ADVERTISEMENT

Elected officials, police chiefs on leaked Oath Keepers list

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
White supremacist extremists are part of America's institutions and need to be weeded out of public life

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elected-officials-police-chiefs-leaked-041134211.html

Elected officials, police chiefs on leaked Oath Keepers list​

ALANNA DURKIN RICHER and MICHAEL KUNZELMAN
Wed, September 7, 2022 at 12:11 AM·5 min read

6sluh7.jpg

The names of hundreds of U.S. law enforcement officers, elected officials and military members appear on the leaked membership rolls of a far-right extremist group that's accused of playing a key role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to a report released Wednesday.

The Anti-Defamation League Center on Extremism pored over more than 38,000 names on leaked Oath Keepers membership lists and identified more than 370 people it believes currently work in law enforcement agencies — including as police chiefs and sheriffs — and more than 100 people who are currently members of the military.

It also identified more than 80 people who were running for or served in public office as of early August. The membership information was compiled into a database published by the transparency collective Distributed Denial of Secrets.

The data raises fresh concerns about the presence of extremists in law enforcement and the military who are tasked with enforcing laws and protecting the U.S. It’s especially problematic for public servants to be associated with extremists at a time when lies about the 2020 election are fueling threats of violence against lawmakers and institutions.

“Even for those who claimed to have left the organization when it began to employ more aggressive tactics in 2014, it is important to remember that the Oath Keepers have espoused extremism since their founding, and this fact was not enough to deter these individuals from signing up,” the report says.

Appearing in the Oath Keepers' database doesn't prove that a person was ever an active member of the group or shares its ideology. Some people on the list contacted by The Associated Press said they were briefly members years ago and are no longer affiliated with the group. Some said they were never dues-paying members.

“Their views are far too extreme for me,” said Shawn Mobley, sheriff of Otero County, Colorado. Mobley told the AP in an email that he distanced himself from the Oath Keepers years ago over concerns about its involvement in the standoff against the federal government at Bundy Ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada, among other things.

The Oath Keepers, founded in 2009 by Stewart Rhodes, is a loosely organized conspiracy theory-fueled group that recruits current and former military, police and first responders. It asks its members to vow to defend the Constitution “against all enemies, foreign and domestic," promotes the belief that the federal government is out to strip citizens of their civil liberties and paints its followers as defenders against tyranny.

More than two dozen people associated with the Oath Keepers — including Rhodes — have been charged in connection with the Jan. 6 attack. Rhodes and four other Oath Keeper members or associates are heading to trial this month on seditious conspiracy charges for what prosecutors have described as a weekslong plot to keep then-President Donald Trump in power. Rhodes and the other Oath Keepers say that they are innocent and that there was no plan to attack the Capitol.

The Oath Keepers has grown quickly along with the wider anti-government movement and used the tools of the internet to spread their message during Barack Obama's presidency, said Rachel Carroll Rivas, interim deputy director of research with the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project. But since Jan. 6 and Rhodes' arrest, the group has struggled to keep members, she said.

That’s partly because Oath Keepers had been associated so strongly with Rhodes that the removal of the central figure had an outsized impact, and partly because many associated with the group were often those who wanted to be considered respectable in their communities, she said.

“The image of being associated with Jan. 6 was too much for many of those folks,” she said.

Among the elected officials whose name appears on the membership lists is South Dakota state Rep. Phil Jensen, who won a June Republican primary in his bid for reelection. Jensen told the AP he paid for a one-year membership in 2014 but never received any Oath Keepers' literature, attended any meetings or renewed his membership.

Jensen said he felt compelled to join because he “believed in the oath that we took to support the US Constitution and to defend it against enemies foreign and domestic." He wouldn't say whether he now disavows the Oath Keepers, saying he doesn't have enough information about the group today.

“Back in 2014, they appeared to be a pretty solid conservative group, I can't speak to them now,” he said.

ADL said it found the names of at least 10 people who now work as police chiefs and 11 sheriffs. All of the police chiefs and sheriffs who responded to the AP said they no longer have any ties to the group.

“I don’t even know what they’re posting. I never get any updates,” said Mike Hollinshead, sheriff of Idaho’s Elmore County. “I'm not paying dues or membership fees or anything.”

Hollinshead, a Republican, said he was campaigning for sheriff several years ago when voters asked him if he was familiar with the Oath Keepers. Hollinshead said he wanted to learn about the group and recalls paying for access to content on the Oath Keepers’ website, but that was the extent of his involvement.

Benjamin Boeke, police chief in Oskaloosa, Iowa, recalled getting emails from the group years ago and said he believes a friend may have signed him up. But he said he never paid to become a member and doesn’t know anything about the group.

Eric Williams, police chief in Idalou, Texas, also said in an email that he hasn't been a member or had any interaction with the Oath Keepers in over 10 years. He called the storming of the Capitol “terrible in every way.”

"I pray this country finds its way back to civility and peace in discourse with one another,” he said.

• Haha
Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
https://www.mic.com/impact/police-proud-boys-oath-keepers-richard-whitehead

Cops are now being trained by literal white supremacists​

White supremacists, conspiracy theorists, and far-right vigilantes have long entrenched themselves within the ranks of law enforcement. A new investigation from Reuters suggests that it’s not just that the position of authority appeals to these groups — it’s that police trainers with far-right ties may be teaching recruits to think this way.

Reuters looked into law enforcement consultancy groups that have been brought in to train hundreds of police officers and public safety workers across the country. It found that a handful of trainers involved in developing and teaching courses to law enforcement recruits have expressed extremist views, included prejudiced information within training material, and had connection to far-right groups including the Proud Boys.

The figure central to Reuters’s findings was Richard Whitehead, a prominent law enforcement consultant who has been involved in training more than 500 officers over the last four years. During that time, he’s used his online platform to call for public executions of government officials who were disloyal to former President Donald Trump, lent his support to extremist organizations, and called for police officers to disobey public health orders. He also claimed that “we are on the brink of civil war.” In his official training sessions, he showed a police officer in a turban and labeled him a “towel head.” He mocked trans people with material about a suspect who “identifies as a mountain panda.” He taught police not to trust sexual assault victims. He was previously banned from Washington police training groups for his approach, but continues to get work across the country.

While Whitehead might be the most prominent of the far-right cop consultants, he’s not alone. Reuters tracked down several other instructors who have claimed the 2020 presidential election was stolen and seem to believe the QAnon conspiracy theory. At least one participated in the insurrection attempt on Jan. 6, 2021. Others appeared in a database of people associated with the Oath Keepers, a far-right, violent, anti-government group.

Cops are now being trained by literal white supremacists

My lead trainer, when I went through academy, was a black man. Screw that white supremacist though, right?

In my experience, and I fully admit that it's anecdotal (still more than you can offer with your anti-cop propaganda), is that black cops tend to be tougher on black criminals and go easier on white criminals. The white cops tend to go tougher on white criminals and easier on black criminals.

My best guess as to why??? Maybe it's an effort to remain above reproach and safe from being rebuked. Or maybe it's guilt...but either way I see it daily. FWIW, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to err on the side of caution.

All of that is nice to know but really isn't relevant to the thread topic

We have white supremacist extremists in positions of influence in
public service.

Hard to believe you can honor the laws of this country if your an anti-government white supremacist

You can't be a public servant...cop, politician, teacher, firefighter, military
And you certainly should be in positions to "train" others

https://www.yahoo.com/news/soldier-said-wanted-combat-experience-204338897.html

Soldier Who Said He Wanted Combat Experience to Kill Black People Booted After FBI Probe​

A former paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne Division who has been arrested said he enlisted to become more proficient at killing Black people and made overt references to white supremacy.

Spc. Killian Ryan was taken into custody Aug. 26 on a charge related to lying on his secret security clearance and was kicked out of the Army the same day, according to the service. An investigation by the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force discovered ties to white nationalism and threats of violence against minorities on social media accounts, according to court records.

"I serve for combat experience so I'm more proficient in killing n-----s," Ryan wrote in one social media post on May 27, 2021. That comment was posted roughly two weeks after he enlisted in the Army. His personal email address at the time was "NaziAce1488," a reference to Adolf Hitler and American white supremacy.

All of that is nice to know but really isn't relevant to the thread topic

We have white supremacist extremists in positions of influence in
public service.

Hard to believe you can honor the laws of this country if your an anti-government white supremacist

You can't be a public servant...cop, politician, teacher, firefighter, military
And you certainly should be in positions to "train" others

If your point was that cops are being trained by white supremacists to behave more like white supremacists...and my point was that cops tend to be more hostile towards people who share their skin color...then yes, my point was entirely relevant.

As for the underlined portion, the vast majority of the people that you are referring to are NOT anti-government. They are anti overreaching government. There's a huge difference.

I freaking love this country. I would absolutely sacrifice myself for it. However, I'm not in love with the idea of my government getting into my personal affairs (including banning abortion, even though i detest abortion) or of federal government imposing itself unduly on local government.

That in no way makes me a white supremacist. And that's what you and others are trying to spin...and it's horseschite.

OK so a former member of the Oath Keepers testifies that they're a white supremacist group and because you "love the country" its horseschite as you put it?

I can't even call that your form of "logic" because its completely illogical
One has nothing to do with the other

No one is trying to spin anything...a membership list of a white supremacist extremist group was made public and current law enforcement, politicians, and active duty military personnel are on it

What's the spin?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lapd-officers-heard-saying-not-173200170.html

LAPD Officers Heard Saying ‘It’s Not a Gun Bro’ Before Shooting Black Man in the Back​

Noah A. McGee
Tue, September 6, 2022 at 1:32 PM·2 min read

Just seconds after Los Angeles police officers stated Jermaine Petit, a Black man, was unarmed, officers still shot him three times in the back. Officers claimed that the metal car part he was carrying was a “non-functioning firearm,” according to the Independent.

Body cam footage released last week shows LAPD officers approaching Petit on July 18 after responding to a 911 call that stated that a man in Leimert Park, a neighborhood in Los Angeles, was seen brandishing a “semi-automatic weapon,” according to the Independent.

As officers chase Petit down the street, one of the officers can be heard saying, “It’s not a gun bro.” Despite that, officers continue to chase Petit and order him to take his hands out of his pocket. When the officers started to open fire, Petit started to run and was shot three times in the back.

While he lays face down on the ground, Los Angeles officers continue yelling orders at him and aim their weapons toward him. One officer can be heard saying, “We’re going to have to roll him over and handcuff him... someone needs to secure the gun.”

Petit was taken to the hospital where he stayed for several days, according to a GoFundme post by his daughter, Ashlyn Petit.

After the shooting, an LAPD spokesman claimed in a press conference that Petit was carrying a weapon, according to the Los Angeles Times. Later, the LAPD retracted the statement and said Petit had a “black metal latch actuator,” not a firearm or “weapon.”

More from the Independent:

The officers involved in the shooting have been identified as Sergeant Brett Hayhoe and Officer Daryl Glover Jr…
LAPD captain Kelly Muniz said in the video released on Thursday that the investigation into the officer-involved shooting was still in its preliminary stage and could take up to a year to complete.
Ms Muniz said Mr Petit was arrested for two outstanding felony warrants of obstructing an officer and assault with a deadly weapon on an officer.
The LAPD has recommended charging Mr Petit with two counts of brandishing a replica firearm, Ms Muniz said.

Officer Glover, one of the officers involved in the shooting, is the son of the Vice President of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, according to Knock-LA.com.

The league is a union that defends officers in the LAPD.

The case is still under review.

The biggest question left to be answered is why did LAPD officers still shoot Petit even though one of the officers can be heard saying, “It’s not a gun bro”?

OK so a former member of the Oath Keepers testifies that they're a white supremacist group and because you "love the country" its horseschite as you put it?

I can't even call that your form of "logic" because its completely illogical
One has nothing to do with the other

No one is trying to spin anything...a membership list of a white supremacist extremist group was made public and current law enforcement, politicians, and active duty military personnel are on it

What's the spin?

You either aren't reading what I write or you aren't comprehending it. I guess it doesn't really matter which, does it?

No spin required. I've said my piece. I love this country and I don't care for an overreaching federal government. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

People like myself aren't supremacists of any sort. If it makes you feel better to define us in ways that aren't based on reality, you do you. You care WAY more about race than I ever will.

Reactions: nothergator
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lapd-officers-heard-saying-not-173200170.html

LAPD Officers Heard Saying ‘It’s Not a Gun Bro’ Before Shooting Black Man in the Back​

Noah A. McGee
Tue, September 6, 2022 at 1:32 PM·2 min read

Just seconds after Los Angeles police officers stated Jermaine Petit, a Black man, was unarmed, officers still shot him three times in the back. Officers claimed that the metal car part he was carrying was a “non-functioning firearm,” according to the Independent.

Body cam footage released last week shows LAPD officers approaching Petit on July 18 after responding to a 911 call that stated that a man in Leimert Park, a neighborhood in Los Angeles, was seen brandishing a “semi-automatic weapon,” according to the Independent.

As officers chase Petit down the street, one of the officers can be heard saying, “It’s not a gun bro.” Despite that, officers continue to chase Petit and order him to take his hands out of his pocket. When the officers started to open fire, Petit started to run and was shot three times in the back.

While he lays face down on the ground, Los Angeles officers continue yelling orders at him and aim their weapons toward him. One officer can be heard saying, “We’re going to have to roll him over and handcuff him... someone needs to secure the gun.”

Petit was taken to the hospital where he stayed for several days, according to a GoFundme post by his daughter, Ashlyn Petit.

After the shooting, an LAPD spokesman claimed in a press conference that Petit was carrying a weapon, according to the Los Angeles Times. Later, the LAPD retracted the statement and said Petit had a “black metal latch actuator,” not a firearm or “weapon.”

More from the Independent:

Officer Glover, one of the officers involved in the shooting, is the son of the Vice President of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, according to Knock-LA.com.

The league is a union that defends officers in the LAPD.

The case is still under review.

The biggest question left to be answered is why did LAPD officers still shoot Petit even though one of the officers can be heard saying, “It’s not a gun bro”?

Sorry to take a crap on your wall of text ...but the obvious and simple answer here is...clearly some of the officers still thought that he was holding a gun.

Why did officers kill the kid in a dark alley 15 or so years ago who was holding a hairdryer? They believed that he was holding a gun.

Several others have been killed while holding toy guns. Same answer.

How is this a mystery for you? And would you care if Petit was white?

You either aren't reading what I write or you aren't comprehending it. I guess it doesn't really matter which, does it?

No spin required. I've said my piece. I love this country and I don't care for an overreaching federal government. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Are you a member of the Oath Keepers?

What your stating about your own beliefs and what the Oath Keepers say are different....So what's your point?

This post was about people on the membership list of the Oath Keepers being current public servants and you want to waste my time telling me how your similar beliefs don't make you a white supremacist

People like myself aren't supremacists of any sort. If it makes you feel better to define us in ways that aren't based on reality, you do you. You care WAY more about race than I ever will.

No people who are members of a white supremacist groups are supremacists
Not the only ones....but certainly if you're on a membership list I think you qualify 🤣

Sorry to take a crap on your wall of text ...but the obvious and simple answer here is...clearly some of the officers still thought that he was holding a gun.

So an officer who sees and shouts its not a gun doesn't matter?

Why did officers kill the kid in a dark alley 15 or so years ago who was holding a hairdryer? They believed that he was holding a gun.

Several others have been killed while holding toy guns. Same answer.

How is this a mystery for you? And would you care if Petit was white?

New rule: Shoot first and it doesn't matter if you were right or wrong in assessing the situation

I'm against police abuse of all citizens

What's plainly obvious is that you don't seem to give a crap about police abuse of ordinary citizens

...but God forbid somebody investigates donald trump or prosecutes a Jan 6 insurrectionist

That's when the "conservatives" here go beserk screaming injustice

So an officer who sees and shouts its not a gun doesn't matter?

Did I say that it didn't matter?

Clearly it's not the only thing that matters. For example, whether or not everyone heard him or agreed with his split second assessment, that would matter as well.

New rule: Shoot first and it doesn't matter if you were right or wrong in assessing the situation

This right here, this is why people don't waste their time with you. No offense but you're an idiot.

What's plainly obvious is that you don't seem to give a crap about police abuse of ordinary citizens

Is it now?

I'm an idiot too for trying to have an adult conversation with you.

White supremacist extremists are part of America's institutions and need to be weeded out of public life

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elected-officials-police-chiefs-leaked-041134211.html

Elected officials, police chiefs on leaked Oath Keepers list​

ALANNA DURKIN RICHER and MICHAEL KUNZELMAN
Wed, September 7, 2022 at 12:11 AM·5 min read

6sluh7.jpg

The names of hundreds of U.S. law enforcement officers, elected officials and military members appear on the leaked membership rolls of a far-right extremist group that's accused of playing a key role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to a report released Wednesday.

The Anti-Defamation League Center on Extremism pored over more than 38,000 names on leaked Oath Keepers membership lists and identified more than 370 people it believes currently work in law enforcement agencies — including as police chiefs and sheriffs — and more than 100 people who are currently members of the military.

It also identified more than 80 people who were running for or served in public office as of early August. The membership information was compiled into a database published by the transparency collective Distributed Denial of Secrets.

The data raises fresh concerns about the presence of extremists in law enforcement and the military who are tasked with enforcing laws and protecting the U.S. It’s especially problematic for public servants to be associated with extremists at a time when lies about the 2020 election are fueling threats of violence against lawmakers and institutions.

“Even for those who claimed to have left the organization when it began to employ more aggressive tactics in 2014, it is important to remember that the Oath Keepers have espoused extremism since their founding, and this fact was not enough to deter these individuals from signing up,” the report says.

Appearing in the Oath Keepers' database doesn't prove that a person was ever an active member of the group or shares its ideology. Some people on the list contacted by The Associated Press said they were briefly members years ago and are no longer affiliated with the group. Some said they were never dues-paying members.

“Their views are far too extreme for me,” said Shawn Mobley, sheriff of Otero County, Colorado. Mobley told the AP in an email that he distanced himself from the Oath Keepers years ago over concerns about its involvement in the standoff against the federal government at Bundy Ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada, among other things.

The Oath Keepers, founded in 2009 by Stewart Rhodes, is a loosely organized conspiracy theory-fueled group that recruits current and former military, police and first responders. It asks its members to vow to defend the Constitution “against all enemies, foreign and domestic," promotes the belief that the federal government is out to strip citizens of their civil liberties and paints its followers as defenders against tyranny.

More than two dozen people associated with the Oath Keepers — including Rhodes — have been charged in connection with the Jan. 6 attack. Rhodes and four other Oath Keeper members or associates are heading to trial this month on seditious conspiracy charges for what prosecutors have described as a weekslong plot to keep then-President Donald Trump in power. Rhodes and the other Oath Keepers say that they are innocent and that there was no plan to attack the Capitol.

The Oath Keepers has grown quickly along with the wider anti-government movement and used the tools of the internet to spread their message during Barack Obama's presidency, said Rachel Carroll Rivas, interim deputy director of research with the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project. But since Jan. 6 and Rhodes' arrest, the group has struggled to keep members, she said.

That’s partly because Oath Keepers had been associated so strongly with Rhodes that the removal of the central figure had an outsized impact, and partly because many associated with the group were often those who wanted to be considered respectable in their communities, she said.

“The image of being associated with Jan. 6 was too much for many of those folks,” she said.

Among the elected officials whose name appears on the membership lists is South Dakota state Rep. Phil Jensen, who won a June Republican primary in his bid for reelection. Jensen told the AP he paid for a one-year membership in 2014 but never received any Oath Keepers' literature, attended any meetings or renewed his membership.

Jensen said he felt compelled to join because he “believed in the oath that we took to support the US Constitution and to defend it against enemies foreign and domestic." He wouldn't say whether he now disavows the Oath Keepers, saying he doesn't have enough information about the group today.

“Back in 2014, they appeared to be a pretty solid conservative group, I can't speak to them now,” he said.

ADL said it found the names of at least 10 people who now work as police chiefs and 11 sheriffs. All of the police chiefs and sheriffs who responded to the AP said they no longer have any ties to the group.

“I don’t even know what they’re posting. I never get any updates,” said Mike Hollinshead, sheriff of Idaho’s Elmore County. “I'm not paying dues or membership fees or anything.”

Hollinshead, a Republican, said he was campaigning for sheriff several years ago when voters asked him if he was familiar with the Oath Keepers. Hollinshead said he wanted to learn about the group and recalls paying for access to content on the Oath Keepers’ website, but that was the extent of his involvement.

Benjamin Boeke, police chief in Oskaloosa, Iowa, recalled getting emails from the group years ago and said he believes a friend may have signed him up. But he said he never paid to become a member and doesn’t know anything about the group.

Eric Williams, police chief in Idalou, Texas, also said in an email that he hasn't been a member or had any interaction with the Oath Keepers in over 10 years. He called the storming of the Capitol “terrible in every way.”

"I pray this country finds its way back to civility and peace in discourse with one another,” he said.
I’m ouwt. Saw “insurrection” and realized the entire article was bullschit.

My lead trainer, when I went through academy, was a black man. Screw that white supremacist though, right?

In my experience, and I fully admit that it's anecdotal (still more than you can offer with your anti-cop propaganda), is that black cops tend to be tougher on black criminals and go easier on white criminals. The white cops tend to go tougher on white criminals and easier on black criminals.

My best guess as to why??? Maybe it's an effort to remain above reproach and safe from being rebuked. Or maybe it's guilt...but either way I see it daily. FWIW, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to err on the side of caution.
Doing some quick math, 370/900,000 total law enforcement (excluding military) is .04% of the total population.

In any cohort, you will get 2 to .02% of "extremists" - I do not care if it is law enforcement, academia, politics, business, etc.

If those individual commit crimes such as actually breaching the capital, then proceed with all appropriate legal actions and penalties.

If they are registered anger, protest, but do it peacefully and not invading non-approved spaces, then this is still a free country - regardless of whether I personally agree with them.

What is most concerning about the ADL, and I am 25% jewish, is that it used to be for pure freedom of speech. Now it appears (perhaps I am wrong) it has become a reflexsive arm of the Left leaning interests

Did I say that it didn't matter?

Clearly it's not the only thing that matters. For example, whether or not everyone heard him or agreed with his split second assessment, that would matter as well.

Well the actual events of that day say that your two examples (excuses) DID NOT OCCUR...if that matters to you

The body cam footage shows that the statement that he did not have a gun was clearly understood by the officers engaging on foot with the suspect.

Additionally it wasn't a split second decision...the officer says its not a gun and then the 2 officers continue to follow Petit on foot still communicating with the suspect

In addition to that fact...the first shot fired came from a supervisor who wasn't on foot but in a SUV. The supervisor never communicates with the officers on foot, has his weapon drawn and shoots from the vehicle in violation of department policy.

Then one of the officers on foot shoots the suspect in the back even though he knows that Petit doesn't have a gun

That's what ACTUALLY happened...not any of your imaginary excuses

Do those things matter too?

Or are the only "other" things that matter are the imaginary ones you created that are exculpatory of the actions of the officers?

https://la.streetsblog.org/2022/09/...side-patrol-vehicle-sparking-contagious-fire/

LAPD Sergeant Fired at Jermaine Petit from Inside Patrol Vehicle, Sparked Contagious Fire from Officer Who Knew Petit Was Unarmed​

LAPD opted not to mention Hayhoe fired at Petit from inside his patrol vehicle in the critical incident briefing released last Thursday. Shooting from inside a moving vehicle is against LAPD policy.

By Sahra Sulaiman
Sep 3, 2022

This right here, this is why people don't waste their time with you. No offense but you're an idiot.

The idiot in this case would be you because the comment you're taking so much offense to was made by a SCOTUS justice in dissent to a case regarding qualified immunity for a police shooting of a person who committed no crime.

“Shoot first and think later,” according to Justice Sonia Sotomayor, is what the officer did.

As Sotomayor argued in dissent, the court’s decision in Kisela v. Hughes means that such “palpably unreasonable conduct will go unpunished.” According to seven of the nine Justices, Hughes’ Fourth Amendment right to not be shot four times in this situation is less protected than the officer’s interest in escaping accountability for his brazen abuse of authority. According to Justice Sotomayor, "If this account of [the officer’s] conduct sounds unreasonable, that is because it was. And yet, the Court … insulates that conduct from liability under the doctrine of qualified immunity.”

https://www.aclu.org/news/criminal-law-reform/supreme-court-gives-police-green-light-shoot

The Supreme Court Gives Police a Green Light to ‘Shoot First and Think Later’​

April 9, 2018

The Supreme Court just ruled that a police officer could not be sued for gunning down Amy Hughes. This has vast implications for law enforcement accountability. The details of the case are as damning as the decision. Hughes was not suspected of a crime. She was simply standing still, holding a kitchen knife at her side. The officer gave no warning that he was going to shoot her if she did not comply with his commands. Moments later, the officer shot her four times.

Come on Barney...nothing to say "Alabama's finest" 🤣

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-preacher-arrested-while-watering-161302334.html

Black preacher arrested while watering flowers sues police​

Sat, September 10, 2022 at 12:13 PM·2 min read

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A Black pastor who was arrested by white police officers while watering the flowers of a neighbor who was out of town filed a federal lawsuit alleging the ordeal violated his constitutional rights and caused lingering problems including emotional distress and anxiety.

Michael Jennings filed the lawsuit Friday night against three officers and the central Alabama town of Childersburg requesting a jury trial and seeking an unspecified amount of money.

Jennings’ lawyers held a news conference outside the Birmingham federal courthouse on Saturday to discuss the lawsuit, and the NAACP, the nation’s oldest civil rights organization, and other groups planned a rally afterward at a downtown park.

“I’m here for accountability, and I’m here for justice,” Jennings told the news conference.

The suit alleged the actions of Officers Christopher Smith and Justin Gable, Sgt. Jeremy Brooks and the city violated rights protecting against unlawful arrest and guaranteeing free speech. He cited multiple continuing problems including post traumatic stress disorder and humiliation.

Childersburg city attorney Reagan Rumsey didn’t return an email seeking comment.

Jennings, 56, was arrested in May after a white neighbor called 911 and said a “younger Black male” and gold SUV were at a house while the owners — who are friends of Jennings and had asked him to watch their home — were away.

Jennings identified himself as “Pastor Jennings” but refused to provide identification to the officers, who arrested him on a charge of obstructing government operations after a 20-minute confrontation that included raised voices on both sides.

Filed in municipal court, the charge was dismissed within days at the request of the then-police chief. Jennings’ attorneys last month released police body camera video that was obtained following a records request to the city, located 55 miles (88 kilometers) southeast of Birmingham.

Benard Simelton, president of the Alabama branch of the NAACP, said the officers who arrested Jennings did “so many things” that weren't in line with good community policing tactics.

“These poor judgment decisions reflect poorly on the type of training the Childersburg police officers receive … if they were acting in accordance within police guidelines,” Simelton said in a statement.

While Jennings could have filed a claim against the city seeking damages, attorney Harry Daniels said that wasn't done because the arrest was well within the time frame allowed by law for a lawsuit.

Doing some quick math, 370/900,000 total law enforcement (excluding military) is .04% of the total population.

In any cohort, you will get 2 to .02% of "extremists" - I do not care if it is law enforcement, academia, politics, business, etc.

Your using the membership roll of 1 group versus the entire population of law enforcement officers?

I think anyone can see the obvious faults with that methodology

No one said that was an exhaustive list of all white nationalists in law enforcement

The officers in Vincent, AL weren't members of the Oath Keepers but the residents there realize having white nationalists as law enforcement isn't permissible

https://www.al.com/news/2022/08/thi...ts-so-it-disbanded-the-entire-department.html
This Alabama city couldn’t fire cops who sent racist texts, so it disbanded the entire department
Published: Aug. 18, 2022, 11:06 p.m.

If those individual commit crimes such as actually breaching the capital, then proceed with all appropriate legal actions and penalties.

If they are registered anger, protest, but do it peacefully and not invading non-approved spaces, then this is still a free country - regardless of whether I personally agree with them.

Now leaving a bad mathematical argument aside this set of statements not only is disingenuous but factually inaccurate

There are plenty of professions where your idea of what a "free" county is not the standard. Law enforcement, jurisprudence, and education come to mind in particular.

The mere perception of bias isn't even allowed in the legal system.

You don't have to actually commit an illegal act to invalidate a legal decision
That's why we have the action of recusal

Same is true in law enforcement...
How many prosecutions have been thrown out because of biased decisions affecting investigations?

Remember the conservative cries of injustice regarding Peter Strzok & Lisa Page in the Russia investigation?

Why would I mention education as another place where your idea of free speech isn't permitted?

Look no further than Florida where DeSantis is now writing laws that infringe on the speech of teachers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/remember-republicans-said-don-t-105132659.html

Remember how Republicans said ‘Don’t say gay’ law only applied to grades K-3? Big lie | Opinion​

Your ideas of unlimited free speech for many professions has never existed

What is most concerning about the ADL, and I am 25% jewish, is that it used to be for pure freedom of speech. Now it appears (perhaps I am wrong) it has become a reflexsive arm of the Left leaning interests

The ADL was never in support of "pure" freedom of speech

The name of the organization is Anti-Defamation.
I think that clearly states the organization is against certain types of speech, right?

Last edited:
If your point was that cops are being trained by white supremacists to behave more like white supremacists...and my point was that cops tend to be more hostile towards people who share their skin color...then yes, my point was entirely relevant.

https://www.tampabay.com/investigat...ly-profile-how-florida-trains-police-on-bias/

‘An excuse to racially profile’: How Florida trains police on bias​

A course designed to teach officers about discrimination in traffic stops instead has significant flaws, eight experts told the Times.​

As for the underlined portion, the vast majority of the people that you are referring to are NOT anti-government. They are anti overreaching government. There's a huge difference.
So being a member of the Oath Keepers and other like minded white nationalist organizations doesn't mean you're anti-government... OK :rolleyes:

I freaking love this country. I would absolutely sacrifice myself for it. However, I'm not in love with the idea of my government getting into my personal affairs (including banning abortion, even though i detest abortion) or of federal government imposing itself unduly on local government.

And of course we see you posting about the un-American tyrannical GOP about this... :rolleyes:

Lindsey Graham proposes new national abortion restrictions bill

Lindsey Graham proposes new national abortion restrictions bill​

https://www.axios.com/authors/rfalconer

That in no way makes me a white supremacist. And that's what you and others are trying to spin...and it's horseschite.

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/boogaloo-facebook-kiwi-farms-police-100033594.html

Who are the Oath Keepers, really?​

A new deep-dive from the Anti-Defamation League reveals that hundreds of law enforcement officers, members of the military, first responders and elected officials have, at one point, paid dues to the armed extremist group the Oath Keepers. The group's findings shed more light on issues my colleagues and I investigated last year.

• Last fall, the watchdog group Distributed Denial of Secrets shared a massive trove of data taken from the private chatroom database of the extremist armed group the Oath Keepers. The leak included a huge database purportedly detailing the names and other information about 38,000 people who had at one point paid dues to the organization.

• The ADL report goes even deeper, detailing hundreds of public officials and law enforcement officers who were on the list state-by-state.

Yep, nothing wrong with having white supremacist extremists in government... :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-official-warned-jan-6-173812736.html
FBI official was warned after Jan. 6 that some in the bureau were 'sympathetic' to the Capitol rioters

Ryan J. Reilly and Ken Dilanian
Fri, October 14, 2022 at 1:38 PM·6 min read

6x01mg.jpg

WASHINGTON — A week after the Jan. 6 attack, an email landed in a top FBI official’s inbox expressing concern that some bureau employees might not be particularly motivated to help bring to justice the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol and threatened lawmakers’ lives.

“There’s no good way to say it, so I’ll just be direct: from my first-hand and second-hand information from conversations since January 6th there is, at best, a sizable percentage of the employee population that felt sympathetic to the group that stormed the Capitol," and that it was no different than the Black Lives Matter protests of the summer of 2020, the person wrote in an email to Paul Abbate, who is now the No. 2 official at the bureau. “Several also lamented that the only reason this violent activity is getting more attention is because of ‘political correctness.’”

The email, recently disclosed publicly in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, reflects an issue that’s been hanging over the Jan. 6 investigation since it began: the notion that there are some in the bureau who weren’t, and aren’t, particularly driven to bring cases against the Capitol rioters.

dump_7.png

Nah....its white trumpanzees who are too touchy and they resort to violence

Unite the Right violence
3541.jpg

Jan 6 insurrection
capitol-riot-violence-0513211.jpg

CRT/COVID School Board violence
school-boards-fbi-11-1.jpg

Abortion protest violence

Screen-Shot-2022-05-06-at-12.06.10-PM-1024x860.png
Well I think black on black crime is WAY more of a problem, especially since 12% of the population committing 50% of violent crimes. I think we may need some attention in that area. I have never seen a white supremist...not sure they actually exist. Certain black people are just the kind of people who are afraid of non existent things...like ghosts, so there is that.

Do you think ANYONE reads even one word of your cut and paste garbage?

EVERYONE speak up if you read ANY of these? I do not EVER. Not one word

Racist ron gets triggered and posts 4 times in succession on a thread he claims to not have read 🤣
Bubble boy is fixated on Oath Keepers….. Re-posts links from left wing news resources…. Perpetuating the echo chamber in his head.

This country’s got 999 problems but the Oath Keepers isn’t one of them.

• Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Bubble boy is fixated on Oath Keepers….. Re-posts links from left wing news resources…. Perpetuating the echo chamber in his head.

This country’s got 999 problems but the Oath Keepers isn’t one of them.

Lil Dickey is just a soft person that needs help from others to be average..typical lefty. Blaming his inadequacies on others. Held down because of his skin color!! LOLOLOL Poor lil dicky!

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT