ADVERTISEMENT

Jayland Walker, a Black man killed by police in Ohio, was shot at least 60 times, bodycam footage shows: 'This is going to be a brutal video'

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Taurus is flawless. I love that pistol.

The gun in question is a Smith and Wesson.

BTW, not that you said you were interested in a Sig, but they are more complicated to break down and have more moving parts than a Glock. I absolutely LOVE my Sig but a Glock is so simple to break down and clean.

The Palmetto Glock clone is easy as well.

BTW, not that you said you were interested in a Sig, but they are more complicated to break down and have more moving parts than a Glock. I absolutely LOVE my Sig but a Glock is so simple to break down and clean.

The Palmetto Glock clone is easy as well.
Crank back on the slide, hold down the slide lock, remove the slide from the frame, remove the buffer assembly, remove the barrel. Four pieces for a field strip.

Easy peasy.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Crank back on the slide, hold down the slide lock, remove the slide from the frame, remove the buffer assembly, remove the barrel. Four pieces for a field strip.

Easy peasy.

Sig is just as easy to this point.

The trigger on the other hand...😬

As I am rapidly becoming an old fart, who learned how to shoot on a Smith Model 10 revolver, I will now share with you the secret of a smooth glock trigger.

Pull the trigger assembly. Buy a 3.5 pound connector bar to replace the 5.5 pound connector bar. Remove that crappy trigger spring and replace it with a NY7 spring assembly. Buy some Mothers mag polish and a emory board for fingernails, and file the engagement areas on the trigger bar ( safety plunger and trigger) til they are smooth, and then polish them til they are shiny. You end up with revolver like take up, crisp break and quick reset, with a 5 pound trigger pull. Best part, because you technically made the gun heavier than stock, they can't get you in court for altering it, since the NY7/12 springs were designed to increase the trigger pull because stupid yankee NYPD Cops kept shooting themselves.

For ten bucks plus whatever the polish and the emory board costs, you get rid of that creepy, gritty stock Glock trigger.

Last edited:
  • Love
As I am rapidly becoming an old fart, who learned how to shoot on a Smith Model 10 revolver, I will now share with you the secret of a smooth glock trigger.

Pull the trigger assembly. Buy a 3.5 pound connector bar to replace the 5.5 pound connector bar. Remove that crappy trigger spring and replace it with a NY7 spring assembly. Buy some Mothers mag polish and a emory board for fingernails, and file the engagement areas til they are smooth, and then polish them til they are shiny. You end up with revolver like take up, crisp break and quick reset, with a 5 pound trigger pull. Best part, because you technically made the gun heavier than stock, they can't get you in court for altering it, since the NY7/12 springs were designed to increase the trigger pull because stupid yankee NYPD Cops kept shooting themselves.

For ten bucks plus whatever the polish and hte emory board costs, you get rid of that creepy, gritty stock Glock trigger.

My buddy did the 3.5lb connector bar thing. I'm not sure if he did some or all of the other stuff but he loves it now.

The only reason I have Sigs now is the flat 90° trigger on the P320X Full and the P320X Carry. It made me a better shooter and I don't think I could ever go back now.

Some people hate the flat trigger but I love it. And the break right at 90° is just...instinctive.

My buddy did the 3.5lb connector bar thing. I'm not sure if he did some or all of the other stuff but he loves it now.

The only reason I have Sigs now is the flat 90° trigger on the P320X Full and the P320X Carry. It made me a better shooter and I don't think I could ever go back now.

Some people hate the flat trigger but I love it. And the break right at 90° is just...instinctive.
I'm considering a flat trigger for my Jericho. This one is obscenely curvy.

271239597_1600345820313658_448730844413207641_n.jpg

271256373_1600346023646971_9171438161366690500_n.jpg

It's all a matter of WHT fits your hand and what you get use to.

All of the Glock guys I know that tried the flat Glock trigger hated it.
Back in the day, I shot expert with the Lady Smith 357. Just a real easy weapon to handle and reload. But, when we went to the Glock 40, I couldn't believe how smooth a 40 cal could shoot. They had a hair-trigger though.

Yeah I don't care for a flat trigger on a Glock but the Jericho takes the CZ-75 flat trigger.
Love the Jericho, and the all steel one is priced very competitively.
I'd love to get a CZ circa 1985 but they are hard to come by and usually cost a small fortune.

Another all steel pistol to consider would be the Belgian made Browning Hi-Power.
Unfortunately, they are discontinued. I'm waiting on more feedback about the SA-35, supposed to have several upgrades to it that make it better than any Hi-Power ever produced.

My old Colt King Cobra 357 is a classic I cherish.
Always wanted one, couldn't comes to grip with the cost.
So I turned to the Ruger GP100 in .357M and the Super Redhawk in .44M.

I gotta tell ya, as far as I'm concerned there isn't a better built, better shooting and better looking revolver than the GP100 with the black rubber grip and wood inlay. Except maybe for the Super Redhawk.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Always wanted one, couldn't comes to grip with the cost.
So I turned to the Ruger GP100 in .357M and the Super Redhawk in .44M.

I gotta tell ya, as far as I'm concerned there isn't a better built, better shooting and better looking revolver than the GP100 with the black rubber grip and wood inlay. Except maybe for the Super Redhawk.
I like the SW 357 with pachmayr grips.

I haven't seen anything stating a cop ordered anyone to stop shooting.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/us/jayland-walker-police-shooting-video/index.html

The incident ended soon after when, according to a police timeline, Walker "stopped and quickly turned towards the officers," and officers discharged their weapons. At least one officer can be heard near the end of videos that were released shouting, "Cease fire."

Either way, the shooting apparently lasted about 6 seconds. I've been in a situation like this. Have you? That's pretty quick...but you can dump a LOT of rounds in 6 seconds. I can easily dump a 21 round magazine including one in the pipe in 6 seconds and be pretty freaking accurate at close range.

You seem to forget that there was a chase that ensued from when he left the car running. Tasers were deployed before he was shot at

Jayland Walker committed a traffic violation and was gunned down

Funny how others running from the police don't die in a hail of police bullets, huh?

This one killed 7 people and was "armed & dangerous" according to police but they figured out how to arrest him without unloading 60 gunshots into him

6m1pgv.jpg

And this one actually killed 3 officers when they tried to arrest him
Somehow miraculously he didn't get 60 gunshots either

Amazing how you can kill 3 officers & a dog trying to arrest you and still be taken alive into custody by police

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flags-lowered-kentucky-3-officers-182851612.html
Flags to be lowered in Kentucky after 3 officers killed

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Flags at Kentucky state buildings will be lowered to half-staff Tuesday morning in honor of three officers who were killed when a man with a rifle opened fire on police attempting to serve a warrant, Gov. Andy Beshear said Monday.

Flags will remain at half-staff until sunset Thursday in remembrance of Floyd County sheriff’s deputy and Martin City fire Chief William Petry, Prestonsburg police Capt. Ralph Frasure and Prestonsburg police Officer Jacob Chaffins, Beshear said in a news release.

The three were killed Thursday night in an hourslong standoff at a home in Allen, a small town in the hills of Appalachia in eastern Kentucky. A German shepherd police dog named Drago was also killed and several other law enforcement officials were wounded in the shooting, officials said.

Lance Storz, 49, was taken into custody after the shooting, authorities said.

If you think that you can do it better, we're accepting applications.

I don't need an application...as part of the public that pays your salary I want you to be better at what you do

Law enforcement has failed in Buffalo, Uvalde, & Highland Park in the past month

You want to tell the families of those victims you're accepting applications?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/us/jayland-walker-police-shooting-video/index.html

The incident ended soon after when, according to a police timeline, Walker "stopped and quickly turned towards the officers," and officers discharged their weapons. At least one officer can be heard near the end of videos that were released shouting, "Cease fire."

You seem to forget that there was a chase that ensued from when he left the car running. Tasers were deployed before he was shot at

Jayland Walker committed a traffic violation and was gunned down

Funny how others running from the police don't die in a hail of police bullets, huh?

This one killed 7 people and was "armed & dangerous" according to police but they figured out how to arrest him without unloading 60 gunshots into him

6m1pgv.jpg

And this one actually killed 3 officers when they tried to arrest him
Somehow miraculously he didn't get 60 gunshots either

Amazing how you can kill 3 officers & a dog trying to arrest you and still be taken alive into custody by police

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flags-lowered-kentucky-3-officers-182851612.html
Flags to be lowered in Kentucky after 3 officers killed

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Flags at Kentucky state buildings will be lowered to half-staff Tuesday morning in honor of three officers who were killed when a man with a rifle opened fire on police attempting to serve a warrant, Gov. Andy Beshear said Monday.

Flags will remain at half-staff until sunset Thursday in remembrance of Floyd County sheriff’s deputy and Martin City fire Chief William Petry, Prestonsburg police Capt. Ralph Frasure and Prestonsburg police Officer Jacob Chaffins, Beshear said in a news release.

The three were killed Thursday night in an hourslong standoff at a home in Allen, a small town in the hills of Appalachia in eastern Kentucky. A German shepherd police dog named Drago was also killed and several other law enforcement officials were wounded in the shooting, officials said.

Lance Storz, 49, was taken into custody after the shooting, authorities said.

I don't need an application...as part of the public that pays your salary I want you to be better at what you do

Law enforcement has failed in Buffalo, Uvalde, & Highland Park in the past month

You want to tell the families of those victims you're accepting applications?
You stop and quickly turn toward the Police after already shooting at them, you can bet you are going to get gunned down. This isn't something new, it's always been that way. Suicide by Cop.

You stop and quickly turn toward the Police after already shooting at them, you can bet you are going to get gunned down. This isn't something new, it's always been that way. Suicide by Cop.

That didn't happen in Kentucky did it?

That guy didn't just quickly turn around...he killed 3 officers

He shot and killed three officers trying to arrest him but still wasn't gunned down

So all of the justifications for the volume of bullets in the Walker shooting is BS
Shoot until the suspect is subdued. Do you realize that two bank robbers were fatally shot and still managed to kill several FBI agents before they were stopped in Miami? You are still a risk until you are completely dead.

He shot and killed three officers trying to arrest him but still wasn't gunned down

So all of the justifications for the volume of bullets in the Walker shooting is BS
I have a rule that I go by...libs NEVER need to talk about firearms...none of you know a damn thing about them. I would be very surprised if you knew which end the bullet came out of. So leave the manly stuff to us...hell...if push comes to shove, if you are not such an asshat..we MAY even protect you. You need to spend more time on "man bun" (biggest oxymoron on earth) styles...something you KNOW about

• Haha
I have a rule that I go by...libs NEVER need to talk about firearms...none of you know a damn thing about them. I would be very surprised if you knew which end the bullet came out of. So leave the manly stuff to us...hell...if push comes to shove, if you are not such an asshat..we MAY even protect you. You need to spend more time on "man bun" (biggest oxymoron on earth) styles...something you KNOW about
@RayGravesGhost weapon.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1

After Highland Park, Buffalo, Uvalde...I would say "legal" gun owners are the ones who don't know anything about safe gun ownership

After Highland Park, Buffalo, Uvalde...I would say "legal" gun owners are the ones who don't know anything about safe gun ownership
This is EXACTLY where you fell off of the cliff, son. Because what YOU say does not even matter ONE bit. You do not know the first thing about guns, or gun laws.

Some of the replies to each other in this thread is sick to read...I will lock, ban, and delete as many threads as I need to clean it up or just take the Parking Lot out all together if people can't act like civil adults. Pretty simple folks......

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT