ADVERTISEMENT

Cancel culture is killing this country

Who gets to determine that something like the "OK" hand sign is racist? I learned at an early age it means okay. Now, some 40+ years later, I find out its actually a white supremacy sign. How about this hand sign, is it racist too: raising the middle finger while my other fingers are held down.

Who gets to determine that something like the "OK" hand sign is racist? I learned at an early age it means okay. Now, some 40+ years later, I find out its actually a white supremacy sign. How about this hand sign, is it racist too: raising the middle finger while my other fingers are held down.
No one...feel free to use it whenever you like. I know it is wrong to hate a certain race so I try to equally despise all races of people. ;) Stalin is proof of this, you always hear Hitler's name mentioned because he killed 6 million Jews while Stalin killed 16 million different races of people is less villainous for some reason.

No one...feel free to use it whenever you like. I know it is wrong to hate a certain race so I try to equally despise all races of people. ;) Stalin is proof of this, you always hear Hitler's name mentioned because he killed 6 million Jews while Stalin killed 16 million different races of people is less villainous for some reason.

Both were pricks...one was just better at being one.

This ain't new people...

The returning champion appeared on Tuesday’s episode of the competition trivia show and during the show’s introductions, Donohue appeared to hold up the last three fingers on his right hand, forming an "OK" sign touching his forefinger to his thumb and holding it to his chest. Donohue then tapped his chest three times with the hand gesture.

"It’s shameful to me to think anyone would try to use the stage of ‘Jeopardy!’ to advance or promote such a disgusting agenda. During the taping of my fourth episode, I was simply raising three fingers to mark my 3rd win. There was nothing more I was trying to indicate," he said.

"This, whether intentional or not, resembled very closely a gesture that has been coopted by white power groups, alt right groups, and an anti-government group that calls itself the Three Percenters," the letter reads.

It goes on to say: "Regardless of his stated intent, the gesture is a racist dog whistle. Some of the first people to notice this were not affiliated with ‘Jeopardy!’ in any way — they were viewers who couldn’t believe what they’d seen, captured it on video, and shared it to Twitter. Among them were people of color who, needless to say, are attuned to racist messaging and not appreciative that the show allowed this symbol to be broadcast."

R0578e313aae4e034a02cfa265ccdbabb

This ain't new people...

The returning champion appeared on Tuesday’s episode of the competition trivia show and during the show’s introductions, Donohue appeared to hold up the last three fingers on his right hand, forming an "OK" sign touching his forefinger to his thumb and holding it to his chest. Donohue then tapped his chest three times with the hand gesture.

"It’s shameful to me to think anyone would try to use the stage of ‘Jeopardy!’ to advance or promote such a disgusting agenda. During the taping of my fourth episode, I was simply raising three fingers to mark my 3rd win. There was nothing more I was trying to indicate," he said.

"This, whether intentional or not, resembled very closely a gesture that has been coopted by white power groups, alt right groups, and an anti-government group that calls itself the Three Percenters," the letter reads.

It goes on to say: "Regardless of his stated intent, the gesture is a racist dog whistle. Some of the first people to notice this were not affiliated with ‘Jeopardy!’ in any way — they were viewers who couldn’t believe what they’d seen, captured it on video, and shared it to Twitter. Among them were people of color who, needless to say, are attuned to racist messaging and not appreciative that the show allowed this symbol to be broadcast."

R0578e313aae4e034a02cfa265ccdbabb
Prophets^^^calling out the Profits.

Reactions: fsumc
  • Haha
Reactions: fsumc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT