against the wall, I believe so much in her and what maker her who she is….no, it is not too late.
is this gibberish or english??? Maybe its ebonics...

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
The shocker for me came about the time Trump's election was stolen. I'm slow to the game. It was when a lady who used to work in Trump's administration said to question everything. And so I did. It opened my eyes to the simplest of examples in that George Bush is a piece of crap... The snowball just got bigger and bigger after that.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
I distinctly remember when he say "We're 5 days away from fundamentally changing America." I said, WHAT?!!! I waited to see which talking head picked up on that. Not a single one did, until it actually happened.

I distinctly remember when he say "We're 5 days away from fundamentally changing America." I said, WHAT?!!! I waited to see which talking head picked up on that. Not a single one did, until it actually happened.
Which is exactly why Rush said on his radio show “I hope he fails” after his first election, sorry, immaculation.

Rush had Obama figured out way before anybody else did.

Which is exactly why Rush said on his radio show “I hope he fails” after his first election, sorry, immaculation.

Indeed he did. Rush had a unique way of keeping the Right laser focused on the important things. Rush would have the entire party (the politicians) behind Trump at this point. He is dearly missed.

Who said this in 1995?
“There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.”
That would be your favorite addict, Rush Limbaugh prior to him getting busted. Curious he was never "sent up" as he was calling for others to go to prison.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
Newsflash for you.
Newsome (49% favorable) is polling better in California than DeSantis (45% favorable) is in Florida.
Polls can be easily manipulated but I'm sure a lot of people who supported DeSantis as Governor were disappointed at the time he spent running for President.

Who said this in 1995?
“There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.”
That would be your favorite addict, Rush Limbaugh prior to him getting busted. Curious he was never "sent up" as he was calling for others to go to prison.

Lots of BS in this post. If anything, this proves his point. He had an addiction to painkillers that were prescribed to him. Been there, done that. It’s awful.

If only you had this much veracity for quid pro joe.

Newsflash for you.
Newsome (49% favorable) is polling better in California than DeSantis (45% favorable) is in Florida.

Wait…an entire state filled with leftists like a leftist?

Say it ain’t so. I love it when people play the stat game without context…

So here ya go…

Party affiliations:

California : 47% Dem 24% Republican
Florida: 37% Republican 33% Dem

Let’s see if you’re capable of making sense of the polls now.

Who said this in 1995?
Drug use isn't destroying this country, the War on Drugs is. Why do you think our neighbors to the South want in so badly.

Unfortunately, I wasn't listening to him back then. I only started a couple of years before he died.

Polls can be easily manipulated but I'm sure a lot of people who supported DeSantis as Governor were disappointed at the time he spent running for President.
Kinda funny you didn't state how polls can be manipulated when the poster copied and pasted the article about Newsome's poll numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT