ADVERTISEMENT

Bodycam video shows police fatally shooting Anthony Alvarez...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

Its getting crazy and I am sure if this guy was black instead of mostly hispanic that it would be blowing up even more in the lefty news places.

Crazy situation as the guy is being chased (for getting away the other day I think from fleeing a traffic stop) and refuses to drop the gun. Unlike the cops report claims apparently (haven't read it myself) the guy doesn't appear to really be making a move to turn and possibly shoot and seems preoccupied with fleeing. Even though this would have been brushed aside in the past my thinking is the cop should probably be canned even if they have to use making a false report part of doing it. I don't think he should be charged but it wouldn't surprise me if a lefty state attorney does come after him. These lefty state attorneys could care less what police policy is and with these laws/statutes being so open ended it allows them to not get in trouble for charging something like this.

That looks like a bad shoot to me, but I’m not an expert

The only plausible justification I could come up with would be similar to Jacob Blake…ie that the suspect was not dropping the weapon and could pose harm to innocent people nearby.

That said I see no bystanders and it looks to me like they just shot a kid in the back who was running away. Unless there’s more to it that cop should be charged IMO.

Its getting crazy and I am sure if this guy was black instead of mostly hispanic that it would be blowing up even more in the lefty news places.

Crazy situation as the guy is being chased (for getting away the other day I think from fleeing a traffic stop) and refuses to drop the gun. Unlike the cops report claims apparently (haven't read it myself) the guy doesn't appear to really be making a move to turn and possibly shoot and seems preoccupied with fleeing. Even though this would have been brushed aside in the past my thinking is the cop should probably be canned even if they have to use making a false report part of doing it. I don't think he should be charged but it wouldn't surprise me if a lefty state attorney does come after him. These lefty state attorneys could care less what police policy is and with these laws/statutes being so open ended it allows them to not get in trouble for charging something like this.
I don't get the shooting of these guys unless they are serving warrants to a serial killer/rapist. Everyone will get a fair trial but there are circumstances where they are wanted dead or alive.

Reactions: BSC911
After watching the video it did appear that he may turn and fire the weapon which is a split-second decision to make or you're dead. I say it appears that this was the right call when you have to consider did the officer feel he was in danger of being killed or suffer great bodily harm. That would justify deadly force.

If police just started letting anyone go who flees, I wouldn't blame them one bit. Of course, it would probably mean crime would go up, but the LEFT and minorities seem to be OK with that.

The guy was holding a 9mm with a laser sight.
He stopped and turned toward the officer with the gun still in his hand.
This 'going all Zapruder' and analyzing the officers action frame by frame is nonsense. He had a split second decision on the run at night.
The report also said that the kid chunked a bag of something while he was running. Maybe he should've chunked the weapon as well. The weapon in his hand (which I'm guessing is illegal in Chicago) is what got him killed.
Running from police with an illegal weapon in your hand is probably not going to end well. Not running, dropping the weapon and putting your hands up is probably the more prudent move.

This 'going all Zapruder' and analyzing the officers action frame by frame is nonsense. He had a split second decision on the run at night.
The report also said that the kid chunked a bag of something while he was running. Maybe he should've chunked the weapon as well. The weapon in his hand (which I'm guessing is illegal in Chicago) is what got him killed.
Running from police with an illegal weapon in your hand is probably not going to end well. Not running, dropping the weapon and putting your hands up is probably the more prudent move.
Try explaining THAT to the WOKE Left.

Let's be real here. They (BLM/MSM) are still pushing the false narrative that Michael Brown was gunned down after dropping to his knees and holding his hands up in complete surrender mode.

Let's be real here. They (BLM/MSM) are still pushing the false narrative that Michael Brown was gunned down after dropping to his knees and holding his hands up in complete surrender mode.
R3c5004a793b86a49da8de5aa753038e1

I don't get the shooting of these guys unless they are serving warrants to a serial killer/rapist. Everyone will get a fair trial but there are circumstances where they are wanted dead or alive.
What I don't get is why criminals not wanted for murder decide resisting arrest and threatening a LEO and then are shocked when they win the Darwin Award. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Tennessee vs Garner

Primary Holding
Under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, a police officer may use deadly force to prevent the escape of a fleeing suspect only if the officer has a good-faith belief that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

If a suspect is fleeing with a gun, it is not unreasonable to assume that he poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

After watching the video it did appear that he may turn and fire the weapon which is a split-second decision to make or you're dead. I say it appears that this was the right call when you have to consider did the officer feel he was in danger of being killed or suffer great bodily harm. That would justify deadly force.

Hard to say...but that is not the standard.

If the cop thought that the man fleeing with a gun posed a legitimate threat to the cops or others, it's a good shoot. It's that simple.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon

Sad deal all around fevered brain 😥

Tennessee vs Garner

Primary Holding
Under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, a police officer may use deadly force to prevent the escape of a fleeing suspect only if the officer has a good-faith belief that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

If a suspect is fleeing with a gun, it is not unreasonable to assume that he poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

The problem is that is subjective despite them having some language in the ruling and still allows the state attorney to do what they want for political reasons etc.

They would just pay some former officers to get on the stand and say this was a bad shooting and no reasonable acting cop would have shot him in that situation.

Tennessee vs Garner

Primary Holding

Fleeing felons best watch their step in the Volunteer State. First to fight since 1812.

The problem is that is subjective despite them having some language in the ruling and still allows the state attorney to do what they want for political reasons etc.

They would just pay some former officers to get on the stand and say this was a bad shooting and no reasonable acting cop would have shot him in that situation.

And the defense would put on cops to say otherwise. More importantly, legal scholars and YEARS of case law are on the defense's side.

Reactions: nail1988
Biden and LA-SCUM “ WOKE WAR“ on cops bearing more fruit 😥🤬🤬🤬

Man Brutally Beats Delaware Police Officer To Death​

Biden and LA-SCUM “ WOKE WAR“ on cops bearing more fruit 😥🤬🤬🤬

Man Brutally Beats Delaware Police Officer To Death​

Remember, if this guy had been shot and killed during this act, he would have been included in the statistic of "unarmed black men" killed by police.

Just food for thought.

There's a reason he tossed the drugs but held onto the gun. It was clearly a mistake...but he did it on purpose.
A deadly mistake. The thing that angers me are the people that don't care about Policemen that get killed (they feel like they deserve to die because they knew it was a dangerous job) but the criminals that are pillaging from the communities are complete victims of systemic racism and cops out to hunt them down. Well yeah, cops are looking for criminals but they aren't shooting them because they are minorities they're being shot because they are reckless criminal scum.

A deadly mistake. The thing that angers me are the people that don't care about Policemen that get killed (they feel like they deserve to die because they knew it was a dangerous job) but the criminals that are pillaging from the communities are complete victims of systemic racism and cops out to hunt them down. Well yeah, cops are looking for criminals but they aren't shooting them because they are minorities they're being shot because they are reckless criminal scum.

And by their logic, robbing people is also a dangerous job.

But we do make mistakes...and the stakes are high. It'll keep you up nights.

You're a bartender and you're having a bad night. Everything you touch turns to shit...but you get to go home that night and it's unlikely that you end up in federal prison.

And by their logic, robbing people is also a dangerous job.

But we do make mistakes...and the stakes are high. It'll keep you up nights.

You're a bartender and you're having a bad night. Everything you touch turns to shit...but you get to go home that night and it's unlikely that you end up in federal prison.
Right....there is no profession that is more scrutinized than policing. Just look at the Border Patrol being threatened by these morons, all forms of policing are under attack by the mob because they are keeping them from doing whatever they want to you or your property. I can guarantee they don't want to attack my home, they'll be in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT